I think that boy in riverwood who thinks he is the badass.He is annyoying    :blush:

Oh... the "get on my bad side and I'll prank you" kid? Yeah, he could do with something.

EDIT: He's only got Hello dialogue, though, as far as I can recall... so he'll be along the same lines as Dagny or Nazeem.

a great idea , the one npc who should be general is delphine .from the minute you meet her she shows no respect at all , there's no way she could have gotten the horn what's his face if you had to kill all those necromancers and druager , plus use whirlwind sprint  to get to her note . and if she even thinks there's a possibility that you are dragonborn she should show some respect , the last dragonborn concord all of tamriel and started the empire ,and he never even saw a dragon let alone killed any . but bethesda chose to make every guard and half the npcs beg you to kill them , and all you have to do is accidentally kill a chicken and every npc try to kill you . i have gone the route of turning all the towns people into vampires with better vampire ,and making them all essential with become high king of skyrim dialogue . killing someone in open combat is part of skyrim life , ulfric challenged touareg , he killed the king in fair combat  such is the custom of skyrim and all nords  . booo ,he doesn't deserve to speak , he doesn't deserve to die he killed the king in fair combat , boo .

so do i need to kill alduin before this works ? because as it is now i don't seem to get any dialogue option from this mod . 

turn in the horn of jurgen windcaller and/or kill alduin, it is in the description...

Right, that's the way. Complete The Horn of Jurgen Windcaller for most NPCs to recognize you as Dragonborn. Many will have different dialogue if you've killed Alduin. A few (not many) NPCs will have extra dialogue if you are the Archmage, Harbinger, etc.

At least, that's how it's supposed to work... @jerry05, are you already Dragonborn and still you're not getting any sort of extra options from the NPCs listed on the OP?

a great idea , the one npc who should be general is delphine .from the minute you meet her she shows no respect at all , there's no way she could have gotten the horn what's his face if you had to kill all those necromancers and druager , plus use whirlwind sprint  to get to her note . and if she even thinks there's a possibility that you are dragonborn she should show some respect , the last dragonborn concord all of tamriel and started the empire ,and he never even saw a dragon let alone killed any .

That's planned for the future... I originally was just going to make this about the Dragonborn, which meant that anyone in the main quest you'd encounter before getting the horn back to the Greybeards would have nothing special. The mod has evolved a bit, and there's plenty of room to add things to Delphine about you being, for example, the Archmage, or Harbinger. Farengar will eventually be more respectful in those cases when he asks you to go get the dragonstone.

Breakthrough!

I figured out how to open scripts properly in DLC, so I can start adding dykwia to people like Neloth now.

I'm gonna celebrate by playing XCOM. :)

For those interested, you have to open skyrimeditor.ini and change the "sScriptSourceFolder" variable to add in the DLC you want...

For example:

Vanilla:             Data\Scripts\Source

Dawnguard:    Data\Scripts\Source\Dawnguard

Dragonborn:   Data\Scripts\Source\Dragonborn

Make sure to switch back to vanilla once you're done editing the DLC!

EDIT: Nope. I guess not. I can see the scripts, but I can't make any of my own now. After two hours fighting with the CK, validating the install, resetting all settings, moving scripts around, googling possible solutions, I give up. No DLC for this mod.

GODDAMN CK.

Even when it looks like there's no chance of a mod conflict, there is still a chance of conflict

I think this will be my new sig on all Skyrim forums. Thanks!

As for additions:

Maybe Im just an old grumpy asshole (ok, there's no maybe about it :D ) But I get tired of these asshat Jarls: (in thick Ah-nold accent) "blah blah blah, kiss my ass and then give some of the locals a blowjob if you want to buy a house."

Muthaf@kka! Im the gorram archmage, head of the thieves guild, Leader of the Dark Brotherhood, AND the Harbinger. I can steal your clothes right off your back while I hand you your still beating heart. And then raise your corpse to be my b^tch as I lead my werewolf pack off to piss on what furniture of yours we dont use for chew-toys. You should be PAYING me for the privilage of me banging your wife and daughters, you pansy. Now knock off about 50% from that house cost, and maybe I might just consider moving to this backwood jerkwater cousin-f^cking hickville you're so proud of.

