Devious Device Cutting - 1.0.3 (08/21/2016)

View File

Devious Device Cutting v.1.0.3 (08/21/2016)

Version 1.0.3 now available for DDi v3.1. Do not install on a previous version. If future versions avoid changes to the 2 scripts I change (only 1 was changed from 2.9.2) this will work for them as well.

I offered to include this in DDi straight up so it wouldn't break later versions (since it overwrites 2 DDi scripts) but a few people felt it made getting out of devices too easy. Others didn't mind including it but the vote went the wrong way. I have no problems with that, the people working on this are doing a great job and they gave it fair consideration.

Also see my mod Immerslave
ALL SPECIAL/ENCHANTED DAGGERS NOW WORK IF THEY ARE EQUIPPED. Regular daggers/knives still work if in your inventory.

Recent changes/patch notes:
1.0.2 (07/23/2016)
- Updated for Devious Devices Integration 3.0 Beta 1
1.0.1 (10/13/2015)
- Updated for Devious Devices Integration 2.9.2
- All daggers will now work if equipped (only way I could get around problem detecting dagger keyword)
- Basic daggers and knives will work if in inventory
- Added actual knife utensil to formlist so it works now. I had the usable knife utensil in the formlist, of which there are only 3 in the base game. D'oh.
What is this?

Cut off leather Devious Devices

Use any regular dagger or the knife utensil to cut off gags, blindfolds, arm and leg binds, harnesses, and gloves from Devious Devices Integration (v 2.9.2+ required). All other daggers will now work IF EQUIPPED.

Cutting will also work on a few devices that are metal, sorry, it would be hell trying to account for everything. Only devices that are native to DDi can be removed like this, special items (like from DCUR) have their own menus and doing this for them would break how DCUR works and Kimy would come and find me IRL and set my car on fire.

You may fail a few attempts, resulting in you cutting yourself - this will cause a small amount of damage and use SexLab Aroused to increase arousal.

Failure is dependent on one handed weapons skill. An install with something like Requiem that changes start stats for one handed weapons may cause this to be a long bout of painful/arousing cuts. Which is why you should use this with Requiem :D Keep in mind that if you do something like start Immerslave on the ship start with Frostfall active and you have frostbite it'll put your one-handed stat at -25 or something and you will kill yourself before you can get out of anything.

What's changed?

I've expanded upon the original gag/blindfold cutting mod to be able to cut off any DD item that looks like you'd be able to cut it off. You can use any regular dagger or the knife utensil if in your inventory, or any dagger at all IF EQUIPPED.

It was getting harder to keep up with device cutting and changes to it along with Immerslave changes, and it was suggested before i put it in its own mod, so that's what I did.

Requirements

SexLab http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/150-skyrim-sexlab-sex-animation-framework-v152-updated-0423/
SexLabAroused http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/307-wip-sexlab-aroused-v2014-01-24/
ZaZAnimationPack http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/156-zaz-animation-pack-2014-07-04/
Devious Devices - Assets http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/269-devious-devices-assets/
Devious Devices - Integration (v 3.0 Beta 1+ required) http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/371-devious-devices-integration-now-with-a-devicesundies-underneath-system-05252014/

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    02/27/2015
  • Category
  • Requires
  • Special Edition Compatible

does this also include the ability to make the secret hood? i like that function of Immerslave.

That's still a part of Immerslave if you install sneak tools. There's no functionality removed from Immerslave; this was actually the first mod I made for Skyrim, just to complement LADL, so I've always kept the cutting separate - plus, some people don't want the easy out. I have to have the "easy" out since I play with RND/Requiem/Frostfall and I'd starve/freeze before I could get into the college at winterhold.

Finally since DD restrained isn't up to date for so long I waited for such a mod I think devious devices really missed something like this I think its quite unrealistic to steal or forge key's while having a blindfold I mean you should not be able to do that, but since there is no other way to remove the blindfold I had to deal with it now thanks to your mod it gets a bit more immersive

Finally since DD restrained isn't up to date for so long I waited for such a mod I think devious devices really missed something like this I think its quite unrealistic to steal or forge key's while having a blindfold I mean you should not be able to do that, but since there is no other way to remove the blindfold I had to deal with it now thanks to your mod it gets a bit more immersive

Talking about "unrealistic", I usually don't get a boner when cutting myself with knifes. Nice idea anyway, arbiter.

