RaceMenu V3.2.5B

Expired6978

Because of SAM and RM 3.1...

Out of curiousity, what's SAM?

Shape Atlas for Men , or something like that.

A new male bodymod made by one of the original creators of SoS, with a focus on the body this time.

Its main point is the fact that, instead of just a 0 and 1 weight mesh, it also has 2 bodytypes, called Samson and Samuel.

Samson is muscular, Samuel is chubby and fat.

This allows for more varied bodies. Downside: Every Armor conversion takes not 2 files, but 4 files (for the Samuel/Samson injection).

Another downside: Males seem to look much more 'Twinkish' to me. A Character that, in SoS or vanilla, looks tough and grizzled looks soft and young in SAM. It also clips horribly with vanilla gear that shows any amount of 'bare skin, and, last time I checked, the creators haven't shown up in the thread for it for multiple months.

The default skins for males are also pretty much in the same 'skimpyness' league as most female 'sexy' armor (or, like I call it, Slutwear).

The Body Creators themselves said that they will not do more conversions. But some other modders have made proper vanilla armor conversions, from what I heard.

Oh, also, SAM really focuses on the body. Dicks are, compared to SoS, pretty much tiny. And you can only scale it via SAM's MCM, which, however, doesn't seem to work, last time I checked.

Id say twinkiness is a texture thing, there are a few texture mods for SAM out now. Dick size varies from tiny to 3rd leg on steroids. SAM dicks have a slider to determine how thick the dick is on the end and has the option to have foreskin. Here's a pic of one of my chars which uses SAM 

HpPYkiq.jpg

Because of SAM and RM 3.1:

A tool to extract the delta files from the tri's would be very helpful to convert them for RM 3.1+.

I tried to write something but failed. Manually extracting is an option but painful.

https://github.com/ousnius/BodySlide-and-Outfit-Studio/blob/dev/TriFile.cpp#L3

(packed = smaller file size, RM supports both packed and unpacked, BodySlide exports only packed)

Or are you talking about head morphs?

Thanks cell, with that I could write a program with my non-existent c++ skills.

It includes some files/code from BodySlide2. Can I share it?

Just finished decoding the Armor attachment process:

vShMRxp.jpg

What does this mean, and what are you looking at?

Well, this is an Armor that's been loaded at runtime without being equipped (You can see the body double-up). Since this is a manually attached mesh theres no consumed slot, just an aesthetic mesh with no armor properties.

I'll probably make some API like:

NiOverride.AttachArmorModel(actor, armor)

NiOverride.DetachArmorModel(actor, armor) ; Must be previously attached

Possibly add optional flags that can be put in the Nif (or even right in the function) to say "hide if something is in this slot" e.g. if you are wearing full body armor and you have manually attached underwear, you could hide the underwear if you are wearing armor.

Because of SAM and RM 3.1:

A tool to extract the delta files from the tri's would be very helpful to convert them for RM 3.1+.

I tried to write something but failed. Manually extracting is an option but painful.

https://github.com/ousnius/BodySlide-and-Outfit-Studio/blob/dev/TriFile.cpp#L3

(packed = smaller file size, RM supports both packed and unpacked, BodySlide exports only packed)

Or are you talking about head morphs?

Thanks cell, with that I could write a program with my non-existent c++ skills.

It includes some files/code from BodySlide2. Can I share it?

Uh sure I suppose. What does it do?

Well, this is an Armor that's been loaded at runtime without being equipped (You can see the body double-up). Since this is a manually attached mesh theres no consumed slot, just an aesthetic mesh with no armor properties.

Now this is exciting.  Will it work with animated meshes?

Thank you.

Not much. Drag and drop a file onto it and it exports the stuff.

Had to modify the TriFIle Read function a bit. Didn't work as it read some bytes wrong. I believe it missed the length of the Morph and TriShape in bytes.

Link to Hall of Torque Post

Pics:

4NJP6qP.png

How it exports:

Mwi6CYO.png

I'm not sure I understand what this is for. what would you use this *.BSD file for? isn't that the file that BodySlide uses for morph sliders?

Thank you.

Not much. Drag and drop a file onto it and it exports the stuff.

Had to modify the TriFIle Read function a bit. Didn't work as it read some bytes wrong. I believe it missed the length of the Morph and TriShape in bytes.

Link to Hall of Torque Post

Pics:

4NJP6qP.png

How it exports:

Mwi6CYO.png

I'm not sure I understand what this is for. what would you use this *.BSD file for? isn't that the file that BodySlide uses for morph sliders?

I did this for converting the old Shape Atlas for Men TRI-Files. With RaceMenu 3.1 the way they are structured is different.

And you create these BodyTRI files from BSD files. See the other forum post I linked how it all works.

Main problem is that they did have some of the original BSDs but not all. Now we can extract the BSDs and convert.

I don't exactly know what a BSD file is, please ask the guys who created them.

I don't exactly know what a BSD file is, please ask the guys who created them.

IIRC it stands for Body Shape Difference... I think. It's just a binary file of index and delta pairs, which is not ideal for filesize nor memory size, thus why I created the new format. I changed the layout because I needed the morphs to be per shape, not shape per morph.

Hey guys,

I have a problem with loading a preset. I created a new preset with 3.1.0 and now I want to load it and there is a message that i can't load the preset. The left window with the informations about the edited sliders is also empty. I tried it with other presets and all of them will be created but with the same bug and the left empty window. The old presets were made with 2.9.6 and they work fine. I could load them without any trouble but if I save a new preset with 3.1.0 and 3.0.0 the slot is corupt. My SKSE version is the current beta.

