v3 is up... Nepos, Calcelmo, and the Valtheim Towers bandit.

I tried to do Nepos's dialog... hopefully I didn't fuck things up.

I also figured out how to deal with Calcelmo's initial greeting dialog (an invisible continue was messing me up). He should now have unique dialog for the Dragonborn when he first meets you.

The bandits at Valtheim Towers should recognize you when you're Dragonborn. Note that I didn't edit anything but their dialog and quest stage, so they will still become hostile under certain conditions (I think, if you loiter around a while, or if you start walking up the towers).

v3 edits two vanilla scripts... of which Nepos is the most edited, and the one I'm kind of nervous about (I've read that sometimes global variables don't change when you tell them to).

Looks Interresting, You remember Degain ? The Son of a Bi*** from Markarth who wants you to Steal the Dibbella Statue in the Tempel, think he could be a Top Candidate for your Mod. I Hate that Bas***d, i only need to see him to ask myself, why the hell you still haven't Beaten the Crap out of him.

Looks Interresting, You remember Degain ? The Son of a Bi*** from Markarth who wants you to Steal the Dibbella Statue in the Tempel, think he could be a Top Candidate for your Mod. I Hate that Bas***d, i only need to see him to ask myself, why the hell you still have Beaten the Crap out of him.

He's a good one! I'll try him for the next update. :)

With OBIS, Valtheim is filled to the brim with bandits who ignore the toll thing and just attack. I'll be curious to see if your mod does something about that. Lydia would appreciate it - that's usually where she dies (five minutes after becoming my houscarl) in my games.

It doesn't make sense for Alduin to be impressed by you being Dragonborn. In fact, he sneers at the idea of you being worthy of the name Dovah, and even if you've killed every other dragon in the world, that would just make him want to kill you more. 

One small mod I have kind of been pecking at is similar to this, so maybe you can just incorporate it. It always bothers me when I leave Cighna Mine that all this stuff supposedly happened and I'm "part of the tribe," as it were, so I made a messagebox saying that time is hard to judge in the mine and a much longer time has passed than you might think. Then, if you happen to be far enough along on the main quest, people will question where you have been. Delphine, for instance: "Where the hell have you been? Dragons have been tearing apart the countryside!" Or the greybeards: "That took longer than expected. I suppose there is no shout that keeps you from getting lost." etc.

Sounds Great :) Well You already got Nazeem hes one of my Favorite Assho***. Do you plan Support for the DLC Chars in your Mod, Neloth from Dragonborn could be a good Choice too.

Something to make Neloth less of a cock would be welcome.

Short of the Dragonbone Bow, anyway.

Maven Black-Briar and Haelga too.

With OBIS, Valtheim is filled to the brim with bandits who ignore the toll thing and just attack. I'll be curious to see if your mod does something about that. Lydia would appreciate it - that's usually where she dies (five minutes after becoming my houscarl) in my games.

It doesn't make sense for Alduin to be impressed by you being Dragonborn. In fact, he sneers at the idea of you being worthy of the name Dovah, and even if you've killed every other dragon in the world, that would just make him want to kill you more. 

One small mod I have kind of been pecking at is similar to this, so maybe you can just incorporate it. It always bothers me when I leave Cighna Mine that all this stuff supposedly happened and I'm "part of the tribe," as it were, so I made a messagebox saying that time is hard to judge in the mine and a much longer time has passed than you might think. Then, if you happen to be far enough along on the main quest, people will question where you have been. Delphine, for instance: "Where the hell have you been? Dragons have been tearing apart the countryside!" Or the greybeards: "That took longer than expected. I suppose there is no shout that keeps you from getting lost." etc.

I don't think it'll do anything... all I did was mess with the guard on the road. She (she's always female for me... I thought I remembered her being male once, but for the last ~1500 hours playing Skyrim she's always female) has unique dialog, and her response to "do you know who I am" was just to skip to the end and let the player move on, without removing any gold or triggering hostility (which are the only two vanilla options possible - remove 200 gold, 50 gold, or hostility, because the intimidate check autofails).

So no, I don't think it'll change the OBIS problem... sorry.  :(

But yeah, the Cidhna mine thing always seemed too quick to me too... BAM I'm accused of murder and BAM I'm in prison and BAM I'm a Forsworn and BAM I escape and BAM the whole town is peaceful to me again. WTF? Probably I won't do anything in this mod (this mod is basically to add dialog options to snarky or asshole NPCs), but it's a good idea for another mod... I'll add it to my to-do list. :)

Enthir, for Onmund's staff or amulet or whatever it is.

He has a persuade option.

