RaceMenu V3.2.5B

Expired6978

So you're importing onto a nord, then changing race? I'm not seeing what the import/export process has to do with the differing races. Sculpt data is treated the same until you start changing parts around (i.e. the part you changed to has a different TRI file than the original)

Undefined is only shown when the external file has less parts than the internal. It's a placeholder so that sorting can occur. If the amount on the right side is more than the amount on the left side, something went wrong. IIRC Ningheim has a custom TRI file, you shouldn't be importing a preset for Nord onto Ningheim, you should be able to export nif and import nif however.

Oh well i just spent two hours trying to reproduce these bugs, no success. Ex/import worked fine even in both cases even after switching race / preset / headmesh 100 times.

The only thing i changed in my installation since those bugs happened, was to remove the Mature Skin 8k size textures and reinstalled Fair Skin 4k - but that can't have anything to do with this.

Unfortunately i had already deleted the bugged headmeshes, so i'll just notify you should it happen again.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Currently having issue with preset exporting. It simply does not create jslot files or having very low chance of success. V3B18. Using Mod Organizer. Also using symlinks so my presets directory located on another hard drive..

[edit]

went testing released version.. no bug found

I'm working on the next version of TitKit, thought I'd follow the tutorial on the nexus page . . .

But i'm having a problem with creation kit.

Pasted the tute here for quick ref.

1. Extract the modders package to your Data folder
  2. Open Creation Kit (You do not need to load Skyrim.esm)
  3. Create new quest
  4. Give quest a unique ID
  5. Press Quest Aliases tab
  6. Right click the list, New Reference Alias
  7. Name the alias Player
  8. Tick Specific Reference
  9. Press Select Force Reference
  10. Select Cell (any), Ref PlayerRef ('Player') click OK
  11. Press the Add button in the Scripts group
  12. Type RaceMenuLoad into the filter and click OK
  13. Press OK in the Reference Alias window
  14. Go to the scripts tab and Add
  15. Click [New Script], give the script a name
  16. Open the script in your editor of choice and change extends Quest to extends RaceMenuBase
  17. Copy contents of PluginTemplate.psc to your new script
  18. Read the comments inside of the template
  19. Click OK in the Quest window
  20. Save your plugin
  21. Add your warpaints/sliders to your script
  22. Compile your script

I get thru point 14 on this list with no real problems.

Point 15 is the falling down point. In the Add New Script screen, I type the name and click ok. I then get a pop with error msg.

Window title: Papyrus Errors

Starting 1 compile threads for 1 files...
Compiling "TitKitScript04"...
<unknown>(0,0): unable to locate script TitKitScript04
No output generated for TitKitScript04, compilation failed.

Batch compile of 1 files finished. 0 succeeded, 1 failed.
Failed on TitKitScript04

with 2 buttons copy to clipboard and OK. 

That scriptname is then not in the add script window "Add script to <unknown>".

Point 16 is then only partially possible. I went to Gameplay menu > Papyrus Script Manager to edit from there, but the script is blank, nullifying the order to "change extends Quest to extends RaceMenuBase".

HOWEVER. . . I the rest of it is followable.

I'm concerned about the oddly missed steps. Will it cause a problem downline somewhere?

other questions: 

• Should the copied in template header be altered to say "Scriptname <the name from step 15> extends RaceMenuBase" ?
  • in order to use multiple passes for specular and normal maps, do I need to use AddBodypaintEx like so?
    AddBodypaintEx("Veins", "Actors\\TitKit\\veins.dds", "Actors\\TitKit\\veins_msn.dds", "Actors\\TitKit\\veins_sk.dds", "Actors\\TitKit\\veins_s.dds")

(OBTW . . . is there docs somewhere on AddBodypaintEx somewhere?)

Point 15 is the falling down point. In the Add New Script screen, I type the name and click ok. I then get a pop with error msg.

It's doing it through MO that's giving that error. I'm getting the same thing off and on. Mostly on. I thought at first it was because I was editing copies of scripts and naming them wrong (first few times worked correctly) And now it's back to popping errors on new scripts again. I found out the issue when I went hunting for a solution, Darkfox127 has linked a program on his website that I got, and it actually works, Though you have to know what you're doing when creating the script (Which I'm still learning) If you're lucky, the failed ck compile, will create the source file and you can just open it up in notepad++ and finish it, save it then compile with the batch file.

http://www.darkfox127.co.uk/resources.html

If you scroll down you'll find the Script Compiling Batch file. It's pretty useful. It works by opening up the psc file through the command menu and then compiling it into the pex. Compiling already created scripts that I've edited in the CK seems to be working ok for me. **Rewording that so it makes sense to me. I'm so confused by crap lately** I can edit and compile existing scripts in the CK just fine.

