On 8/24/2018 at 6:20 AM, Synake said:

Sorry for digging up a several month old post, but just wanted to say thanks, I've been trying to find the cause of the CTD issue (had tracked it down to crossing the border into Cell -6,-7 which is contains the start of the path up to the North Brittle Shin Pass entrance). But couldn't identify a cause even after hours of digging around with logging and xEdit (it was either crashing before logging the cause, or I wasn't seeing it in the hundreds of lines of harmless warnings).

I was at the point of caving to rolling back the version and hoping it didn't cause instabilities, or having to start a new character all over again. Then I found your fix, and I'll be darned if it didn't clear up the whole issue. So, thanks again. Now lets go see if all this effort was worth it (I'm only on the very first quest and haven't even seen any forsworn yet).

-6, -7...

That's strange, there is no modifications in that cell...

there is a dirty edit at -6 -11... a mountain

Here, please try this esp, and tell me if the problem persist. Please also find the strange door in the wilderness.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/9kqh0dlgri91nde/ZaForswornStory.zip/file

Thanks ill try that esp, yea my assumption is that many people run CRF and CRF edits a lot of those cells as it adds a whole new farm house. Perhaps that sole edit glitches with higher updates as it seems other people reported that version 2.0 works without CTD's but higher updates seem to glitch. Have a great day

On 11/11/2019 at 5:40 AM, disdain18 said:

Can someone help me please? I am at the quest "For the old gods:staff and trees". I am at the part that says "learn the chiefs projects". I have no quest marker and I don't know what to do. I tried to search at the other pages of the forum,which led me that I should probably talk to Armin(?) But even if I do so I only get the quests "A new Sybil for the old gods" (the Dibella quest), the misc ones (protecting the redoubts or solve the current problems) or "Constance's Project". Completing the last one doesn't offer any additional dialogue. Command "  getstage 9a0505a4 gives a result of 60. Please help!

On 11/13/2019 at 11:16 PM, Delzaron said:

there is a eeting near the koldun caves entrance...

I'll see if I can find some old archive...

West of whiterun ? Which cell ? can you give me a pic, a distance from the giants camp ?

hi Delzaron and thanks for your work. Can you help me more please? I'm wondering around the Koldun cave entrance and there is no one there. No meeting or anything

On 11/15/2019 at 3:07 AM, disdain18 said:

hi Delzaron and thanks for your work. Can you help me more please? I'm wondering around the Koldun cave entrance and there is no one there. No meeting or anything

There is a little vale at the front of the koldun entrance. The chiefs are supposed to meet here... I need to check that quest again.

3 hours ago, Delzaron said:

There is a little vale at the front of the koldun entrance. The chiefs are supposed to meet here... I need to check that quest again.

Thanks a lot but I don't see anything of interest around the Koldun cave entrance. Maybe I first need to talk to someone to trigger the event to start?

• 2 weeks later...

Help please. I'm stuck on The way of the wolf quest from Drana. I kill Izi something or other, take her heart and special organ, then return to Drana but she doesn't start next conversation. I've waited different lengths of time close and across skyrim but nothing. I did find out if you attack and loose and she enslaves you(defeat) that you get and option to the quest Brooding Mother.  Can anyone tell me how to advance quests stages? thanks

11 minutes ago, 100colors said:

Help please. I'm stuck on The way of the wolf quest from Drana. I kill Izi something or other, take her heart and special organ, then return to Drana but she doesn't start next conversation. I've waited different lengths of time close and across skyrim but nothing. I did find out if you attack and loose and she enslaves you(defeat) that you get and option to the quest Brooding Mother.  Can anyone tell me how to advance quests stages? thanks

A script is corrupted, maybe.

• 2 weeks later...

So, something must be wrong with the shaman ceremony... My character have been sitting there with Kat for 10 IRL minutes, badycia or whatever she was called said something at the beginning and stopped talking... I'm pretty sure she should 5alk,(an issue I often come across, characters supposed to talk but stop until I start a conversation and end it, then they continue

On 12/13/2019 at 8:05 PM, Zerlenka said:

So, something must be wrong with the shaman ceremony... My character have been sitting there with Kat for 10 IRL minutes, badycia or whatever she was called said something at the beginning and stopped talking... I'm pretty sure she should 5alk,(an issue I often come across, characters supposed to talk but stop until I start a conversation and end it, then they continue

?

of course... after badycia and kartimandua stop talking, the others comes (it sill take 2 mins, I teleport them near the clearing entrance).

