[WIP] Tentacle Parasite

DixiePig

Yah, I came into this not knowing what I was doing: I thought that starting with the biggest body would be best for compatibility, as converting from a small body to a large one can create ugly artifacts as the texel density is distorted.

I would like to convert to CBBE, but in order to replace the body parts successfully I would need to resolve that scaling issue. Jacques00 fixed it for the manga body (don't know how to do that with blender), but until I can find a solution it's going to be a difficult proposition that I don't currently have time for.

A lot of people have suggested using additional applications like outfit studio, which can edit meshes using some basic sculpting tools. I think this would work for most armors but the way that the tentacle armor squeezes and distorts the base body requires a more technical approach (see my post about boob sculpting).

My current idea is to take the lightweight CBBE body, create a shapekey and get it to match the heavyweight version vertex to vertex (this will be INCREDIBLY tedious) and then modify that.

I made a quick and dirty CBBE HDT conversion. I took the _1.nif file and reshaped it to the CBBE_1 body in 3DS Max. I kinda cheated with CBBE_0 and just used outfit studio to morph it to 0 weight from the 100 weight version :P

If I spend some actual time remodeling it, it can be made to fit pretty much any bodyshape; CBBE/UNP(B)/7B/etc. The Manga body only really seems to differ in the chest area. This version obviously doesn't look quite as good as your original model that's exactly shaped to the body you modeled it on, but perhaps it can be of use to people! Also, the squeezed left breast might look a bit wonky if people try to make bodyslide conversions with it!

Tentacle Armor - CBBE HDT Meshes.rar

And I was just going to say use Garra6's toolset to build a high and low, but that's just me...

(pulls pin)

So when do we get a CBBE or UNP version???

(ducks behind corner waiting for the grenade to go off).

Joking aside, this is looking better and better, keep at it....

My guess would be when we get our hands on it and do it ourselves in Outfit Studio.

Yah, I came into this not knowing what I was doing: I thought that starting with the biggest body would be best for compatibility, as converting from a small body to a large one can create ugly artifacts as the texel density is distorted.

I would like to convert to CBBE, but in order to replace the body parts successfully I would need to resolve that scaling issue. Jacques00 fixed it for the manga body (don't know how to do that with blender), but until I can find a solution it's going to be a difficult proposition that I don't currently have time for.

A lot of people have suggested using additional applications like outfit studio, which can edit meshes using some basic sculpting tools. I think this would work for most armors but the way that the tentacle armor squeezes and distorts the base body requires a more technical approach (see my post about boob sculpting).

My current idea is to take the lightweight CBBE body, create a shapekey and get it to match the heavyweight version vertex to vertex (this will be INCREDIBLY tedious) and then modify that.

The boob sculpting is what makes this armor for me. It's something that not a lot of armor makers do, and I hope that if you do make conversions to other bodies that you continue to sculpt the breasts around the tentacles.

I made a quick and dirty CBBE HDT conversion. I took the _1.nif file and reshaped it to the CBBE_1 body in 3DS Max. I kinda cheated with CBBE_0 and just used outfit studio to morph it to 0 weight from the 100 weight version :P

If I spend some actual time remodeling it, it can be made to fit pretty much any bodyshape; CBBE/UNP(B)/7B/etc. The Manga body only really seems to differ in the chest area. This version obviously doesn't look quite as good as your original model that's exactly shaped to the body you modeled it on, but perhaps it can be of use to people! Also, the squeezed left breast might look a bit wonky if people try to make bodyslide conversions with it!

i just did a test conversion using your CBBE HDT conversion the only thing i wish is that ya didn't move the right breast Tentacle (at lest i think ya moved it?) cus i could of used the outfit studios brush to give it that squished look  (i hope i got the folder path set up right) i do hope that some one can do better than i cus im a noob with this stuff i would try messing with the model but i probably would break it cus i could never warp my head around on how to model stuff

also as ya can see the Tentacle bit in the middle looks a bit messed up but meh this is mostly a test any way

aney one who try's it ya need the mane mod http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1552-tentacle-armor/

Tentacle Armor - CBBE HDT Body Slide test.rar

post-33579-0-57624000-1418188045_thumb.png

post-33579-0-63872200-1418188058_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

Update: working on CBBE version.

If I just copy the bone weight groups from a Bodyslide 2 CBBE body, it'll be compatible with Bodyslide right?

About animation, is it possible to take inspiration from this : http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53271/  ?

Good question. This is new territory for me. My impression is that the wings use a modified player skeleton. Lots of people would want wings in their game, but the specific arrangement of appendages on this thing wouldn't be useful in other contexts. Ideally the armor would have it's own skeleton which is only added to the player when it's equipped, but I've never seen anything to suggest that this is possible.

Well I think you could just require the use of the full skeleton that they do, and then just hang the appendages you want off of the wing bones in a similar fashion as the wings are arranged.  It would just take some rearrangement of the weighting and positioning I would think - not that I've played with it, but I think that's what the extra bones are there for.

Obviously you'd have a conflict preventing the player from also acquiring wings - or playing as a member of the succubus race for that matter. - but tradeoffs are tradeoffs.

