RaceMenu V3.2.5B

Expired6978

I have a couple of quick questions about bodygen.

• First does it work with custom sliders and if so what are the requirements?
  • Second how does one reset a character with a bodygen morph applied?

Sure, but you need to make the custom sliders, same way you would make them in OS. If you can get a working slider in OS you can export it as a TRI, the name of the morph there is what the name of it will be here.

As for resetting you usually can't unless you re-enter RM and load another preset, or reset the sliders associated with it (Unless you uninstalled the mod that provided the sliders in the UI)

So you can't just have bodygen apply a new random set of morphs to an npc after it has done so once?

No. It does it once per instance of that actor.

During mod development I need to restart new games very frequently - therefore I added a quick start feature to my mod that restores the settings of the most common mods (Zaz, Sexlab etc.). And my mod is intent to be played from scratch everytime.

I want to do this with my character to bypass any user configuration and jump right into a quest - but Save/LoadCharacter doesn't restore it completely.

What I do is:

CharGen.SaveCharacter("Maria\\PlayerFace") after initial game start

And after that CharGen.LoadCharacter(Player, Player.GetRace(), "Maria\\PlayerFace") + Player.QueueNiNodeUpdate() for every following game start 

Ah that's because it's not meant to be used on the player. It's meant for NPCs. I can make a different function for that. Or rather I guess I can make it just load the rest of the data if the target was the player.

You can use the new feature to completely replace the HDT High Heels system, without needing any master plugins, scripts or spells.

This makes the game more stable and people without HDT HH won't CTD without it when using a mod that depends on it.

I've already messaged nsk13, asking to implement it for his armors.

But still, you would need authors to do certain things so RaceMenu can adjust height and what not, correct? So old HH mods will still need HHS unless their authors update them so they are compatible with RM, no? I understand you can manually delete the HHS script in CK and remove the masters from plugins, but it would still need to be integrated into racemenu somehow, correct (if not, this would be amazing)? If so, I doubt your average "I can't go to that site it's not the nexus" user would do all this to all his HH mods since most of these are uploaded once without any updates whatsoever since authors abandon them because they're "complete".. I have about 15 mods that have HH system as their master ATM, and would love to get rid of it, so a guide would be much appreciated, I know it's still early to make a guide and I sound like a demanding ***hole, but it would be nice.

You can use the new feature to completely replace the HDT High Heels system, without needing any master plugins, scripts or spells.

This makes the game more stable and people without HDT HH won't CTD without it when using a mod that depends on it.

But still, you would need authors to do certain things so RaceMenu can adjust height and what not, correct? So old HH mods will still need HHS unless their authors update them so they are compatible with RM, no? I understand you can manually delete the HHS script in CK and remove the masters from plugins, but it would still need to be integrated into racemenu somehow, correct (if not, this would be amazing)? If so, I doubt your average "I can't go to that site it's not the nexus" user would do all this to all his HH mods since most of these are uploaded once without any updates whatsoever since authors abandon them because they're "complete".. I have about 15 mods that have HH system as their master ATM, and would love to get rid of it, so a guide would be much appreciated, I know it's still early to make a guide and I sound like a demanding ***hole, but it would be nice.

Actually all information you need is in the OP already. You add a "NiStringExtraData" to the NIF with NifSkope and fill it with the information you need.

That's it. You need RaceMenu or NiOverride installed obviously.

Well true. Of course people would have to adapt and use it. Creating a HDT HH boot involves doing more things than this new method, we just have to let people know about it.

New function "LoadPreset" in CharGen, there is a new native function LoadCharacterPreset, but LoadPreset is the non-native version that adds the wrapping data to be compatible with RaceMenu edits

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxcCUXFKD04_b3gwNFMwY3FKVjA/view?usp=sharing

Doesn't work - tried every combination of file name, extension and path - and no logs written

CharGen.LoadPreset("SKSE\Plugins\CharGen\Presets\000.jslot")
CharGen.LoadPreset("000.jslot")
CharGen.LoadPreset("000")
CharGen.LoadPreset("C:\Steam\Mod Organizer\overwrite\SKSE\Plugins\CharGen\Presets\000.jslot")

None of them does anything - I call this instead of Game.ShowRaceMenu() in the init phase of mq101 (the default startup quest)

