[Sims3][WIP] KinkyWorld v0.37 [Updated: May 3rd 2019]

5 hours ago, Non-sequitur said:

You know you can create a custom folder specifically for KW which will have a higher priority.

Yep. I'm a programmer*, so yeah, I knew that. Just never actually saw anyone ever reference using anything but the "gold standard" (so to speak) which only has "Packages" then "Overrides". 

What you listed out would make things easier to manage. You've no doubt seen my repeated suggestions to use folder, instead of just dumping everythingggggg into "Packages".

* although I've never actually confirmed that... so thanks for the confirmation.

Edit: It appears I haven't looked inside what I have had for 18+ months in, well, 18+ months.  You, of course, are right about the Test and Probation directories. I kinda forgot those were there.  (Oh, and most of what I do comment on, on here, is for the vast majority who aren't as techie, so simplified down to what more have/do.
Also, for future reference (that someone may one day find useful) ... attached is what I've been using.  I no longer remember where I got it, but it worked and dates to June 11, 2011.  I had one from a user 'gina_loren' from a year earlier (July 10, 2010) didn't work & had much fewer folders, and different priorities.

Resource.cfg

31 minutes ago, jdw6 said:
5 hours ago, Non-sequitur said:

You know you can create a custom folder specifically for KW which will have a higher priority.

Yep. I'm a programmer*, so yeah, I knew that. Just never actually saw anyone ever reference using anything but the "gold standard" (so to speak) which only has "Packages" then "Overrides". 

As "the little dress maker" a lot of the tech stuff is "well above my pay rate", as my husband says! I've seen Nonsequitur's posts about all those priority # this, and priority # that folders a few times. 

I don't know if it's really a good set up, but seems to work for me, is that I place most core and script mods in the overrides folder. I don't have folders outside of cache, overrides, downloads and packages, but sub-folders inside those. Kinky World IS in it's own folder with all the animations and Kinky related items, but that folder is inside the overrides folder. 

What Nonsequitur is calling "test", I also have, but it's a sub-folder, inside the regular packages folder, so I can keep track of what I'm working on... sort of. And his "probation" I imagine to be new CC you're not sure of yet?  Again, I just toss those into my "test in game" folder.

13 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

I place most core and script mods in the overrides folder

Really, the only thing in the Overrides should be those packages placed there because the creator of the mod recommends it. 

Because they must override everything that came before it (for what in part or in whole it modifies).

Just saying - that if you have a prioritizing problem between KW and other mods where something in KW needs to take president - make a seperate Mods folder for those items. Give it its own priority - and limit packages in the overrides folder.  You can set any number of dedicated priority folders. One for scripts, one for core... etc. depending on your need. We are all trying to make everything work together as smoothly and as efficiently as posible. 

What Mods folders are looked at and in what order is dictated by the Resource.cfg. 

The "Framework" I posted is a stripped down version with only Overrides and Packages. As demonstrated, you can add folders with their own priorities into the Mods folder -  if needed.

Any subfolders you have - like within the Mods/Packages folder - are treated as though they have the same priority as the parent folder.

So, your "test" subfolder in your Mods/Packages folder is just a way to keep a few things seperate and easy to find with priority the same as everything else in its parent folder.  If it is a seperate folder under Mods and specified within the Resource.cfg - then it could have a seperate priority over or under other mods in the hierarchy. IMHO.

41 minutes ago, Non-sequitur said:

Because they must override everything that came before it

Which is why I put them in the overrides folder. I want to be sure that they override any other mod.

42 minutes ago, Non-sequitur said:

Just saying - that if you have a prioritizing problem between KW and other mods

My KW folder is inside overrides, so it will override anything not in the overrides folder. Generally, as KW seems to have a timer trigger and loads itself after everything else has loaded, I think Oniki planned it that way to be sure KW took control.

I have read that general loading of TS3 is C:program files>Documents>EA>Sims3>Packages and Downloads(sims3paks) and finally Overrides with the last thing the game reads being what takes precedent. So, if you want KW to take precedent, and any other core and script mods to "override" game functions, it make sense to place those packages in the Overrides folder.

