Best looking NPC overhaul

So, I've been thinking of switching from JH to KZ, but I hear that playing Khajiit or argonian is a no go.

I still like playing as a regular khajiit, so is it possible to simply download the KZ core and all the other race files and install those besides Khajiit and it should work?

edit: might just try サマエル merge. Hoping that works.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, downloaded the NPCMerge mega-pack and everything was fine and had no problem until I reached Riverwood and saw that Camilla is missing her head. Is there a proper mod order? I'm using Mod Organizer 2. The only files that the NPCMerge is overwritting are eye/hair/brow/hair mods.

oL8aWwZ.jpg

This is how I have the mods with the Texture Patch overwriting everything:x7CLmYt.png

edit: Do I need to download each of the original files too(?) because I used the bijin AIO and she now has a face, though I'm not sure if I'm supposed to do that.

Spoiler
13 hours ago, caffeinateddrugs said:

Hello, downloaded the NPCMerge mega-pack and everything was fine and had no problem until I reached Riverwood and saw that Camilla is missing her head. Is there a proper mod order? I'm using Mod Organizer 2. The only files that the NPCMerge is overwritting are eye/hair/brow/hair mods.

oL8aWwZ.jpg

This is how I have the mods with the Texture Patch overwriting everything:x7CLmYt.png

edit: Do I need to download each of the original files too(?) because I used the bijin AIO and she now has a face, though I'm not sure if I'm supposed to do that.

I'm pretty sure something is overwriting the mod because the merge is standalone and camila should have a proper head, you dont need bijin because she is using the JH_people replacer model, try dragging the mod in the left pane (MO?) and the esp to the botton of the load order. I'm pretty sure you must have these files (facegendata) in the instalation folder:

npcmerge.7z

8 hours ago, サマエル said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I'm pretty sure something is overwriting the mod because the merge is standalone and camila should have a proper head, you dont need bijin because she is using the JH_people replacer model, try dragging the mod in the left pane (MO?) and the esp to the botton of the load order. I'm pretty sure you must have these files (facegendata) in the instalation folder:

npcmerge.7z 599.5 kB · 4 downloads

Thanks, is KS Hairdos-Renewal and Ks Hairdos the same thing or different?

edit: Yeah I just disabled every mods I have except for the Required files and merged ones and I think it's because I don't have KS Hairdos. Anyone have a copy of it since it's not available anymore?

On 10/17/2019 at 4:57 AM, サマエル said:

Beast races? holy shit seriously I have no Idea, that's not a problem in my PC, I'm lost and I'm really sorry for it, maybe some other mod is messing with the beast races. Best thing you can do is follow tenebras noctem advise, sorry Im not that skilled to found bugs on others PC, Im just a goof guy that loves merging some shit that works for me

Just forget those old files, In fact I deleted them, the new one dont have a password, oh yeah and I forgot to mention I did a new one, a functional one 100% errors free (yeah... right...), at least in my PC, Legendary version of course. Once again SOGS, JH, KZ, Bijin and some stuff I found really interesting, just because some one asked me for it, BUT if the original authors insist on it, the file will be deleted, so hurry up then.

EDIT: please download the texture patch, sometimes i forget to switch DDS plugins in photoshop and some textures get screwed because of that (FO4 and Skyrim LE use different version)

I would please like to know if "NPCLastMerge.7z", uses UNP or CBBE ?

2 hours ago, deznuts2000 said:

I would please like to know if "NPCLastMerge.7z", uses UNP or CBBE ?

Hi, I always use UNP but you can switch UNP to CBBE or CBBE to UNP it really doesn't matter. That's the thing with skyrim (or FO4) you can switch body meshes and textures any time as long as you install the same clothes for your body type, if you wanna replace CBBE body you will need KZ CBBE meshes and texture, here. Finding the right folder paths is pretty easy. Have fun!