It's doing it through MO that's giving that error. I'm getting the same thing off and on. Mostly on. I thought at first it was because I was editing copies of scripts and naming them wrong (first few times worked correctly) And now it's back to popping errors on new scripts again. I found out the issue when I went hunting for a solution, Darkfox127 has linked a program on his website that I got, and it actually works, Though you have to know what you're doing when creating the script (Which I'm still learning) If you're lucky, the failed ck compile, will create the source file and you can just open it up in notepad++ and finish it, save it then compile with the batch file.

http://www.darkfox127.co.uk/resources.html

If you scroll down you'll find the Script Compiling Batch file. It's pretty useful. It works by opening up the psc file through the command menu and then compiling it into the pex. Compiling already created scripts that I've edited in the CK seems to be working ok for me. **Rewording that so it makes sense to me. I'm so confused by crap lately** I can edit and compile existing scripts in the CK just fine.

MO huh? I'll try it straight.

Can't say I was expecting that. It does make a bit of sense tho... CK isn't a simple app, so it may be accessing the file system in ways that MO doesn't account for.

Also, it seems that most of the rigamarole has nothing to do with quests and is about spawning a script in the way that CK wants.

I figured it out. . .  not with the tutorial, but at least with getting shit compiled.

However, a different problem. my script is like this:

AddBodypaintEx("~temp 5", "Actors\\TitKit\\~temp 5.dds", "Actors\\TitKit\\~temp 5_msn.dds", "Actors\\TitKit\\~temp 5_sk.dds", "Actors\\TitKit\\~temp 5_s.dds")

The name in game is not "~temp 5", it is the last item on the line "~temp 5_s". Everything else, works, it's just that item.

I figured it out. . .  not with the tutorial, but at least with getting shit compiled.

AddBodypaintEx("~temp 5", "Actors\\TitKit\\~temp 5.dds", "Actors\\TitKit\\~temp 5_msn.dds", "Actors\\TitKit\\~temp 5_sk.dds", "Actors\\TitKit\\~temp 5_s.dds")

The name in game is not "~temp 5", it is the last item on the line "~temp 5_s". Everything else, works, it's just that item.

"AddBodyPaintEx" is the function name -> is Papyrus case-sensitive about that?

the function operates as expected, so I would say no. I wouldn't expect that to affect the display name, tho. you think it might?

btw... what language was bodyslide done with?

I figured it out. . . not with the tutorial, but at least with getting shit compiled.

the function operates as expected, so I would say no. I wouldn't expect that to affect the display name, tho. you think it might?

btw... what language was bodyslide done with?

C++, not using NifLib.

• 2 weeks later...

Was RaceMenu v3.0.1 released? I see in in the stickied post on nexus, but I don't see it on the download page.

I also saw that post but no 3.0.1 file.

Maybe he pulled it for some reason or it was never up in the first place. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Was RaceMenu v3.0.1 released? I see in in the stickied post on nexus, but I don't see it on the download page.

Not yet.

Expired6978's Reply

Maybe he pulled it for some reason or it was never up in the first place. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

@Setekh As Stated Above He Replied Literally 1 Post Above Yours

Not yet.

Expired6978's Reply

6 minutes prior, which means he posted while I has my reply open since I browse with multiple tabs open.

Not yet.

Expired6978's Reply

6 minutes prior, which means he posted while I has my reply open since I browse with multiple tabs open.

makes aaaallll the difference.

Dunno if this has already been posted, but here goes.

Just made a clean install of skyrim and mods using Mod Organizer. Whenever I go into racemenu and move sliders around (especially on the body tab) there's like a 50/50 chance for a ctd. Just wondering if this is a problem people have had before, and if there's any known reason for this? Is race menu the culprit, or any other mod anyone knows about?

Using racemenu v3b18, safety load, and showracemenu precache killer.  Regular UNP body, with groovtama skeleton, and no bbp enabled (trying to stay sfw :P ). Should also be mentioned that I've never had problems with racemenu v3b18 on my last install, but that was with completely different bodymods installed.

Just made a clean install of skyrim and mods using Mod Organizer. Whenever I go into racemenu and move sliders around (especially on the body tab) there's like a 50/50 chance for a ctd. Just wondering if this is a problem people have had before, and if there's any known reason for this?

Using racemenu v3b18, safety load, and showracemenu precache killer.  Regular UNP body, with groovtama skeleton, and no bbp enabled (trying to stay sfw :P )

Have you tried using the actual released version of RaceMenu:  http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29624/?

Just made a clean install of skyrim and mods using Mod Organizer. Whenever I go into racemenu and move sliders around (especially on the body tab) there's like a 50/50 chance for a ctd. Just wondering if this is a problem people have had before, and if there's any known reason for this?

Using racemenu v3b18, safety load, and showracemenu precache killer.  Regular UNP body, with groovtama skeleton, and no bbp enabled (trying to stay sfw :P )

Have you tried using the actual released version of RaceMenu:  http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29624/?

Welp, I feel silly now :P

Didn't know there's was an actual released version on the nexus. It seems to have fixed it as far as I can tell! Tyvm! :)

Is this thread still valid for RM development?

I posted this over in the tech support forum where someone couldn't import the head of the latest Toccata Follower update:

I also just ran into several heads that can't be imported into RM (even when you exported them with CharGen Export).

