Hello all ! Sorry for my English, first post here...

I don't know if the problem is already known, but i have a geographic bug, there is a area around Phages's camp et the miner town were i just can't go, my game crash by a CDT each time i try to go in this area.

I have the ravena's quest and the brennu's quest in this area, and i guess there are others, so there is a way to avoid crashes ?

Thank you !

The skyrim corruption project have a list of available concepts. Alploochra is the team leader, but he's busy...

I'm here.

I won't put pressure on a beginner to take a mod by himself though, i'm all about comfort zones. (For CK reasons, it's better if there's only one modder at a time on an .esp).

What's needed is either people that can do quests & leveldesign (giving dialogues, establishing conditions and triggers, placing assets and npcs,... basic modder's dayjob) or someone more code-oriented that could help me by actually coding the Aura framework (a manipulation & psyche framework that would make all modules easier to do and compatibles).

There's people already there for the writing support so no fear to have there (i'm not against newly interested recruits still).

Seri has also taken a (very recent) interest in doing customized faces for the npcs.

It's good news !

Hello all ! Sorry for my English, first post here...

I don't know if the problem is already known, but i have a geographic bug, there is a area around Phages's camp et the miner town were i just can't go, my game crash by a CDT each time i try to go in this area.

I have the ravena's quest and the brennu's quest in this area, and i guess there are others, so there is a way to avoid crashes ?

Thank you !

Curious.... did you have other mods which modify this area ?

I have other mods, but no one supposed to modify area... And that's just horrible, because i really like this mod but half are the quest are in this area...

I precise that it worked very well with the previous version of this mod, i installed 1.74 today, all the quest bugged before are working well, but i have this...

Quotes inside:

[Nested Quotes]

Coding with Papyrus language, a object oriented language based on Python.

You don't need lot of skills. You know, I began to code AFS in january, and in this time I never made a mod, and I dont had any skills in progra;;ation. I learn everything by making AFS. It's explain why the mod was full of bugs... and there are still some of it.

It's not so difficult to made a little mod... a very big one like AFS tooks months.

The skyrim corruption project have a list of available concepts. Alploochra is the team leader, but he's busy...

Did you already use CK, did you already made NPC, interiors cells ?

I can teach you if you want. I already do that for somebody who wants a farm mod...

You should read tutorials also, like the quest one.

"give a fish to a man, and he will eat for one day. Learn him how to fish, and he will eat for all his life".

I'm here.

I won't put pressure on a beginner to take a mod by himself though, i'm all about comfort zones. (For CK reasons, it's better if there's only one modder at a time on an .esp).

What's needed is either people that can do quests & leveldesign (giving dialogues, establishing conditions and triggers, placing assets and npcs,... basic modder's dayjob) or someone more code-oriented that could help me by actually coding the Aura framework (a manipulation & psyche framework that would make all modules easier to do and compatibles).
There's people already there for the writing support so no fear to have there (i'm not against newly interested recruits still).
Seri has also taken a (very recent) interest in doing customized faces for the npcs.

Thanks for the welcoming offers guys, very nice of you.

If it's CK related stuff, I'm very much interested to learn how to use the tool but it's is something I've only explored for 5-10 minutes in the past before giving up - mostly because I'd only wanted to take a peek and didn't have any modding ideas to begin with (meaning zero experience whatsoever). With that said, I personally think I'd be more helpful with other tools/resources. If it's only a matter of getting familiar with the CK user interface, I'd still be willing to venture a try too.

I could try to familiarise myself with Papyrus, that one sounds more my speed. Is coding with it done via CK too, or can we do so with our text editor of choice?

The 'Aura Framework' sounds like a considerable undertaking. If it's a straightforward coding/programming job, it's something I can attempt at.

Basically, what I had in mind with "coding help" was something like the run-of-the-mill Notepad++ programming/coding work. My experience comes solely from a 2-year computer course in college, haven't done much of programming/coding outside of that. I definitely wouldn't boast to be an expert in programming work, but I'd certainly like to take on a project as a way to practice and learn, while helping out with the development of this great mod.

We could discuss this via PM as well if you guys find that more suitable.

More crazy people, more fun 1

If it's CK related stuff, I'm very much interested to learn how to use the tool but it's is something I've only explored for 5-10 minutes in the past before giving up - mostly because I'd only wanted to take a peek and didn't have any modding ideas to begin with (meaning zero experience whatsoever). With that said, I personally think I'd be more helpful with other tools/resources. If it's only a matter of getting familiar with the CK user interface, I'd still be willing to venture a try too.

Yes.