Or something to that effect. :lol:

Even when it looks like there's no chance of a mod conflict, there is still a chance of conflict

As for additions:

Maybe Im just an old grumpy asshole (ok, there's no maybe about it :D ) But I get tired of these asshat Jarls: (in thick Ah-nold accent) "blah blah blah, kiss my ass and then give some of the locals a blowjob if you want to buy a house."

Muthaf@kka! Im the gorram archmage, head of the thieves guild, Leader of the Dark Brotherhood, AND the Harbinger. I can steal your clothes right off your back while I hand you your still beating heart. And then raise your corpse to be my b^tch as I lead my werewolf pack off to piss on what furniture of yours we dont use for chew-toys. You should be PAYING me for the privilage of me banging your wife and daughters, you pansy. Now knock off about 50% from that house cost, and maybe I might just consider moving to this backwood jerkwater cousin-f^cking hickville you're so proud of.

I hadn't thought of that. There's a good opportunity to fast-track past "help out three people in the hold" and get right to buying a house.

I... uh, I'll probably be a bit more restrained, though. ;)

As for additions:

I hadn't thought of that. There's a good opportunity to fast-track past "help out three people in the hold" and get right to buying a house.

*applauds and ++++1*

Breakthrough!

I figured out how to open scripts properly in DLC, so I can start adding dykwia to people like Neloth now.

I'm gonna celebrate by playing XCOM. :)

For those interested, you have to open skyrimeditor.ini and change the "sScriptSourceFolder" variable to add in the DLC you want...

For example:

Vanilla:             Data\Scripts\Source

Dawnguard:    Data\Scripts\Source\Dawnguard

Dragonborn:   Data\Scripts\Source\Dragonborn

Make sure to switch back to vanilla once you're done editing the DLC!

EDIT: Nope. I guess not. I can see the scripts, but I can't make any of my own now. After two hours fighting with the CK, validating the install, resetting all settings, moving scripts around, googling possible solutions, I give up. No DLC for this mod.

GODDAMN CK.

About the DLCs... did you remember / know about adding the BSA files to the ini configuration for the editor?

There are two lines to update:

SArchiveList=Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Update.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa, Heartfire.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa

SResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa
SResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Update.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa, Heartfire.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa

Well, if you have to. lol

About the DLCs... did you remember / know about adding the BSA files to the ini configuration for the editor?

SArchiveList=Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Update.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa, Heartfire.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa

SResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa
SResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Update.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa, Heartfire.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa

Oh! I only edited the highlighed line for that... didn't edit the other!

I'll go try it right now!

EDIT: I said the highlighted line.

EDIT 2: Dammit, Loverslab, why won't you let me color it?

I mean I edited the SResourceArchiveList2 but not the SResourceArchiveList or the SArchiveList.

EDIT 3: Okay, does this look right?

[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
SInvalidationFile=ArchiveInvalidation.txt
iRetainFilenameOffsetTable=1
iRetainFilenameStringTable=1
iRetainDirectoryStringTable=1
bCheckRuntimeCollisions=0
bUseArchives=1

Dammit... nope, didn't fix it. Still the same errors, still not able to see vanilla (DLC) code.

post-462261-0-13822500-1427579287_thumb.jpg

@Content_Consumer - That was worth a shot.

I should add I am getting the error in your screenshot even for brand new quests.

In my case, it happens when I add new quest stages.

If I edit the script in the quest stage right away after creating it, I get that error.

If I create blank quest stages, press OK and close the quest - save the mod and reopen the quest, I can edit the scripts in the new stages without error.

@Content_Consumer - That was worth a shot.

I should add I am getting the error in your screenshot even for brand new quests.

In my case, it happens when I add new quest stages.

If I edit the script in the quest stage right away after creating it, I get that error.

If I create blank quest stages, press OK and close the quest - save the mod and reopen the quest, I can edit the scripts in the new stages without error.

Sounds like a royal pain in the backside... And when I say royal, I mean 20 generations...

v13 is up...

