[Outdated] PlayerSlave 06202011

By the way: At the moment the gag seems to be worn without the mouth being open what looks pretty weird. Is there some way to fix that so the mouth actually is open while the gag is in there?

And it would be nice if the walking animation would support BBB too so you have some bouncing to do on the long run. ;)

Hehe.. sure thing.. I had a few more ideas.. Not too much work for you actually.. I was thinking of writing up a short story based on this.. to keep people happy a  little while longer while they wait. Let me know if you want it from the Slaver's perspective or the PC and how explicit you want it. Maybe i cud do dialogue too if thats something you need help with.  Also.. if you could point out some place where i could learn how to make simple object mods for oblivion i was thinking of making some portraits and books and stuff like i said earlier. Then perhaps you could simply add it to your mod and wont have to worry about this extra stuff. Also.. i read in here somewhere that there should be perhaps audio for the PC. Reacting to whips and stuff. Well, i hav SHIT tons of bdsm vids so if u cud giv me a basic dialogue option i can try to put together a soundset for playerslave specifically and u cud add it as an option for ppl. Dont knw how much of this i can actually do but since i hurt my back i'm pretty much laid up. So i'll try and do whatever i can. Keep up the work. :D

Sooo.. some more ideas crept in.. In order to add more replayability to the game u cud add an "end date". Basically, if pc master hasnt killed her yet and she hasnt escaped then there cud be an event that wud allow the pc after 'N' number of days to either escape or.. return to the slavers like a good lil slave. For eg- u'v been bought by this mistress and she and her son(if u wanna add incest) train u until u hav a child or watever and then a fire or uprising in the house of the current master kills them all. Now u can make the choice of whether to be free by meeting Vovikran(random name) the freedom fighter and together u cud find all ur stuff(i think it gets put in a lil sack whr u get caught) and then u can continue oblivion... OR go back to the slavers and try out new masters. Oh and i thot of something else. Would it be possible to make one of the buyers Martin Septim? Think about it! They're searching for you and finally one day they have news... The hero of kvatch is apparently being sold as a slave and Martin driven by lust or watever decides to buy his very own SLAVE HERO! U cud even add some more lines to his dialogue.. that way when ur doing the main quest he cud every now and then make u do something humiliating or watever! I mean.. as long as this doesnt break anything.. Coz the npc's are very heavily scripted so u'd have to prgram around that.. BUT IT WOULD BE AWESOME!! I really need to sleep... Well.. lemme knw! :D

By the way: At the moment the gag seems to be worn without the mouth being open what looks pretty weird. Is there some way to fix that so the mouth actually is open while the gag is in there?

That would interest me too. I know it was possible in Fallout 3 but how about Oblivion ?

Dacryphilia - Considering your game crashes when the slaver draws his mace...I would guess that Frans leveled items might cause it BUT I run a full FCOM set up and don't run into that problem.  It might be the Frans Optional files or the enchantment fix mod (since the mace does have an enchantment). I noticed that while you have the unofficial shivering isles patch installed you don't have the unofficial oblivion patch installed.  I would put that patch in first and see what happens.  If that doesn't work I would try turning off one by one your mods, starting with the ones I mentioned above. 

If after turning off mods one by one and it still doesn't work...its probably a missing dependency that isn't known.  You'll will need to get TES4Edit an run it to check for errors and conflicts.  If you get ALOT of errors its usually something was missing that the mod needed when it was made.  (I discovered this when I tried the mod without Shivering Isles installed.)  Good luck and tell us how it goes.

This mod sounds really really awesome, but whenever the slaver leads me to the buy/sell place, (which takes forever) the girl he is supposed to sell me to has no head... and dialogue is never started. :|

Probably a weird issue, but I have all of the required things.

I believe CrowningIsle has an animation which fixes the mouth open for a gag. Galgat could help ThomThom out there.

That would interest me too. I know it was possible in Fallout 3 but how about Oblivion ?

It's way harder in oblivion' date=' as far as I know.  In fallout it's possible to use the in-engine facial animations that are for automatic lip syncing, but I've never seen anything like that for oblivion, even though it's the same engine with the same lip sync technology.  What you can do, however, is "bake" facial animations into another animation, forcing the face to use another shape while playing that animation.