First thing for you should explore the CK onglets, and should open a quest mod (like mine, but also from other authors), trying to understant how its work, and ask questions.

I could try to familiarise myself with Papyrus, that one sounds more my speed. Is coding with it done via CK too, or can we do so with our text editor of choice?

You can prepare your code on a text file; but you will need to put it into CK for compilation.

Some people more skilled use other ways...

The 'Aura Framework' sounds like a considerable undertaking. If it's a straightforward coding/programming job, it's something I can attempt at.

I think it's to difficult for you right now. You should focus on exploring CK, to understand how mods works, and to try to create a short one. We can discuss about that.

Basically, what I had in mind with "coding help" was something like the run-of-the-mill Notepad++ programming/coding work. My experience comes solely from a 2-year computer course in college, haven't done much of programming/coding outside of that. I definitely wouldn't boast to be an expert in programming work, but I'd certainly like to take on a project as a way to practice and learn, while helping out with the development of this great mod.

So, you have better basic knowledge than me... I never learn programmation at university... only a few during my thesis (signal threatment). I learn how to code on Papyrus by myself... and by asking questions to people here (AqqH, etc...).

Good.

Maybe I should take a look with TESCEdit... dirty edits can be possible...

So, is there something i could do ? Must i just wait ?

You can check the celles around Soljund Hole, and try to find and clean dirty edits by usint TESCVEdit.

Or you can wait... but i need to work on Ravenous first...

I have other mods, but no one supposed to modify area... And that's just horrible, because i really like this mod but half are the quest are in this area...

I precise that it worked very well with the previous version of this mod, i installed 1.74 today, all the quest bugged before are working well, but i have this...

If you use MO, check for overwriting.

But even if it's something linked to the mod you'll not automatically see it.

For example, FTD bugs my saves sometimes when entering the Winking Skeever, and the save becomes unloadable, even with no overwrite of any kind and no overlapping changes.

It can also be a npc and not the place that triggers your CTD (like a wandering Dibella priestess). Have you tried doing something else for a few ingame days and coming back ?

Also, are you in a new game or still in the same from before 1.74 ?

I don't got that problem on my built...  (no alploochra, dont whip me !).

Other people get this problem ? I found nothing in TECSVEdit... only Ravena stuff... the only change I made in AFS1.74 in this zone if setting Drana as Nord female.

If you use MO, check for overwriting.

But even if it's something linked to the mod you'll not automatically see it.

For example, FTD bugs my saves sometimes when entering the Winking Skeever, and the save becomes unloadable, even with no overwrite of any kind and no overlapping changes.

It can also be a npc and not the place that triggers your CTD (like a wandering Dibella priestess). Have you tried doing something else for a few ingame days and coming back ?

Also, are you in a new game or still in the same from before 1.74 ?

It's the same game, i just load a save at the begining of the quest.

And for TESCVEdit, sorry, but i'm kind of new with mods, and i have no idea of what it is or how to use it...

I didn't tryed to do something else for inday days, i'll try this...

But thanks for your quick answers ; )

Yes.

First thing for you should explore the CK onglets, and should open a quest mod (like mine, but also from other authors), trying to understant how its work, and ask questions.

Alright, I'll shoot up CK one of these days and look up some beginner tutorials. Get back to you when I think I know at least a little bit :)

Nice of you to reach us.

(I'll give a rundown there in public, after all, others may be interested.)

The thing is, i'm too bad at programming to exactly say how difficult it is, just savvy enough to know it's feasible and can be mainly revamped from other mods (including abandonned mods like Sexlab Attraction, Sexlab Approach, Sexlab Romance...).

It's mainly things that i know can be done or have already been done, but there's more than a few of them. It's not really complicated concept-wise even if it looks so; some of the pillaged stuff from other mods may be, but hey, their authors can be asked for help.

The base idea is to give npcs (and the player) a character sheet of hooked or semi-randomized stats, and the actions (quests) of our modules can change some of them (the "attacking stacks") while the distributed ones are the "defense stats".

It's easier to explain with simplified examples:

1- A mod X lets you do Seduction actions against npcs, if it works, then you sleep with them and gain Sleaze stacks. When you have enough Sleaze on someone the mod X, or another mod Y, let you do a Blackmail action against the npc that has enough Sleaze. What the blackmailing gives back is decided by the module, not the framework (or maybe there's a default option in the framework, that's not really important). Of course, there's possible backslash, and you can gain Slut Fame and Sleaze on yourself too.

The Azura and Mephala oriented modules come to mind there.

