"Pre Modded" skyrim?

theskyrimman

Guest Vendayn

Mod compilations aren't liked among Bethesda modders. Heck, one guy did an AMAZING one for morrowind and everyone got all up in arms about it rofl. Most modders in other games are fine with it (torchlight/mount and blade/total war) but oh well. A shame too, because otherwise the average person has to spend 1000s of hours getting everything to work and a lot of mods can't be found anymore. Like in oblivion, I'd just like to download a nice compilation cause I don't feel bothered spending same amount of time on it as skyrim. And then the average person has to reinstall countless times.

I'm pretty good at modding so I skip most of that frustration. But still, a nice compilation like other games have would sure be nice.

I wouldn't jump onto the pirate bang wagon regarding this.

All the OP technically need is the Data folder of a modded Skyrim.

Not even half true

Unless we are talking ENB's then mods add to the \Data folder and while you would probably need the registry entries for stuff like FNIS to work correctly you can get those by running skyrim via steam once so i don't see why copying the \Data folder from a friends machine for example to your machine wouldn't work after running skyrim once via steam.

Not even half true

Unless we are talking ENB's then mods add to the \Data folder and while you would probably need the registry entries for stuff like FNIS to work correctly you can get those by running skyrim via steam once so i don't see why copying the \Data folder from a friends machine for example to your machine wouldn't work after running skyrim once via steam.

Couldn't load order get borked that way? It's stored, as far as I know, in \Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local\Skyrim. Depending on the mods in use, load order mix-ups could cause crashes or unexpected behavior, neither of which a new modder would want.

The appeal of a mod package is to have some certainty that the included mods should work together. Rather than having to hunt down each individual mod and have to test everything from scratch.

To be honest I have not find load order to be a huge issue in Skyrim, also LOOT exist to help with that to a certain extend. Also a prepacked package should ideally have a load order reference to user.

With the exception of SKSE I can't think of many mod that I use that exist outside of the data folder. ENB is perhaps another case, but that's a whole another moving target altogether with hardware and all.

TBH, modding isnt for you if you are looking for an all in one modded Skyrim.

At least to me modding Skyrim is a project I enjoy working on. My tastes in mods are not the same as your tastes in mods. Finding stability and making things work together, as well as using lots of different mods is fun for me. I will never be "done" modding Skyrim because there will always be new and interesting things to add, try out, and experience.

But if you are looking for someone else's "vision" of Skyrim, Id suggest you start here:

http://wiki.step-project.com/Main_Page

Not even half true

Couldn't load order get borked that way? It's stored, as far as I know, in \Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local\Skyrim. Depending on the mods in use, load order mix-ups could cause crashes or unexpected behavior, neither of which a new modder would want.

Probably never tried it :), add downloading and running LOOT to the list (you'd also need to stick a icon to SKSE as well for them to launch the game)

Another site that looks interesting is skyrimgems.com.

If you ask me modding is a horrible, horrible process. You have first find out if a mod you want exists. Sometimes there are multiple mods of that type so you have to find which one is best for you. Then you have to download and install whatever weird ass dependencies that mod has. Sometimes you have to read a novel-length installation instructions. Or download 5 different utilities to get the mod working. And then you can finally download and test the mod and cross your fingers and hope it doesn't conflict with other mods or cause bugs/ crashes. It's great that we can mod so freely but it is anything but fun.

I thought that what S.T.E.P. was all about a big compilation?. Or am i wrong?.

A bit of both. It's the same broad idea - a collection of prescribed mods intended to work together for a predicted outcome, except you're doing the heavy lifting to get there. So a guide, albeit a very surgically precise one. 

There isn't an option that doesn't involve downloading all the mods, but an alternative to STEP, or the texture overhaul aspect anyway, is SMC, a tool which does some nifty scripted compiling of texture mods to cherry pick specific bits of mods and then blend them together for a more seamless result. Things look much better than with STEP in my opinion, wish my PC could run it well. 

edit: (commented on legality but I don't know wtf I'm talking about, so struck from the record)

The new version of Nexus Mod Manager (that is available in beta form now) will support the ability to export loadouts, so people can share theirs and then you can import it into your NMM. I think you still have to actually download the mods yourself, but you will know exactly which ones to get and the load order will be correct. I've not personally tried it, and probably won't since I will never give up Mod Organizer, but it does sound kinda cool.

You want to mod the game you bought as a whole, because you didn't like certain aspects of it and you want to change it or you want to add new things into it, right? But, what makes you think that you'll like that "one big mod package" you're looking for? Wouldn't it be better to shape the game to your own taste piece by piece?

Wouldn't it be better to shape the game to your own taste piece by piece?

few do that

that's why so many are using skyre, requiem, perkus... and whine about this or that instead of downloading another mod to replace what they don't like

here's some esp

obis is

-obis

-obis dg

immersive creature is

-immersive creature

-immersice creature dlc

weatherpure is

-relightning

-natural skyrim rain

-real rain

-supreme storm

-pure weather

-realistic water two

-watercolor for enb

i removed splash of rain, as that was more than 1000 scripts when it was raining, but you may need some files from it, don't know

clothing & clutter fix is

-weapon & armor fixes_remade

-weapon & armor_dragonpriestmasks

-clothings & clutter fixes

-clothings & clutter fixes dragonborn

but that one isn't the same as loading the original esp

hothtrooper44_armorcompilation is

-immersive armor

-immersive weapon

-spike

-WeaponsArmorFixes_ImmersiveWeapons_Patch

-Pre PaMa WAFR IW Patch

college of winterhold is

-immersive college of winterhod

-cwidawndragonpatch

-omagereplacerpack

-cwinpcopulentoutfits

ai overhaul is

-ai overhaul

-btrh

-seranaholic

-npc protected

-feminine female

that's without the custom textures path as i don't like loading the same texture x time (head texture path that's the nif)

that's a good start with few esp

merged esp.7z

AI Overhaul.esp

CollegeOfWinterholdImmersive.7z

You just might be in luck. The version of the Nexus Mod Manager which is currently in the Alpha testing phase,when complete,looks as if it will have a function which allows users to publish their load order and possibly their profiles(something else added in the new version).

At the very least,you'll have a guide to modding your game like that of other users. If the final version does allow direct downloading of profiles,after downloading the requisite mods,you can skip a step towards having it automatically install everything that you want in the order that you need it in to work properly.

You can try out the Alpha on the Nexus right now.

Sounds like NMM is trying to become MO. In a couple years it might catch up! :lol:

In all seriousness, though, give up on the 50-100 gigabyte pre-modded Skyrim folder. It's not going to be exactly what you want and the download time from an Asian site would be re-friggin'-diculous. Instead, start using Mod Organizer and do it yourself so you get what you want. And it allows so much more wiggle room for installing and testing mods (the profile system allows you to start profiles just to test with).

When you manually install mods or using Nexus Mod Manager there are overwrites made in your /data/ folder. So something from one mod overwrites something from another, and sometimes this happens multiple times. If you remove one of those mods later, and don't remove all those in the exact opposite order you installed them in, you're left with either a hole (missing data) or with a version of something that shouldn't be there. Since MO keeps mods outside of the /data/ folder and only does virtual overwrites (over-READS is a more accurate term) then you never get those issues when uninstalling something. In the end it generally makes for a more stable game.

Mod Organizer also makes it easy to share mod lists and load orders. It keeps simple .txt files you can upload and share.

Archived