Sexlab Aroused Redux December 05 2016

Children that are asleep, should be ignored, like the homeless one in Whiterun she sleeps right outside, and behind the inn.(who I have adopted so she is no longer on the streets at night) Or if you have plans with the caretaker for the one who runs the orphanage (after killing Grandle the kind or what ever her name is...)

The children are on a timer to enter the inns, and are there only for a little while then leave for the rest of the night till the next night.

Day time in the cities, yes, the kids will run all over the place, but after dark, they vacate the cities and go home to sleep. So in essence, it's like putting a timer on it for when it will be available.

You can make day time move faster with console command set timescale to 100, then when night hits, set timescale to 1, so the nights last far longer, and the kids remain in bed longer too. (get timescale should tell you what your default is.)

Arousal itself shouldn't be giving values to children and it doesn't. The mere presence of children should not be affecting Arousal at all with the singular exception of starting to masturbate via holding the arousal key down.

Beyond that it is the responsibility of the other mods to exclude children and/or child infested areas though frankly if they are close the worst thing that happens is you get the "You're naked" or "Naked! Naked! Naked!" comment.

Putting a lot of code into handling a rare and easily avoidable situation is a waste of time IMO.

That is a valid point. However, using the Arousal Widget, did show children with arousal rates, so there is a mod or 2 out there that changes the children, who might not even know about these mods at all.

If you have aroused children then it is the fault of some other mod that has removed the flags that identify children, that will always be the fault of the mod removing the flags and not the sex mods. The rule of thumb is that Sex mods are always incompatible with any mod that removes or fails to add the Child flags on children. Those flags are there for a reason.

Sorry to head off topic a bit here, but I am curious how Aroused handles NPCs that are not around the PC.   The first time you meet them the arousal is set to something random-ish? I presume that when they are out of the active area they just are not updated at all.  What happens when you come back to them, they just at whatever you left them at, randomly assigned something random-ish or is some effect applied based on how long it has been?

This has probably be discussed, but a lot of the mechanics related posts have kinda gone over my head.

Arousal is basically made up of 2 components:

1. Exposure: This is a number that goes up whenever you see a naked person (or, if you are an exhibitionist, whenever a person sees you naked). This will only change for the NPCs in your direct vicinity. When they are out of range or in another area, this number doesn't change.

2. Change over time: this is a function based on the timerate of the person, and how long it has been since they had sex. Basically, your hornyness changes over time. This will continue for NPCs even when you are not around them. How fast it changes over time depends on the person's timerate, which goes up if you have a lot of sex, and down when you don't. In other words, someone who usually has a lot of sex will get horny faster than someone who rarely has sex.

The arousal is the sum of these 2 values. Since the second component changes even when an NPC is not rendered or scanned, that means that if you don't meet and NPC for some time, their arousal will be different the next time you meet again.

Arousal is basically made up of 2 components:

1. Exposure: This is a number that goes up whenever you see a naked person (or, if you are an exhibitionist, whenever a person sees you naked). This will only change for the NPCs in your direct vicinity. When they are out of range or in another area, this number doesn't change.

2. Change over time: this is a function based on the timerate of the person, and how long it has been since they had sex. Basically, your hornyness changes over time. This will continue for NPCs even when you are not around them. How fast it changes over time depends on the person's timerate, which goes up if you have a lot of sex, and down when you don't. In other words, someone who usually has a lot of sex will get horny faster than someone who rarely has sex.

The arousal is the sum of these 2 values. Since the second component changes even when an NPC is not rendered or scanned, that means that if you don't meet and NPC for some time, their arousal will be different the next time you meet again.

Exposure I think I understand, Time Rate I am am kinda fuzzy on still I think.  Basically how often does someone need to have an orgasm (that is the only way to increase Time Rate, right?) so that the overall change to Arousal is positive?  In my goofing around with the system the random town NPCs seem to go frigid rather rapidly.

Changing Time Rate in the Puppet Master menu doesn't seem to work.