I've never tried it, but assuming that it's true it wouldn't be very easy.  To accomplish it, thomthom would have to pose the mouth open in all his anims and bake.  For every single animation, individually.

I believe CrowningIsle has an animation which fixes the mouth open for a gag. Galgat could help ThomThom out there.

If so, more power to Galgat and I hope that it's something that thomthom can do without too much trouble.

Tehflyer - Wendoyln, the auction house owner is a bloodwitch which is from Modular Beautiful People.  You have both MBP 1.4.1 AND MBP ++ .92 or higher?  Its two separate mods, the second is an expansion of the first.  If you do then I would use TES4Edit and run it and take a look at Wendolyn's entry.  Make sure the file paths listed for her head actually exist in your Oblivion data folder.  Might be simple enough to reinstall MBP and MBP++ to see if that fixes the problem.

Tehflyer - Wendoyln' date=' the auction house owner is a bloodwitch which is from Modular Beautiful People.  You have both MBP 1.4.1 AND MBP ++ .92 or higher?  Its two separate mods, the second is an expansion of the first.  If you do then I would use TES4Edit and run it and take a look at Wendolyn's entry.  Make sure the file paths listed for her head actually exist in your Oblivion data folder.  Might be simple enough to reinstall MBP and MBP++ to see if that fixes the problem.

[/quote']

I don't have those specific versions of MBP and MBP++, where do I find them?

And it would be nice if the walking animation would support BBB too so you have some bouncing to do on the long run. ;)

Yes I had already worked with the open mouth thing a bit already.

http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index.php/Facial_expressions_in_animations

Essentially the characters just say "OOOOH" all of the time.

Dacryphilia - Considering your game crashes when the slaver draws his mace...I would guess that Frans leveled items might cause it BUT I run a full FCOM set up and don't run into that problem.  It might be the Frans Optional files or the enchantment fix mod (since the mace does have an enchantment).

I actually play/develop with a full FCOM+Frans' date=' etc. So it shouldnt be a conflict in there. But if anyone finds out what the cause it I would be curious to know.

Rather zen in a way.

I never thought about the deeper meaning of the inescapable loop. To digress into a more meta-gaming type discussion, lets talk about the implications of the player being enslaved. I can assure you the player that there will be moments of tedium, leading up to moments of reward. The interactions of the player with the game will be limited, after all, hasn't the character of the player consigned themselves to give up their choices and become a passive party in the game? So I have been thinking and working on the cases for player interaction, and in regards to the discussion for an "end", I don't think we can ever really put an end date on any of the activities. The stories and situations are to sit on top of the framework of a large scripted mod (over 88+ scripts and 3500+ lines), so hopefully, if someone doesn't care for the story being told, they will be free to make their own.

P.S. Later tonight I will be posting an update to the original post with the current work log, etc, etc.

I never thought about the deeper meaning of the inescapable loop. To digress into a more meta-gaming type discussion' date=' lets talk about the implications of the player being enslaved. I can assure you the player that there will be moments of tedium, leading up to moments of reward. The interactions of the player with the game will be limited, after all, hasn't the character of the player consigned themselves to give up their choices and become a passive party in the game? So I have been thinking and working on the cases for player interaction, and in regards to the discussion for an \"end\", I don't think we can ever really put an end date on any of the activities. The stories and situations are to sit on top of the framework of a large scripted mod (over 88+ scripts and 3500+ lines), so hopefully, if someone doesn't care for the story being told, they will be free to make their own.

[/quote']

I guess there is going to be a lot of different expectations for this. I'm happy to hear that the framework will be extendable so we can tailor the stories to our own desires. But for the sake of discussion, I'll put my own preferences for the 'endgame' out here.

What excites me about this mod is the lack of control and watching the story unfold with my character as an unwilling but helpless participant. As such, my character won't really 'consign herself to give up her choices' etc. Or rather; the moment she does the story loses appeal, and I'd rather see it fade to black epilogue style with a suitable text about how she never did escape her life as a sex slave.