There is a bug in chargen.psc

bool Function LoadPreset(string characterName) global
	Actor player = Game.GetPlayer()
	bool ret = LoadCharacterPreset(player, characterName, Game.GetFormFromFile(0x801, "RaceMenu.esp") as ColorForm)
	If ret
		; Signals to RaceMenu that some internals were probably modified
		; and need to be stored into RaceMenu's script representation
		player.SendModEvent("RSM_RequestTintSave")
	Endif
	return ret ; <<<---- this is missing
EndFunction

However - it does'nt change anything

There is a bug in chargen.psc

bool Function LoadPreset(string characterName) global
	Actor player = Game.GetPlayer()
	bool ret = LoadCharacterPreset(player, characterName, Game.GetFormFromFile(0x801, "RaceMenu.esp") as ColorForm)
	If ret
		; Signals to RaceMenu that some internals were probably modified
		; and need to be stored into RaceMenu's script representation
		player.SendModEvent("RSM_RequestTintSave")
	Endif
	return ret ; <<<---- this is missing
EndFunction

However - it does'nt change anything

It loads relative to "Exported" which is where characters go when you call a SaveCharacter.

Beta 4:

Here, I've moved the paths and clarified them in the CharGen.psc

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxcCUXFKD04_clpGSUJEZXk3WVU/view?usp=sharing

There is a new SavePreset function that can save the preset in the same directory

Beta 5:

-Experimental feature: Scaling Mode

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxcCUXFKD04_a21OdVNKWlZBbms/view?usp=sharing

What is the Scaling Mode?

It determines how NiOverride's Transform system deals with multiple scales, by default scales are multiplicative, which can have some rather awful results if you have multiple keys on the same node.

The scaling mode can now be configured to be Averaged, Additive, or Multiplicative. Translations and Rotations are unaffected.

See SKSE/Plugins/NiOverride.ini

The default may be changed from multiplicative determined by feedback.

Note: The BASE scale is still multiplicative.

E.g.

Base skeleton is 1.25

Key: Mod1, Value: 0.25

Key: Mod2, Value: 0.25

Additive, the result is: 1.25 * (1.0 + (0.25 + 0.25))

Average, the result is: 1.25 * (1.0 + 0.25 + 0.25) / (2 + 1)

Multiplicative, the result is: 1.25 * (1 * 0.25 * 0.25)

Beta 6:

BodyGen Randomize All feature

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxcCUXFKD04_eTVQRnFzS3JCQ3M/view?usp=sharing

Now instead of

ModName|FORMID=XXXX

You can now use

All|Female=Sevenbase,Random,Waist,Breasts

All|Male=Template

All NPCs of this gender will be affected by the randomization, load order will override templating on npcs if they are set explicit by a mod.

I installed 3.25, then uninstalled HDT HH mod.... I ctd'd and ran loot and got errors from mods that need the ESM file from HDT HH.... should I uninstall the mod but keep the ESM file??

I installed 3.25, then uninstalled HDT HH mod.... I ctd'd and ran loot and got errors from mods that need the ESM file from HDT HH.... should I uninstall the mod but keep the ESM file??

It doesn't just fix it magically. You have to remove the master and script from the ESP and hook up the new data.

But once that's done the game wont crash if you do or don't have the data, your feet will just be in the floor if your NiOV version is too old or don't have it at all.

It doesn't just fix it magically. You have to remove the master and script from the ESP and hook up the new data.

But once that's done the game wont crash if you do or don't have the data, your feet will just be in the floor if your NiOV version is too old or don't have it at all.

I'm wondering if keeping ONLY the .ESM from HDT High Heels works as a temporary solution, though. In theory it should make the game not crash, but have the NiOV system working (well, maybe 1 or 2 warnings because of scripts).

But yeah obviously it will only work for the heels you add the string data to as shown in my video.

Hi Expired,

I found a possible bug or undefined behaviour.

I have a mod that modifies bone scalings, and there is another mod that is indirectly affecting my bone scalings through the use of NiOverride.SetNodeDestination

I isolated the problem with a test mod.

Only with Racemenu installed (nexus version and also V325B6). I have no mod editing the skeleton other than the test mod.

I start a new game with the live another life mod, wait 5 seconds for this script to do its stuff, then quicksave and quickload. On loading the game the scale I changed previously is missing.