51 minutes ago, Non-sequitur said:

So, your "test" subfolder in your Mods/Packages folder is just a way to keep a few things seperate and easy to find

Yes... that's the only reason for the folder, so I can find everything quickly and easily.

23 hours ago, Non-sequitur said:

Add the following to the bottom of your Resource.cfg in Mods folder using Notepad.

Place it according to its priority 1000 at top (overrides), 700 next (KW stuff), ~600 for Packages, etc.

Priority 700 (or whatever is higher than the Packages folder)

PackedFile KinkiWorld/*.package

PackedFile KinkiWorld /*/*.package

PackedFile KinkiWorld /*/*/*.package

PackedFile KinkiWorld /*/*/*/*.package

PackedFile KinkiWorld /*/*/*/*/*.package

Then make a folder in Mods/ folder called “KinkiWorld” and place everything KW in there. Do not place it in your Mods/Packages folder.

Any package placed in the new "KinkiWorld" folder will have priority over packages placed in the Mods/Packages folder.

Or, You can simply copy the Packages section and paste it above the Packages section - be sure to change the Priority level to something higher than what Packages are currently and change the name of all "Packages" in the pasted section to "KinkiWorld" or something unique. Whatever you may name it - that is also the name of the folder it will look for - so...

Anyway, you can set up all kinds of prioritized folders in your Mods.

Directory Tree should be something like this:

• The Sims 3
  • Mods
  • o   Overrides
  • o   KinkiWorld
  • o   Packages
  • o   Test
  • o   Probation

When I tried this, it doesn't let me boot up the game again if I add anything. Unless I undo the changes completely, then put all KW in packages folder again.

I even tried this many times and it just doesn't want to work. I guess I have to keep it in packages folder, I know it's not recommended but my game doesn't allow changes with the files.

I followed guides too but I just don't know why it isn't working, I guess I just have a buggy file section with the game?

22 hours ago, quantin said:

Which animation is that?

I forget off hand which of the 'recommended' animation packages includes it, but you'll want to download some of Dailycards Cars from this website. Otherwise the only cars used will be the cheapo. I'm sure when you look at the car mod files the animation author will be listed....

Spoiler

Screenshot-153.jpg.079e9d663bc06cc1cfd942f2a8101fef.jpg

I even started adding very small 'no visitors allowed' lots with a parking space around the towns so sims could have a little privacy....

1 hour ago, Zathuul said:

When I tried this, it doesn't let me boot up the game again if I add anything

Here is what I use:

Priority 501
DirectoryFiles Files/... autoupdate
Priority 1000
PackedFile Overrides/*.package
PackedFile Overrides/*/*.package
PackedFile Overrides/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Overrides/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Overrides/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority 700
PackedFile KinkiWorld/*.package
PackedFile KinkiWorld/*/*.package
PackedFile KinkiWorld/*/*/*.package
PackedFile KinkiWorld/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile KinkiWorld/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority 500
PackedFile Packages/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority 499
PackedFile Test/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority -50
PackedFile Probation/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority 500
PackedFile DCCache/*.dbc

The above is a copy/paste from my Resource.cfg. 

If you copy/paste what I posted earlier there was a Type-o so it may have caused a glitch.

The Directory Tree looks like this:

1444806292_directorytreeforMods.PNG.03d7145f2a14fd0b912fec6fa779576d.PNG

The most likely reason it didn't work for you is the Syntax of the Resource.cfg file wasn't correct. Every space, slash, etc., has to be there at the correct position. Like your old English teacher scolding you for improper grammar usage - If the "Grammar" isn't correct - it won't work.  That is also why I suggested doing a Copy/Paste of an existing priority section and changing the information in that section to reflect the new Mods folder. That way you copy a working section and only change its priority and folder looked at. Also, Please be sure to work on a copy of your Resource.cfg keeping a copy of the original file someplace safe. Once the edit to Resource.cfg is finished - move it to the Mods folder and replace the original. 

