Sexout Intimacy

On 6/28/2019 at 7:27 AM, Kaiden69 said:

I know this mod is a framework, and the dialogue/quest mods are stated to be test mods... but are there actually any non-test mods that use this framework? I like the concept laid out in the dialogue mod, though it is kinda confusing at first.

Not that I know of.  Primarily because by the time it reached a state that could be utilized, most of the authoring community had moved on.  It is quite simple to use, but accounts for so many complexities that it can be intimidating.

The basic method is something like:

- Create dialog.

- Condition the dialog.

- Alter variables in the dialog results.

There's not a whole lot more to it than that.  It was designed for authors who know how to do those three things, and not much else.

6 hours ago, DanDan50 said:

Great mod OP, having fun with it on a playthrough at the moment.

Question of curiosity, what's the difference between an NPC's "lust" and "PCSOlust" (as in, the console outputting "fnSOISSetDlgAdjust:.....")?

SOLust is from SOSpunk.

• 2 weeks later...

Still enjoying this - I've had it on through around a 70 hour playthrough. Question though: how does one progress a character from a lover to a partner/spouse? I've enabled spouse as a max level of intimacy via the console for Cass. Does it come through sex acts? Do I need to wine and dine her? Are there variables like morality that affect an NPC's proclivity towards more serious relationships? Thanks

3 hours ago, DanDan50 said:

Still enjoying this - I've had it on through around a 70 hour playthrough. Question though: how does one progress a character from a lover to a partner/spouse? I've enabled spouse as a max level of intimacy via the console for Cass. Does it come through sex acts? Do I need to wine and dine her? Are there variables like morality that affect an NPC's proclivity towards more serious relationships? Thanks

First, I'm not sure what you mean by 'enabled max level of intimacy via the console'.  What specific variable did you set?

Second, commitment can display as an option in many different interactions.  It's mainly centered around Devotion.  Devotion is the mode acquired when the meter 'SOI:Mtr:Love' is higher than the attribute 'SOI:Atr:Heart'.  Love is connected to MANY other meters.  Things like attraction, respect, infidelity, disposition, aggravation, etc.  The big one is 'SOI:Mtr:Trust'.

Since there are so many possible types of personalities, I can't really give you a 'do x for y result' answer.  I can say this.  That if they trust, respect, and love the PC, there should be no problem getting a commitment out of them on any level.

That is, granted the 'SOI:Atr:CommitLmt' attribute isn't restricting them.  However, this can also increase through interactions as well.  They may not be willing to commit at first but may be later.  Which I believe is tied to 'SOI:Mtr:Conviction' if I remember correctly.

EDIT:  Opinions also play a role.  Yes, sex can lead to commitment.  Some NPCs may even require a commitment before they'll even entertain the idea of sex (rare).  But, if the NPC thinks the PC is just a piece of ass, they will be far less likely to acquire trust.  Especially if they think the PC is a prostitute.

Hey T, I did find what I think is a bug? When doing activities, sometimes when giving the requested type of item: food, drinks, ect...sometimes I'll get the message "Something from nothing leaves nothing.", even though I definitely had given the item. It doesn't happen very often, but often enough that I figured it might be worth mentioning.

Also, can partners or spouses follow/stalk the PC? Only asking, because in this current playthrough, my partner decided to follow me everywhere. Caves, buildings, on murder sprees (and helping), apparently watching my PC sleep...I didn't know if that was an actual part of the mod or if the packaging spazzed out and caused it. It didn't show any errors, and everything was processing as normal, according to the debug. I did do an activity-just hang out-with another NPC that was sweet on mine, and right after my partner decided to follow me everywhere. My PC has behaved and hasn't done anything with any other NPC, aside for hanging out occasionally. I wasn't sure if it was a "partner is suspicious and is keeping an eye on things", or if it was just an amusing error.

6 hours ago, dark_lotus said:

Hey T, I did find what I think is a bug? When doing activities, sometimes when giving the requested type of item: food, drinks, ect...sometimes I'll get the message "Something from nothing leaves nothing.", even though I definitely had given the item. It doesn't happen very often, but often enough that I figured it might be worth mentioning.

Also, can partners or spouses follow/stalk the PC? Only asking, because in this current playthrough, my partner decided to follow me everywhere. Caves, buildings, on murder sprees (and helping), apparently watching my PC sleep...I didn't know if that was an actual part of the mod or if the packaging spazzed out and caused it. It didn't show any errors, and everything was processing as normal, according to the debug. I did do an activity-just hang out-with another NPC that was sweet on mine, and right after my partner decided to follow me everywhere. My PC has behaved and hasn't done anything with any other NPC, aside for hanging out occasionally. I wasn't sure if it was a "partner is suspicious and is keeping an eye on things", or if it was just an amusing error.