Thane quests (Favor250, Favor252, Favor253, Favor254, Favor255, Favor256, Favor257, Favor258)

• Whiterun (Whiterun) - Thaneship is granted by Jarl Baalgruuf in the course of doing the main quest. Therefore, dykwia is only set up if Vignar Grey-Mane is Jarl, which can only happen if you've sided with the Stormcloaks and have attacked Whiterun. Since Vignar is a devout Stormcloak and uber-concerned with Nord traditions, he will welcome the Dragonborn with open arms.
  • Reach (Markarth) - The Jarl of the Reach, on the other hand, will be less welcoming of the Dragonborn. After all, the title of Thane is granted to those who prove themselves in service to the hold, and Dragonborn is merely ability by birth... so you'll have to have slain Alduin for whoever is Jarl to bypass the standard "help 3/5 people" quest.
  • Haafingar (Solitude) - Same as the Reach
  • Eastmarch (Windhelm) - Ulfric will welcome the Dragonborn, but Brunwulf will require you to prove yourself first.
  • Hjaalmarch (Morthal), Pale (Dawnstar), Falkreath (Falkreath), Winterhold (Winterhold) - The Jarls of these little holds will be starstruck at having the famous Dragonborn offer to become Thane. No need to actually do anything important, just be Dragonborn.
  • Rift (Riften) - I didn't even go there. What a mess the thaneship of Riften is.

I'm not totally happy with these conditions. I mean, it also makes sense for Brunwulf to grant you thaneship no matter what just because you put down Ulfric. Elisif might be dissatisfied with your "aid" if you sided with the Stormcloaks. Other Jarls should be equally happy with you if you've finished the Civil War, or even if you've just liberated (conquered) their city.

The problem is, the Civil War is such a convoluted mess, with multiple possibilities given for any specific stage, and frequently intertwined with the main quest, I don't really want to tackle all those conditions.

That goes for other faction heads, too... for example, if you're Archmage, it would make sense for Korir to spurn you but Kraldar to welcome you because of that... but detecting just who is Jarl at any given time is proving to be difficult.

Note on Falkreath - I'm not totally sure how Hearthfire DLC interfaces with this. Let me know if any bugs show up.

Ok so I have a bit of a request here...

Can we get an addon/patch/something for this where, when the PC is wearing a Devious Devices item (maybe just any collar, maybe configurable, not picky here) then asking this question has a chance to backfire and result in something less than respectful?  Not gonna go into too much detail on this idea here since this is the Non-Adult section of the forum but just wondering if mayhaps a patch for DD users could be in the works mayhaps?

Also, I know absolutely nothing about scripting in Skyrim (or in LUA generally.  it uses LUA, right?) but if nobody else wants to, can I get permission to attempt this myself?

Ok so I have a bit of a request here...

Can we get an addon/patch/something for this where, when the PC is wearing a Devious Devices item (maybe just any collar, maybe configurable, not picky here) then asking this question has a chance to backfire and result in something less than respectful?  Not gonna go into too much detail on this idea here since this is the Non-Adult section of the forum but just wondering if mayhaps a patch for DD users could be in the works mayhaps?

Also, I know absolutely nothing about scripting in Skyrim (or in LUA generally.  it uses LUA, right?) but if nobody else wants to, can I get permission to attempt this myself?

Hmm... that's not a bad idea. Detecting what armor or items you are wearing by keyword is certainly possible, and IIRC all DD items have specific keywords. However, it might require making DD a dependency in order to get those keywords. It might be easier to just use the "getequipped" dialogue condition, but that also might require making DD a dependency to get the items. I'll have to look it up.

This mod is in the non-adult section because I just haven't added in any SL content... yet(?). I'm waffling on the idea... I mean, Solutions handles that sort of bypass-the-quest-by-sex thing pretty well, and it's still in a state of evolution... who knows if eventually all of dykwia's "let me through because I'm Dragonborn" bits will be replaced with better "let me through because I'm sexy" bits in Solutions.

The problem for me is that I get burned out pretty quickly adding in dykwia stuff.

It isn't writing dialogue, it's in setting up the conditions and making sure the scripts work right, and everything flows properly. Consider the following:

A Jarl offers you the position of Thane. You can say you're Dragonborn or that you've killed Alduin to bypass this.

