BWitch 0.6.0 [28 August 2018]

Hey, glad to hear it's still in development. This is one of my favourite mods.

One thing that occurred to me - and this may be difficult and also not something you want to do at all - but would there be any chance of a version that only requires Zaz and not Devious Devices? Presumably it would have to be a "light" version and only able to offer the first play mode. As much as I love DD, there are times when my poor computer struggles to keep up with all the scripts and playing without it can really help reduce my chances of a crash or freeze on SexLab animation start. So I tend to alternate between DD and non-DD playthroughs. For the non-DD playthroughs, doing without BWitch is the biggest downside.

Like I said, this is probably something you won't want to do, but just thought I'd ask.

As much as I love DD, there are times when my poor computer struggles to keep up with all the scripts and playing without it can really help reduce my chances of a crash or freeze on SexLab animation start.

Just to ask. You do have ENBoost and SKSE memory tweak active? They might make a difference and let you play normally with Devious Devices.

As much as I love DD, there are times when my poor computer struggles to keep up with all the scripts and playing without it can really help reduce my chances of a crash or freeze on SexLab animation start.

Just to ask. You do have ENBoost and SKSE memory tweak active? They might make a difference and let you play normally with Devious Devices.

Thanks, Morferous. Yes I do have those. Mostly my game runs fine with DD, and I've actually been a tester for DD for a while, though haven't been able to test or even play the game much at all lately. It's just those crashes and freezes when a SexLab animation is starting that wear me down a bit. SexLab 1.59c was supposed to fix those, and it certainly reduced them to a minimum, but they still happen from time to time. I've noticed that having DD installed - and especially wearing any locked devices - seems to make it much more likely for me.

I tend to play a DD game until the crashes get more frequent and then throw a hissy fit and uninstall DD for a new playthrough. Eventually I miss all those buzzing plugs and piercings too much and go back, but then the cycle continues again.

It might be something I just have to learn to put up with, and maybe the next update to SexLab will fix it once and for all.

...would there be any chance of a version that only requires Zaz and not Devious Devices?...

That should be possible. The core bit of the mod, casting spells/shouts while bound, only requires bits from ZaZ anyway. The next version is planned to be stripped down beta, with just the bound casting and shouting. This lets people have the latest bug fixes without waiting on less important parts of the mod. I'll build out other features further down the line, but there are already some very good bondage mods here on LL.

...would there be any chance of a version that only requires Zaz and not Devious Devices?...

That should be possible. The core bit of the mod, casting spells/shouts while bound, only requires bits from ZaZ anyway. The next version is planned to be stripped down beta, with just the bound casting and shouting. This lets people have the latest bug fixes without waiting on less important parts of the mod. I'll build out other features further down the line, but there are already some very good bondage mods here on LL.

Thanks for considering it! :heart: Please do make the mod you want to make, though. I'll look forward to the new version whether it needs DD or not.

• 1 month later...

I thought it worked, but I think you need to uncheck something in DDi as well now.

I think you have to turn off "Severe Effects" or something like that.

I turned off "enable hardcore effects" in DDi's MCM, still not letting me cast.

In the MCM for Bound Witch,

Turn on Bound Casting?

must have your spells assigned to hotkey.

I played with this for like an hour on 2.9.0 of DDi it should work.  The thing is that it kinda goes against the idea of the armbinder being a showstopper.  Basically armbinder is all about you get strapped up and have to run back to town, get stopped by bandits raped, get to town and get raped.....somewhere you find someone to release you and get raped some more.

Or you wind up enslaved in which case you get raped.

Works out very well if playing Player is a Succubus.

In the MCM for Bound Witch,

Turn on Bound Casting?

must have your spells assigned to hotkey.

I played with this for like an hour on 2.9.0 of DDi it should work.  The thing is that it kinda goes against the idea of the armbinder being a showstopper.  Basically armbinder is all about you get strapped up and have to run back to town, get stopped by bandits raped, get to town and get raped.....somewhere you find someone to release you and get raped some more.

Or you wind up enslaved in which case you get raped.

Works out very well if playing Player is a Succubus.

MCM is turned on for bound witch and spells are assigned to hotkeys. I can hear the effect for switching spells but spells won't cast.

Well I just installed this to see if it worked or not still.

It worked for me, had to wait a long time for MCM to show up.

I picked Devoted Bondage Mage, stripped out of all armor and clothing.

My poor girl is uh throwing fire out of her area.

I think you need to check and see if the armbinder is functioning properly.

Cannot wear a chest piece...basically anything that occupies slot 32 is a no no, not sure about Custom Slave Harness which also is on slot 32.

Also on the front page it said "do not manipulate the locks."

Now I don't know if this is still true but there used to be a bug about manipulating locks where if you say manipulated an armbinder then all armbinders would be "easy to remove" until such time that you fixed it, and it didn't even have to be the same armbinder when fixing.

As far as where the spell comes from, that's something that probably can be fixed up with RaceMenu.

