RaceMenu V3.2.5B

Expired6978

Just to be clear, but I'm not talking about the sculpt feature. I'm talking about relying on the import function for "recreating" ECE characters. That's the band-aid.

If I use the import feature, I won't be able to use the CITRUS head. That's one of the limiting factors I'm referring to.

Instead, I'm trying to properly recreate my ECE character using RM's sliders. Doing so is an exercise in understanding RM and being able to make new characters in the future in RM.

Unfortunately, there seem to be issues with RM's morphs, which is hindering me from recreating my character w/o bugs (the eyelash on eye problem seems to be a morph issue). Do you think it wrong that I don't want to use the band aid solution and instead prefer to learn RM properly and understand the problems I'm running into?

I think your misunderstanding, you cannot get a 100% exact copy of your face from ECE to RM by simply copying slider values.

Lots of people have tried and find things off, hence sculpt import and such was made.

See post for more details:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/36700-manually-remaking-ece-presets-in-racemenu-difficulty/?p=1036744

Sure you cannot use CITRUS Heads with a sculpt import, that doesn't mean the feature doesn't work well or is a "band aid".

You can still use CITRUS Heads, it's just you now need to use a 3d editor to upconvert the morph of the low poly head to the higher poly CITRUS one.

Also, you can import and save head parts just fine even with CITRUS (your eyelash thing should be importable just fine).

Unfortunately, there seem to be issues with RM's morphs, which is hindering me from recreating my character w/o bugs (the eyelash on eye problem seems to be a morph issue). Do you think it wrong that I don't want to use the band aid solution and instead prefer to learn RM properly and understand the problems I'm running into?

recemenu isn't the same as rm, isn't that your problem?

sK0chKp.jpg

this nose (last one, then left and left) is probably cme save 24 (it don't load right on citrus head)

x5DGKUR.jpg

this nose have your eyelashe problem

V7yBCrP.jpg

by exporting that, loading back the preset, importing the head on it, and picking that nose again, i can get them highter

have no idea how to get them lower, just open the head in nifkope and put them back in place

Sure you cannot use CITRUS Heads with a sculpt import

why not?

jvhdmYC.jpg

dont have any ece preset for the head i put on sofia, it was smooth in blender

but i was able to import it on citrus head

after doing my ece preset, i copy paste some followers heads in the folder

and after converting zuleika... couldn't remake it, forgot what i was doing while i was copy pasting

that was with ece load before rm15, and mimic plugin after

Either way, it's kinda digressed. My point was my intention is to make my characters natively in RM. The original post was about an issue and trying to identify what was causing it.

Is there documentation anywhere? I'm only finding out about how these sliders work (e.g. Type 1 morphs are subset of Type 2, Type 2 = 0 means it's off, but can't turn off Type1, buggy loading behavior due to vanilla issue, etc.) b/c of explanations from Expired in various response posts in the forum. And by inference and experience, I'm finding you shouldn't use Type 1 and Type 2 morphs together (or you can expect weird stuff). Lots of stuff that would be good to have in documentation about how you should be using RM.

This eyelash on eye problem I'm having also looks to be morph related, but the Eye morphs seem to be different from the other facial features. Type 1 morphs are supposed to be a subset of Type 2 morphs, but this might not be the case with Eyes (they behave rather differently).

I'm just trying to find out if anyone else is familiar with this, and what the solution is. PubliusNV indicated he thought he had same problem as well.

Here's the image again for reference:

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section

What I've noticed is the Eyelashes seem to move with the Eye. This can be observed on Eye Type = 1 (everything else default). After the character blinks, the Eyelashes look okay and line up with the Eyelid. But as the character's eyes move around, the Eyelashes move as well and no longer line up with the Eyelid.

You cannot load ECE sculpt data directly onto a CITRUS head, RM will not let you because vertex count mismatch.

isn't citrus just a subdivide version of the vanilla head?

NbgJfvj.jpg

the head in the middle is the result of importing the ece head on the right on citrus (with racemenu of course, don't know how to do that in blender, or i would have put the head on the left on citrus)

there's not enought verticles on the ece head, had to left some things blocky to keep them

my mess became worse on citrus

that would have need some tweaking anyway, more verticles, so you can smooth it more

You cannot load ECE sculpt data directly onto a CITRUS head, RM will not let you because vertex count mismatch.

isn't citrus just a subdivide version of the vanilla head?

NbgJfvj.jpg

the head in the middle is the result of importing the ece head on the right on citrus (with racemenu of course, don't know how to do that in blender, or i would have put the head on the left on citrus)

there's not enought verticles on the ece head, had to left some things blocky to keep them

my mess became worse on citrus

that would have need some tweaking anyway, more verticles, so you can smooth it more

Not really otherwise Citrus would look as horrible as this: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/935631-7k-poly-head-mesh/?p=7524299

Not really otherwise Citrus would look as horrible as this: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/935631-7k-poly-head-mesh/?p=7524299

Does look cool in game tho

5807238-1366007944.jpg

Of course the custom textures are having a huge role and stuff, but it still looks pretty nice. "Horribly not optimized and would probably burn everything in your computer" kind of nice. 