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, Brisl said:

I have a Question: Can occur conflicts if i have previous done the quest No One Escapes Cidhna Mine and Madanach is death because i dont help him to escape ? Can then occur conflicts if idecide to use this mod later ?

no, you can still play AFS if Madanach is dead.

Hi there :)

I am currently playing Skyrim for my first time.

So totally new to the game.

Playing as a wood nymph in a more nature oriented playthrough.

I stumbled acroos this mod today and it seems it would fit my playstyle as I am using untamed and more nasty critters already.

The dependecies are clear.

But what about the recommended mods?

For example: Your Dryad link sends me to a dead end. How hard do I need them for a good expirience of this mod?

And how stable is the new version?

Edit:

Also, if I have already an UNP Armor patch, do I need your provided armor patches?

Greetings, Ali

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, furryspyro said:

hi all. please i am sorry i am stucked on quest shamanic ceremony. my character sit near the tree with other characters and nothing happens. i waited very long,cant move. please beg you help me.

They are all here ?

Use T if one is blocked somewhere, it help a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question for all this mod fans.

As you know, AFS was my first mod. I'm thinking about a rewriting, including the story (more fit with the lore, make the reach more "at war", primal shamans more fit to beastesses, no more kolduns just forsworns better shamans, hagravens of course, more use of redoubts, end os story involving the civil war (pact with the empire with cession of Markarth, no possibility with stormcloaks but conquest of markarth), resurrection of Carmin Eagle).

hi

how about an alliance between forsworns orcs and falmers (TID) to kik out the nords from skyrim?

well... not really good ideea not lore lol

but yes some more action in the reach, freee markarth at least from the nords

maybe some connections with arnima (beyond the reach) and include dwemerhome mod (new markarth) from steam

Ideas for the redone :

- no more east empire company. I'll refocus on the silverblood mercenaries.

- maybe suppressing the small world. I found several nice cave cells in other mods, which can be nice redoubts. After, all, it's an hidden place...

- action will lead to markart cession/ conquest.

- more lore for the war (hanged people, etc...).

- redone the radiant quests to make more actions.

- supress some side quests (the one wich add houses near sinkhole, the one with the kernels, I'll keep only the trolls).

- alliance with orcs and falmers of course.

- I made some nice stuff in Beastess Lore... i should include it.

new markarth... this mod ?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=261303267

it seems very good, I should explore it ! By the way, how I can downalod it from steam ?

All suggestions are welcome !

21 hours ago, Delzaron said:

Ideas for the redone :

- no more east empire company. I'll refocus on the silverblood mercenaries.

- maybe suppressing the small world. I found several nice cave cells in other mods, which can be nice redoubts. After, all, it's an hidden place...

- action will lead to markart cession/ conquest.

- more lore for the war (hanged people, etc...).

- redone the radiant quests to make more actions.

- supress some side quests (the one wich add houses near sinkhole, the one with the kernels, I'll keep only the trolls).

- alliance with orcs and falmers of course.

- I made some nice stuff in Beastess Lore... i should include it.

new markarth... this mod ?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=261303267

it seems very good, I should explore it ! By the way, how I can downalod it from steam ?

All suggestions are welcome !

yes this new markarth adventure i think you can get some useful things fron this

but why cut off the small world? it's a nice touch

you just need to subscribe to this mod on his steam page but afther that for use him....maybe try to contact mad frenchie (encore un français) i love his mods too

20 hours ago, petronius said:

Does this mod provide an alternative route to Blackreach - or do I have to advance in the game's main quest to the point where Septimus gives me the sphere to gain access?

No, you need to find a way to acces blackreach by your own means.

Here's what I noted for the mod redone.

What do you think ?

Intro :

You get a mercenary. You'll meet the group, and a group of forsworns with Katalia. If you refuse to see Kat being raped and executed, the mercenaries will turn againt you.

Kat and you will fall into a lake. You'll need to find the exit together. Here, you'll meet Gleba and a group who defeated the mercenaries.

If you wish to learn kat's spells, you'll need to meet again neat one of the redobts (you're still not accepted as a forworn). Mostly, find Kalydi, bring her for sacrifice.

You'll be leaded blindfolded to the sacred tree. Here you'll meet Badycia, Ethrane... and decide the fate of Kalydi.

After, you'll be kick outside.

For a time, you'll need to perform some small quests for the forsworns, like killing a bounty hunter, sack a farm, free Madanach, get stuff for Phage, etc... it's also here you'll meet Moira. Katalia will provides you a caban to hide, but that's all. You're still not allowed to enter into most of the redoubts. You'll follow only Kat and Ethrane lessons.