10 hours ago, サマエル said:

Hi, I always use UNP but you can switch UNP to CBBE or CBBE to UNP it really doesn't matter. That's the thing with skyrim (or FO4) you can switch body meshes and textures any time as long as you install the same clothes for your body type, if you wanna replace CBBE body you will need KZ CBBE meshes and texture, here. Finding the right folder paths is pretty easy. Have fun!

Thank you for the quick reply, I will try that.

Spoiler
On 10/12/2019 at 10:36 PM, thanh long 32 said:

hi I love your mods merged but I have encounter a serious problem: the faces of the races of khajit and argonian is looking weird

and they are not like in the pictures. can you fix and reupload the NPCLastMerge.7z in LE version English please?

So, I've been thinking of switching from JH to KZ, but I hear that playing Khajiit or argonian is a no go.

I still like playing as a regular khajiit, so is it possible to simply download the KZ core and all the other race files and install those besides Khajiit and it should work?

Hi sorry for the late response but I was trying to figure out what is causing the common problem with KZ beast races and finally I think the answer may be a mod that changes the head meshes: CITRUS Heads (HD Meshes). I tryied it in my load order just to ruin the khajits and argonians races in Racemenu

If you want the KZ style mod in your load order don't install any kind of head meshes that replace the vanilla head.

Edit: You should avoid Female Facial Animation or Expressive Facial Animation too. those mods mess up mouth/teeth in the KZ style and JH peolple mods, so forget about it. You can move the teeth meshes to adjust but I can't remember how xD

Edit2: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/92897

"The position of the teeth differs depending on the shape of the mouth and each slider. 
So finally you need to adjust the position of the teeth using Nifsokope
Load Mouthhuman (f) .nif with Nifskope and left click to select "Mouthhuman (f)" in the block list. 
Left-click to open the context menu and select "Transform> Edit" to open the adjustment window. 
Y is front and back, Z is up and down. It is recommended to adjust the value in 0.1 units.
Adjust the Y and Z values and press Accept. Open the context menu again and select "Transform> Apply". 
Save the file and check in the game. Only the player is reflected."

So I gues that's a big NO for those facial animations mods

• 2 weeks later...

サマエル, thank you for taking the time to help people with all this, for so long! 

Can you help me with just one NPC?

I am using a merged version called "[JH skyrim people 10 in one]-all sexy women npc" and all my npcs look fine except for Hert. There are no conflicts, no other mods touching her in tes5edit, her loose files are correct, and I do not use any mod organizers, so she should be fine! All my other vampires are fine, too, so I am very confused. Here is how she looks fof me (default bloated face bug), her facegen file, and how Sidearm's Hert should look:

Spoiler

1416647310_HertSidearmf93.jpg.4ea18d6faeb520f3edb06cc982537525.jpghertwtf.png.ccabd798e7eac142a0bffe8300127bc1.pngScreenShot3347.png.701bbf7839cf64bc84ad0ea3ec9ca48d.png

It is not a texture problem, it is grey face & wrong head... but I have no other mods affecting her!
I was using KZVam, which edits the nordvampire race, but I removed it and started a new game, but she still looks the same.
I also checked "SRX_ImperialFemaleFace", but it does not edit her or any races/headparts.

Here is my load order (very small, reinstalling still) with everything enabled:

Spoiler

Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp
FNIS.esp
SkyUI.esp
UIExtensions.esp
RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
XPMSE.esp
RaceCompatibility.esm
RaceCompatibilityUSKPOverride.esp
Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
SOS - VectorPlexus Regular Addon.esp
SOS Equipable Schlong.esp
RaceMenuOverlays.esp
SGHairPackBase.esm
[JH skyrim people 10 in one]-all sexy women npc.esp
KZstyle-ELF.esp
KZstyle-VAM.esp
SRX_ImperialFemaleFace.esp
KZstyle-CHR.esp
Donyaakin.esp
Overknee_Viola.esp
Cecilia Orphan.esp
YY_lovisa_Sv1.esp
Karcia.esp
Aesa.esp
ronzorace.esm
need more Ronzos - Alpha.esp
SkyDraenei.esp
_IsekaiRim_BASE.esp
_IsekaiRim_Landscaping.esp
_IsekaiRim_MagicAndStuff.esp
_IsekaiRim_NPCs.esp            <--- New follower mod, edits nothing
DeathStrandingCosplay.esp
Guildhome2.esp
SolitudeTempleFrescoes.esp
AretinoHome.esp
P1FlyingRing.esp
Vortikais Dragon Aspect.esp
AwpBikes.esp
mihailwillothewisp.esp
mihailmimic.esp
Destructible Skyrim.esp
AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp
Random Alternate Start.esp
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp
Brawl Bugs CE.esp

Spoiler

1 hour ago, TentakelnBitte said:

サマエル, thank you for taking the time to help people with all this, for so long! 

Can you help me with just one NPC?

I am using a merged version called "[JH skyrim people 10 in one]-all sexy women npc" and all my npcs look fine except for Hert. There are no conflicts, no other mods touching her in tes5edit, her loose files are correct, and I do not use any mod organizers, so she should be fine! All my other vampires are fine, too, so I am very confused. Here is how she looks fof me (default bloated face bug), her facegen file, and how Sidearm's Hert should look:

Hide contents

1416647310_HertSidearmf93.jpg.4ea18d6faeb520f3edb06cc982537525.jpghertwtf.png.ccabd798e7eac142a0bffe8300127bc1.pngScreenShot3347.png.701bbf7839cf64bc84ad0ea3ec9ca48d.png

It is not a texture problem, it is grey face & wrong head... but I have no other mods affecting her!
I was using KZVam, which edits the nordvampire race, but I removed it and started a new game, but she still looks the same.
I also checked "SRX_ImperialFemaleFace", but it does not edit her or any races/headparts.

Here is my load order (very small, reinstalling still) with everything enabled:

Reveal hidden contents

Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp
FNIS.esp
SkyUI.esp
UIExtensions.esp
RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
XPMSE.esp
RaceCompatibility.esm
RaceCompatibilityUSKPOverride.esp
Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
SOS - VectorPlexus Regular Addon.esp
SOS Equipable Schlong.esp
RaceMenuOverlays.esp
SGHairPackBase.esm
[JH skyrim people 10 in one]-all sexy women npc.esp
KZstyle-ELF.esp
KZstyle-VAM.esp
SRX_ImperialFemaleFace.esp
KZstyle-CHR.esp
Donyaakin.esp
Overknee_Viola.esp
Cecilia Orphan.esp
YY_lovisa_Sv1.esp
Karcia.esp
Aesa.esp
ronzorace.esm
need more Ronzos - Alpha.esp
SkyDraenei.esp
_IsekaiRim_BASE.esp
_IsekaiRim_Landscaping.esp
_IsekaiRim_MagicAndStuff.esp
_IsekaiRim_NPCs.esp            <--- New follower mod, edits nothing
DeathStrandingCosplay.esp
Guildhome2.esp
SolitudeTempleFrescoes.esp
AretinoHome.esp
P1FlyingRing.esp
Vortikais Dragon Aspect.esp
AwpBikes.esp
mihailwillothewisp.esp
mihailmimic.esp
Destructible Skyrim.esp
AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp
Random Alternate Start.esp
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp
Brawl Bugs CE.esp

JH dawnguard has an old fix that JH_people from the rusian site never bothers to add it and that's why I prefer doing my own personal merges, it doesn't takes me much time now with some practice

Just drag and drop in the JH folder and Hert must be a bimbo again, asuming you are using a mod manager, here:

JH_Dawnguard_FacegenDataFix.rar

On 11/24/2019 at 9:50 PM, サマエル said:
  Reveal hidden contents

JH dawnguard has an old fix that JH_people from the rusian site never bothers to add it and that's why I prefer doing my own personal merges, it doesn't takes me much time now with some practice

Just drag and drop in the JH folder and Hert must be a bimbo again, asuming you are using a mod manager, here:

JH_Dawnguard_FacegenDataFix.rar 20.53 MB · 12 downloads

This did not help, unfortunately. I already have that fix, from a Japanese site.

