BWitch 0.6.0 [28 August 2018]

I agree, this does completely reverse the role of armbinders as being a serious impediment. This mod makes it possible to enjoy the marvelous art behind the armbinder while still playing the game. Some may like this, some may not.

And I'm exactly the one who like it. Thank you simplefries!
  • 2 weeks later...

Do the hotkeys work only when you press the numbers above the letters, or should it work too when you press the numbers on the right side of the keyboard?

I'm asking because I'm left handed, so its difficult for me to press the "above letters"'s numbers...

If its designed to work that way, then I'm fine.

Thank you for the mod.  :lol:

Will this mod have problems with SmartCast?

I don't know, I don't use it myself. I would expect the autocast stuff should still work, but you'd have to try it to find out.

Do the hotkeys work only when you press the numbers above the letters, or should it work too when you press the numbers on the right side of the keyboard?

It doesn't work with the numpad keys at the moment. They conflict with the SexLab hotkeys.

It doesn't work with the numpad keys at the moment. They conflict with the SexLab hotkeys.

Oh, I see...

Would it be too difficult to make the numpad work myself or does it need very complicated CK/scripting skills?

Thank you.

Would it be too difficult to make the numpad work myself or does it need very complicated CK/scripting skills?

You should be able to change it with only a modest amount of scripting knowledge. I've packaged all the source files, so anyone can make changes.

The main file you'd want to look at is _bw_BoundHotkeyEffScr. This is attached to a quest and it basically watches for when the player hits a hotkey. You'd want to make changes to onEffectStart, where the script picks which keys to listen for, and onKeyDown, where it works out which hotkey was hit based on the key code it received.

Also, is it compatible with mods that allow you to use more hotkeys?

I doubt it. The built-in Papyrus commands only let you figure out what's stored in the default 1-8 hotkeys.

In other news, I've uploaded a minor update which should make it easier to play with this mod.

Changelog:

• Changed charged shader to be more obvious. Now uses the disused Dragon Hide shader.
  • Now plays a sound when charged.
  • Experimental support for controllers (D-pad L/R = Hotkeys 1/2) and numpad (only if switched on in MCM).

I don't have a controller, so I have no way of testing the controller support.

When installing, there's also the file "meta.ini" in your mod. Does it matter if that isn't installed since doing so would overwrite DDi's verson of that file?

The meta.ini file is just for Mod Organizer to store mod information. No need to install it (though it shouldn't matter if you do, since it doesn't affect in-game functionality). I should remember to leave it out of future packages.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a problem with starting the Way of the Bondage Mage in Windhelms warehouse... I found the cross and when I use it, some daedra appears, but nothing else happens... Am I trying that to soon? (like without being recognized as a dragonborn and having the shouting power evolved)

I have a problem with starting the Way of the Bondage Mage in Windhelms warehouse... I found the cross and when I use it, some daedra appears, but nothing else happens... Am I trying that to soon? (like without being recognized as a dragonborn and having the shouting power evolved)

That daedra is supposed to start talking to you. Looks like that part failed. It seems that happens sometimes; maybe try getting out and talking to him?

That daedra is supposed to start talking to you. Looks like that part failed. It seems that happens sometimes; maybe try getting out and talking to him?

I had the same problem until I told my follower to wait at the door. Every time she followed me to the cross before, the Daedra appeared,but the dialogue did not start.

Leaving and reentering either the room and the cross had no effekt. Talking to the Daedra did not work either, the only dialogue options appearing came from the solicitation mods running here (TDF & DCL).

• 1 month later...

The description sounds great. Even better than for older versions. I'll try again to make it work, but I tried that with every version released before and it never worked. I will report back when I had the time to try this out properly.

Sadly I have to report that nothing changed. I still can't cast anything while being bound. I tried different spells and different bindings (including the one in the starter chest). The result was the same as without your mod: nothing happened.

I immediately liked the idea when I first found your mod. What you recently added makes it even more interesting to me. I have no clue why it never works for me though.

Have you checked that you have all the pre-requisites?

- SKSE

- SkyUI

- ZaZ Animation Pack

- SexLab (required by ZaZ)

Another thing to check is your script logs. If it's a script problem, it might show up in the logs. Search for stuff starting with _bw. At the very minimum, you should be able to find a line saying the MCM for the mod was initialised. You might have to wait a while when you first load the mod for the MCM to register.

Have you checked that you have all the pre-requisites?

- SKSE

- SkyUI

- ZaZ Animation Pack

- SexLab (required by ZaZ)

Another thing to check is your script logs. If it's a script problem, it might show up in the logs. Search for stuff starting with _bw. At the very minimum, you should be able to find a line saying the MCM for the mod was initialised. You might have to wait a while when you first load the mod for the MCM to register.

Yes, I'm running:

SKSE 1.73

SkyUI 5.0

ZaZ Animation Pack 6.04

Sexlab 1.59c

and all their dependencies. These mods work fine.

I got the message that the mod was initialised ingame and took a look at the MCM before I started to test it.

EDIT2: I did not use the quick start. I interacted with the creature and took the stuff out of the small chest on the summoning altar, read the book (got the message that I learned a new spell), put on the bindings, tried to cast...nothing.

EDIT1: Here is my latest Papyrus logfile after the session I tried different ways to cast while bound. I hope that helps.

Papyrus.0.log

Thanks for helping me, btw.

...read the book (got the message that I learned a new spell), put on the bindings, tried to cast...nothing.

It looks like the effect is active. When you wear an armbinder, you should see "Bound casting" among the active effects list. So the problem should just be selecting a spell and casting.

Did you make sure to:

• assign a spell to one of the 1-8 hotkeys, and
  • hit the hotkey to select the spell after putting on the bindings?

You have to re-select the spell each time you put on bindings.

Casting should then be a matter of holding down the "Left attack" key (which may be your right or left mouse button) to charge or cast a concentration spell.

...read the book (got the message that I learned a new spell), put on the bindings, tried to cast...nothing.

It looks like the effect is active. When you wear an armbinder, you should see "Bound casting" among the active effects list. So the problem should just be selecting a spell and casting.

Did you make sure to:

• assign a spell to one of the 1-8 hotkeys, and
  • hit the hotkey to select the spell after putting on the bindings?

You have to re-select the spell each time you put on bindings.

Casting should then be a matter of holding down the "Left attack" key (which may be your right or left mouse button) to charge or cast a concentration spell.

Yes, I assigned spells to the F1 and the F2 Key via SkyUI. I tried doing that before getting into the armbinder and (after disabling the hardcore effects) after getting into the armbinder. Every time I hit the F1/F2 key after putting the restraints on. Still no casting when hitting my mousebuttons, no matter if holding them down for a moment or not.

I tried the Firebolt and the Flames spells. Nothing worked.