In fact, my preference is for the possible enslavement stories is to have them be like Bad Endings of adventure games, with the exciting part being not knowing when it will happen, or exactly how and what will happen this time. The random elements and the chance to escape (however tiny it may be) keeps it fresh and exciting. Once we're past the point where I can make choices (to attempt escape or resist) and no more random elements remain, I would love to see an epilogue text and then reload from my last good save exactly as other bad ends from vanilla oblivion (dying or not beating the timer on plot essential quests etc.)

The teaser of this mod had elements I really liked (the chance to get caught, stripped, chained and dragged off to be sold), as well as things I wasn't so interested in (a buyer intended to simulate a master training a slave to obedience - or at least that's where I thought it was intended to go). I'm liking a lot of the announced changes (e.g. slaver camp spots with random events, more buyers, etc.), and I certainly understand the interest in expanding the current buyer with a full slave training game (even if I don't share the interest at all). I guess what I'm hoping is just that we can have definitive endings on some of the branches the game can follow after the slaver catches you. If you're really feeling gratuitous, having an option to disable or turn the 'non-endings' (like the slave training minigame) into endings (e.g. by adding an epilogue text and force load) would be totally awesome ;D

Anyway, just my humble opinion. Keep up the good work regardless, it's great to hear of any progress and I'm very much looking forward to trying the next release. :)

Well, the obvious difference here is that you don't have to start over; you can simply reload your latest pre-enslave save just like if you had simply been killed in combat or failed an important quest. There isn't much hassle in that, and not much lost either since you aren't acquiring gear, experience or advancing any quests while enslaved.

I think the problem with escape is that if it is certain or easy enough to count on, the thrill of being caught will vanish. On the other hand, if escape is difficult or random enough to keep that thrill, you will most likely reload anyway (unless perpetually playing the slave training or similar non-ending minigame is what you actually want).

I think ideally that there will be opportunities to eventually escape, perhaps little steps here and there like finding a secret hiding spot, finding and swiping useful items like a lock pick, rations, clothing, etc..., figuring out the schedule of the owner and/or guards, use some seduction, etc...some of these steps might be dangerous and could result in harsh punishment, perhaps leaving a condition that makes it more difficult to escape later.  A disobedient slave who constantly tries to escape might eventually be sold or killed.  So bad ends might only be there if the character would have normally died, or perhaps there is a message box pop up that gives the player the choice, play out the life of a slave with the possibility of escape, or just play an epilogue (with different possibilities depending on who enslaved the character) and reload the game.

So for those that want total loss of control, don't fight, let it happen, be a good little slavegirl (or boy :) )and be quiet and follow orders, accept your fate and revel in it, and see what happens. 

For those that want a chance to change their fate, take the risk and fight, be sneaky, be seductive, try to keep your sanity and not loose your sense of self, take the chance for freedom or turn the tables on your captors, but at great risk...of being changed into the thing, the property, the piece of meat, that you might become, of being maimed or killed, or perhaps a worse fate (and likely reloading).

And for those that just want to try again, when the mod reaches certain points (being defeated and captured, being sold to the trainer, being auctioned off) then there is the option of accepting the "Bad End" and reloading.

What I am hoping for (and I think Thomthom is shooting for this) is for PlayerSlave to be generic enough to support other modders to create their own slavers and/or buyers and add them into the slaver community.  So that they would show up at the auction with the possibility of buying the character and take them back to their domicile and what happens is based on genetic slaver settings/statistics like compassion, cruelty, sadism, lust, etc...or simply more variety to the bad ends. 

What I am hoping for (and I think Thomthom is shooting for this) is for PlayerSlave to be generic enough to support other modders to create their own slavers and/or buyers and add them into the slaver community.  So that they would show up at the auction with the possibility of buying the character and take them back to their domicile and what happens is based on genetic slaver settings/statistics like compassion' date=' cruelty, sadism, lust, etc...or simply more variety to the bad ends.

[/quote']

I think you hit the nail on the head. Well, and tell my own little story in the process. :)