Next update, he's in there. :)

Sounds Great :) Well You already got Nazeem hes one of my Favorite Assho***. Do you plan Support for the DLC Chars in your Mod, Neloth from Dragonborn could be a good Choice too.

Something to make Neloth less of a cock would be welcome.

Short of the Dragonbone Bow, anyway.

Maven Black-Briar and Haelga too.

Neloth is one of the major targets for me... but he's so arrogant, I can see it going the other way too.

Do you know who I am?

Yes, you're the Dragonborn. Is that supposed to impress me?

But yep, I do plan to add DLC characters eventually (at the rate I'm adding people, maybe it'll be a week? I dunno...)

What about Eridur in solitude? :)

(Not sure if spelling... He is the blowhard in the court).

Erikur? Checking...

Yep, Erikur. And yeah, he's on the list.

"I'm a Thane. In the future, you may want to gain that information before talking with someone. Risk of looking like an idiot, and all that."

"Yeah, well I'm the Dragonborn. In the future, you might want to gain that information before belittling someone. Risk getting murdered, and all that."

Argh... the problem is, I'm stuck with an 80-character limit for player speech... so very many responses I'd like to make just can't be done. But still, Erikur's going in, you bet.

Neloth is one of the major targets for me... but he's so arrogant, I can see it going the other way too.

Do you know who I am?

Yes, you're the Dragonborn. Is that supposed to impress me?

Great idea, I think a few inversions like this for the supremely distant or arrogant characters definitely works.

v4 up... Erikur, Degaine, Aela

Erikur still insults the player, but once you tell him you're Dragonborn, he has an abrupt change of heart. :)

Degaine should have some bits of unique dialog for the Dragonborn. He's a bit forgetful, though... he might have to be reminded.

Aela has unique dialog too. Her associated scripts for that scene were a little odd... I *think* I did them properly.

I'm working on Enthir... his associated quests are a bit more messed up than usual. And the dialog "trees" consist of STUMPS for some damn reason.

And there are a couple of different spots that need to be modified for him... I'm putting Enthir on my "later when I'm up for some frustration" list, along with Vilkas.

I don't think it'll do anything... all I did was mess with the guard on the road. She (she's always female for me... I thought I remembered her being male once, but for the last ~1500 hours playing Skyrim she's always female) has unique dialog, and her response to "do you know who I am" was just to skip to the end and let the player move on, without removing any gold or triggering hostility (which are the only two vanilla options possible - remove 200 gold, 50 gold, or hostility, because the intimidate check autofails).

But yeah, the Cidhna mine thing always seemed too quick to me too... BAM I'm accused of murder and BAM I'm in prison and BAM I'm a Forsworn and BAM I escape and BAM the whole town is peaceful to me again. WTF? Probably I won't do anything in this mod (this mod is basically to add dialog options to snarky or asshole NPCs), but it's a good idea for another mod... I'll add it to my to-do list. :)

Or, you know, I'll just keep working on it myself. Or we can have a race to see who makes it first. ;)

I will have to start thinking about integration with SD.

"Do you know who I am?"

NPC: "I don't care.. Now lick my boots" (enslaves player anyway).

actually, the same is true of SS. I'll have to make different auctions for the Dragonborn, 'cause such a prize would surely bring a better price. And the killer of Alduin? assuming someone can defeat the player at that point...

Or, you know, I'll just keep working on it myself. Or we can have a race to see who makes it first. ;)

No fair! You can't tell me you're starting a race when I'm starting nap time!  :D

I was thinking maybe this aspect should be in the language, a different version for the expletive-inclined "Do you know Who I Am, Motherfucker?"

Ugh... I hate to maintain two identical mods at the same time (making identical changes to two different mods is sort of a hassle, not to mention possible bugfixes)...

I'll probably make a SL version of the mod when most people are satisfied (i.e. if a couple weeks pass with no bug reports or new NPC suggestions).

I don't think you would need to maintain two branches like that. I'm currently helping maintain a big armor replacer/addon which has a few hundred armor entries that need to be translated from Ger to Eng and I do this with the TESVTranslator from nexus.

You can save the translation strings before you save the translated esp, so that it can auto-suggest a translation for all entries when you open up the esp later. Assuming that the EDID is unchanged it will either just give the translation or if the source string has changed since last time it will note that there might be a missmatch but it has suggested the previous translation.

It also has some heuristics matches, but I haven't had any real luck with that hitting the mark.

Not typing this becuase I feel any great need for the expletive version, but it's proably easier too maintain such a version than you think. This tool sure made it a lot easier to maintain translating the mod I'm helping with. Took around 2-3 hours the first time translating and after that I've only needed 5-20 min for translating the updates.

I was thinking maybe this aspect should be in the language, a different version for the expletive-inclined "Do you know Who I Am, Motherfucker?"