Alternatively, send a message over to Groovtama - our resident skeleton expert (and current maestro/crafter/guru of the XPMSE) about what you'd want and he'd be happy to make suggestions.  

Update: (mostly) working in game.

h8AxAjW.jpg

q346vDE.jpg

There are a couple more weight-based artifacts to iron out.

My main problem at the moment it this:

ciFZbYL.jpg

The tentacle clips through the body for mid-range body weights, but is fine at the extremes. This shouldn't happen since both meshes interpolate linearly. I'd appreciate suggestions if anyone has encountered this kind of thing before.

Any chance of UNPB? ;)

Prutty please :D

Pretty pretty please with maple syrup, sugar, honey, nuts, ice cream and chocolate topping on top? XD!

So I was wondering if you have any plans on doing something with that original headpiece, because i thought it looked rather good, along with 7B, amazing work by the way

I'm afraid I'm all but burned out on this project. Fixing the body scaling problem with shape keys was meticulous work that I don't care to repeat any time soon. It should be far easier to convert from CBBE to UNPB as it's less proportionally extreme than the manga body; I will update the resource files if anyone wants to try their hand at it. Mostly I regret that I probably won't make a male version.

Update: CBBE version will be delayed due to hardware problems

My computer is currently in pieces, some of which are in a different country. I won't be able to finish this until I can get data off my hard drive and install windows, in the meantime I think I'd like to do the fun parts of another project. I'll post a new WIP thread when I have something to show.

Just a question to make it usable in regular gameplay: how can I make it of a certain material to make it work with PerMa/SkyRe?

I have no idea. I think I'm pretty good at the modelling/texturing stuff but I'm very behind on the technical skills and knowledge for actually modding Skyrim. As for comprehending what ever Skyre's creator was thinking when he made those mods, well, that way lies madness.

Update: CBBE version will be delayed due to hardware problems

My computer is currently in pieces, some of which are in a different country. I won't be able to finish this until I can get data off my hard drive and install windows, in the meantime I think I'd like to do the fun parts of another project. I'll post a new WIP thread when I have something to show.

Sucks to hear about your computer. I just had to do a complete hardware switch this past weekend too. If you're hard drive is working (And able to get into it on the original motherboard) This link was invaluable to me, all I did was do the steps and install it into the new pc. I went from ddr 2 to ddr3 and completely different motherboard, cpu, everything. Only had a couple of weird things happen. (And having to revalidate windows...)

Cleaner method to transfer hard drive to new hardware

Open an elevated command prompt and type:

%windir%\System32\Sysprep\Sysprep.exe

and hit Enter

In sysprep dialog that opens, choose System Cleanup Action as Enter System Out-of-Box-Experience (OOBE), select Generalize, select Shutdown Options Shutdown. Click OK 

yu0B7.png

Sysprep generalizes now your Windows 7 setup and shuts down your computer. Do not run any other programs during this phase. 

apwLM.png c3Pti.png

Switch the main power of your PC off and install the new hardware OR dismount the hard disk(s) and mount it (them) to a new computer Boot the PC from sysprep generalized hard disk. You will notice Windows booting as if it was the first boot after installation, installing default drivers and updating registry. One or two reboots are needed, depending on your system specifications 

When Windows finally boots up, you will need to enter all information as if this really was a new, fresh installation.

Because your old user profiles already exist, Windows does not accept your normal username, but instead you have to create a new temporary user. I use username Test for this purpose.

When login screen appears, choose your old user account to login

Windows boots now to default OOBE first boot desktop, with default 800*600 resolution and default theme. All your installed applications are there, as well as your old user profiles and folders. Windows has installed the default drivers for your setup, you can update them if needed.

Go to Control Panel > User Accounts and delete the temporary user account (in this case Test) that you just created.

Note: You may or may not have to re-activate Windows, and reactivation may or may not be successful depending on your type of Windows license.

Apologies about the wacked out spoiler post. The copy/paste isn't behaving... But that's all you need to follow in that link. If you can get your computer booted.  :(

Just a question to make it usable in regular gameplay: how can I make it of a certain material to make it work with PerMa/SkyRe?

I have no idea. I think I'm pretty good at the modelling/texturing stuff but I'm very behind on the technical skills and knowledge for actually modding Skyrim. As for comprehending what ever Skyre's creator was thinking when he made those mods, well, that way lies madness.

I just managed to make it light armor. I left the weight untouched and gave it similar armor rating to dragonscale armor (so you can use it later in the game).

I'm now looking to make it upgradeable and craftable. I'm a noob and never did this, but could share it as soon as I manage to do it.

Edit:

EXwTkrn.jpg

Light Armor

Base armor rating: 38

Weight: 5

Value: 1250

Crafting ingredients: 5 Leather, 5 Leather strips, 3 Spider eggs, 1 Filled black soul gem to give life to these items.

Tempering recipe: 1 Leather

Required perks: none, displayed under "dragon" items. If it's enchanted, you'll need the arcane smithing perk.

Heavy Armor

Base armor rating: 43

Weight: 32

Value: 2000

Crafting ingredients: 7 Leather, 7 Leather strips, 5 Spider eggs, 1 Filled black soul gem to give life to these items.

