BWitch 0.6.0 [28 August 2018]

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there,

I've got a few issues to submit.

1) The alternative cast can be triggered even if my character isn't wearing an armbinder or a yoke.

2) Ver.0.5.0 does not give us a choice to decide whether the dragonborn can shout with her mouth gagged.

Other than that, the new features are splendid.

My solution to those two issues is to modify the scripts, however it's not appropriate to do so if it's not what the author excepted, I guess. So here I come.

PS, my English is poor. Sorry about that.

1) The alternative cast can be triggered even if my character isn't wearing an armbinder or a yoke.

It literally says in the update:

CHANGED: Bound casting and shouting can now be activated at any time. No longer need to have your wrists bound. This lets bound magic work with future devices (or even no devices).

So i'm fairly sure that is intentional.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Seems I haven't been getting notifications for new posts.

On 19/09/2017 at 8:57 PM, SnowyJune973 said:

2) Ver.0.5.0 does not give us a choice to decide whether the dragonborn can shout with her mouth gagged.

This is deliberate. The beta version of Devious Devices is making some changes to keywords, which is how this mod was detecting when you were bound. So the new version removes the bound hands requirement, letting you cast/shout whenever you want.

On 25/09/2017 at 5:46 AM, Kartog said:

Is there a way to get the functionality of the old version with gags preventing shouting, the dragonborn moans, and nearby actors get the aroused effect?

I recommend you use DD's bound combat for shouting instead. It works better (no script lag, whirlwind sprint works correctly).

On 17/10/2017 at 11:24 AM, CovertDemon said:

do you recommend any keys for the bound casting?

If you have a mouse with spare buttons, you can map those buttons. Otherwise, I think V or B aren't used by any popular mods.

On 30/10/2017 at 12:02 PM, jordisslave said:

A little behind the times, I admit. I still have version 0.4.0 installed. Does anyone remember how to start that, other than the MCM quick start option?

Read the Readme. Go do a ritual in the College Midden.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I've using it for months but I've noticed only now that it seems the "talk through followers" option does nothing AND may cause your saves to CTD.

Apart from that, great mod. Absolutely required if your character is a mage with low max health and lots of magicka.

Thanks for your comments, everyone.

Looks like this may have been affected by the DDi v4 changes. New version reflects DDi v4's removal of ZaZ keywords.

On 5/13/2018 at 1:35 PM, Hiderius said:

to bad you couldn't have your follower through this mod to pick a lock, that would be interesting 

I haven't come up with a way of doing this without requiring either overwriting DDi scripts (definite no-no) or tediously large dialogue trees (to tell your follower which device to pick). DD Helpers has a follower unlock feature.

3 hours ago, SelosTeef said:

I've using it for months but I've noticed only now that it seems the "talk through followers" option does nothing AND may cause your saves to CTD. 

The follower translator function has only been tested with vanilla, EFF, AFT and UFO. If you're using another system, it may not work. The option shouldn't even show up unless it's able to find a supported follower. I've tested v0.6.0 with EFF.

On 8/26/2018 at 2:40 AM, simplefries said:

The follower translator function has only been tested with vanilla, EFF, AFT and UFO. If you're using another system, it may not work. The option shouldn't even show up unless it's able to find a supported follower. I've tested v0.6.0 with EFF. 

I use EFF only as well but it still often can't load my saves.

The last thing the log says before the game CTDs is this:

warning: Unable to get type _bwgtfollowercheckscr referenced by the save game. Objects of this type will not be loaded.
warning: Could not find type _bwgtfollowercheckscr in the type table in save

So even with the talk through followers disabled (even on a new save made to test this version) it still CTDs often.

So I'll ask, if possible, if you could make a version which doesn't have the talk through followers functionality at all.

12 hours ago, SelosTeef said:

warning: Unable to get type _bwgtfollowercheckscr referenced by the save game. Objects of this type will not be loaded.
warning: Could not find type _bwgtfollowercheckscr in the type table in save

For some reason, it's not able to load one of the scripts in the mod. Looks like you need a clean save (as described in the Upgrading section) and a clean reinstall of the mod. That should restore follower translating functionality.

Whether that solves your CTD I don't know; I've found the script logs are often a crapshoot when it comes to CTDs as opposed to broken mod functionality.

2 hours ago, simplefries said:

For some reason, it's not able to load one of the scripts in the mod. Looks like you need a clean save (as described in the Upgrading section) and a clean reinstall of the mod. That should restore follower translating functionality. 

Whether that solves your CTD I don't know; I've found the script logs are often a crapshoot when it comes to CTDs as opposed to broken mod functionality.

I did that. In fact, I started a new game with the current version installed, played for a few minutes, and couldn't load that save.