The time rate is tracked for each actor that arousal is tracked for, it's an individual value between 0 and 100 that can be different for each NPC and changes over time. You can find the value for yourself and the sexlab target on the Status page in the MCM menu. For the boring math and relevance of config options look here:

You start with a default of 10.0. An orgasm will add 5.0 to the timerate of an actor (this is an option in the MCM menu, time rate change, so you can play with that value). This value is stored together with the time whenever the actor orgasms. The current timerate is then calculated as:

CurrentTimerate = StoredTimerate * ( 1.5 ^ ( -DaysSinceLastOrgasm / TimeRateHalfLife ) )

TimeRateHalfLife by default is 2.0, but you can change that value too in the MCM menu. So let's say some actor has a stored time rate of 10.0, that means that after 1 day it's 8.2, after 2 days it's 6.7, after 3 days it's 5.4, then 4.4 after 4 days, anyway you can do the math, it converges to 0 but it goes down slower and slower the longer ago the last orgasm was, so even after 10 days it's still at 1.3.

Given the time rate, the current arousal is then calculated as:

Arousal = (DaysSinceLastOrgasm * CurrentTimerate) + Exposure

The interesting effect is that DaysSinceLastOrgasm increases linearly but the Timerate has a half life, so it decreases as an exponential. Assuming that the Timerate after the last orgasm was 10.0, this means that this "(DaysSinceLastOrgasm * Timerate)" component initially shoots up fast from 0 to 8 on the first day to 13 on the 2nd day and 16 on the 3rd day, flattens out at 18 on the 5th day and then starts a slow decline to 13 on the 10th day.

If you are talking about a prostitute having done several clients in a row, and doing so on repeated nights, their timerate will be much higher and their arousal will shoot up to 100 and stay there for a long time very quickly after having sex. If on the other hand it is a regular citizen who you never have sex with, it is likely to be in the low single digits and will stay there unless you involve them in sexual activities.

The interesting effect is that DaysSinceLastOrgasm increases linearly but the Timerate has a half life, so it decreases as an exponential. Assuming that the Timerate after the last orgasm was 10.0, this means that this "(DaysSinceLastOrgasm * Timerate)" component initially shoots up fast from 0 to 8 on the first day to 13 on the 2nd day and 16 on the 3rd day, flattens out at 18 on the 5th day and then starts a slow decline to 13 on the 10th day.

If you are talking about a prostitute having done several clients in a row, and doing so on repeated nights, their timerate will be much higher and their arousal will shoot up to 100 and stay there for a long time very quickly after having sex. If on the other hand it is a regular citizen who you never have sex with, it is likely to be in the low single digits and will stay there unless you involve them in sexual activities.

If zero counts as low single digits, yes.  The oddness comes from Days since last orgasm is being multiplied by TIme Rate, and multiplying by zero (ok, not zero, 0.001247 in the case of the NPC I am looking at right now). 

May be beyond the scope of this mod (I assume this is the same with the basic Aroused mod), but it seems like there should be a floor to this that is above zero.  Working from the assumption that the 20-40 range is "normal" given the names of the buffs/debuffs.

If zero counts as low single digits, yes.  The oddness comes from Days since last orgasm is being multiplied by TIme Rate, and multiplying by zero (ok, not zero, 0.001247 in the case of the NPC I am looking at right now). 

May be beyond the scope of this mod (I assume this is the same with the basic Aroused mod), but it seems like there should be a floor to this that is above zero.  Working from the assumption that the 20-40 range is "normal" given the names of the buffs/debuffs.

There is still the exposure component. A single evening at an Inn with one or 2 naked people will easily push that to 20+, so a 20-40 arousal is perfectly normal and quickly achieveable even if timerate is 0.

Maybe you should put a few more scantily clad barmaidens in your skyrim. If you only make your NPCs work, sleep and eat, you can hardly expect them to get very horny can you? I mean, 0.001247 is 33 days without sex (I had to extend my spreadsheet for that :P), those poor deprived NPCs! SLA only keeps track of the arousal, it doesn't provide any 'action', and if you don't either then you end up with a skyrim full of pretty frigid people.

Once you do get the action going (and keep it going), those who get a lot of it will end up with a higher timerate.

There is still the exposure component. A single evening at an Inn with one or 2 naked people will easily push that to 20+, so a 20-40 arousal is perfectly normal and quickly achieveable even if timerate is 0.

Maybe you should put a few more scantily clad barmaidens in your skyrim. If you only make your NPCs work, sleep and eat, you can hardly expect them to get very horny can you? I mean, 0.001247 is 33 days without sex (I had to extend my spreadsheet for that :P), those poor deprived NPCs! SLA only keeps track of the arousal, it doesn't provide any 'action', and if you don't either then you end up with a skyrim full of pretty frigid people.