(Still wondering if Elewin's not bullshitting a bit with his pics though) 

Does look cool in game tho

5807238-1366007944.jpg

Of course the custom textures are having a huge role and stuff, but it still looks pretty nice. "Horribly not optimized and would probably burn everything in your computer" kind of nice. 

(Still wondering if Elewin's not bullshitting a bit with his pics though) 

That is photoshop zoom at the top of the hair you see where the person who made it cut fail.

you didn't even bother opening the nif...

N2pNS8V.jpg

that's a subdivide vanilla head, the other one got subdivide one more time (but it's useless without a tri file, and his subdivide look strange)

You know what the word "just" means, just means you just subdivide it and throw the result in, citrus got some afterwork, with the mesh and the morphs compared to others. That is why it is not "just" subdivided crap what others did.

I have it but I just move the eyes mesh in the sculpt window and *poof* problem gone. I've always had it though, since before the RM3/Citrus head switch; it always depended on eye/brow/nose adjustments if it would be there or not.

=\ Unfortunately the amount I need to move it by ends up distorting the eyeball and iris quite a bit.

There are very few things i hate more about Skyrim than photoshopped "screenshots".

Anyways, no comments on the issue with head import / sculpting and scars?

A few things i noticed about head import and sculpting:

If the imported head did not have a scar attached, this had can no longer display scars. At least after a bit of sculpting, any scars i tried to add were only partially visible.

And there's a strange bug when exporting heads from presets:

1. load a temptress race preset in .slot format on a nord character
  2. since the morphs seem to be identical, the preset works (only some tint sliders like warpaints are messed up)
  3. export the head
  4. restart the game (to be safe), start new game and import the head

now the eyes are messed up, inverted into the head.

I fixed this by installing the temptress race to export all presets for that race, but i don't understand why these 2.x presets work to create nord characters, but the ex/import does not.

This isn't a bug, it's just not how it works. I don't know what magic you expect to happen to the scar when you import head geometry that doesn't move the scar. The scar isn't on the face, it's a separate part floating just slightly above the face. You will have to move it yourself. If you want to code mesh conforming be my guest.

As for the problem with the eyes, I don't know, are you trying to import a head that is heterochromatic onto a head that is not (or vice-versa)? Because this would be why it failed to import the part, and had you paid attention to the Part Matcher window you would see that it was red.

This isn't a bug, it's just not how it works. I don't know what magic you expect to happen to the scar when you import head geometry that doesn't move the scar. The scar isn't on the face, it's a separate part floating just slightly above the face. You will have to move it yourself. If you want to code mesh conforming be my guest.

As for the problem with the eyes, I don't know, are you trying to import a head that is heterochromatic onto a head that is not (or vice-versa)? Because this would be why it failed to import the part, and had you paid attention to the Part Matcher window you would see that it was red.

About the scar, alright i'll check that again ASAP. So can i re-shape it afterwards, or does it already have to be there before sculpting (or exporting) ?

And i just saw what you mean with heterochromatic eyes, when i exported the Ningheim presets. One of them has heterochromatic eyes, and those are 2 separate meshes.

No that was not the problem on the Temptress preset, she has regular eyes - as mentioned it does work for playing when you import that .slot preset onto a Nord, but after ex/importing that head it is messed up.

And i noticed another issue:

When i export a Ningheim with the default Ningheim eyebrows, it imports back on a Nord as $undefined (and no eyebrows can be applied through sliders).

But when i give the Ningheim one of the "Hverg-Ningheim" custom eyebrows before exporting, it imports fine with nord-compatible eyebrows.

About the scar, alright i'll check that again ASAP. So can i re-shape it afterwards, or does it already have to be there before sculpting (or exporting) ?

And i just saw what you mean with heterochromatic eyes, when i exported the Ningheim presets. One of them has heterochromatic eyes, and those are 2 separate meshes.

No that was not the problem on the Temptress preset, she has regular eyes - as mentioned it does work for playing when you import that .slot preset onto a Nord, but after ex/importing that head it is messed up.

And i noticed another issue:

When i export a Ningheim with the default Ningheim eyebrows, it imports back on a Nord as $undefined (and no eyebrows can be applied through sliders).

But when i give the Ningheim one of the "Hverg-Ningheim" custom eyebrows before exporting, it imports fine with nord-compatible eyebrows.

If you're importing a scar's geometry, you should have a scar already placed on your character, which one doesn't matter since it's the same mesh. You can shape it after or before it doesn't matter if the head you are importing doesn't have it.

So you're importing onto a nord, then changing race? I'm not seeing what the import/export process has to do with the differing races. Sculpt data is treated the same until you start changing parts around (i.e. the part you changed to has a different TRI file than the original)

Undefined is only shown when the external file has less parts than the internal. It's a placeholder so that sorting can occur. If the amount on the right side is more than the amount on the left side, something went wrong. IIRC Ningheim has a custom TRI file, you shouldn't be importing a preset for Nord onto Ningheim, you should be able to export nif and import nif however.

Archived