Example:

Tania Follower (original headmesh) - works

Tania Playable (RM version) - works

Tania Playable (ECE version) - does not work

After inspection in nifskope, it quickly shows that the headmesh uses a completely different structure and also has the headparts in seemingly random locations. Like using reverse coordinates for head and hair compared to regular heads.

Strange thing is that all parts show up as green when importing, but the head is always invisible. I also tried to correct the coordinates  (basically reverse those from the original head, so it shows up in the scene center) but that didn't work.

I'll save you the work to install the mentioned mod, rest assured that i re-installed and re-exported this twice to make sure that it's not a random user problem:

CME Tania Playable - TEST ONLY.zip

ECE before exporting:

post-134589-0-72328700-1423822210_thumb.jpg

Importing in RM3 - all lights green:

post-134589-0-45013200-1423822166_thumb.jpg

Too bad, invisible head:

post-134589-0-18401300-1423822220_thumb.jpg

Other known headmeshes with this problem:

Toccata v1.2.2 (reported by Kamalia Timandre here)

Imo

Is this thread still valid for RM development?
I posted this over in the tech support forum where someone couldn't import the head of the latest Toccata Follower update:

I also just ran into several heads that can't be imported into RM (even when you exported them with CharGen Export).

Example:

Tania Follower (original headmesh) - works
Tania Playable (RM version) - works
Tania Playable (ECE version) - does not work

After inspection in nifskope, it quickly shows that the headmesh uses a completely different structure and also has the headparts in seemingly random locations. Like using reverse coordinates for head and hair compared to regular heads.
Strange thing is that all parts show up as green when importing, but the head is always invisible. I also tried to correct the coordinates  (basically reverse those from the original head, so it shows up in the scene center) but that didn't work.

I'll save you the work to install the mentioned mod, rest assured that i re-installed and re-exported this twice to make sure that it's not a random user problem:
attachicon.gif CME Tania Playable - TEST ONLY.zip

ECE before exporting:
attachicon.gif headproblem02.jpg

Importing in RM3 - all lights green:
attachicon.gif headproblem01.jpg

Too bad, invisible head:
attachicon.gif headproblem03.jpg

Other known headmeshes with this problem:
Toccata v1.2.2 (reported by Kamalia Timandre here)
Imo

I will take a look later, the green indicates only that the vertex count is the same, if vertex order has changed then something has gone seriously wrong and would imply the author did this on purpose. However this would completely destroy facial expressions in doing so so this would have been a terrible idea and a poor attempt at preventing importing. It might just be a skin transform translation issue and should be easily fixable.

Quick beta for V3.0.1

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxcCUXFKD04_VzlKal91d1lTNEU/view?usp=sharing

What's new:

-Face Part slider

-Mouth Part slider

-Fixed custom geometry for custom head parts (Non-standard)

-Fixed crash when loading hairstyles made with NiTriStrips

-Fixed morphing geometry with no chargen tri file, but has a standard tri file

-Makeup, Body, Hand, Feet, Face paints are no longer restricted to 128 entries per quest (This needs to be tested for Papyrus errors, I may have made a mistake)

-May or may not package face piercings directly in RM3 (These will come later today)

-Fixed slider bug with custom head parts where Presets might incorrectly show Part data

-Fixes bug when importing meshes that are explicitly translated

Update your base scripts from the BSA archive if necessary.

I will take a look later, the green indicates only that the vertex count is the same, if vertex order has changed then something has gone seriously wrong and would imply the author did this on purpose.

I thought of something like this too, at least for the Toccata update.

The different Tania versions are making it confusing though, since even the head from the original follower mod works fine.

I will take a look later, the green indicates only that the vertex count is the same, if vertex order has changed then something has gone seriously wrong and would imply the author did this on purpose.

I thought of something like this too, at least for the Toccata update.

The different Tania versions are making it confusing though, since even the head from the original follower mod works fine.

It's just a skin transform issue.

Import just does this:

Difference = TargetHead - CurrentHead

CurrentHead += Difference

What happened is someone must've run the head through 3DS or some other program, which applied a Skin Transform to one of the bones, resulting in a massive offset. Similar occurrence to when you load a head in NifSkope, and the hair is way above the head, NifSkope isn't processing the Skin Transform for the Head bone which brings the part back to a normalized position.

In this case, importing assumes nothing like this occurred, and the mesh is the same as the base mesh, just with minor transformations. For this head in particular this is no longer the case.

Edit: This mesh in particular has an explicit local transform, which import previously did not process.

Here's a fix

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxcCUXFKD04_VzlKal91d1lTNEU/view?usp=sharing

Import now does this:

TargetTransform = TargetLocalTransform * TargetSkinTransform * TargetBoneTransform

CurrentTransform = CurrentLocalTransform * CurrentSkinTransform * CurrentBoneTransform

Difference = TargetTransform * TargetHead - CurrentTransform * CurrentHead

CurrentHead += Difference

This will effectively normalize all meshes before taking the difference data.

Archived