Without a debug dump there's not much I can do except guess.  Package debug should give clues to both of these.  Though the debug would need to be initiated before the follow behavior happened, not after.

Also, if you try to trade items that aren't accounted for in the items lists it won't work.  For example: This mod has no way of knowing that a drink item from another mod is a drink.  Doing trades at lightning speed could also cause timing issues (the item is removed before the scripts register it).

You could try to reset their packaging by setting 'SOI:Act:Reset' to 2.  Which should reset and clear all packaging.  Yes, commitment NPCs can stalk, but if they follow you through cells as you describe then that's follow behavior.

On 7/16/2019 at 1:30 AM, t3589 said:

First, I'm not sure what you mean by 'enabled max level of intimacy via the console'.  What specific variable did you set?

Second, commitment can display as an option in many different interactions.  It's mainly centered around Devotion.  Devotion is the mode acquired when the meter 'SOI:Mtr:Love' is higher than the attribute 'SOI:Atr:Heart'.  Love is connected to MANY other meters.  Things like attraction, respect, infidelity, disposition, aggravation, etc.  The big one is 'SOI:Mtr:Trust'.

Since there are so many possible types of personalities, I can't really give you a 'do x for y result' answer.  I can say this.  That if they trust, respect, and love the PC, there should be no problem getting a commitment out of them on any level.

That is, granted the 'SOI:Atr:CommitLmt' attribute isn't restricting them.  However, this can also increase through interactions as well.  They may not be willing to commit at first but may be later.  Which I believe is tied to 'SOI:Mtr:Conviction' if I remember correctly.

EDIT:  Opinions also play a role.  Yes, sex can lead to commitment.  Some NPCs may even require a commitment before they'll even entertain the idea of sex (rare).  But, if the NPC thinks the PC is just a piece of ass, they will be far less likely to acquire trust.  Especially if they think the PC is a prostitute.

Hi, thanks, sorry I wasn't clear. Yeah it's the SOI:Atr:CommitLmt I set to 4 so there isn't a limit.

I get "Devotion" from Cass now, but she still greets me as "Lover" rather than partner or spouse.

Should an option present at my end to become a partner/spouse, or do I wait on them to suggest the idea?

2 hours ago, DanDan50 said:

Hi, thanks, sorry I wasn't clear. Yeah it's the SOI:Atr:CommitLmt I set to 4 so there isn't a limit.

I get "Devotion" from Cass now, but she still greets me as "Lover" rather than partner or spouse.

Should an option present at my end to become a partner/spouse, or do I wait on them to suggest the idea?

[Commitment] is what you're looking for.  They can also ask, but only if the PC is not incognito (granted devoted and trusting both return true).

1. How does one edit the banned list? I understand that you've painstakingly disabled problem NPCs, but I'd like to know how to test some anyway.

2. Most new and modified characters function properly, but for others I only get [Exit] when bringing up the NPC manager. Is this caused by certain flags, and is there a way to brute-force including an NPC through console or something?

Sorry if these have been answered already, I'm notoriously bad at performing searches. Your work is much appreciated.

21 hours ago, kirlrik said:

1. How does one edit the banned list? I understand that you've painstakingly disabled problem NPCs, but I'd like to know how to test some anyway.

2. Most new and modified characters function properly, but for others I only get [Exit] when bringing up the NPC manager. Is this caused by certain flags, and is there a way to brute-force including an NPC through console or something?

Sorry if these have been answered already, I'm notoriously bad at performing searches. Your work is much appreciated.

The NPCs in the banned list will not work under any circumstance.  That's why they are banned.

Non-persistent NPCs are excluded from processing (not banned).  These will always break over time, though they might seem to work at first.

Other NPCs are temporarily 'restricted' until certain quests are completed (not banned).  Which NPCs specifically?

I was wondering about the slaves at The Fort, specifically. They're the ones that only give me the [Exit] option in the manager. I figured it was because they were modified by New Vegas Redesigned 3, though as far as I can tell, they aren't using a custom race. I set up and tried running "bat slave.txt" to try and force inclusion, as I noticed earlier that doing so will automatically add an NPC to the matrix, but no luck.