Once you do get the action going (and keep it going), those who get a lot of it will end up with a higher timerate.

Yeah, that is back to my first question, I don't think I have been standing around in town for 33 days, but I can't be positive.  So I was asking if arousal goes down, but not up (because they can't "see" anything when I am not in town)?  Whiterun is fun and all, but there is more then one town in Skyrim.

BTW, Thank you for taking the time to reply to me.

That is a valid point. However, using the Arousal Widget, did show children with arousal rates, so there is a mod or 2 out there that changes the children, who might not even know about these mods at all.

Sounds like you are using a very old version of the SLA Monitor Widget. The older versions did not actively exclude children but just checked membership of the sla_Arousal faction. The later versions will not show children even if they are in the sla_Arousal faction. Note that you would have to have a third mod installed that adds the children to the sla_Arousal faction in the first place to see them on the widget, as neither SLA nor SLAM Widget will do that (or perhaps a mod that removes the IsChild flag).

Also note that regardless of children being present in the sla_Arousal faction, this would still not lead to sex with kids as SL simply doesn't allow any animation of child NPCs.

Children that are asleep, should be ignored, like the homeless one in Whiterun she sleeps right outside, and behind the inn.(who I have adopted so she is no longer on the streets at night) Or if you have plans with the caretaker for the one who runs the orphanage (after killing Grandle the kind or what ever her name is...)

The children are on a timer to enter the inns, and are there only for a little while then leave for the rest of the night till the next night.

Day time in the cities, yes, the kids will run all over the place, but after dark, they vacate the cities and go home to sleep. So in essence, it's like putting a timer on it for when it will be available.

You can make day time move faster with console command set timescale to 100, then when night hits, set timescale to 1, so the nights last far longer, and the kids remain in bed longer too. (get timescale should tell you what your default is.)

Arousal itself shouldn't be giving values to children and it doesn't. The mere presence of children should not be affecting Arousal at all with the singular exception of starting to masturbate via holding the arousal key down.

Beyond that it is the responsibility of the other mods to exclude children and/or child infested areas though frankly if they are close the worst thing that happens is you get the "You're naked" or "Naked! Naked! Naked!" comment.

Putting a lot of code into handling a rare and easily avoidable situation is a waste of time IMO.

If you have aroused children then it is the fault of some other mod that has removed the flags that identify children, that will always be the fault of the mod removing the flags and not the sex mods. The rule of thumb is that Sex mods are always incompatible with any mod that removes or fails to add the Child flags on children. Those flags are there for a reason.

Update : Tracked the mod to RS children, changes the flags of the children, and since removed the mod, trying to only use the skeleton of the RS Children, to allow BF's children to wear armors correctly, but not knowing what I am doing, is rather slow going.

Update : Tracked the mod to RS children, changes the flags of the children, and since removed the mod, trying to only use the skeleton of the RS Children, to allow BF's children to wear armors correctly, but not knowing what I am doing, is rather slow going.

Just a thought: it might be a LOT faster to open RS children in the CK and simply add back the Child flag to all the children. If you sort the Actors by voice type or race you can easily find all the children in the list and toggling the flag back on would only be a matter of minutes. I don't know RS children and what it does, but for example if it makes children be able to be follower, or if it makes them able to fight and die, you might lose that functionality when you add the flag back, but it wouldn't take much time to try it anyway.

Yeah, that is back to my first question, I don't think I have been standing around in town for 33 days, but I can't be positive.  So I was asking if arousal goes down, but not up (because they can't "see" anything when I am not in town)?  Whiterun is fun and all, but there is more then one town in Skyrim.

BTW, Thank you for taking the time to reply to me.

Based on what you are saying, I suspect you should just increase your timerate halflife setting. That will have 2 effects:

1. it will make (Timerate * DaysSinceLastOrgasm) peak longer after the last orgasm

2. it will make (Timerate * DaysSinceLastOrgasm) peak higher

This graph should help, it shows Timerate * DaysSinceLastOrgasm for the first 100 days after orgasm, for different settings of Timerate Halflife.

post-424489-0-97527700-1425728026_thumb.png

Based on what you are saying, I suspect you should just increase your timerate halflife setting. That will have 2 effects:

1. it will make (Timerate * DaysSinceLastOrgasm) peak longer after the last orgasm

This graph should help, it shows Timerate * DaysSinceLastOrgasm for the first 100 days after orgasm, for different settings of Timerate Halflife.