Tempering recipe: 1 Leather

Required perks: none, displayed under "dragon" items. If it's enchanted, you'll need the arcane smithing perk.

The armor values are perfect without PerMa. I'll find a way to make it work with it. Thank you very much DixiePig for this mod!

I just put some .rar with only the .esp file, so you can install it after you install the armor for whatever body, or just an updated one and still have the heavy/light armor variations.

TentacleArmor - Heavy.rar

TentacleArmor - Light.rar

TentacleArmor - Heavy esp file.rar

TentacleArmor - Light esp file.rar

I just managed to make it light armor. I left the weight untouched and gave it similar armor rating to dragonscale armor (so you can use it later in the game).

I'm now looking to make it upgradeable and craftable. I'm a noob and never did this, but could share it as soon as I manage to do it.

Sounds great!

Forgot to put the files, check my previous post. Now we can finally have the light, heavy and clothing version of it  :D

If I forgot to put the edited version or something, just tell me. I expect to have fucked something up :/

Edit: I just made some science, I think you just have to go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\SkyProc Patchers\T3nd0_PatchusMaximus\PMxml", open Armor.xml in notepad++ (or whatever you use), and add those following lines there (in the corresponding section):

This goes below "<!-- Default material_Bindings start -->". As you can see I'm using dragonscale/dragonbone materials for it. This way the patcher will give it that quality and give it an higher armor rating. I suggest you to place it under the dragonscale/dragonbone items so it will be all sorted by material.

<binding>
			<identifier>Dragonscale</identifier>
			<substring>Tentacle Armor</substring>
		</binding> 

This goes in "<!-- Dragonscale Material Listings start -->

<!-- Bindings allowed: DragonscaleLow, Dragonscale, DragonscaleHigh -->"
		<armor_material>
			<armorBase>38</armorBase>
			<identifier>DPTentacleArmor</identifier>
			<type>LIGHT</type>
			<materialMeltdown>LEATHER</materialMeltdown>
			<materialTemper>LEATHER</materialTemper>
		</armor_material>

Or

<armor_material>
			<armorBase>43</armorBase>
			<identifier>DPTentacleArmor</identifier>
			<type>HEAVY</type>
			<materialMeltdown>LEATHER</materialMeltdown>
			<materialTemper>LEATHER</materialTemper>
		</armor_material>

I'll just point out you only need one of these two, depending if you've got the light or the heavy armor version. Don't forget to run the patcher after that!

Sorry for the block of text.

Edit again: It worked.

So how this could be a parasite?

Would be good to implement in devious series also devious loot.

It could grow on you. It could force you to have sex:

somebody could make for example a dialogue set which would lead to sex, if the player clicks on them(like your parasite take over...You have to fall on your knees and give a blowjob to this guard. Etc.)

Even better, if the parasite would be on you, it could 'force' to start a sexlab scene with some npc as the parasite took over...

Another idea:

Make ar least 3 new models with smaller shorter parasite, for example the first could be just a little tentacle hanging out from the vagina, second would be a bit bigger but still not wrapped around the body, and the last could be fully grown(overgrown?) parasite.

It could be scripted or it could be on timer like the pregnancy mods, and the parasite could grow with time/or with certain conditions. It could give stronger/more adverse effects.

What do you think?

It could work based on the same system as pregnancy mods or apropos(certain conditions fulfilled----move to the next stage(next model, stronger effects)

So how this could be a parasite?

It could grow on you. It could force you to have sex:

somebody could make for example a dialogue set which would lead to sex, if the player clicks on them(like your parasite take over...You have to fall on your knees and give a blowjob to this guard. Etc.)

Even better, if the parasite would be on you, it could 'force' to start a sexlab scene with some npc as the parasite took over...

Another idea:

Make ar least 3 new models with smaller shorter parasite, for example the first could be just a little tentacle hanging out from the vagina, second would be a bit bigger but still not wrapped around the body, and the last could be fully grown(overgrown?) parasite.

It could be scripted or it could be on timer like the pregnancy mods, and the parasite could grow with time/or with certain conditions. It could give stronger/more adverse effects.

What do you think?

It could work based on the same system as pregnancy mods or apropos(certain conditions fulfilled----move to the next stage(next model, stronger effects)

This idea is great, but would probably take a lot of work.

Maybe even a brief quest that ends up with the parasite on you.

Most DD mods require any model to have both CBBE and UNPB support before it's included. For Cursed Loot, I don't consider lack of UNPB a dealbreaker anymore as this body doesn't seem to be widely used these days, but I am not going to put in anything unless it's got at least CBBE Bodyslide support. If that becomes available, I'd be delighted to put it in. :)

Most DD mods require any model to have both CBBE and UNPB support before it's included. For Cursed Loot, I don't consider lack of UNPB a dealbreaker anymore as this body doesn't seem to be widely used these days, but I am not going to put in anything unless it's got at least CBBE Bodyslide support. If that becomes available, I'd be delighted to put it in. :)

UNPB is widely used by me because I cant work bodyslide and get something that I like the look of...lol :P

Archived