5 hours ago, kirlrik said:

I was wondering about the slaves at The Fort, specifically. They're the ones that only give me the [Exit] option in the manager. I figured it was because they were modified by New Vegas Redesigned 3, though as far as I can tell, they aren't using a custom race. I set up and tried running "bat slave.txt" to try and force inclusion, as I noticed earlier that doing so will automatically add an NPC to the matrix, but no luck.

They're probably non-persistent NPCs (spawn from leveled lists).  If you have the JIP LN NVSE plugin installed, you could try:

'SetPersistent 1'

If I remember correctly, I don't think that function works in the console.  It might only work in scripts (not sure).  If that's the case you could try adding it to your bat file and see if it sets them to persistent.  The other dialog options should show up if it works.  Though you might have to wait a minute for the system to pick up on it.

I'm not sure how it will effect your game.  That's the only option I can think of other than going into the geck and creating persistent NPCs or adding a script that sets that flag using the JIP function.

SetPersistent 1 lets me add and interact with them, but after the first chat, the hotkey ceases to work on all NPCs until I force restart SOI. I didn't test whether all tracking and automation stops, but I'm guessing that's the case. Not gonna bother troubleshooting any more for now, plenty of functional NPCs to play with instead.

I forgot to ask - do you have any idea why SOI is causing a microstutter every ~2 seconds? I tried disabling other frameworks such as spunk and starting a new character, but it persists even when there are zero inclusions. I will test a barebones load order later, as it could just be a memory issue or general plugin limit fuckery (I'm hovering around 110). I've been dealing with it by pausing liberally. If I'm understanding correctly, a long period between interactions will result in more substantial gains than if you were to just spam them over and over, right?. Am I missing out on that by being paused in between visits, or does it try its best to "catch up" based on how much time has lapsed during the pause?

On 7/27/2019 at 6:58 PM, kirlrik said:

SetPersistent 1 lets me add and interact with them, but after the first chat, the hotkey ceases to work on all NPCs until I force restart SOI. I didn't test whether all tracking and automation stops, but I'm guessing that's the case. Not gonna bother troubleshooting any more for now, plenty of functional NPCs to play with instead.

I forgot to ask - do you have any idea why SOI is causing a microstutter every ~2 seconds? I tried disabling other frameworks such as spunk and starting a new character, but it persists even when there are zero inclusions. I will test a barebones load order later, as it could just be a memory issue or general plugin limit fuckery (I'm hovering around 110). I've been dealing with it by pausing liberally. If I'm understanding correctly, a long period between interactions will result in more substantial gains than if you were to just spam them over and over, right?. Am I missing out on that by being paused in between visits, or does it try its best to "catch up" based on how much time has lapsed during the pause?

SOI is VERY script intensive.  It pushes the limits to what the game can handle.  That being said, I'm going to upload a test version to the second post here soon.  I've made some adjustments to processing that might mitigate this to some degree.  However, I expect when the PC enters an area with lots of NPCs to process there will still be some bumps.

I've just started a new game and I am working on testing a pregnancy feature.  I haven't gotten very far yet, so I don't know how well the changes will help later in the game.  So far, my game is running smoothly enough without SOPregnancy or SOSpunk.

If I remove processing for all excluded NPCs it would probably improve the situation tremendously.  Which I might do, but then the virtue system will be removed with it.  I also plan on stripping out SOPregnancy and SOSpunk tracking eventually, if I can get the pregnancy feature to where I'd like it to be (which should also help a bit).

As to your question, tracking resets on a daily basis.  The test dialog gives a certain number of 'gains' dialog options per day.  When those are exhausted you won't get any gains for them until the next game day.  So no, pausing shouldn't effect anything reallly.

My experience with persistent npcs is exactly that - it does not work via console. In a while, they will have been replaced. 

It's a little annoying when you go around naming random NPCs and 3 days later they are reborn as "Novac settler" ?

I wanted to ask about the fetishes - I've started seeing them after encounters. Do they do anything? Veronica just blurted out "cuckold fetish" and I thought I'd spice things up by inviting someone else to the room, but naturally 'Public' pops up when I try to start the act. Is there any way to progress with this?

Also, is there any option to invite another partner when you're already in the "following" stage with another? I've noticed quite often you can be in the following stage and then someone else comes on with "advance" and it would be interesting if you could play them against each other with jealousy or engage with both of them or have a "join us" option - reactions from the original party could range from agreement, disgust, etc.

