[Outdated] PlayerSlave 06202011

I find this goblin discussion amusing, if only for the fact that in my early work on the auction scripts, the "invite to auction" code for NPCs did not discriminate about if the target really was a non-evil NPC. So at one test I had a group of goblins show up in the auction house and start raising hell on the other guests. :D The goblins lost, but who knows what they would have done had they won....

I've tried out this mod a few days ago, and I have to say, it's looking promising so far. Good work :)

I'll add to the choir suggesting more buyers. I'm not so much into the whole slave training thing, but some noble buying my character and keeping her around as sex toy, using restraints and force in place of obedience training would appeal to me a lot. Some of the other buyers suggested so far would also be good. Realistic or not, the goblin ending (lead to their cave, leashed somewhere to be used for a few days until they run out of rats in their pen, then roasted) would be great too.

Another suggestion would be to add a little randomness or unpredictability to getting caught. I love the uncertain feeling of knowing that at any time, a slaver could show up and seal my fate. Slavers starting at pre-determined places takes the element or surprise and danger somewhat out of it.

Also, while it is a lot of fun to watch your helpless character's fate unfold with no say in it, once it's played out I'll probably be loading my last save instead of starting a new character. If the slavers are completely pre-determined, I'd have to jump through hoops to recover from that savegame without being caught the same spot.

If I knew the first thing about modding, I might have tried my hand at helping, but sadly I don't :(

by the way thomthom' date=' how you doing?

[/quote']

Aside from my work-coding responsibilities eating up all my good free time, things are moving along. I am not sure when I will have the next release ready, as I keep pushing more and more stuff in.

Tonight I put the finishing touches on the auction quest scripts that allows the player to potentially be sold to a random NPC anywhere in the world. It all depends on how much gold they bring. The system is pretty basic still, but it works. Essentially, the NPCs are selected to attend in a method very similar to how LoversEncounter works. I limit the amount of NPCs able to attend to 12 for performance and clutter issues. On every Saturday, an auction is held in the sub basement hall of the auction house and the NPCs take their seats and then bid up tot he maximum they can afford. I have found that for lower level characters the NPCs tend not to have much cash (In the levelled list) so they never reach the default reserve limit of 100. So the player is rarely sold until the right, wealthy, NPCs show up. I still want to put together a few animations for bidding, right now I am using the simple MageGuildSalute (folded hands and a nod). The branding stuff I was working on isnt part of this yet, I won't be releasing without it.

I have added in a few new locations, trainers, slavers, etc around the world to spice things up for variety.

I have the whole ChainIt pack integrated into my mod, with the animations being driven by activators and furniture bits rather than just forcing poses.

Also, over the weekend I finished the arbitrary target selection code for training devices/mounts/locations. So what this means is by adding devices to a cell the trainers will become aware of them around the world. The end result is, even though there is only one auction hall right now, no matter where you and your trainer are located, you will make the journey to the closest one. This reduces the total amount of packages and scripts needed to add new content significantly.

MtM has been hacking away at making the collar follow scripts even more amazing, so those are working well.

I suppose I could get more done quicker if I didnt keep trying to turn the scripting language into a proper programming language. (I really need polymorphism and inheritance in my objects and NPCs). The ultimate feature for me right now is if I could figure out a way to get a ref to an object using a string in a script, like Java style object reflection. So I suppose I am also trying to keep myself from getting sidetracked into hacking a OBSE plugin I feel I need to do a proper job in this mod.

I also started messing with a bit of horse cart scripts. I don't know if they will make it in, but I like the idea of having cage carts being pulled by horses around the world. Or for those of you that might prefer it, the player pulling the cart...

So yeah.. I guess i've been busy :D

by the way thomthom' date=' how you doing?

[/quote']

dude, you amaze me, I can't wait :D

Aside from my work-coding responsibilities eating up all my good free time, things are moving along. I am not sure when I will have the next release ready, as I keep pushing more and more stuff in.

Tonight I put the finishing touches on the auction quest scripts that allows the player to potentially be sold to a random NPC anywhere in the world. It all depends on how much gold they bring. The system is pretty basic still, but it works. Essentially, the NPCs are selected to attend in a method very similar to how LoversEncounter works. I limit the amount of NPCs able to attend to 12 for performance and clutter issues. On every Saturday, an auction is held in the sub basement hall of the auction house and the NPCs take their seats and then bid up tot he maximum they can afford. I have found that for lower level characters the NPCs tend not to have much cash (In the levelled list) so they never reach the default reserve limit of 100. So the player is rarely sold until the right, wealthy, NPCs show up. I still want to put together a few animations for bidding, right now I am using the simple MageGuildSalute (folded hands and a nod). The branding stuff I was working on isnt part of this yet, I won't be releasing without it.

I have added in a few new locations, trainers, slavers, etc around the world to spice things up for variety.

I have the whole ChainIt pack integrated into my mod, with the animations being driven by activators and furniture bits rather than just forcing poses.

Also, over the weekend I finished the arbitrary target selection code for training devices/mounts/locations. So what this means is by adding devices to a cell the trainers will become aware of them around the world. The end result is, even though there is only one auction hall right now, no matter where you and your trainer are located, you will make the journey to the closest one. This reduces the total amount of packages and scripts needed to add new content significantly.

MtM has been hacking away at making the collar follow scripts even more amazing, so those are working well.

I suppose I could get more done quicker if I didnt keep trying to turn the scripting language into a proper programming language. (I really need polymorphism and inheritance in my objects and NPCs). The ultimate feature for me right now is if I could figure out a way to get a ref to an object using a string in a script, like Java style object reflection. So I suppose I am also trying to keep myself from getting sidetracked into hacking a OBSE plugin I feel I need to do a proper job in this mod.