I seem to remember using magic nipple cast animations when I was thinking about a full armbinder playthrough.

post-79263-0-29764900-1430917197_thumb.png

Well I just installed this to see if it worked or not still.

It worked for me, had to wait a long time for MCM to show up.

I picked Devoted Bondage Mage, stripped out of all armor and clothing.

I think you need to check and see if the armbinder is functioning properly.

Cannot wear a chest piece...basically anything that occupies slot 32 is a no no, not sure about Custom Slave Harness which also is on slot 32.

Also on the front page it said "do not manipulate the locks."

Now I don't know if this is still true but there used to be a bug about manipulating locks where if you say manipulated an armbinder then all armbinders would be "easy to remove" until such time that you fixed it, and it didn't even have to be the same armbinder when fixing.

As far as where the spell comes from, that's something that probably can be fixed up with RaceMenu.

I seem to remember using magic nipple cast animations when I was thinking about a full armbinder playthrough.

Can I see your load order?

I know my plug in list is pretty short its 89 plugs. 

Thing is I merge a lot of mods together with TesVedit and Xedit script so, my list is condensed as a result and game is more stable as well.

So its more like 190 plugs.

Hm. I have no idea :(

The thing is that it kinda goes against the idea of the armbinder being a showstopper.  Basically armbinder is all about you get strapped up and have to run back to town, get stopped by bandits raped, get to town and get raped.....somewhere you find someone to release you and get raped some more.

I agree, this does completely reverse the role of armbinders as being a serious impediment. This mod makes it possible to enjoy the marvelous art behind the armbinder while still playing the game. Some may like this, some may not.

...MCM is turned on for bound witch and spells are assigned to hotkeys. I can hear the effect for switching spells but spells won't cast.

Have you tried casting a fire-and-forget spell (like Ice Spike)? I find that, depending on your mod setup, some other mods will interrupt concentration spells so often that it becomes almost impossible to cast them while bound. Otherwise, it might just be script lag. Try holding down the cast button for a few seconds.

I ...uh... don't know what to say to that one. All the more reason not to wear clothes?

This mod doesn't fiddle with where the spells come from, so it's definitely something else.

finally got this mod to work for keyboard and mouse, any chance for controller support. liking it so far but can only use keyboard for a short amount of time.

thanks

I don't have a controller myself, so I can't test it. I was hoping it'd work automatically, since it's based on keys mapped to certain controls, rather than certain key codes.

Maybe you could try remapping your controls? The main controls it relies on are:

• "Left attack/block"
  • "Shout"
  • "Ready weapon" (used to cancel a spell)
  • "Hotkey 1-8" (the wiki says only hotkeys 1-2 are available on a controller).
In other news, I've uploaded 0.3 for people to test. Most of the features have been pared back, so it no longer requires DD (though it's still compatible with it).

Hey Simplefries,

Really happy to see you're still tinkering with BWitch, as I think it bridges the gap between bound and unbound gameplay very well.

If you don't mind a suggestion, do you think, down the road, it would be possible to add/enable 'jumping' while wearing an armbinder?

As it stands, we are in the slightly odd situation that we can now fight our way almost to the end of a dungeon only to be brought to a grinding halt by a gap in the floor (Claptrap + stairs anybody?)

Thanks all the same though!

Jumping while wearing an armbinder or yoke is NOT a function of this mod, it's a function of the Zaz Animation Pack or Devious Devices, depending on which device you are talking about. You'd have to ask the dev teams of those mods for the option to jump.

I want that ability as well, but I'm far more interested in getting a working merge of this mod and the nipplecasting one. preferably with some kind of feedback as to what spells you have active, and available.

Still not working even with 0.3 Lite. :(

I'm guessing there's a mod or something that's messing me up.

If you use something like Mod Manager, you could try it on a skyrim run with nothing else but ZaZ and SexLab. This would let you check whether it's a mod you have that's messing things up.

If you're an advanced user, you can coc to an empty cell like qasmoke or windhelmwarehouse from the main menu to skip the character creation rigmarole.

Hey Simplefries,

Really happy to see you're still tinkering with BWitch, as I think it bridges the gap between bound and unbound gameplay very well.

Thanks for your comments!

If you don't mind a suggestion, do you think, down the road, it would be possible to add/enable 'jumping' while wearing an armbinder?

As it stands, we are in the slightly odd situation that we can now fight our way almost to the end of a dungeon only to be brought to a grinding halt by a gap in the floor (Claptrap + stairs anybody?)

I feel the same way. However, I don't have any ideas for how to make this happen. In the meantime, I guess you can use a levitate spell from another mod, like Apocalypse.

quick question how do see what your spell count is for lite?

I don't understand this question. On keyboard/mouse, you favourite spells in the spell menu, then assign them a hotkey in the favourites menu. I don't know if this would be any different with a controller.

Great to see an update. Does the detect life buff with the blindfold still work?

No, that's been removed for now, at least. DD blindfolds don't (currently) use the ZaZ keyword, so it had to go in removing DD as a dependency. I might bring it back in future, but I want to think of a way to do it without making the Detect Life spell completely redundant.