I must have a conflict somehow. Ah well, thank you for trying. orz

On 11/27/2019 at 3:51 PM, D.I.Z said:

This thread is a no way end.

Can someone tell me actually how file i need to overhaul npc and add some screen for seeing the result?

Go to page one of this thread and click some links. There are many overhauls to choose from, depending on what you like. Most of the places you download them from also have screenshots.

Spoiler
On 12/1/2019 at 2:31 AM, TentakelnBitte said:

This did not help, unfortunately. I already have that fix, from a Japanese site.

I must have a conflict somehow. Ah well, thank you for trying. orz

Please use Xedit and check nothing is overwriting Hert, keep in mind there's a lot of mods that has nothing to do with changing NPC appearance like weapons mod, armor mods, quest mods, etc. BUT they could turn NPC appearance records to their defaults resulting in those ugly dark heads glitches, tha's why you should check Xedit always. If this is the case you only have to drag and drop the NPC Overhaul records into the conflicting mod and that will fix it

If you use with Mod Organizer check possible conflics too, the 0001367C.dds and  0001367C.nif files should not be overwrited by other mod, maybe you are using another Vampire Overhaul of any kind and this other mod is overwriting the FaceGen files. Try dragging the MERGE file at the very botton of your load order in BOTH sides (.esp on the right and the files in left side) and open the game, if the problem is gone then you have a mod overwriting Hert. 

12 hours ago, TentakelnBitte said:

Go to page one of this thread and click some links. There are many overhauls to choose from, depending on what you like. Most of the places you download them from also have screenshots.

Lord sake, thanks

3 hours ago, D.I.Z said:

Lord sake, thanks

Literally there's a ton of mods that change the NPC appearance, and I mean a lot of them. It depends of what you are looking for, maybe you like the anime type aesthetics, or maybe you like a vanilla type. One of the unconvenience is most of them, I mean, all of them,  have the same face preset for every NPC in game and that's why I love to merge a lot of them for vareity purposes. Here some Ideas with images if you wanna try:

https://blog.naver.com/sidearmf93

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/89635?tab=images

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/92527

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/76658/?

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/users/2650523?tab=user+files

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/users/1221695?tab=user+files

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/users/33659715?tab=user+files

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/users/6646117/?tb=mods&tab=user+files

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/81233

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/87240

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/70547

https://mod.3dmgame.com/mod/46837

I did a merge with some of these mods if you wanna try but it's my personal mix, I encourage you to try doing your own because beauty is in the eye of the beholder

• 1 month later...

サマエル

Thanks for all the work you have done on this thread. ?

I am going to try porting this to SSE?

****Can see bad thing happen - maybe?

Soo - just start with ......

"Just forget those old files, In fact I deleted them, the new one dont have a password, oh yeah and I forgot to mention I did A NEW ONE, a functional one 100% errors free (yeah... right...), at least in my PC, Legendary version of course. Once again SOGS, JH, KZ, Bijin and some stuff I found really interesting, just because some one asked me for it, BUT if the original authors insist on it, the file will be deleted, so hurry up then."

With this load order

x7CLmYt.png.b230f0e4612b42615b1e905e43997a26.png

Do I need to merge this - https://www.loverslab.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=802668 - npcmerge.7z - 599.5 kB ?

And this -  https://www.loverslab.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=811787 - JH_Dawnguard_FacegenDataFix.rar

And test is using only KS hairs -etc, BBLS and a very small mod list.

*With no face animation or head replacement mods! ?

Does anyone know of a Mod that can teleport around Skyrim and the Dlc's - so I can look at the charterers easy?

