RaceMenu V3.2.5B

Expired6978

Can anyone tell me why this head is incompatible for importing with RM:

attachicon.gif00000D71.NIF

I already compared it to other (working) heads in nifskope, but frankly i have no idea what i'm looking at.

Theres only like 3 reasons a part doesnt import. Thats either when the current part has no valid morph file (grey), the vertices dont match (red) or you disabled it explictly (grey and unchecked).

I cant look at the file atm but if I had to guess its because youre trying to import a head with mismatching vertices, which is obviously impossible (not really, just really difficult to automate without fuckups), meshes dont magically conform to another shape with different topology.

Dear Mr. Expired-san,

Please fixu RM bug-chan. Ok my chinese is terrible. I found a bug in beta 17 and this is what happens:

1. start RM go to sculpt mode

2. save/name character from sculpt mode

3. start RM again - skin tone is not showing face becomes something like black or brown.

Changing skin tone doesnt do anything, loading preset loads preset also without showing face skin.

4. click on sculpt mode

5. click on preset mode and load preset (face is fixed) or click on sliders mode and change skin tone (face is fixed).

So in short problem is happening only if saving from sculpt mode.

Dear Mr. Expired-san,

Please fixu RM bug-chan. Ok my chinese is terrible. I found a bug in beta 17 and this is what happens:

1. start RM go to sculpt mode

2. save/name character from sculpt mode

3. start RM again - skin tone is not showing face becomes something like black or brown.

Changing skin tone doesnt do anything, loading preset loads preset also without showing face skin.

4. click on sculpt mode

5. click on preset mode and load preset (face is fixed) or click on sliders mode and change skin tone (face is fixed).

So in short problem is happening only if saving from sculpt mode.

Nah this is just the crazy bug that only happens for you apparently. Its because for you the editor doesnt unload correctly so the texture that gets created to render the shit on bugs out. This is mainly an engine problem and a mix of the method I am using to low-level render on. If the player's face is regenerated while the internal render still has an active render layer it basically for whatever reason tries to render onto the player's face tint texture instead, which overwrites the face texture (shitty management of render targets, or complete lack of)

This probably isn't ever going to be fixed, at least not for you since for some unknown reason yours and only yours refuses to free up the assets correctly upon leaving.

If anyone else confirms this also happens for them I will consider taking another look.

The character Height and Head size sliders seem to be missing.  It didn't reset my character's height or head size but now I can't find the sliders in the list SkyUI doesn't turn up the sliders on search so I cannot adjust them anymore.

My loose base scripts are also out of date.  Where do I find hew ones?

Check to make sure you're running the compatible xpmse skeleton update to get the sliders, and you can pull the 2 needed scripts out of the bsa that you're currently using and create a loose base scripts file since there's so many updates to keep up (He actually advises to at some point in this thread)

I already compared it to other (working) heads in nifskope, but frankly i have no idea what i'm looking at.

Theres only like 3 reasons a part doesnt import. Thats either when the current part has no valid morph file (grey), the vertices dont match (red) or you disabled it explictly (grey and unchecked).

I cant look at the file atm but if I had to guess its because youre trying to import a head with mismatching vertices, which is obviously impossible (not really, just really difficult to automate without fuckups), meshes dont magically conform to another shape with different topology.

I learned this the hard way.

The only really good looking lady I have ever made was when i was using the citrus head but I got rid of it to free up memory as it took a tole on my fps. My computer is not great, admittedly.

From that point on i could no longer load my save and had to restart and game crashed whenever i tried to load that .slot in RM (the face was sculpted, btw).

-------------------

Additionally...

can someone make and share a non sculpted (preferably) good-ish looking head with vanilla assets so that i have a base to work from.

I first started using RM at V3 beta 12 so I am not to good at using it yet and its a bitch to try and build faces like i could with ece. (always mess up mouths).

Not that it is harder to use RM (not saying that) I'm just more familiar with ECE still. I can say i will never go back to ECE either, I am really liking RM and its additional features (overlays in general, woot awesome face tats yay, like the nord eye band and female wood elf 3 when used together).

Also I know vanilla assets are not going to allow for production of a great head but how likely is it that someone is using the exact same cosmetic mods as me. I have quite a few but i know that when i try to grab a preset from the "share your char gen" thread they are always made with stuff i don't use it seems. apachii hair (both) and iridium eyes are fine to use as those are 2 that i can remember that i use.

------------------

here is an head shot example of the best face I ever built with ECE, like a year and 20 different installs ago. still trying to recreate something even close.

and a screenshot of my current character. shes not bad but not great either (ignore the picture of adrenalynn in the backround I made a personal replacer of the paintings and posters in the levelers tower.)

Check to make sure you're running the compatible xpmse skeleton update to get the sliders, and you can pull the 2 needed scripts out of the bsa that you're currently using and create a loose base scripts file since there's so many updates to keep up (He actually advises to at some point in this thread)

My skeleton is Groovtama's XPMSE 2.20 and I have the RacemenuXPMSE plugin that came with it.  Height and head size are still missing.

Getting rid of my loose base scripts solved the warning issue, but it may or may not have limited hairstyle choices for custom races.  That probably had to do with my load order and frankly I don't find issue with it.  I play with vanilla races primarily.

My skeleton is Groovtama's XPMSE 2.20 and I have the RacemenuXPMSE plugin that came with it.  Height and head size are still missing.

Getting rid of my loose base scripts solved the warning issue, but it may or may not have limited hairstyle choices for custom races.  That probably had to do with my load order and frankly I don't find issue with it.  I play with vanilla races primarily.