I also started messing with a bit of horse cart scripts. I don't know if they will make it in, but I like the idea of having cage carts being pulled by horses around the world. Or for those of you that might prefer it, the player pulling the cart...

So yeah.. I guess i've been busy :D

This really does sound like the best mod ever.  I can only imagine all of the time spent animating, and you're still doing more, not to mention some of the most impressive-sounding scripting I've ever heard of.  I'm going to be that guy, though, and ask what happens when NPCs from the entire world get killed in transit in the wilderness?

thomthom here the cart model' date=' can it is useful!

http://depositfiles.com/files/nloqfpspd

There are bits about that cart that are pretty cool, but I hate the seat and foot rest portion of that thing. They really do not mix well with the rest of that model.

Its an awesome concept though, and it wouldnt take much to turn that into a chariot, or at least replace the seat and foot rest with a better design that stick out so much.

I have a problem with this mod. When I am captured' date=' the slaver is leading me away. But not to Chorrol, he is leading me to Elsweyr! I just run in to the invisible wall.

[/quote']

This is actually a bug in how the world-wide pathgrid seems to work. I am working on fixing it in one of two ways, not sure which is best yet. Opinions or alternates are welcome.

1. Build a waypoint-camp system for slavers. Thus keeping their destinations shorter, and allowing for the earlier discussed "camp" scenes. I think I have the algorithim for this worked out and it fits well with my arbitrary marker and distance scripts.

2. Keep slavers to a limited active area. Each slaver would only operate in a given perimeter, and would need a Slave market inside their perimeter as a destination. i.e. Chorrol Slavers work only around chorrol and go to the chorrol auction house, Bruma slavers work around bruma and use the bruma auction house.

3. Do both of the above, although odds are you would never get caught by Bruma slavers in Bravil.

4. Just teleport with no long march (This is the bad answer, don't choose this one)

P.S. Also, since I tend to be more of a scripter than a mod maker, I still have lots to learn about the CS. But does anyone know of a good map or resource for figuring out which cells are where in the wilderness? Right now I am going to an exterior cell I know and then following the roads to find the wilderness spot I need.

thomthom here the cart model' date=' can it is useful!

http://depositfiles.com/files/nloqfpspd

There are bits about that cart that are pretty cool, but I hate the seat and foot rest portion of that thing. They really do not mix well with the rest of that model.

Its an awesome concept though, and it wouldnt take much to turn that into a chariot, or at least replace the seat and foot rest with a better design that stick out so much.

What problems change as you want and show the variant!

And in general children give more actively, can at whom there are models,

Let's help the author with its work.

Opinions or alternates are welcome.

1. Build a waypoint-camp system for slavers.

2. Keep slavers to a limited active area.

3. Do both of the above' date=' although odds are you would never get caught by Bruma slavers in Bravil.

4. Just teleport with no long march (This is the bad answer, don't choose this one)

[/quote']

I like the idea in option #1. There are also lots and lots of camps around the landscape, often only populated by a noname bandit or two. Perhaps it would even be possible to expropriate these camps for slavers and camp scenes. It would also make it possible to run into slavers almost anywhere, I like that too.

I'd be concerned about #2; If I understand it right, limiting each slaver to a city and it's vicinity means they can make it back to the city and catch you 100% of the time if you e.g. spend the night at an inn. It could get difficult to get anything done in those cities without deliberately fast-travelling in, being quick about it and fast travelling out.

I wouldn't want to choose #4 as such, but if they do catch up with the player a looong way from the auction site, a little bit of timeskip+teleporting might be a good idea; say you're sleeping at an Inn somewhere far away, you wake up as the slaver catches you, and has his way with you. Then you black out, and next you wake is naked & chained in a slaver camp a reasonable distance from the town & auction house. From here, the slaver gags you and takes you on the humiliating walk to the auction house.

This way you get to keep the walk while also using teleporting to get within a reasonable distance and avoid pathing issues from certain locations.

Just my 2 cents. Looking forward to see what you come up with, keep up the good work :)

P.S. Also' date=' since I tend to be more of a scripter than a mod maker, I still have lots to learn about the CS. But does anyone know of a good map or resource for figuring out which cells are where in the wilderness? Right now I am going to an exterior cell I know and then following the roads to find the wilderness spot I need.

[/quote']

Mabey this helps...

http://www.baldurdash.org/TESOblivion/UOPCellAudit.jpg

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5703

I vote for option "3"

My load order:

Oblivion.esm

beautiful people 2ch-ed.esm

Lovers with PK.esm

DLCShivering.....esp

"an armor".esp

"an armor".esp

LoversFSE.esp

loversadultplayplusforSSP

loversjoburg <-not activated

lovers with PK

SP1stPlegs

beautiful people 2ch-ed..........

loversAnimpriority

loversanimobectspriority

ZMCplayersslave

LoversLandE_hud <-not activated

LoversCrowningisle <-not activated

"an armor"

LoversMB2

LoversRapersGalgat

loverslandEv2 <-not activated

lovers truecrimeEX

and is there a way to copy the load order to text file?

I vote for option \"3\"

My load order:

Oblivion.esm

beautiful people 2ch-ed.esm

Lovers with PK.esm

DLCShivering.....esp

\"an armor\".esp

\"an armor\".esp

LoversFSE.esp

loversadultplayplusforSSP

loversjoburg <-not activated

lovers with PK

SP1stPlegs

loversAnimpriority

loversanimobectspriority

ZMCplayersslave

LoversLandE_hud <-not activated

LoversCrowningisle <-not activated

\"an armor\"

LoversMB2

LoversRapersGalgat

loverslandEv2 <-not activated

lovers truecrimeEX

and is there a way to copy the load order to text file?

In OBMM, click on the button on the right side of the screen that says "View Load Order".

:)