The KinkiWorld folder referanced above in the Mods folder needs to have the same exact wording as the name in the Resource.cfg.

Of course, if you don't have priority conflicts - just place the entire KW folder into the Mods/Packages folder.  Anything in Mods/Packages will have the same priority. 

LadySmoks is doing something similar to creating a prioritized Mods folder. She puts them in overrides which is already prioritized over Mod/Packages. The only drawback is if (and I stress - IF) there is a need to override something in KW - you can't unless you replace that particular package - or, reduce KW's priority by using a separately prioritized folder. So overriding only a piece of an object with lower priority - can't be done with all of it in the Overrides. 

You know these are only suggestions. Whatever works for you is the bottom line.

If you seem to have conflicts - always go through the checks to see if there are sim2, blank, duplicate, corrupted, disabled, or conflicting packages first. 

As for load order - its Core, DCBackup/Merged, Mods folders (according to priority - low to high). Overrides are last so they layer over previous packages.

2 hours ago, landess said:

I forget off hand which of the 'recommended' animation packages includes it, but you'll want to download some of Dailycards Cars from this website. Otherwise the only cars used will be the cheapo. I'm sure when you look at the car mod files the animation author will be listed....

Hide contents

Screenshot-153.jpg.079e9d663bc06cc1cfd942f2a8101fef.jpg

I even started adding very small 'no visitors allowed' lots with a parking space around the towns so sims could have a little privacy....

Thanks man. Appreciate it ?

1 hour ago, thegratechin said:

im sorry i shouldve stated. im locked at level 7. i have to perform 5 online shows but the option doesnt appear

Have you tried multiple computers? Or tried it when they're "horny" or higher? I think I recall not seeing that option at one point, I just can't recall when, so am guessing.

Oh, and which version are you using? (as reported by the notification when you start a game, in the upper right)

Edit:  I took a quick look in the code for v0.3.7 b375. There's a lot of checks for when that option is available. When it isn't:

• KW not enabled (duh, but it's in there)
  • is under age
  • is a holo computer
  • computer isn't usable
  • no naked selfies posted
  • sim is a pro, but not in the KW Modeling career
  • sim is a pro, but occupation level is < 2
  • (if autonomous, these also will make it not available)
    • autonomy is disabled (duh, but the mod checks for it)
    • has any of these buffs:
      • -5175480303478028272L
      • -5175480303478027888L
      • -5175480303478027936L
      • -5175480303478028432L
    • posture is standing
    • posture satisfies commodity 68107555
    • has trait -3087497700807094880L and ExhibitionClampedMotive < 0.400000005960464
    • ExhibitionClampedMotive < 0.300000011920929
    • not simData.OffCooldown("giveonlineshow", null)

Issue I'm having (and it's wayyyyy too late to try to figure out) is what exactly those numbers translate into.

26 minutes ago, jdw6 said:

Have you tried multiple computers? Or tried it when they're "horny" or higher? I think I recall not seeing that option at one point, I just can't recall when, so am guessing.

Oh, and which version are you using? (as reported by the notification when you start a game, in the upper right)

so far ive tried it with 2 computers. next time i get the moodlet ill try it out. and im on 406

4 hours ago, thegratechin said:

how do you go about performing an online show as a female

As far as I know, online shows work only when you are hired as a photo modell....

After completion and be hired as actress, no online show possible anymore.

23 hours ago, Non-sequitur said:

If you copy/paste what I posted earlier there was a Type-o so it may have caused a glitch.

Ah ya, I copied what you posted earlier and didn't check for any spelling errors. I just lazily put it in, sorry. Probably should of checked it before thinking my game is broken. I did backup my Resource.cfg just in case something went wrong.

Hi! Can someone help me? My teen keeps autoaccepting woohoo when someone requests it. I have always accept turned OFF and she has a woohoo level of -1 or 0 and is a virgin. She does not engage in ongoing woohoo and will not join when prompted by me, but she happily accepts when someone requests it of her.. Very annoying. Please help!