I only wanted to update my presets and have thought it will give no mistakes but, unfortunately, I have overwrite my old presets with the new ones... Any idea what is wrong?

Hopefully there is a solution, otherwise I have to create all faces new.

Thanks in advance

Hey guys,

I have a problem with loading a preset. I created a new preset with 3.1.0 and now I want to load it and there is a message that i can't load the preset. The left window with the informations about the edited sliders is also empty. I tried it with other presets and all of them will be created but with the same bug and the left empty window. The old presets were made with 2.9.6 and they work fine. I could load them without any trouble but if I save a new preset with 3.1.0 and 3.0.0 the slot is corupt. My SKSE version is the current beta.

I only wanted to update my presets and have thought it will give no mistakes but, unfortunately, I have overwrite my old presets with the new ones... Any idea what is wrong?

Hopefully there is a solution, otherwise I have to create all faces new.

Thanks in advance

If you tried to save a new slot over an old slot, that would be your problem. New slots must be .jslot extension, if you've saved over an old slot it has the wrong extension now, which the loader cant differentiate.

Good to know, next time I won't overwrite the presets for sure.

Thankfully, I was able to restore the presets through your mimic plugin. I had created a follower mod with the presets and through your pluging I could restore all of the vanilla slider. I needed only to adjust the custom sliders.

Thanks again

BodyGen, or body randomization, will be great for more immersion. But won't it require the armors to be made compatible? (I.e. to have the large .tri file as generated by BodySlide UUNP.)

In a similar direction, might RaceMenu at some point provide a way to apply a preset to a selected NPC?

Imagine being able to tailor not just the Dragonborn, but all NPC's to our liking...

BodyGen, or body randomization, will be great for more immersion. But won't it require the armors to be made compatible? (I.e. to have the large .tri file as generated by BodySlide UUNP.)

In a similar direction, might RaceMenu at some point provide a way to apply a preset to a selected NPC?

Imagine being able to tailor not just the Dragonborn, but all NPC's to our liking...

You can already do it. It's just not self managing. Familiar Faces uses these functions.

Familiar Faces doesn't replace existing NPC's, though, it only adds new ones. My hope for RM was what PS Universal PC NPC Body Changer does: simply replace an existing NPC's body. Only you wouldn't be limited to the existing bodies but you could quickly apply one of your RM presets.

I did try the Universal Body Changer with a BodySlide-generated mesh, but that didn't work out. It was too confusing to translate RM's -2..2 scale to BodySlide's sliders which are always 0..100%, but:

a) it's unclear whether 0% corresponds with -2, 0, or 2.

B) see a) plus sometimes the sliders start at 100%.

Familiar Faces doesn't replace existing NPC's, though, it only adds new ones. My hope for RM was what PS Universal PC NPC Body Changer does: simply replace an existing NPC's body. Only you wouldn't be limited to the existing bodies but you could quickly apply one of your RM presets.

I did try the Universal Body Changer with a BodySlide-generated mesh, but that didn't work out. It was too confusing to translate RM's -2..2 scale to BodySlide's sliders which are always 0..100%, but:

B) see a) plus sometimes the sliders start at 100%.

BodySlide shows some sliders inverted (to correct the inverted slider data). The RaceMenu plugin doesn't.

BS 0 = RM 0

BS 100 = RM 1

BS -200 = RM -2

I wanted the min/max values further apart in RM because you can't manually type in values there like you can in BS.

hmm trying to figure out why i cant get the overlays tab to work and why after starting up a few hours again ive lost the extra info i get from racemenu in the console menus now. so weird

update. no luck so far.  so anyone know what would keep the overlay tab from showing and also what would cause the tab info menu in  console when u target a npc to stop working?

Latest Race Menu 3.2 broke SAM (Shape Atlas for Men) once again. What need to be fixed/changed this time to make it to work? Those armors (like one on the included screenshot) are armors/cloths refits for RM3.1 with fixed tri files, and they do work just fine (only small issues) with RM3.1 but RM3.2 have problems like on the scrennshot plus sometimes they are completely black/transparent.

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=8265.0;a

B) see a) plus sometimes the sliders start at 100%.

BodySlide shows some sliders inverted (to correct the inverted slider data). The RaceMenu plugin doesn't.

BS 0 = RM 0

BS 100 = RM 1

BS -200 = RM -2

I wanted the min/max values further apart in RM because you can't manually type in values there like you can in BS.

Ehm that is possible in RM that it goes from -200 to 200 in defined steps.

BTW % means divided throught 100 so 100% in BS implies that it is 1 in real.

Is RaceMenu doing script work all the time now? For some reason my game got slower so im just trying to figure out whats causing it.

^ I noticed that too.. Reverting to v3.1 fixed all of my problems.

No.

Latest Race Menu 3.2 broke SAM (Shape Atlas for Men) once again. What need to be fixed/changed this time to make it to work? Those armors (like one on the included screenshot) are armors/cloths refits for RM3.1 with fixed tri files, and they do work just fine (only small issues) with RM3.1 but RM3.2 have problems like on the scrennshot plus sometimes they are completely black/transparent.

Nothing changed in that manner, what changed is the meshes no longer share the same skin partition, causing rendering bugs when used across NPCs. Absolutely nothing to do with textures.

If you're using the 3.2 from here, use the one from Nexus, it's newer.

Archived