Ugh... I hate to maintain two identical mods at the same time (making identical changes to two different mods is sort of a hassle, not to mention possible bugfixes)...

I'll probably make a SL version of the mod when most people are satisfied (i.e. if a couple weeks pass with no bug reports or new NPC suggestions).

I don't think you would need to maintain two branches like that. I'm currently helping maintain a big armor replacer/addon which has a few hundred armor entries that need to be translated from Ger to Eng and I do this with the TESVTranslator from nexus.

You can save the translation strings before you save the translated esp, so that it can auto-suggest a translation for all entries when you open up the esp later. Assuming that the EDID is unchanged it will either just give the translation or if the source string has changed since last time it will note that there might be a missmatch but it has suggested the previous translation.

It also has some heuristics matches, but I haven't had any real luck with that hitting the mark.

Not typing this becuase I feel any great need for the expletive version, but it's proably easier too maintain such a version than you think. This tool sure made it a lot easier to maintain translating the mod I'm helping with. Took around 2-3 hours the first time translating and after that I've only needed 5-20 min for translating the updates.

The point was that there isn't much adult content as of yet.

Cosnach could use a "So what. You might be dragonborn, but can you best me in single-malt combat... (hand over a drink)" xD

Installed the mod

Every NPC asks me if I think I could take Vilkas in a fight

Unistall

Seriously, no dialogue boxes or anything else.

Whoops... I forgot to add a check to make sure that Aela was the only one who said that... so it got added to everyone. My bad.

Installed the mod

Unistall

Whoops... I forgot to add a check to make sure that Aela was the only one who said that... so it got added to everyone. My bad.

I dunno, maybe Vilkas is the champion of the fight club and everyone is genuinely curious.

Installed the mod

Unistall

I dunno, maybe Vilkas is the champion of the fight club and everyone is genuinely curious.

Yeah, yeah, I heard you killed Alduin and all... but the question that's really on everyone's mind is... did you win your fight with Vilkas?

I should add in a comment after you intimidate the kid in Whiterun to all NPCs in the game... "You mean you actually threatened Braith? You sir have solid steel balls!"

v5 is up, fixes the v4 bug with everyone talking about Vilkas, and adds in radiant thieves

The wilderness encounter with the thief has dykwia dialog if you're Dragonborn, and might yield something a little extra if you've killed Alduin.  ;)

spam away

well, dont spam, but you know what i mean

im happy every time i see a mod updated

I know, me too! Some mornings, I'll open up loverslab, and see twenty notifications sitting there... it's like christmas! I have some new toys to play with!

But it is a little jarring when you see a lot of updates, check the mod, and find out that the author just made some spelling corrections to the OP or something.

I promise, I'll try not to do that to y'all. :)

spam away

I know, me too! Some mornings, I'll open up loverslab, and see twenty notifications sitting there... it's like christmas! I have some new toys to play with!

But it is a little jarring when you see a lot of updates, check the mod, and find out that the author just made some spelling corrections to the OP or something.

You will have to start getting into the habit of adding release date to the mod name.

That way, when you simple edit the description, people will not be disappointed.

spam away

You will have to start getting into the habit of adding release date to the mod name.

That way, when you simple edit the description, people will not be disappointed.

Good point.

But what release date?

Loredas, the Fourteenth of First Seed

3-14-2015

14-3-2015

March 14, 4713, the year of the Sheep

2015-3-14

March 14 2015
The fourteenth of March, in the year of our Lord two thousand and fifteen
3-14-15
15-14-3
15-3-14
14-3-15
Starting to look like someone guessing at padlock combinations...

So many choices... so little time... so much opportunity for confusion (is 1-5-15 January 5, or May 1 ?)

Next update, I'll start putting release date... but considering that in the last 24 hours I've released five different versions of the mod, I'm not sure that'll be helpful either... :)

So let me get this straight...

I can export translation strings... since I'm not doing any translating, it should just export the English strings only, right?

And then I can re-import the strings into a different mod?

Does it only do text strings, or does it alter dialog trees to fit as well?

What about script fragments, does it copy them over too? Because that's my real issue, here... if I have six different mods (vanilla, dawnguard, dragonborn, and SL versions of each), and someone finds a bug in the vanilla one, can I just edit the vanilla script with the bug, and press a button on the utility and have it change the other five esp files (and their scripts) (one at a time or batch, doesn't matter), or will it overwrite the second mod with the first mod's data?

It's not just the strings I'm worried about changing... like I've said, messing with text dialog is pretty easy, and it's also pretty easy to just copy/paste files... it's making identical mechanical changes to multiple mods I'm concerned about.