Thank you very much for the graph!  I do plan on giving a 4 day setting a spin, though I suspect that the higher peak may cause other problems.

Can you check if the option to change the Time Rate for individuals in the puppet master submenu of Aroused Redux works for you?  It doesn't seem to do anything to NPCs for me.

Just a thought: it might be a LOT faster to open RS children in the CK and simply add back the Child flag to all the children. If you sort the Actors by voice type or race you can easily find all the children in the list and toggling the flag back on would only be a matter of minutes. I don't know RS children and what it does, but for example if it makes children be able to be follower, or if it makes them able to fight and die, you might lose that functionality when you add the flag back, but it wouldn't take much time to try it anyway.

They put a lot of work into the mod, that is for sure,

It's purpose is to make it so that children have variations, like Everybody's Different mod (only effects adults). And there are 2 main versions, one that makes children into a playable race, and one that does not. I have my own custom race I use, so I chose the one that does not. It also makes it so that all children can wear armors, clothes, and accessories that are listed for adults only.

As for the flags, I am thinking it is a script of some sort, that changes all children, as even custom children from other mods, that bring more life to the game were changed as well, and any child born by Being Female was also changed. A conflict arouse very quickly tho, the kids started asking every time I casted a spell,"oh you are a wizard, can you make me invisible?" even the BF born children, and none of the kids slept while you were around, and every interior made it so you could not wait nor sleep, as you were being asked to leave, Those that were asleep when you entered an area instantly woke and asked you to leave, no mater the relationship rank with the parents. (basically it was better to just remove the mod since I generally end up playing as an assassin for the Dark brotherhood.)

Thank you very much for the graph!  I do plan on giving a 4 day setting a spin, though I suspect that the higher peak may cause other problems.

Can you check if the option to change the Time Rate for individuals in the puppet master submenu of Aroused Redux works for you?  It doesn't seem to do anything to NPCs for me.

I never use the puppet master page settings so I can't help you with that, however they probably change the stored Timerate, and if it was 30 days ago they last had sex, that would still make the current timerate 0. The point is if you don't have sex with an NPC (or make them have sex with another NPC) frequently, their arousal is always going to be completely dependent on exposure. The only way to keep the timerate component above 0 is by having regular sex.

You're probably thinking of Timerate the wrong way, you shouldn't see it as a component of normal everyday arousal, that is what exposure is for. The timerate part is more something like sexual addiction. 0-10 is the normal, healthy value. If it's above 10 on a regular basis, it means the actor is a sex addicted needy slut who is virtually always aroused.

I never use the puppet master page settings so I can't help you with that, however they probably change the stored Timerate, and if it was 30 days ago they last had sex, that would still make the current timerate 0. The point is if you don't have sex with an NPC (or make them have sex with another NPC) frequently, their arousal is always going to be completely dependent on exposure. The only way to keep the timerate component above 0 is by having regular sex.

You're probably thinking of Timerate the wrong way, you shouldn't see it as a component of normal everyday arousal, that is what exposure is for. The timerate part is more something like sexual addiction. 0-10 is the normal, healthy value. If it's above 10 on a regular basis, it means the actor is a sex addicted needy slut who is virtually always aroused.

Thanks so much for helping answer these questions.  I sometimes only get here once a day and I think you know more about this mod than I do.

Thanks again.

Thanks so much for helping answer these questions.  I sometimes only get here once a day and I think you know more about this mod than I do.

Thanks again.

No problem, I'm a game mechanics fetishist with a maths background, I actually enjoy figuring these things out ;)

Mildly amusing that the one Fishburger67 picked to quote was the one you were not sure on.

Indeed the Timerate MCM control does seem to change the StoredTimerate, rather then the CurrentTimerate number that is displayed in the MCM as Timerate, mucking with NPCs that have seen more action give numbers that are close to the formula you mentioned earlier.

Mildly amusing that the one Fishburger67 picked to quote was the one you were not sure on.

