[WIP] Tentacle Parasite

DixiePig

In TES5Edit, make sure the Armor Addons for the armor have "Weight Slider - Male" and "Weight Slider - Female" enabled. Also be sure that your file naming convention is set ending with the suffix "_0" for minimum weight and "_1" for the maximum weight. Then save a test.

If that still doesn't work, you will need to double-check your .nif files. There are some details that you might be overlooking. If your mesh explodes, it most likely is a vertex count issue. If it doesn't appear to change in between weights, it might be that .esp issue with the "Weight Slider". If it crashes to desktop or doesn't change, it could also be a skin weight inconsistency (with your bone weighting for each mesh). I would recommend testing each piece of your mesh one by one to see if they can properly blend from one mesh shape to the other.

To ensure you have full morphability, I would also recommend testing your mesh in your 3D package and see if it can blend from one extreme to the other. I would personally build one shape as the base shape and remodel the two extreme weights, then apply a the morph targets to the base, and collapse the morph and export for each extreme (make sure not to weld any vertices on export). That will make sure that the vertex count will be the same for both extremes.

I hope this makes sense and good luck!

This is going to sound like the most stupid suggestion ever, but humor me.  Occasionally the CK has an error on uploading modded armors, and instead of sticking in the _0 weight version or the _1 weight version where you would expect to, reverse them.  For some reason it fixes the average weight scaling issue.  This seems to be the issue when the game shows one armor version for all weights except at say 100%.  And unfortunately it isn't consistent.  Before my machine crashed and caused me to lose my mod, I had 7 armor pieces made.  Of those, I think I had to reverse load 2 of them to get proper interpolation (scaling).

I was just tweaking the skirt on mine (I had some clipping) when the whole machine blew up on me, but you can at least give it a try.  Takes about 5 minutes of tweaking the CK loading and retesting.  If it works viola!  If not, cross that off the list and move on to the next idea.   :D

If that still doesn't work, you will need to double-check your .nif files. There are some details that you might be overlooking. If your mesh explodes, it most likely is a vertex count issue. If it doesn't appear to change in between weights, it might be that .esp issue with the "Weight Slider". If it crashes to desktop or doesn't change, it could also be a skin weight inconsistency (with your bone weighting for each mesh).

if its a weight issue... isnt it easier to copy the _0 NiTriShapeData and  paste to _1 ? ..

i think itll keep the (same) weighting.. as long as the BsDismemberSkinInstance stay intact...

Maybe there will be a Testicle Parasite though I don't know if I would want something squeezing my balls like they are squeezing the breasts. Though I guess it could be like a parasite and the more it is on the player the tighter it gets if you don't find a way to remove it and once it get to max maybe a messages pops up saying *Pop goes the weasels* and then the player falls to the ground and dies. Or something like that.

Maybe there will be a Testicle Parasite though I don't know if I would want something squeezing my balls like they are squeezing the breasts. Though I guess it could be like a parasite and the more it is on the player the tighter it gets if you don't find a way to remove it and once it get to max maybe a messages pops up saying *Pop goes the weasels* and then the player falls to the ground and dies. Or something like that.

Or maybe something like in the movie Prometheus where the android infects one of the archaeologists and his girfriend gets pregnant with an early version of a face hugger.

The cycle of life..

Or maybe something like in the movie Prometheus where the android infects one of the archaeologists and his girfriend gets pregnant with an early version of a face hugger.

The cycle of life..

Well see now all you are doing is trying to make it really legitimate - not that, that is necessarily a bad thing ... it's just, come on!  Testicle crushing we're talking about.  I'm all about the turn about is fair play thing.  You want the male characters to be bound up and violated.  All good with me.  

Just no crushing.  ewww ....

UPDATE: still no scaling, but enjoy an alpha release.

In TES5Edit, make sure the Armor Addons for the armor have "Weight Slider - Male" and "Weight Slider - Female" enabled. Also be sure that your file naming convention is set ending with the suffix "_0" for minimum weight and "_1" for the maximum weight. Then save a test.

If that still doesn't work, you will need to double-check your .nif files. There are some details that you might be overlooking. If your mesh explodes, it most likely is a vertex count issue. If it doesn't appear to change in between weights, it might be that .esp issue with the "Weight Slider". If it crashes to desktop or doesn't change, it could also be a skin weight inconsistency (with your bone weighting for each mesh). I would recommend testing each piece of your mesh one by one to see if they can properly blend from one mesh shape to the other.

To ensure you have full morphability, I would also recommend testing your mesh in your 3D package and see if it can blend from one extreme to the other. I would personally build one shape as the base shape and remodel the two extreme weights, then apply a the morph targets to the base, and collapse the morph and export for each extreme (make sure not to weld any vertices on export). That will make sure that the vertex count will be the same for both extremes.

I hope this makes sense and good luck!

-Tried Begalund's suggestion, pointing the CK at the *_0 nif. No luck.