But considering what you said, it might be the fault of one of the other roughly 200 mods, it just doesn't show it.

• 2 months later...

Just tried upgrading by uninstalling the old version through mcm,  then the new version, but there's nothing in the midden anymore to activate the mod?

EDIT: it's also that way in a new save. Nothing in the midden, nothing in the windhelm warehouse (if stuff is supposed to be there?)

I'm wondering if I missed something?

16 hours ago, simplefries said:

No Midden, just MCM toggles now. If you're updating from a version that had the Midden, you'll probably need a clean save.

savegame cleaner worked just fine, in that case. I can use the mod just fine, with the MCM toggles. 

On 11/15/2014 at 7:19 PM, simplefries said:

I can give it a try, it seems like a simple matter of swapping out the keyword to search for. However, as far as I know, there aren't any mods that let you willingly equip ZaZ restraints (the ones I'm aware of force them on you in situations outside your control), so I'm not sure how well I'll be able to test them.

I'd like to put some of the great furniture items in the ZaZ pack to use, but right now I'm just making the core idea work. Quests will probably be further down the line, once I get to learn all the other parts of the CK.

I'll see if I can do it in a way that doesn't hammer performance. I'm thinking of splitting the effect into two tiers: a run-of-the-mill collar which just has the core bound casting effect and gives a modest boost to make up for the loss of slots for enchantments; and another version with more onerous requirements which grants more bonuses to those who submit to it. We'll see what I can implement.

Looks like I need to advance XP on fire-and-forget spells. Are you getting XP for concentration spells? The quickest way to check would be to stand in the middle of town or a busy tavern and cast Life Detection; it levels your Alteration so fast it's almost cheating.

Once you equip the collar, you get a lesser power to select spells. You have to equip a spell in your left/right hand, and use the power to store them. Then, once you put on the armbinder, you can cast the spells you stored in your left/right hands.

Nice mod. And I'm so sad to see such a mod upgraded to 0.6.0 while I can't use it 'cause I've switched to SSE. So here's my little request - Could you allow me to port this mod to SSE? (Or, if you do have such plans, then I'll gladly let it go.) 

Thanks a lot.

9 hours ago, SnowyJune973 said:

Could you allow me to port this mod to SSE?

Yes, go ahead.

I might support SSE in future, but for now I can't be bothered with the sign-up nonsense BethSoft added to get to the new creation kit. Apparently, according to this thread and this thread, the PC version can just use the Oldrim ESP and script files in this mod.

Some things you might need to beware of as you're porting:

• This plugin makes heavy use of SKSE functions. I don't know if SKSE64 supports them all yet.
  • Dependencies like Devious Devices are still in beta for SSE.

12 hours ago, simplefries said:

Yes, go ahead.

I might support SSE in future, but for now I can't be bothered with the sign-up nonsense BethSoft added to get to the new creation kit. Apparently, according to this thread and this thread, the PC version can just use the Oldrim ESP and script files in this mod.

Some things you might need to beware of as you're porting:

• This plugin makes heavy use of SKSE functions. I don't know if SKSE64 supports them all yet.
  • Dependencies like Devious Devices are still in beta for SSE.

Well that's weird - Intuitively we'd have to re-compile when the base library changes. I'll test it out to see if it works for BWitch. Thanks for those information, that'll help out, (even much more for such a mod newbie like me :)

• 6 months later...

I think i may have found a problem trying to play the mod with Defeat.

It seems that my defeat stop functioning or installing when i use Bwitch

Tried everything, Defeat stops and freeze each time or wont even install when i make a new game

thank you for the help

On 6/16/2019 at 1:26 AM, tuxagent7 said:

I think i may have found a problem trying to play the mod with Defeat.

I've been playing this mod with Defeat the whole time, so it's not an incompatibility. Could it be you have too many mods installed for your PC? If you turn on Papyrus logging, do you see a bunch of stack dumps?

What do you mean by freezing? Did you exit the MCM after telling Defeat to install itself?

14 hours ago, simplefries said:

I've been playing this mod with Defeat the whole time, so it's not an incompatibility. Could it be you have too many mods installed for your PC? If you turn on Papyrus logging, do you see a bunch of stack dumps?

What do you mean by freezing? Did you exit the MCM after telling Defeat to install itself?

Thank you for your answer and now i have hope for your mod and defeat coexisting. :)

I was turning off mod one by one and defeat installed only when i had your mod checked..

Yup i entered the mcm and then exited only for the defeat installed message to never appears...

But i think last night, i made defeat work right again...so tonight i will go re-intalling your fantastic mod and tell you how it went.

You sir have made my day telling you had defeat and bwitch in the same load order