Have you tried to update to 2.33 ?

I had the exact same issue with head, height and other sliders missing, the last xpmse update fixed that for me.

The only really good looking lady I have ever made was when i was using the citrus head but I got rid of it to free up memory as it took a tole on my fps. My computer is not great, admittedly.

From that point on i could no longer load my save and had to restart and game crashed whenever i tried to load that .slot in RM (the face was sculpted, btw).

-------------------

Additionally...

can someone make and share a non sculpted (preferably) good-ish looking head with vanilla assets so that i have a base to work from.

I first started using RM at V3 beta 12 so I am not to good at using it yet and its a bitch to try and build faces like i could with ece. (always mess up mouths).

Not that it is harder to use RM (not saying that) I'm just more familiar with ECE still. I can say i will never go back to ECE either, I am really liking RM and its additional features (overlays in general, woot awesome face tats yay, like the nord eye band and female wood elf 3 when used together).

Also I know vanilla assets are not going to allow for production of a great head but how likely is it that someone is using the exact same cosmetic mods as me. I have quite a few but i know that when i try to grab a preset from the "share your char gen" thread they are always made with stuff i don't use it seems. apachii hair (both) and iridium eyes are fine to use as those are 2 that i can remember that i use.

------------------

here is an head shot example of the best face I ever built with ECE, like a year and 20 different installs ago. still trying to recreate something even close.

and a screenshot of my current character. shes not bad but not great either (ignore the picture of adrenalynn in the backround I made a personal replacer of the paintings and posters in the levelers tower.)

Switching from the citrus head should be fine as long as you dont use the replacer version, which is probably what you did. The sculpt data from citrus head is going to be very different from the vanilla head, if you use the replacer version the system assumes the head you used was the same, so it tries to apply changes beyond the size of the mesh (its better it crashes this way than gives you a distorted face)

When you are using the standalone version the head has a different tri file path, which is how it determines whether the mesh is the same.

Obviously switching heads the sculpt data isnt going to work as per reasons explained before.

-------------------

Additionally...

------------------

Switching from the citrus head should be fine as long as you dont use the replacer version, which is probably what you did. The sculpt data from citrus head is going to be very different from the vanilla head, if you use the replacer version the system assumes the head you used was the same, so it tries to apply changes beyond the size of the mesh (its better it crashes this way than gives you a distorted face)

When you are using the standalone version the head has a different tri file path, which is how it determines whether the mesh is the same.

Obviously switching heads the sculpt data isnt going to work as per reasons explained before.

Yep you hit that right on the head. I used the replacer version. I think i might actually switch to the stand alone so my character can use it without all the added stress to my system from everyone using it.

Have you tried to update to 2.33 ?

I had the exact same issue with head, height and other sliders missing, the last xpmse update fixed that for me.

Yeah, that fixed it.  Thanks.  I didn't know about the XPMSE update till now.

Just to confirm, now body scales are a separate category.  I don't have to scroll through SOS sliders to get to weapon styles anymore, those are now separate categories.  What is Citrus?

Hi, I have a weird problem. I really love what I did with my character but when I go to make a preset it won't save. I hit F5 to go to save. I can enter the name. But when I try to save with E (yes I am out of the naming part). Nothing happens. I can hit TAB and actually click TAB and it will close out. But When I try to click E for accept nothing happens.

I may just being stupid, idk. But I thought I'd ask JIC. I'll keep digging to see if it's anything stupid on my end. 

Edit: I am using the V3b btw. Presets were fine when I had the version on the nexus. :)

Other Info:

I am using MO

Nothing is conflicting with it

I am using a Custom Race

Hi, I have a weird problem. I really love what I did with my character but when I go to make a preset it won't save. I hit F5 to go to save. I can enter the name. But when I try to save with E (yes I am out of the naming part). Nothing happens. I can hit TAB and actually click TAB and it will close out. But When I try to click E for accept nothing happens.

I may just being stupid, idk. But I thought I'd ask JIC. I'll keep digging to see if it's anything stupid on my end. 

Edit: I am using the V3b btw. Presets were fine when I had the version on the nexus. :)

Other Info:

I am using MO

I am using a Custom Race

its a bug currently (I think) you just need a preset in the folder before you can save a new one.

Here install mine.My 2 presets.7z

You can delete these once you have saved your own.

Other Info:

I am using MO

I am using a Custom Race

its a bug currently (I think) you just need a preset in the folder before you can save a new one.

Here install mine.attachicon.gifMy 2 presets.7z

You can delete these once you have saved your own.

Oh ok, thank you very much :)

I'll try this asap.

Update: Just wanted to thank you sooooo much! It worked and now I don't have to worry about losing my beautiful character ^^ if I start a new save. <3

Other Info:

I am using MO

I am using a Custom Race

You're not using the latest beta, this has been fixed.

Can someone explain how fix this?

I haven't noticed any other errors. I think i had same issue with version 2.9.6, but then Loose Base Scripts plugin fixed this. Since I directly switched from 2.9.6 to V3B17 this message appear every save loading.
Already tried to extract BSA file, instaled Loose Base Scripts 2.9.6, installed RaceMenuPlugin Repair from XPMSE and full RM reinstall using SaveTool to remove scripts.
Used:
RaceMenu V3B17
XPMSE 2.33
And some Warpaint plugins

post-416268-0-20907700-1420054377_thumb.jpg

hmm i was having this error as well until I deleted all the loose racemenu scripts, I had some in my data directory lurking there mucking things up with Mod Organizer. Once I removed the loose script files I haven't had the error message and my racemenu hasn't had all the goofy crap like $ all over the place.

Archived