I noticed today, when I was trying to figure out why my wolves were scaled so large, that it seems to be an interaction with the scaling feature in Untamed. 

With the new Rescaled Meshes for MNC, the wolves are apparently scaled down to 1.0, then given an enchantment that scales them up 1.2x. 

The Default Scaling option (1.0x) in Untamed seems to set the wolves scaling to 1.2 again, as the default scale for the wolf models in game is 1.2, which multiplies with the enchantment to make them 1.44x, which is a bit crazy. I tried to scale them down a bit with the untamed scaling modifier, but it gets overridden again on the next eventupdate or something, returning to 1.44x, which made me initially wonder if it really was Untamed, but it's only the tamed wolves that get so big, and it's immediately noticable when taming one, as it instantly jumps in size 20%. 

Would it be possible to have us bypass the scaling option completely, or maybe another checkbox that would scale them to 1.0 instead of 1.2 when using default settings, for use with the MNC rescaled meshes? (If that is the solution that is).

Great mod, thank you for building this. It works great for me in general. However, even though the status says I am pregnant, I don't see any option for birth. I think there is supposed to be a shout, but I don't have the option. The option in the settings to hide birth is off. I'm sorry if I missed a previous question or documentation where you already addressed this. Thanks again for the great work!

So I just managed to get the creature following to work under SSE by using Immersive Amazing Follower Tweaks and the Leadership option which allows you to recruit non-standard followers.  It uses an AFT follower slot for the pack member, but so far seems to work rather well in the limited scope I've tested.  When you first talk to them, you get the wheel menu, which I haven't tested completely, but if you hit ESC to close the wheel, you'll get the option to recruit them in standard dialog method.  After that recruitment, they followed like expected.  Each interaction after that still brings up the wheel first, then ESC to exit that for the regular dialogs.  I'll report back if I encounter any bugs.

How do I exclude a custom beast follower from becoming a pack member?  I'm using the Tirk Riekling follower mod and he gets sucked into the pack during mating shouts.  It doesn't seem to break him that I can tell, but the double wheel/dialog thing happens with him as well.  Maybe not something I need to fix for my gameplay, but it would be good info to have.

Thanks.

On 11/2/2018 at 5:58 PM, buntutu said:

Thank you for this very interesting mod.  I love it, with miniNeeds, hidden hideouts etc.

Any plan for tame2 SSE? The only problem with SSE for me is that the pack won't follow.  Maybe this is good for my sneak ranger, so they won't break my sneak state. But I suppose this is a very different play experience.

Looking forward tame2 :)

20181030202021_1.jpg

20181030200541_1.jpg

20181028000931_1.jpg

Oh so that what my problem is....I am sure it said SSE on the page...ah well least I know whats what now lol

On 11/19/2018 at 12:13 PM, Lucion66 said:

Oh so that what my problem is....I am sure it said SSE on the page...ah well least I know whats what now lol

I'm far from understanding why creature following doesn't work in SSE + Untamed, but based on behavior I've seen while trying to use it seems to indicate some sort of prioritization of AI packages on the creature...its original package seeming to win out 99% of the time.  I have had situations on game/save load where my long forgotten/abandoned pack member(s) just show up and following is working correctly for them (only, not on new recruits).

4 hours ago, 4nk8r said:

I'm far from understanding why creature following doesn't work in SSE + Untamed, but based on behavior I've seen while trying to use it seems to indicate some sort of prioritization of AI packages on the creature...its original package seeming to win out 99% of the time.  I have had situations on game/save load where my long forgotten/abandoned pack member(s) just show up and following is working correctly for them (only, not on new recruits).

its because ActorUtil isn't working correctly on SSE. it does not behave the same as it does in Oldrim. i don't think the changes were intentional, it's just not correct.

On 11/24/2018 at 4:20 AM, 4nk8r said:

well its a shame :( I was getting into the idea ....I have no idea how to mod so I kinda hold modders in high regard. but can this be put right ?

On 11/16/2018 at 10:16 AM, ged101213 said:

Great mod, thank you for building this. It works great for me in general. However, even though the status says I am pregnant, I don't see any option for birth. I think there is supposed to be a shout, but I don't have the option. The option in the settings to hide birth is off. I'm sorry if I missed a previous question or documentation where you already addressed this. Thanks again for the great work!

Look under spells... should be one for Give Birth.

12 hours ago, Lucion66 said:

well its a shame :( I was getting into the idea ....I have no idea how to mod so I kinda hold modders in high regard. but can this be put right ?

darkconsole is working on a v2 of Untamed, so we'll have to wait and see.  For me, using Immersive Follower Tweaks as a work-around is just fine.  I'm not sure how well EFF or other follower overhauls might handle this, but it's something to investigate if you don't like IFT.