Or a mod like the one being used here in the video? 

For a new game start .

The video uses AFT and is only good if you already have followers - as far as I know ?

Thanks AerysTMD for the video btw.

Tools being used -

- NifScan - First to check for issues

- SSE NIF Optimizer - Small runs - separating faces and body parts 

- Cathedral Assets Optimizer - Hopefully will not have to be used for textures? (Weird things has happened to me in the past - using it). 

- Bethesda Archive Extractor - To convert to loose files - if needed?

- NifSkope 2.0 - v1.1.3 - To view and ? (Well hopefully not)!

* - also check Grovtamas' XPMSE  skeletons - that will have to be replaced.

- SSE Creation Kit - To change from 43 to 44

- SSEdit

* Check old form version script - SSedit (to make sure CC worked when saved)

* Also used to - "emsifying" a master

- *For .esm's - If needed to convert to .esp's and back again - not sure yet?

**Usually this method - 

(Wrye Bash, - convert .esm to .esp - open the esp file that was converted in SSE Creation kit and save - open Wrye Bash again - copy to .esm, over write your old esm file - then remove the converted esp file.) 

Good place to start - if anyone is curious, about porting mods.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/17990

Any other advice would be appreciated.

Cheers Everyone!!!

Well 3  days of work - not really stable at all.

SSE changes to much for this to be workable - in my attempts.

Issues seems to be in the merges file (somewhere?) even after converting the nifs in very small batches.

Thanks again サマエル - I'll look for the original mods and try again.

On 1/7/2020 at 3:31 PM, Twistty said:

サマエル

Thanks for all the work you have done on this thread. ?

I am going to try porting this to SSE?

****Can see bad thing happen - maybe?

Soo - just start with ......

"Just forget those old files, In fact I deleted them, the new one dont have a password, oh yeah and I forgot to mention I did A NEW ONE, a functional one 100% errors free (yeah... right...), at least in my PC, Legendary version of course. Once again SOGS, JH, KZ, Bijin and some stuff I found really interesting, just because some one asked me for it, BUT if the original authors insist on it, the file will be deleted, so hurry up then."

With this load order

x7CLmYt.png.b230f0e4612b42615b1e905e43997a26.png

Do I need to merge this - https://www.loverslab.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=802668 - npcmerge.7z - 599.5 kB ?

And this -  https://www.loverslab.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=811787 - JH_Dawnguard_FacegenDataFix.rar

And test is using only KS hairs -etc, BBLS and a very small mod list.

*With no face animation or head replacement mods! ?

Does anyone know of a Mod that can teleport around Skyrim and the Dlc's - so I can look at the charterers easy?

Or a mod like the one being used here in the video? 

For a new game start .

The video uses AFT and is only good if you already have followers - as far as I know ?

Thanks AerysTMD for the video btw.

Tools being used -

- NifScan - First to check for issues

- SSE NIF Optimizer - Small runs - separating faces and body parts 

- Cathedral Assets Optimizer - Hopefully will not have to be used for textures? (Weird things has happened to me in the past - using it). 

- Bethesda Archive Extractor - To convert to loose files - if needed?

- NifSkope 2.0 - v1.1.3 - To view and ? (Well hopefully not)!

* - also check Grovtamas' XPMSE  skeletons - that will have to be replaced.

- SSE Creation Kit - To change from 43 to 44

- SSEdit

* Check old form version script - SSedit (to make sure CC worked when saved)

* Also used to - "emsifying" a master

- *For .esm's - If needed to convert to .esp's and back again - not sure yet?

**Usually this method - 

(Wrye Bash, - convert .esm to .esp - open the esp file that was converted in SSE Creation kit and save - open Wrye Bash again - copy to .esm, over write your old esm file - then remove the converted esp file.) 

Good place to start - if anyone is curious, about porting mods.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/17990

Any other advice would be appreciated.

