How to copy ECE NPC face for playable character?

Hi there. 

I am an ECE user, but I was hoping to import an ECE follower's face (namely Toccata) because I'd like to play as her. Does anyone know how to import a follower's face for a playable character?  I have tried with Racemenu, but it does not seem to recognize Toccata's head nif. 

I would be overjoyed if anyone can help me. Thank you so much. :)

I also just ran into several heads that can't be imported into RM (even when you exported them with CharGen Export).

Example:

Tania Follower (original headmesh) - works
Tania Playable (RM version) - works
Tania Playable (ECE version) - does not work

After inspection in nifskope, it quickly shows that the headmesh uses a completely different structure and also has the headparts in seemingly random locations. Like using reverse coordinates for head and hair compared to regular heads.
Strange thing is that all parts show up as green when importing, but the head is always invisible. I also tried to correct the coordinates  (basically reverse those from the original head, so it shows up in the scene center) but that didn't work.

Now to solve your problem, download an older version of Toccata. Plenty of people have done it with version 1.1.1.
Hopefully we can also bring this problem to expired6978's attention so he can work on a fix, or at least give us an idea how to make those heads work by editing the mesh.

Archived