Oh, and one last thing - I have found in different relationships that when the other person has a grievance with you, it's almost impossible to overcome. For example, unfaithful - it I select love - the response is unfaithful. Everything else works normally, and the relationship is as it was before, but if I select that option, that always comes up. Arguing, apologising, gifting, ignoring - it all leads to the same, which is the same prompt again if I select that option. Is there any way to "fix" or salvave these relationships? Do the different options actually lead anywhere?

Thanks!

What exactly is the purpose of gifts? Are they acts of bribery for some, or just others being nice? Sometimes, the first interaction between a new npc and my pc, is they approach and offer gifts. I'm not sure how that's supposed to be interpreted. Is it to encourage my PC to focus on them? Kinda like "Hey, I can provide for you, look at all the stuff I can offer. Pay attention to me and not that other guy." or is it more like "I gave you stuff, now bend over?" The motivation is a bit hard to decode sometimes, and I was curious to what factored into them giving gifts.

4 hours ago, ChancellorKremlin said:

My experience with persistent npcs is exactly that - it does not work via console. In a while, they will have been replaced. 

It's a little annoying when you go around naming random NPCs and 3 days later they are reborn as "Novac settler" ?

I wanted to ask about the fetishes - I've started seeing them after encounters. Do they do anything? Veronica just blurted out "cuckold fetish" and I thought I'd spice things up by inviting someone else to the room, but naturally 'Public' pops up when I try to start the act. Is there any way to progress with this?

Also, is there any option to invite another partner when you're already in the "following" stage with another? I've noticed quite often you can be in the following stage and then someone else comes on with "advance" and it would be interesting if you could play them against each other with jealousy or engage with both of them or have a "join us" option - reactions from the original party could range from agreement, disgust, etc.

Oh, and one last thing - I have found in different relationships that when the other person has a grievance with you, it's almost impossible to overcome. For example, unfaithful - it I select love - the response is unfaithful. Everything else works normally, and the relationship is as it was before, but if I select that option, that always comes up. Arguing, apologising, gifting, ignoring - it all leads to the same, which is the same prompt again if I select that option. Is there any way to "fix" or salvave these relationships? Do the different options actually lead anywhere?

Thanks!

Cuckold still needs to be worked into groups.  Currently it should allow the PC to get away with getting caught flirting with/screwing another NPC (no tension/infidelity).  It should also clear any infidelity they already have.  Though it should probably also clear the cheat opinion.  I'll need to add that if you're talking about the same NPC.

The 'join us' option is [Group].  If it doesn't show up, then one of them isn't into it.  Probably because I haven't added the cuck fetish to groups yet in this case.

When you chose [Argue] they must return [Unfaithful], then the deny option is there.  So it's just a matter of luck really.  The argue dialog is heavily stacked, so I might need to split it up into different types of arguements.

The cheat opinion is kind of just something they remember, not something that continuously affects the relationship.  It only affects things when the PC steps out of line.  A sort of multiplier to negative gains that is only triggered by subsequent bad behavior.

It's like when your wife gets mad and brings up that one thing from 20 years ago to beat you over the head with. lol

Thanks for the feedback!

On 7/31/2019 at 6:31 PM, dark_lotus said:

What exactly is the purpose of gifts? Are they acts of bribery for some, or just others being nice? Sometimes, the first interaction between a new npc and my pc, is they approach and offer gifts. I'm not sure how that's supposed to be interpreted. Is it to encourage my PC to focus on them? Kinda like "Hey, I can provide for you, look at all the stuff I can offer. Pay attention to me and not that other guy." or is it more like "I gave you stuff, now bend over?" The motivation is a bit hard to decode sometimes, and I was curious to what factored into them giving gifts.

For the player it's a way to acquire gains, and relieve tension/aggravation.  For the NPC it can range in motivation as you've described.  The best way to determine the NPCs motives is by their behaviors.

If they express [Fondness/Devoted], it's probably just because they like the PC.  If they're agitated due to a competing suitor, it's probably competitive.   If they're steady trying to get into the PCs pants, it's probably that.

Remember it's just test dialog.  If someone created real dialog it could be stated more clearly.

Test copies uploaded to the second post.

Framework Changes:

- Pregnancy options in the control terminal.

- Pregnancy is still WIP (incomplete).

- Pregnancy is disabled by default.

- Reworked script delays for stutter.

Dialog Changes:

- Requires the mainfile in the second post (won't work with the downloads version).

- Moved opinion related arguements to [Debate].

- Added a 'group' fetish.

Awseome work T, and thanks for the update!

