[WIP] Tentacle Parasite

DixiePig

UPDATE: Textures.

PTvp2u.png

This was actually very simple to put together. Way easier than expected. If anyone's interested in knowing how I did this, just ask and I'll put up a post.

No pretty render this time. Blender does this thing where it treats mirrored UVs as having flipped normals, don't know how to fix it. Have some screenshots instead!

XED06w.jpg

l0ktid.jpg

cUrZPy.jpg

mn7Zvo.jpg

LcBSdQ.jpg

The project seems to be very nearly complete. All that remains is to make the heavy weight version, and clean it up for use.
It'll be released as a modders' resource but it would probably be polite to include a .esp. What's the preferred way of doing it? Should I have the player add it via console command or craft it or what?

Thanks for the support guys. Very nearly done, and very nearly time to start planning out how this might be used. Let me know any suggestions and criticisms!

Well, you could fit what I know about modding on the back of a postage stamp and youd have lots of room left over. Personally, something I can install as an .esp would be nice. Whether I obtained it via crafting or the console wouldn't bother me either way. Will it support TBBP etc? Or is that something that will need to be added by a clever person?

;)

Since I added Estrus support to Cursed Loot lately and I am always on the hunt for new custom items to add...I think I'd have an idea what I could do with this item! Awesome work, and for a complete 3D nooblette like me, it was interesting to follow the creation process, too! :D

Only downside is that it's both customary and good practice for DD mods to support both official DD body mods, which are CBBE and UNPB (are there too many body mods for Skyrim or what?), so it would depend on what your conversion plans for this item are. I will follow this thread at least. :)

PTvp2u.png

This was actually very simple to put together. Way easier than expected. If anyone's interested in knowing how I did this, just ask and I'll put up a post.

No pretty render this time. Blender does this thing where it treats mirrored UVs as having flipped normals, don't know how to fix it. Have some screenshots instead!

Yes ! Yes im interested on knowing how you did this..

especially the textures part... im rlly weak when it comes to texxie ..  ( ´ • ω • ` )

Even as a modder's recourse, its always best to include an esp. file as a sample or example. You can keep it simple by simply sticking it in a box in a common, well known, location - or if you feel a little more ambitious you can set up crafting recipes for it.

Anyone who downloads mods should have the Creation Kit and its really simple for even first-timers to make small edits as to how they acquire an item - but its nice to have an esp. file to start with - rather then making one from scratch.

PTvp2u.png

XED06w.jpg

l0ktid.jpg

cUrZPy.jpg

mn7Zvo.jpg

LcBSdQ.jpg

The project seems to be very nearly complete. All that remains is to make the heavy weight version, and clean it up for use.

It'll be released as a modders' resource but it would probably be polite to include a .esp. What's the preferred way of doing it? Should I have the player add it via console command or craft it or what?

Thanks for the support guys. Very nearly done, and very nearly time to start planning out how this might be used. Let me know any suggestions and criticisms!

Creating the .esp file is not much of an effort. Practically everything you have to do is add the item in the Creation Kit and put files in the right folders. I think simple console-obtainable version would be just it, without any further entaglements. I am really amazed on how rapid the progress of this mod was and how great it looks. Still hoping for a Sevenbase-compatible version, but I'm not going to brag about it here. I've got to admit this whole thread and your changelog is quite an inspiration to me to finally take up Blender. Right now I just do petty things in 3ds Max for other games, but to me being able to tinker with Skyrim meshes would bring a lot more satisfaction to the work. Hats down to you, sir. I'll still be following this thread carefully, can't wait the release.

OMG!

Okay here is an idea I have been trying to get through to the maker of estrus since I first found estrus!

There could be chicks infected with estrus or they were dead and estrus took over their bodies and now their bodies serve to move estrus around so it can infect other people instead of waiting for them to fall into a trap or whatever.  These estrus monsters would be found in dungeons and ruins chasing after the player and other npcs. The estrus tentacles would be sticking out of the back of the body some kind of mass on the back like what you have lets say four tentacles for grabbing victims body. The chick would have a giant estrus penis or tentacle down there ready to go at the victim while the tentacles held them in place and also the chick hands would be grabbing the victim grabbing her boobs and so on.

The player gets chased and raped by these estrus monster chicks and then impregnated with estrus tentacle baby! after a short while the player pops out a small tentacle ball looks like roundish flesh and little tentacles sticking out. The thing quickly slinks away to hide and grow and then go after a victim. The guards in a city or town would be hostile to the thing after it grew big enough and stopped hiding.

What you appear to be making could work with this idea! anything infected with it could end up dead from the infection and then their body would be used by it as described above so the zombie sounds would be used and so on. I keep thinking of some big muscle chick orc infected with estrus chasing the player through a dungeon yelling and screaming lol.