On 11/26/2018 at 5:14 AM, 4nk8r said:

darkconsole is working on a v2 of Untamed, so we'll have to wait and see.  For me, using Immersive Follower Tweaks as a work-around is just fine.  I'm not sure how well EFF or other follower overhauls might handle this, but it's something to investigate if you don't like IFT.

Ah I See

I might as well wait I am still very new to modding games.

LOL I would hate to break the game coz I didnt do a work around right

But thank for the update :)

3 hours ago, ged101213 said:

Thanks for replying! Unfortunately, I looked under spells, no "Give Birth"

Also, shapeshifting causes the game to crash. But everything else seems to work. 

Well, I can't diagnose the problem, but can give options.

The "spell" is listed under Powers as  Untamed | Give Birth  it is granted after pregnancy occurs (usually after first encounter, if you didn't change any of the settings). 

Options I'd suggest: Go to MCM and try to repair (there are two options, one resets the settings the other resets the mods, levels and all) or uninstall and reinstall.

As for the CTD on shapeshift, perhaps a possible conflict...  a modded Skyrim is a twitch Skyrim and the most obscure thing could cause a CTD.  I'd be more inclined to say a conflict possibly in the creature you are shapeshifting into.

I'm not the mod author or a modder, so the inner workings are not something I'm sure of, but do have a lot of experience banging my head on my desk trying to get mods to play nice with each other.

4 hours ago, belrix55 said:

Well, I can't diagnose the problem, but can give options.

The "spell" is listed under Powers as  Untamed | Give Birth  it is granted after pregnancy occurs (usually after first encounter, if you didn't change any of the settings). 

Options I'd suggest: Go to MCM and try to repair (there are two options, one resets the settings the other resets the mods, levels and all) or uninstall and reinstall.

As for the CTD on shapeshift, perhaps a possible conflict...  a modded Skyrim is a twitch Skyrim and the most obscure thing could cause a CTD.  I'd be more inclined to say a conflict possibly in the creature you are shapeshifting into.

I'm not the mod author or a modder, so the inner workings are not something I'm sure of, but do have a lot of experience banging my head on my desk trying to get mods to play nice with each other.

Thanks for your suggestions. I'm sure you are right about the shapeshift crash; I have a lot of mods running and I figured there was a conflict somewhere. I'll mess around with settings and mods and see if there's any change. And I'll try your "banging my head on the desk" technique as well :)

To get the "Give Birth" spell to appear I have tried repairing, resetting, and uninstall/reinstall, but its worth trying again. I might also see if there are other mods that can do a creature pregnancy.

To confirm, checking the "Pregnancy and Birthing" option is what HIDES the spell, correct? I was a little confused by the wording of the description. However I have tried with both the setting checked and unchecked (with sexing and reloading in between) to no effect.

Even if I can't get these options working I'll still continue using the mod. Thank you darkconsole for authoring "Untamed", it remains one of my favorite mods. And thank you belrix55 for your help. 

37 minutes ago, ged101213 said:

To confirm, checking the "Pregnancy and Birthing" option is what HIDES the spell, correct? I was a little confused by the wording of the description. However I have tried with both the setting checked and unchecked (with sexing and reloading in between) to no effect.

"Pregnancy and Birthing" is the toggle for just that, it is on by default.  After first "encounter" it should show a granting of the Give Birth power.

• 3 weeks later...

Hoping someone can help me out here. I have the option "charm all who heard mating call" disabled. This should mean only the creature that my character mates with, should join my pack. However that is not the case. After using Mating Call, literally every nearby animal will join my pack. Only one will be mated with. What is going on? This wasn't happening in my last playthrough. It's as if the MCM option isn't working. Any ideas?

On 11/2/2018 at 1:58 AM, buntutu said:

Thank you for this very interesting mod.  I love it, with miniNeeds, hidden hideouts etc.

Any plan for tame2 SSE? The only problem with SSE for me is that the pack won't follow.  Maybe this is good for my sneak ranger, so they won't break my sneak state. But I suppose this is a very different play experience.

Looking forward tame2 :)

20181030202021_1.jpg

20181030200541_1.jpg

20181028000931_1.jpg

Off topic, but could I ask what race mod you are using?

9 hours ago, belrix55 said:

It will run in SE however the critters stop following after mating once, they return to their spawn area.  They can be called and told to stay, but they will not follow.

Is there any other mod I can use addition this one to make it work? I mean can I use another mod along with this mod so that the animals follow me around?