Event OnInit()
	utility.wait(5)

; change NPC Spine2 [Spn2] scale
	Nioverride.AddNodeTransformScale(Game.GetPlayer(), false, false, "NPC Spine2 [Spn2]", "0", 2.0)
	Nioverride.UpdateNodeTransform(Game.GetPlayer(), false, false, "NPC Spine2 [Spn2]")

debug.traceandbox(Nioverride.HasNodeTransformScale(Game.GetPlayer(), false, false, "NPC Spine2 [Spn2]", "0")) ; true

NiOverride.SetNodeDestination(Game.GetPlayer(), false, false, "WeaponSword", "") ; this line deletes the TransformScale somehow?
	Nioverride.UpdateNodeTransform(Game.GetPlayer(), false, false, "WeaponSword")

debug.traceandbox(Nioverride.HasNodeTransformScale(Game.GetPlayer(), false, false, "NPC Spine2 [Spn2]", "0")) ; true
EndEvent
On quicksave + quickload:

Event OnPlayerLoadGame()
	; this is false only when SetNodeDestination(WeaponSword) has been set to ""
	debug.traceandbox(Nioverride.HasNodeTransformScale(Game.GetPlayer(), false, false, "NPC Spine2 [Spn2]", "0")) ; false
EndEvent
Is this a bug? If not, how I could prevent my scales from deleting themselves? Note the call to NiOverride.SetNodeDestination is not really in my mod.

Thanks

Beta 6:

BodyGen Randomize All feature

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxcCUXFKD04_eTVQRnFzS3JCQ3M/view?usp=sharing

Now instead of

ModName|FORMID=XXXX

You can now use

All|Female=Sevenbase,Random,Waist,Breasts

All|Male=Template

All NPCs of this gender will be affected by the randomization, load order will override templating on npcs if they are set explicit by a mod.

For the dimwitted out there, could you explain what file these setting go in, and perhaps give an example of randomized females using the dream girl bodies?

I'm wondering if keeping ONLY the .ESM from HDT High Heels works as a temporary solution, though. In theory it should make the game not crash, but have the NiOV system working (well, maybe 1 or 2 warnings because of scripts).

But yeah obviously it will only work for the heels you add the string data to as shown in my video.

I might sound silly guys, what does NiOV do?

I might sound silly guys, what does NiOV do?

Nothing at all by itself. It's a framework people can use to modify bones, textures, shaders, morphs and similar things of actors.

It's used by RaceMenu, XPMSE, the BodySlide in-game morphs, BodyGen and quite a few more mods.

I am having a issue this happens with both the current beta and the stable release of rm overlays disappear when im not wearing a body slot item ie chest armor. I have 0 clue on what logs may be needed to solve this or w/e else info may be needed. I should atleast note i didn't see this issue tii i swapped from nmm to mo and I have moved rm around in my left hand pane to see if something was messing with it.

Is there a guide some place on the newest version of racemenu? I'm still running uh.. the other thing, I forget the name. In the past whenever I switch over to RM there are always less sliders than errr the other one lol. Not less as in total quantity but more like not the specific sliders I need to recreate the character face I had. Is it even possible atm to create a ECE! face in racemenu?

Is there a guide some place on the newest version of racemenu? I'm still running uh.. the other thing, I forget the name. In the past whenever I switch over to RM there are always less sliders than errr the other one lol. Not less as in total quantity but more like not the specific sliders I need to recreate the character face I had. Is it even possible atm to create a ECE! face in racemenu?

Mostly, yes. You can probably recreate 90% of your ECE character in RaceMenu.

The ECE morph sliders were added to RaceMenu. You just need to find them. The top morph sliders are the non-ECE ones and need to be disabled (set to 0). The ECE sliders are generally near the bottom (sometimes they're near the middle). To distinguish from the default slides, some of the ECE morph slides have a "2" in the name while others may have different wording (e.g. type instead of shape). It's a bit inconsistent.

The key is figuring out the corresponding morph slides (often labeled as "shape" or "type"). The regular sliders may also need some figuring out (the naming isn't exactly the same for all of them). Once you figure that out, then it's just a matter of re-setting all the slider values.

This won't be 100% the same though, as there's still the issue of the head shape. I found there is no setting to match it completely. There are various head morph options, but I don't think any of them are the same as the ECE head. You just need to find the one that's the closest.

Archived