-Installed TES5Edit, checked weight slider flags and they are correct.

-nifs have the same vertex count.

-Don't know how to make two meshes morph from one to the other in Blender, unless they are shape keys, which they are, and they do. But it would be cool to know how to do it without needing shape keys.

-I actually copied their bone weights from their respective body meshes, so it's possible that some vertices will have different weights between the *_0 and *_1 versions. But if both meshes must have the same weights, then the body meshes would have imparted the same data.

I no longer have time to investigate that last one. I've uploaded a test version if anyone wants to take a look. The compressed file needs the password "dixiepig".

If anyone would just like to play around with the version I've been taking all these screenshots with, you'll find them in the meshes/dixiepig folder, called "monsterFULL_0" and "monsterFULL_1", just rename them to "monster_0" and "monster_1".

The assets (meshes+textures) are released under the Attribution Creative Commons BY license, which means you are free to distribute, remix, and build upon it, commercially or otherwise, provided that you credit me for the original creation.

So taking it and releasing it on the Nexus or SecondLife marketplace would not make you a criminal, BUT it would still make you an asshole.

https://mega.co.nz/#!JBQHADxQ!OpelBg63q0y3NVey5M4JpkTSkg1y1Ui3OStgc0G2EOg

B1eWh5.jpg

ckwifk.jpg

Well, I downloaded it to give it a quick look over in nifskope and I see an immediate problem.  Specifically reviewing the two "monsterfull" files, there are a couple of mismatches between the files, and I noticed they aren't the same file size.  So that is likely the problem.

Node 30_1 is named monster_0, while Node 30_0 is named monster_0.phallus

Node 35_1 is named monster_0.arm, while the _0 weight side is Node 37 and named bone.002

Node 44_1 is named NPC L Butt, while Node 44_0 is named NPC L Upperarm Twist1 [LUt1]

I haven't dived into the NiTriShapes themselves yet - but right off the bat, there's likely the culprit.

Update:

44_1 is the body, while it's 30_0 on the other side

30_1 is the spine and upper tentacles, while it's 44_0 in the second nif

and finally 35_1 is the remaining tentacles, while it is 37_0 in the other.

so they also aren't in the right order.  If you were trying the scaling using the "full" files, yeah you would have issues.   :P

I opened the regular nifs in 3ds max (I haven't used blender in a while) and they seem to be okay so far, but I've only been looking for 5 minutes.  Those files at least don't seem to have the naming issues and are closer in file size (meaning the two weight nif files are approximately the same file size).  But then they also only have the single tentacle nodes and no bodies attached.

I had a looksy at the meshes and the only thing I noticed that could be causing this is that the names of the blocks are different between the weights (what begalund said)

Other than that I don't know. I did notice a few asteroids orbiting the body mesh so maybe the game is confused by that? But if vertex count is equal it should be able to figure out what goes where....

Well, I downloaded it to give it a quick look over in nifskope and I see an immediate problem.  Specifically reviewing the two "monsterfull" files-

Sorry, I hit my head and forgot that I'm the only person who reads Readmes. The "monsterFULL" files are an older version that look good in-game, which I inculded because I didn't want to give you guys nothing after all your encouragement.

The "monster" files are the ones used by the .esp. They only have the one nitrishape because bug hunting with more than one would just be extra work for no reason. If you can find the problem there, then you can solve it for the rest. I anticipate that I'll have to remake the body parts.

*obligatory UNP request post*

Good job so far. Are you planning on doing boots or weapons?

No plans, I'm afraid. But I think the Miraak sword special effect would work well with a retexture, that's what I used in a screenshot in a previous post.

Playing around with the textures a bit I don't have the magna body so the body is invisible. 

post-25667-0-03540300-1416852045_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-73214400-1416852065_thumb.jpg

What body mod did you use as a template for the body? The reason I'm asking is because to be able to use Gerra6's clothing converter to try to convert it to a different body you need the unaltered template or something close to it to use as the from template body because if you use the body that is in the armor as the from body the clothing converter will pop those dents/smooshed spots out.

The armor looks great. Thank you for sharing.

Im assuming that probably something went wrong when you make pushed effect for the body

i paste the body data from the monsterfull _0 to monster_0 , and for the _1 as well, then compare it to the unpb_0 and _1 body ( below ones)

64554.png

64553.png

temporary Solution : pick either _0 or _1, use bodyslide to make the either _0 or _1....

ill try import this and see if there's something else that shouldnt get exported when you exported it..

Heh.

Oh boy, maybe I shouldn't have even posted my original nifskope review.  To be honest, I did read the readme (I always do), but I didn't realize that you (Dixiepig) had thrown it together just for the screenshots and hadn't planned on using that for the actual armor mod.  Now it looks like several people are following up on that line of inquiry.  So, oops!   :s

For what it is worth people, as our esteemed author has said, ignore the "monsterfull" version, and focus your reviews and investigations on the smaller "monster" files.

Archived