I think its quite unrealistic to steal or forge key's while having a blindfold I mean you should not be able to do that, but since there is no other way to remove the blindfold I had to deal with it now thanks to your mod it gets a bit more immersive

I agree! I started with LADL, trying to make it to the keep from the middle of the tundra, having to try to avoid wolves and such (before the current variation of DD you could see and run in 3rd person, and you still sorta can now if you set it up) and if I was lucky enough to get there without freezing to death because of frostfall (through savescumming usually) I'd still be screwed, and there'd be no way out until making it to the college many holds away.

So I says to myself, I says, well I found a dagger (near the fireplace mantle in that tower thingy with the multiple chaurus underneath), why can't I cut a blindfold and gag off? They totally look like cheap pleather.

And that's how we got here. :D 

If someone has justifiable ways to get out of the complex bondage, I'm all ears. I sortof feel like stealing or forging keys (or the spell options that you can set up, or the lockpick options that you can set up) comprise the next level of conniving one's freedom, and all that's already implemented. If there needs to be some middling level of escape that makes sense with all the other options of escape taken into consideration, I'm all ears.

Talking about "unrealistic", I usually don't get a boner when cutting myself with knifes. Nice idea anyway, arbiter.

I was beginning to think I was the only guy here who couldn't stagger through Alicia painslut without shuddering a few times (I can't get through it, seriously, it is one bridge too far).

But yeah, cold knives and shit didn't exactly impress me until hollywood corrupted me with their calculations:

6g987ea.jpg

And now, being the McDonald's/Walmart/Hilton untermenschen that I am, I at least get the whole knives thing.

Check your archive - It looks like you included compiled version of zad scripts that conflict with DD's own scripts.

Nevermind.... I see what you did in the source code.

If you edited the original scripts from DD, you should suggest these changes for the main version or it is going to get difficult to keep up with updates of DD.

Maybe I get you wrong, but I don't care about the arousel thing and obviously I don't care about the cutting myself what I see when looking at this mod is how on earth are you unlocking your blindfold without a key when you neither can see what you are forging at the smith and you cant even see the pockets you are trying to steal the key from so cutting or getting the help of a npc is the only realistic thing I see to remove a locked blindfold its even the only thing that makes sense.

As said I don't care about the cutting thing I mean even someone with two left hands should be able to slid a knife between blindfold and skin without cutting himself

To actually come to a point its about 100 times more "realistic" to get aroused while cutting yourself then be able to smith a key or pickpoket while blindfolded

Before you think something wrong I don't feel offended I just feelt missunderstood so just wanted to make this clear I just like the idea of cutting my blindfold instead of smithing a key without eyeseight

basically I just see the blindfold as the strongest device besides the armbinder I think you should not be able to get out of the blindfold without the help of an npc, but well using a dagger obviously also makes sense and is kinda the only real way one could get out of a locked blindfold without having the key allready in your hand

I was beginning to think I was the only guy here who couldn't stagger through Alicia painslut without shuddering a few times (I can't get through it, seriously, it is one bridge too far).

But yeah, cold knives and shit didn't exactly impress me until hollywood corrupted me with their calculations:

6g987ea.jpg

And now, being the McDonald's/Walmart/Hilton untermenschen that I am, I at least get the whole knives thing.

Dont worry you are sure not the only one I personal only like BDSM without the SM so I'm sure into bondage but without the pain I for example can't stand whipping marks in RL or anything that includes/looks like pain

Maybe I get you wrong, but I don't care about the arousel thing and obviously I don't care about the cutting myself what I see when looking at this mod is how on earth are you unlocking your blindfold without a key when you neither can see what you are forging at the smith and you cant even see the pockets you are trying to steal the key from so cutting or getting the help of a npc is the only realistic thing I see to remove a locked blindfold its even the only thing that makes sense.