Your assumption is dead wrong.  I picked that one because BeamerMiasma has been answering lots of questions on this thread and I was thanking him.  The math is pretty straight forward and I have posted it more than once in the past.

Simply increasing the decay isn't really a solution.  While that may solve the problem of towns that are rarely visited, you then end up with the problem of the PC/Followers (and towns that are frequently visited) capping off at 100 much more easily.  Which isn't a terribly optimal solution.  Particularly because it isn't something you can tune on an individual basis.  I'd be inclined to argue that a timerate floor calculated based on overall arousal/timerate at the time of orgasm, with a long (20 day?) halflife may be a better option.  (i.e. something like 2% of pre-orgasm arousal or 10% of post orgasm time rate, whichever is higher.)

Another option I think I'd like to see would be the option to set a (lower) cap on time rate, and/or be able to lock it (and not just arousal) per character.

I do have a question about exposure though.  It could just be the time I've set between polls is too long, (or I've reduced the length of sex acts too much) but it feels like it's per incident, and not over time.  So a single exposure is only increasing arousal by 10 or so, even with it cranked to the max.  So a single exposure isn't really doing all that much.  (Even with hydra slaves, or whatever it is that adds various slaves all over the place, it's hard to ramp up arousal via exposure.  (Possibly some of the bindings prevent them from being considered naked?  I guess if you target them, go into the custom armor option, if any armor shows up on them at all then they aren't being considered nude?)

I'd also be inclined to argue that, if possible, exposure to an actual sex act should be far more impactful than exposure to somebody whose just standing around undressed.

Simply increasing the decay isn't really a solution.  While that may solve the problem of towns that are rarely visited, you then end up with the problem of the PC/Followers (and towns that are frequently visited) capping off at 100 much more easily.  Which isn't a terribly optimal solution.  Particularly because it isn't something you can tune on an individual basis.  I'd be inclined to argue that a timerate floor calculated based on overall arousal/timerate at the time of orgasm, with a long (20 day?) halflife may be a better option.  (i.e. something like 2% of pre-orgasm arousal or 10% of post orgasm time rate, whichever is higher.)

Another option I think I'd like to see would be the option to set a (lower) cap on time rate, and/or be able to lock it (and not just arousal) per character.

Changing anything in SLA that significantly changes the way it works will be like pulling hens teeth.  This mod is so widely used that you have to get a consensus of the mod authors and user before you can do much.  If you have a look back at this thread, you will see the huge diversity of opinions on changing arousal when children are present which in my view initially was pretty much a no brainer until I read what other people had to say about it.

So a single exposure isn't really doing all that much.  (Even with hydra slaves, or whatever it is that adds various slaves all over the place, it's hard to ramp up arousal via exposure.

Get Sex Slaves and go into the palace (where there are like 6 or 8 naked girls) with the scan set to 30 seconds.  Your arousal is almost constantly jumping between say 10 and 90 because your slaves are continually raping you.

or I've reduced the length of sex acts too muc

Your arousal is reduced by an amount based on the length of time spent in the sex act, so if you space bar through it, or use animations of a short length, the arousal reduction is significantly less.

1.  As long as you add *options* to change the behavior, nobody has any cause to complain as long as the default settings for the new options leaves arousal functioning as it previously did.  If they don't want that modification, they just don't enable it.  (P.S.  I think the idea of not updating anybodies arousal when children are near is a flagrantly *bad* idea.  Some people likely have more children than others.  I have Hentai Pregnancy + Children/soulgems.  Lots of kids running around.  Many chilling in the Inn.  If children froze arousal, I practically may as well just uninstall this mod.  But would I mind if you added it as an option?  Nope.  I just wouldn't turn it on.)

So, add an option for timerate floor: x% of arousal, x% of timerate.  With default values of 0.  (and yes, halflife days for it should also be an adjustable option.  Though that one could be 20 by default without changing existing behavior.

And, of course, the max for timerate should simply become an option defaulting to 100.  (the current max)

2.  The arousal reduction is fine.  It's the spectator increase that seems to be slow.  If it really does a full "repoll" per tick, then maybe I just need to make it update more frequently.  (that, or perhaps the mod should be modified such that the max exposure setting is higher than 10.  One puts more stress on papyrus, the other doesn't.  That said, I probably need to make sure my polling interval isn't longer than the length of the sex acts themselves... may be likely for the sex act to take place entirely between polls.)