UPDATE: heavy weight mesh.

g0Iw70.jpg

And just for fun, some screenshots with the tentacle mod that needs no introduction:

qFMhpF.jpg

Gsswlr.jpg

ENB really flatters the Estrus tentacles but there's not getting around that the quality of the mesh and textures are not on par with the animation. As I was taking these screenshots I was thinking it might be cool to do a remesh+retexture of the estrus monster in the style of this project. Those long straight segments of the tentacles could be improved with the judicious addition of edgeloops and weightpainting, or even fixed entirely with a rigid "bone" section like the spine of my armor...

Guess I'll chalk that up on the list of extensions I probably won't make, along with a male version, a custom ground object, and this:

Kga24a.jpg

I actually did a quick and dirty retexture of the Miraak tentacles to match the armor's color palette, but none of the shots were as good as this one (it's color comes entirely from the environment map and shader effects, so getting it to look right would involve CK work if anyone's interested. Alternatively you could just retexture my armor to match the Miraak palette, which would be easy with the .psd and that tutorial post I may not have time to make).

So, big version of the armor is complete: the last step before release. Just a little testing and then you all can...

Oh, it's not interpolating between lightweight and heavyweight. At all.

Looks like I've been garotted by the finishing line. My situation AFK is going to give me no time for this project from tomorrow until Christmas (at least), so if anyone understands what needs to be done to get the armor to scale properly, now is the time to be a hero and save this project. I'm not sure which appeals to me less: never releasing this, or releasing something broken that I can't be proud of.

Thank you, so much, once again for your encouragement and interest.

Looks like I've been garotted by the finishing line. My situation AFK is going to give me no time for this project from tomorrow until Christmas (at least), so if anyone understands what needs to be done to get the armor to scale properly, now is the time to be a hero and save this project. I'm not sure which appeals to me less: never releasing this, or releasing something broken that I can't be proud of.

I can think of two possible causes:

1) The vertices in the heavy weight nif don't match 100%, maybe some got reordered.

2) A CK issue. There are hidden flags in the Armor Addon record, called "Weight slider - Male" and "Weight slider - Female". These have to be set to "Enabled". The CK only does that when both the _0 and _1 nifs are present when you create the Armor Addon. If you added the _1 mesh later, you have to set the flag manually in TES5Edit.

1) The vertices in the heavy weight nif don't match 100%, maybe some got reordered.

2) A CK issue. There are hidden flags in the Armor Addon record, called "Weight slider - Male" and "Weight slider - Female". These have to be set to "Enabled". The CK only does that when both the _0 and _1 nifs are present when you create the Armor Addon. If you added the _1 mesh later, you have to set the flag manually in TES5Edit.

Sometimes it can be fixed in nifskope too, skyrim can be very finicky about it. Like when you're making your 0 and 1 weights make sure both nifs have exactly the same properties, names and everything is arranged in the same order. Also weird things can happen (like meshes imploding in a mess of spikes across the screen kind of weird) if the file sizes are too different. You need to make sure they're as close as possible. If they aren't you may want to go back and make sure you didn't end up with extra or missing modifiers between modelling and exporting! I once went back to a mesh and found out that my "smooth" disappeared from the body without trace at some point!

I also agree with Kimy! I see lots of devious potential for this and I love parasites, infestations and stuffs ^^ Is there a chance you'll make UNPB sized version in the future?

Excellent. That would have killed me trying to figure it out. I suspected there'd be a problem with vertex order in the body mesh, but I thought that would have resulted in weird artefacts rather than just nothing. I think I'm fine for all the armor parts because I used shape keys to model the heavy version so there'll be the same number of vertices in the same order.

Sometimes it can be fixed in nifskope too, skyrim can be very finicky about it. Like when you're making your 0 and 1 weights make sure both nifs have exactly the same properties, names and everything is arranged in the same order. Also weird things can happen (like meshes imploding in a mess of spikes across the screen kind of weird) if the file sizes are too different. You need to make sure they're as close as possible. If they aren't you may want to go back and make sure you didn't end up with extra or missing modifiers between modelling and exporting! I once went back to a mesh and found out that my "smooth" disappeared from the body without trace at some point!

You're definitely on the money here. Going over the .nifs I found that the different parts indeed had mismatched names. The names are strings that seem to be stored in an array, and you can only point to an array index, you can't just change the string. So if I figure that out, I should be able to get it to the stage where it exhibits weird artefacts.

This is certainly enough to work with. Thanks for the quick replies!

Well usually when weight sliders dont work, the most common ones was the amount of tris on the body (if any) or the armor, wasnt the same amount as the _0/_1 ones..

i got this mistake a few times for hiding some bodyparts when creating a full body armor...

The other probably the file naming, some ppl also says a thing or two about normals...but me dk bout that though >.>

sowie me not much of a  help ><

Update: Still no scaling.

I created a new pair of .nifs with identical structure. The names of the armour are the same and have the same index. I then created a new .esp as Erstam suggested. Just in case the issue was still in the .esp, I replaced the .nifs of a working armour. No luck. In both cases the mesh does not interpolate. If bodyweight is at 100%, then it displays the heavy mesh, otherwise it displays the light mesh.

Archived