The easiest way to go about this is just to do one or the other, and call it quits. But that's boring... so I did both. But for now, just assume you did one option only.

So you have to copy and paste (or write) dialogue relevant to the situation... which takes maybe 10 seconds. Then you have to create a dialogue branch, name it, add in the player speech, add in the dialogue you've gotten, press "cancel" on the CK's goddamn irritating spell checker (why oh WHY does it not know the word "Dragonborn" for fuck's sake?), add in dialogue conditions (usually two, sometimes three or more, for dykwia), add in the proper .setstage script, wait maybe 1 second to compile it, press OK, and hope to gods you got everything right, link it to the previous section, and exit the dialogue to save immediately because the CK likes to crash randomly.

If you're copying and pasting, it takes maybe a minute to do a single dialogue entry like that. Faster, no doubt, if you do a lot of them in a row and get into the swing of it.

If you're writing uniquely (and assume here you're not struggling for unique things for people to say to the single question), it takes maybe a minute and a half.

BTW - I'm just pulling numbers out of my ass, here. I haven't actually timed it. :)

So... call it a minute per branch. Then duplicate that, because like an masochistic idiot you've decided to do mutually-exclusive dialogue that checks to see if you're Dragonborn and have not yet killed Alduin, and if you're Dragonborn and you have killed Alduin. Total time: Two minutes.

Then notice that you've gotten one out of eight Jarls you need to edit. Total time: sixteen minutes.

Then you decide it would be a nifty thing for certain Jarls to be more receptive to you if you are, for example, Archmage. Hey, that's impressive too, right? Add in another minute per faction per topic, and suddenly sixteen minutes might go up to 40 minutes.

For God's sake, do not decide to do mutually exclusive stuff for this, because if you start going into the "is-dragonborn-and-archmage-but-not-harbinger" and all that stuff, you're talking about freaking hours to do a single quest! THEN DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN FOR THE NEXT QUEST YOU'VE DECIDED TO ADD TO. Add in time for looking at the UESP wiki and making sure you've got the right quest, the right person, the right stage.

Then you decide to add in DD checks. You have to duplicate all the work you've already done for another unique dialogue topic with a condition on it that detects whether you are wearing a collar. Then duplicate it again if you want to detect if you're wearing a chastity belt. Then duplicate it again if you want to detect if you're wearing a chastity belt and collar but not harness or plugs. And so on.

Um... this is sounding pretty negative. Don't get discouraged! I'm using hyperbole, and also probably overestimating the amount of work this takes. All told, adding in the Jarls bit for v13 took me, I guess, maybe 20-30 minutes.

As  for LUA, I had to google it because I had no idea what it was. I have no idea about scripting in Skyrim, or what language it is or what it relates to... I've heard it's pretty similar to Python, but I've got to say I don't see much similarity there (though I could just be jaded because I don't like Python at all). Most of my scripts in dykwia are just simple setstage fragments and the rest is handled through dialogue conditions. For Devious Manual, things got a little more in-depth but still I'm just barely scratching the surface of what scripts are capable of.

If you want to start making a mod like this, go right ahead. If you want to use dykwia as a base, feel free to do that too... I think I included the script sources in a few of the old versions, and I also included all sources in v13.

tl;dr: Adding in DD checks might require making DD a dependency, and I don't really want to do that. If you want to give it a shot, go right ahead! ;)

Is there something like a github spot we can go to find the keywords?

Try the front page of Zaz Animation Pack... there are many links and details there.

There may be something about that in the Devious Devices wiki but I didn't check.

The easiest is to open a mod with Zap as a requirement and look at keywords starting with zbf.

• 2 weeks later...
Development is going to zero for the next 2-6 weeks, due to a family health issue.

I'll be without my precious, precious internet for that time, so goodbye y'all, see you in a month, month and a half at the outside.

Current status of this mod:

I haven't done anything with this since the last update. Sorry, people, I've been sidetracked making a new mod and playing XCOM.

I've still got a list of people I need to take a look at, and I'll also try to figure out my damn DLC problem when I get back too.

In the meanwhile, keep making requests and suggestions or asking questions and I'll try to solve stuff when I return.