Cheers Everyone!!!

Well 3  days of work - not really stable at all.

SSE changes to much for this to be workable - in my attempts.

Issues seems to be in the merges file (somewhere?) even after converting the nifs in very small batches.

Thanks again サマエル - I'll look for the original mods and try again.

If you want to see everyone in game.

AREYOUTHERE will help you.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/27758

change the dll with https://www.loverslab.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=837499 if you want use 1.5.97

So, I'm looking for a mod to change the male elves into something more "human". There are plenty of mods that makes the female elves more pleasant to look at, but a few for male elves, at least in an overall sense.

I tried the KZ Style one, which seemed to look great until I saw some apachii hairstyles that looked to "glamourish" and out of place in Skyrim. If there was a version with vanilla hair would be great. So, is there any other obscure mod that makes male elves look better?

On 11/14/2019 at 12:05 PM, サマエル said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Hi sorry for the late response but I was trying to figure out what is causing the common problem with KZ beast races and finally I think the answer may be a mod that changes the head meshes: CITRUS Heads (HD Meshes). I tryied it in my load order just to ruin the khajits and argonians races in Racemenu

If you want the KZ style mod in your load order don't install any kind of head meshes that replace the vanilla head.

Edit: You should avoid Female Facial Animation or Expressive Facial Animation too. those mods mess up mouth/teeth in the KZ style and JH peolple mods, so forget about it. You can move the teeth meshes to adjust but I can't remember how xD

Edit2: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/92897

"The position of the teeth differs depending on the shape of the mouth and each slider. 
So finally you need to adjust the position of the teeth using Nifsokope
Load Mouthhuman (f) .nif with Nifskope and left click to select "Mouthhuman (f)" in the block list. 
Left-click to open the context menu and select "Transform> Edit" to open the adjustment window. 
Y is front and back, Z is up and down. It is recommended to adjust the value in 0.1 units.
Adjust the Y and Z values and press Accept. Open the context menu again and select "Transform> Apply". 
Save the file and check in the game. Only the player is reflected."

So I gues that's a big NO for those facial animations mods

I happen to have all those mods for facial animation and Citrus as well .

I've never had a problem with KZ pack I only use the argonian and Khajit with the Unp patch. Other than that it is Bijin AIO ordinary women

I will give the load order so you know how to get them to play nice

1) Kz core

2) Kz argonian +Khajit merged

3) KZ unp

4) Babes of Skyrim

5) ORdinary Women

6) Bijin AIO

On 10/17/2019 at 10:57 AM, サマエル said:

Beast races? holy shit seriously I have no Idea, that's not a problem in my PC, I'm lost and I'm really sorry for it, maybe some other mod is messing with the beast races. Best thing you can do is follow tenebras noctem advise, sorry Im not that skilled to found bugs on others PC, Im just a goof guy that loves merging some shit that works for me

Just forget those old files, In fact I deleted them, the new one dont have a password, oh yeah and I forgot to mention I did A NEW ONE, a functional one 100% errors free (yeah... right...), at least in my PC, Legendary version of course. Once again SOGS, JH, KZ, Bijin and some stuff I found really interesting, just because some one asked me for it, BUT if the original authors insist on it, the file will be deleted, so hurry up then.

EDIT: please download the texture patch, sometimes i forget to switch DDS plugins in photoshop and some textures get screwed because of that (FO4 and Skyrim LE use different version)

EDIT2: Please install the other files in the same install folder overwriting when ask. You can take SRX mod if you want it since the mod was removed because reasons, this version is tweaked for a better compatibility with the merge I did

EDIT3: Team Project_SNNR has Uploaded a new version of the Project SNNR Mod. Just ignore the old version of my link and download the new one directly from the nexus, much better now without an .esp file

I used your merged patch,then AreYouThere to check JHDawnguard,there are black face vampires(KZ vampires because conflict with JH ones,my guess).

ScreenShot3.bmp