CBBE or UNP?

duster14

Here we go again. Judging from your profile picture, you should use either SevenBase or CBBE BodySlide.

I won't list any pros or cons 'cause it's useless and subjective. Take a look at the other big thread(s) for that with the same topic.

This.  I used CBBE long ago and generally liked it, mainly because it was popular enough to have a lot of armor mods.  But that's changed of late and UNP has as many or more mods as CBBE.

The basic difference, in my subjective opinion, is that you can create a buxom/voluptuous body more easily with CBBE.  But even that has changed with the latest Racemenu.

I have since moved to 7Base and still use my old UNP armors but I like the overall shape better now than I did.

If you decide to run pregnancy mods and want belly node scaling, I've gotten the best-looking results using CBBE/CBBEslim. I've got a problem with UNP and UNPB - the belly starts folding when it grows; it doesn't look preggers, it looks morbidly fat instead.

Outside of pregnancy, UNP has a lot better support in terms of armor, clothes, and textures.

If someone built the UNP body from ground-up again so that it would look the same, but carry all the newest functionality underneath, I'd go back to it in a heartbeat. I love my UNP, but... BeeingFemale is slightly more important. But still... UNP HDT (+belly node painting) Bodyslide... (gettin horny).

It's very subjective, but I preferred CBBE early on due to the large supply of armors. Currently I use it in part due to the armors I have that have since been removed, partly because one or two of those armors I modified and want to keep, and partly due to bodyslide. Otherwise I would give UNP a shot

I just finished a game using UNP and now I am gearing up for a new game using CBBE. They both have some good and some bad but generally they are evenly supported with armor and clothing mods. It would seem that UNP has more mesh support but since CBBE has bodyslide that is really not the case. It comes down to personal preference. I am switching for now because of the Body by Race mod

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/20145/?

It allows differnt meshes for each race. Thus, I can have skinny elves, buxom Nords, and big hipped Bretons. It shoulod be an interesting look.

Both are good but CBBE really stands out. From what I've seen so far, CBBE is more popular (therefore compatible with almost every mods), perfect and you can customize your body your way with the Bodyslider and Outfit studio.

The few moments that I used UNP, it's just too buggy =(

The original UNP has no TBBP/HDT animation only BBP. All UNP TBBP/HDT bodies r modified & doesn't look exactly as UNP so armor/clothes r clipping, obvious mesh change  while dressing/undressing. On the other hand if u don't use physics animation & skimpy armors UNP is better cause it's closer to vanilla body so u can use all vanilla armors & clothes without irritating body changes, btw CBBE armors which r not revealing works fine with UNP too. UNP armor mods r more lore friendly, to my taste, then tonnes of CBBE armors. UNP more variative with NPCs so they r not all 100 weight.

CBBE has all the possible variants BBP/TBBP/HDT animations. Tonnes of  BBP/TBBP/HDT armors, body slider etc. More different textures. It's more feminine looking not so sporty.

I used lots of bodies started with CBBE then ADEC, UNP for long long time, UNPB, 7base & finaly i'm with CBBE again thinking about UNP )))

Currently I'm using CBBE. Predominantly for bodyslide. Still trying to figure out how to make my own preset that has the thighs and butt of Mak's cbbev3m and the breasts of UNPB. Ican never get the breasts right.. If UNP bodyslide had more armor resources I would probably switch to that for the higher quality.

Currently I'm using CBBE. Predominantly for bodyslide. Still trying to figure out how to make my own preset that has the thighs and butt of Mak's cbbev3m and the breasts of UNPB. Ican never get the breasts right.. If UNP bodyslide had more armor resources I would probably switch to that for the higher quality.

I have a hard time getting the boobs i want as well. You just have to play with making some sliders negative and play with things like pushup and cleavage and such. Once you figure out liitle tricks, you get more control over the overall body. You can also modifiy your body with outfit studio, but then you'd have to make that same change with each and every outfit/armor.

You could try out other pre-packaged bodies like the 7BCH which mixes Sevenbase with CHSBHC or UNPBO or 7BO rather than settling for UNP base or CBBE then sculpting them in BodySlide/BodySlide 2 to your unique specifications.

You should still look for armors which are exclusive to specific bodytypes, decide which ones you want most then use either version of BodySlide to get either body just right for you.

If you can't decide or you want it all,just use Bodytypes of Skyrim.

Archived