2- A mod Z lets you kidnap npcs using Defeat's mechanics (submitting, restraining and bagging). The mod then lets you put kidnapped npcs in a special place - a dungeon, let's say. There the same mod allows you to do Beating (brawling minigame) and Intimidating (the vanilla perk) actions on the npc. That gives the npc Pain stacks and Fear stacks. When there's enough of them (checked against a defense stat) the npc will break and become of the Slave faction. Of course mod Z has acquiring and breaking slaves as an objective for quests and such.

There's obvious backslash (well, kidnapping a brigand is easy, kidnapping Ysolda harder without considerable effort or Bounty) and less obvious (if beaten too much or having gained too much Despair, the slave doesn't give up on will, it gives up on life - you've failed at breaking it).

The whole point is to make a gameplay of what's fixed in other approaches of the same theme, because what's boring with nearly every slavery mod is that it's only roleplay, and no gameplay; some try to advert the roleplay-only aspect but have to struggle with a repetitive aspect (SD+ Enslaved quest).

It also works the other way, the difference is that the player is not randomly seeded with defensive stats, the player choices make them. I'll take the FTD example there:

3- SPOILER ! The pc is captured near the beginning of FTD, after the investigation. There, cinematics decide for you what you're doing and you're stuck with no choice but to join the cult.

Well with Aura it's not that way, there, the cult is attacking YOU with Indoctrination and Addiction stacks. You've three main outcomes, fighting it and winning, fighting it and losing, or not fighting it.

Fighting it makes you more Moral and Independant, submitting more Corrupt and Submissive.

In any case, you'll end either triggering the OutQuest (that let's you escape from a module - here, escaping with the noble girl), the InQuest (that's you playing the module and corrupting Haafingar) or the StasisQuest (that's you failing or choosing as player to do nothing and becoming a Breeder Slave - the mod doesn't advance one way or another hence the nickname)

Whenever you want.

I liked that ti was the daedric lords and Kyne that was beind the gods that the Forsworn worshipped when Ravena explained it. They're perfect for this.

It's the actual Witchmen official lore.

The official official stuff. ALL BOW TO LORD OFFICIAL OFFICIAL APOO.

So, I didn't understand you very well... my apologies.

Of course, if you learn ow to made NPC customised with race menu, it could be very nice.

You will find some hearts in Skyrim... :P. specially in necromancers dens.

On my side : I use "useful remains". Each time i kill a NPC, I can receive some parts of it...

Or you can use AFS Cheat chests

I think it's better to like...implement some sort of interaction with a dead body, much like when harvesting blood for that one Hermaeus Mora book, or when harvesting a Briarheart's briarheart (I guess) for that one stuck-up mage from Telvanni on Solstheim.

If that's not possible, then a simple "there's a heart in this particular area, go get it" and mark it with a quest marker. Because otherwise it's incredibly difficult to complete in a timely matter without other mods. And no, we should not make going to a cheat chest or relying on mods the solution.

Relying on another unpointed (and beyond this quest useless) mod, or relying on a rare loot without pointing at it, is a gamedesign failure.
Better have a temporary script that will give a heart for each npc kill (basic mmo script - wooly purple six-legged landsharks have only wool on them when you need to gather purple wool for a quest), or point to a group of mercenaries with hearts (i mean, in their inventory, not figuratively speaking).

Spriggan husk need to be looted on spriggans.

Relying on another unpointed (and beyond this quest useless) mod, or relying on a rare loot without pointing at it, is a gamedesign failure.
Better have a temporary script that will give a heart for each npc kill (basic mmo script - wooly purple six-legged landsharks have only wool on them when you need to gather purple wool for a quest), or point to a group of mercenaries with hearts (i mean, in their inventory, not figuratively speaking).

Ok, I can made that...

where me find spriggan hask?

by looting spriggans.

You will find some hearts in Skyrim... :P. specially in necromancers dens.

On my side : I use "useful remains". Each time i kill a NPC, I can receive some parts of it...

Or you can use AFS Cheat chests

Well I went to the Wiki and there were 3 places I had discovered but hadn't explored that contained them. I also found out they are never sold and are a ultra rare drop for alchemy pouches.  I would suggest you make "useful Remains" a dependency or find a way to provide them, depending on a "cheat" chest or external sources is bad quest design.  But let me add that many aspects of AFS are great, I am merely trying to leave constructive criticism. 

Hey guys,

I have a little problem finding Izalith; Since there is no questmarker I proceeded with running around and asking all the foresworn charcters but none of them has a talk option about her. did I miss something? how am i supposed to find her? any clues? XD