After a time, you'll need to proove your will to join the forsworns. And choose how you'll participe : participate to a raid (it will make you ennmy with Markarth), or being a 'secret agent'

You'll be able to begin a shaman, and continue your initiation.

After a time (a number of side quests to complete), the war is set. If you're a woman, you'll need to become a Beastess/shaman/hagraven. If you're a man, a briarheart (I'll make them use hagravens spells).

You're final trial will be from Beastess lore : survive to Hircine hunt, against other champions. If you win, you'll become the New Carmin Eagle, leader of the forsworns (he current one is a draugr, so, no). If you die, well, you die.

Here the difficult point : I'll need to get the status of the civil war.

If the war didn't began :

- you'll need to choose a side, and negociate the cession of the reach and Markart for the forsworns.

- if the war is in course, you'll need to negociate with your current faction to get the cession of the Reach to the forsworns.

- if the war is ended, that's a problem...why imps or stormcloaks will negociate with you ?

Of course, the current jarl and the silverbloods can't side with forsworns. You'll have to kill them.

The idea here is simple : I'll add a persone in each camp, will know forsworns interests. When you'll suceed, the one corresponding the the civil war faction you chosen will become Jarl (so, the new forsworns kingdom is a liege of the empire/free skyrim. Madanach, if he alive, will be advisor (I don't think imps or stormwloaks will allow the forsworns to get back the reach, and let Madanch rules it as independant kingdom). As the Carmin Eagle, you'll decide of the rules of Markarth (like executing some people, allow slavery, turning the temple of dibella to Hircine with maiden ravens as priestesses, what will become the temple of Talos...).

If TID, you'll need to negoacte with the falmers (they wants also the city, but can't lead openly).

Also an idea : Kat, Ehtrane, and Moira will be mariable and followers.

Of ciourse, I plan to remove some stuff : the cabans and flames near the passage to lost vallet redbout, hags beastess and kolduns side quests, the werewolf way, some side quests.

Some other ideas could be investigated : like rescue a forsworn girl from a brothel...

What do you think about it ?

Again, all help (how to code kat mariable, how to code the management of the civil war, replacement of guards and crime stuff in Markarth, etc... will be welcomed).

First Delzaron, let me compliment you on your mod. I'm thoroughly enjoying it. I hesitated about using it for a long time because I run an **extremely heavy** build, inlcuding Legacy of The Dragonborn, many of its supported quest mods, Immersive Citizens, Interesting NPCs, etc, etc, etc... For a mod as large as this to work, it was surprisingly simple, which speaks volumes for its quality. I checked all conflicts and did the necessary patching, which was not as much as I feared. You've allowed me to roleplay my first Breton and Forsworn and it's been a pretty interesting ride, 60 hours into this playthrough and still haven't touched the main quest or most of the city quests and side quests - except for Markarth, for I also run Devious Cidhna and man, that mod works so well with yours for the story. Thank you.

I'm excited at your plans for the future of your mod. Can I make a few suggestions?

- reduce the number of **menhirs** (portals) to Lost Valley to one... I found the one near Old Hroldan the most practical. Having more than one messes up with the map markers a little... Whenever I had a marker pointing to Lost Valley, it was usually placed near the hagraven nest near the Bard's Leap summit, where no portal is actually located. Maybe if we had only one portal, it would always point there when you're in Tamriel, for quests located in your beautiful worldspace.

- when your scripted scenes require multiple actors to come together at a particular spot, why not teleport them there? It's like this with in mods and also in the vanilla game, and makes for greater fluidity. Usually, this is done by having a trigger zone - when you reach the destination, all the necessary actors are teleported to somewhere very close to that spot, but outside your visual reach, so no immersion breaking.

- I appreciate how carefully you planned your story so that each player can avoid any type of content if they so choose, by making the appropriate dialogue choices. In that spirit, I'd love to see an optional, extended prison sequence in the beginning, maybe with some cruelty by the mercenaries - if that's the sort of thing you would have in your mod. ZAZ has some nice animations and poses for this sort of thing. Maybe instead of an easy escape with Kat, the PC and her could get caught escaping the first time, and endure a session of torture. The story could go on with them being moved out of the prison in binds, but escape during a forsworn retaliation attack. The player's belongings could be inside a sack in the outpost near Old Hroldan.

Do you mean that your story will be more focused on the Sicambre way? I chose that myself as I think it's the one that better defines the "old ways" spirit, being closer to nature and a very different way than anything vanilla.

Just some thoughts and, again, thanks for a great mod.