Another question.  The original mod mentions that NPC<->NPC naked arousal (presumably exposure increase due to nudity) is unreliable.  Is that still true for redux?  That could explain it, as that's primarily what I care about.

(Incidentally, if the range in which characters are being tested is only 50 feet/same cell, I'm wondering whether an LOS check for NPC<->NPC is terribly worthwhile.  I mean, sure it's realistic, but LOS tests are typically somewhat expensive, not to mention it means you have to test each actor's LOS vs every nude actor.  Seems like ditching that check, or at least adding an option to, may be a pretty good optimization that would allow some people to reduce the time between polls.)

1.  As long as you add *options* to change the behavior, nobody has any cause to complain as long as the default settings for the new options leaves arousal functioning as it previously did.  If they don't want that modification, they just don't enable it.  (P.S.  I think the idea of not updating anybodies arousal when children are near is a flagrantly *bad* idea.  Some people likely have more children than others.  I have Hentai Pregnancy + Children/soulgems.  Lots of kids running around.  Many chilling in the Inn.  If children froze arousal, I practically may as well just uninstall this mod.  But would I mind if you added it as an option?  Nope.  I just wouldn't turn it on.)

So, add an option for timerate floor: x% of arousal, x% of timerate.  With default values of 0.  (and yes, halflife days for it should also be an adjustable option.  Though that one could be 20 by default without changing existing behavior.

And, of course, the max for timerate should simply become an option defaulting to 100.  (the current max)

2.  The arousal reduction is fine.  It's the spectator increase that seems to be slow.  If it really does a full "repoll" per tick, then maybe I just need to make it update more frequently.  (that, or perhaps the mod should be modified such that the max exposure setting is higher than 10.  One puts more stress on papyrus, the other doesn't.  That said, I probably need to make sure my polling interval isn't longer than the length of the sex acts themselves... may be likely for the sex act to take place entirely between polls.)

Another question.  The original mod mentions that NPC<->NPC naked arousal (presumably exposure increase due to nudity) is unreliable.  Is that still true for redux?  That could explain it, as that's primarily what I care about.

(Incidentally, if the range in which characters are being tested is only 50 feet/same cell, I'm wondering whether an LOS check for NPC<->NPC is terribly worthwhile.  I mean, sure it's realistic, but LOS tests are typically somewhat expensive, not to mention it means you have to test each actor's LOS vs every nude actor (n^2).  Seems like ditching that check, or at least adding an option to, may be a pretty good optimization that would allow some people to reduce the time between polls.)

Consider this, in your factors of Arousal on/off, for when children are around, if you are using a mod that accesses current data of arousal, and you walk into a place that has several people, get all their arousal up, go in, activate the polling skip, they all remain at that arousal level, for things like prostitution mods, making it that you can hang out with them doing the nasty, and getting paid and not having to wait as long for the next client's arousal to jump up, also with it set to not update when children are around, it could actively save the papyrus script times, and you could swap for when you actually need it active, if you have children fallowing you ;) like I do with Being Female.

I have to agree about the LOS aspect, tho realistic, is resource heavy for crowded areas, would be fine if there were just a couple NPCs floating around. but when you get upwards of 10+, it might cause some performance hits (more noticeable on older machines).

Consider this, in your factors of Arousal on/off, for when children are around, if you are using a mod that accesses current data of arousal, and you walk into a place that has several people, get all their arousal up, go in, activate the polling skip, they all remain at that arousal level, for things like prostitution mods, making it that you can hang out with them doing the nasty, and getting paid and not having to wait as long for the next client's arousal to jump up, also with it set to not update when children are around, it could actively save the papyrus script times, and you could swap for when you actually need it active, if you have children fallowing you ;) like I do with Being Female.

I'd assume the decrease from orgasm isn't handled by polling, so it would still drop from sex even with children in the area.  That said, If you want to do this, you can just lock the arousal on them via the menu.

I'd assume the decrease from orgasm isn't handled by polling, so it would still drop from sex even with children in the area.  That said, If you want to do this, you can just lock the arousal on them via the menu.

I actually don't use any of the prostitution mods, and it was just a thought to toss at you.

You are right about this.  Decrease of arousal happens by getting a callback from Sexlab when the orgasm happens.