I'm getting more and more interested in the larger group mechanics, like with love triangles. Right now I've been hooking up with Chet and Veronica, and I brought Veronica to Chet's store (she has the cuckold fetish) and I just want to see how these interactions play out. I've noticed some NPCs "talk" to each other, but I'm never sure what's being said. Could you explain a little more how NPCs interact with one another? Do they communicate or tell others to back off, become friends, lovers, or anything along those lines? It would be interesting if NPCs could also flirt with one another, or if they could cheat on you and you could catch them at it too.

The relationships, I've gotten to [Devoted] status, is that the maximum? Is there any way to marry? Also, what does the 'Nightcap - Motel' option do? I've seen it appear a few times in dialogue but I don't know what to do/where to go from there.

Thanks for still chipping away at this dude, I love your work ❤️

12 hours ago, ChancellorKremlin said:

Awseome work T, and thanks for the update!

I'm getting more and more interested in the larger group mechanics, like with love triangles. Right now I've been hooking up with Chet and Veronica, and I brought Veronica to Chet's store (she has the cuckold fetish) and I just want to see how these interactions play out. I've noticed some NPCs "talk" to each other, but I'm never sure what's being said. Could you explain a little more how NPCs interact with one another? Do they communicate or tell others to back off, become friends, lovers, or anything along those lines? It would be interesting if NPCs could also flirt with one another, or if they could cheat on you and you could catch them at it too.

The relationships, I've gotten to [Devoted] status, is that the maximum? Is there any way to marry? Also, what does the 'Nightcap - Motel' option do? I've seen it appear a few times in dialogue but I don't know what to do/where to go from there.

Thanks for still chipping away at this dude, I love your work ❤️

There's a good chance Veronica will become aroused if she catches the PC with Chet.  The problem is, Chet will probably want privacy unless he has the exhibitionist fetish.

The interactions between NPCs is strictly implied for several reasons.  I could make them talk to one another.  They actually did in a previous version of the mod (pre-alpha).

The problem is that the dialog requires a sound file of an appropriate length in order for the text to display on screen.  If it's too short, the text flashes so quickly that it's unreadable.  If it's too long the NPCs get stuck talking which interupts processing.

I didn't feel like creating custom empty sound files for every variation of dialog, so I ditched it.  There might be a way to work out a 'Fuz Ro D-oh' type method, but it would still interfere with processing.

Currently if they are at odds you'll likely see a 'So and so doesn't like so and so' type message displayed.  You will also catch them checking one another out with the same message used for the PC if they are attracted. 'So and so is staring at so and so's legs', etc.

I remember one test session where Trudy and the Settler at the end of the bar kept going back and forth.  'GoodSprings Settler is staring at Trudy's legs!'.  But Trudy would come back with 'Trudy doesn't like Goodsprings Settler!'.  This went on for several minutes. lol  I guess he was kind of creeping her out.

In that example, the Settler didn't pay much attention to my female PC because he was fixated on Trudy.  My PC had to actively compete for his attention.  If Trudy had returned the sentiment, it would have been very difficult to advance a relationship with either of them.  So yeah, they definitely interact (in an implied sense).

The problem with having them actively cheat on the PC, is that Sexout can't begin offscreen.  I've toyed with the idea of having them be nude, and then putting clothes on when the PC enters.  I might be able to do that at some point.

I'm getting ready to upload another copy here shortly.  I've added the exhibitionist fetish to sex dialog, so they shouldn't ask for privacy if they have it.  The PC will still be able to have them follow for privacy, but it may cause the PC trouble with [Decency] and/or rumors if they aren't careful.

The [Commitment] option only shows up when the NPC has acquired the Devoted and Trusting modes.  The motel option is to go back to the motel.  Similar to [Invite Home].

So I'm getting ready to test out your new pregnancy mod, and before I start, would it be best to disable spunk and the other pregnancy mod, or is there any dependencies between your mod and those two? I know it's a brand new WIP, but just wanted to make sure there's nothing else running that may interfere with it. Also, does your pregnancy mod interact-or going to- with your Intimacy mod? I remember way back when you first started your Intimacy mod, you mentioned something along the lines of incorporating the Bubspots pregnancy tests and being able to inform the PCs partner about it. Just curious if that's still something that may be incorporated? So far so good on the newest test run of your Intimacy mod. So is [Disposition] just being friendly and, of course, raising an NPCs disposition of the PC? I'm just wondering, because in this test run so far, it almost immediately triggers rumors about the PC. Amusingly, the [Lesbian] rumor pops up the most. No clothing is tagged with it, so I didn't know for sure if I've been inadvertently playing my PC that way, just by being friendly.