I wanted to learn about the "artificial virus" - AIDS ..... The thing is when I had all the add-ons to the base game, my characters who were sick, they got mudlet (nausea, colds \ with the addition of the seasons). And the characters died, very quickly - even though I did not count the days in the game.
  Now I play only four additions: pets, all ages and supernatural .... and my characters become infected and infect others, go BUT! DO NOT DIE.
  Can someone write how many days a character with a virus can live?

11 hours ago, Clydie said:

As far as I know, online shows work only when you are hired as a photo modell....

After completion and be hired as actress, no online show possible anymore.

Dunno about that, my "Weather Woman" can do shows, but she's only at Exhibition level 4.  (that's w/ 406 btw)

Spoiler

Capture.thumb.PNG.3b31e91900645cda4663061e7f60ebc7.PNG

Or... maybe "chat with webcam" isn't what y'all are talking about.  (Oddly, there's no code for an interaction named "ChatWithWebcam", just "GiveOnlineShow".)

BTW, I did find where level 7 is gated at needing 5 "OnlineShow" stats, but it also is needing 5 "NakedWebcam" stats as well (both needed to level up from 7).

I'll keep digging, but ?‍♂️ my head is kinda melting. lol But that was why I started this exercise... it's just that I've found it much more complex than I assumed it was. :/ 

29 minutes ago, turmapop11 said:

There a guide for this anymore? Both that blog and wiki are gone. Looking for some help with setting up a school

See link/info here (for future "internet usage" reference: when you can't find a site alive any more: check web.archive.org for an archived copy, that's how it's been since the 90s, but not everyone's been online that long. ?  cue old man voice "back in the day, there were so few sites there actually was a printed book with site addresses"... yeah, I actually have a copy of it. lol) :) 

27 minutes ago, Non-sequitur said:

Zathuul - you know you can select only a tiny part of someone's post to "Quote" it... lol

Shit, I didn't know I could edit quotes to make them smaller! Sorry! I'll go fix that now.

Edit: there, now there isn't a long ass quote anymore on the other page lol

1 hour ago, Badeball said:

Hi! Can someone help me? My teen keeps autoaccepting woohoo when someone requests it.

Has she taken "Willpowerless"?  Or is "Horny" or "SuperHorny"? (maybe in-game it's "HyperHorny", can't quite recall)  Or did the other sim take "Willpowermax"?  Oh, and this isn't a "rape" or "grope" situation, right?

But if "kinky world" | "debug" | "auto accept" is off, then dunno, other than those.  Any of those will change how situations are processed.

22 minutes ago, Nikolaj Coster - Waldau said:

Can someone write how many days a character with a virus can live?

From the Diseases xml (in the package):

<Description>AIDSDescription</Description>
    <InfectionSpeed>7</InfectionSpeed>
    <DurationIllness>-1</DurationIllness>
    <DurationIncubation>12</DurationIncubation>

Death seems to happen when InfectionSpeed * time * age >= 1.0

Stage of disease is that * incubation... 

So, it will happen faster for older sims than younger ones.

Welcome to KW: it's never going to be as "simple" as you think and then toss in some arbitrary "hidden" values and randomness for the helluvit. lol

aka: not a "has aids" + "x days" = death type of thing. It's not that type of mod. ? SMH

Translation:  The number of days a sim can live is the number of days that sim did live.  Just like real life, some live longer with AIDS than others. Numbers I found appear to show only a 43% fatality rate for all time, per the WHO, IRL, but KW isn't "fully" based on real life, it's more whatever the mod creator wanted it to be like.

Time is relative to how fast you have your game proceeding.  If you have a longer lifespan, it'll take more simdays than if you have shorter.  Likewise, if you've used NRaas Relativity to adjust things, that will change things.

One last thought:  death doesn't even occur when a sim reaches the "max" lifespan.  I've got 2 elders I'm wanting to pass on by old age that I've increased their ages by multiple weeks and they're still running around.  sigh.  Randomness.  It's everywhere in this game, not just in KW (although it's nearly everywhere in this mod). ?