As said I don't care about the cutting thing I mean even someone with two left hands should be able to slid a knife between blindfold and skin without cutting himself

To actually come to a point its about 100 times more "realistic" to get aroused while cutting yourself then be able to smith a key or pickpoket while blindfolded

Before you think something wrong I don't feel offended I just feelt missunderstood so just wanted to make this clear I just like the idea of cutting my blindfold instead of smithing a key without eyeseight

basically I just see the blindfold as the strongest device besides the armbinder I think you should not be able to get out of the blindfold without the help of an npc, but well using a dagger obviously also makes sense and is kinda the only real way one could get out of a locked blindfold without having the key allready in your hand

Of course you're getting me wrong. I've only quoted you because of the word "unrealistic" which was ment as a introduction and not related to your actual text. That's small-talk, won't happen again.

Check your archive - It looks like you included compiled version of zad scripts that conflict with DD's own scripts.

Nevermind.... I see what you did in the source code.

If you edited the original scripts from DD, you should suggest these changes for the main version or it is going to get difficult to keep up with updates of DD.

Yeah that's why I had to update this - I will ask about including the changes, thanks for the suggestion.

I should add that I appreciate the Alicia Painslut mod and all the work that you put in it (having said what I did a few posts ago) she just creeps me out a little :D

I found an odd bug.

After installing this mod for some reason I can't use Restraint or Chastity keys to unlock any of the DD asset or DD expansion item any more then I have this mod load with curse loot. I'm using the v2.90 of Devious Device mods.

I would have the keys in my inventory but wouldn't get the use key to unlock option on the chastity belts from Immueslave  or on the gag either that or any non special devious item that was place by Curse loot and I am using the most updated version.

Does this work with adamantium claws? 

You mean this

If adamantium claws are a weapon they can be added to the daggers formlist super easy with tes5edit. Just open up my mod and add it. I could add the option if I can find the mod. If they're some sortof race modification, It'd be harder.

Thanks everyone for the nice feedback!

Excellent mod, should really be in DD to begin with, imo.

I've hit on a small... not even a bug, more like a quirk, I guess. I have my DD configured with a chance for the key to break when unlocking a device. When cutting off a device with your mod, the first two successes will give me the 'key broke' message and not unlock but on my third cutting success it will pop off just fine. I've only cut off 3 devices so the 'key break' message pattern might just be coincidence, but the point is that sometimes upon successfully cutting off a device the 'key break' event will trigger and the device won't come off.

I don't know if it can be fixed, or is worth fixing, without breaking other things. Figured I should report it anyway.

I've hit on a small... not even a bug, more like a quirk, I guess. I have my DD configured with a chance for the key to break when unlocking a device. When cutting off a device with your mod, the first two successes will give me the 'key broke' message and not unlock but on my third cutting success it will pop off just fine. I've only cut off 3 devices so the 'key break' message pattern might just be coincidence, but the point is that sometimes upon successfully cutting off a device the 'key break' event will trigger and the device won't come off.

I don't know if it can be fixed, or is worth fixing, without breaking other things. Figured I should report it anyway.

Thanks, I will take a look at it.

Does this work with adamantium claws? 

You mean this

If adamantium claws are a weapon they can be added to the daggers formlist super easy with tes5edit. Just open up my mod and add it. I could add the option if I can find the mod. If they're some sortof race modification, It'd be harder.

Thanks everyone for the nice feedback!

Thats the one

Thanks, I will take a look at it.

It looks like a bug within DD, actually, because I've gotten the same thing with force removal attempts using magic (Destruction, anyway). I just got my Destruction skill up high enough to get a success that way and my 'key' broke.

It looks like a bug within DD, actually, because I've gotten the same thing with force removal attempts using magic (Destruction, anyway). I just got my Destruction skill up high enough to get a success that way and my 'key' broke.

Ah, k, thanks for reporting back. Definitely report it on the DD thread.