Computer Suddently turn off

Marals

I everybody

I have a big problem related to Devious Device.

It's the second time on two games that my computer complitly turn off while wearing a Device (each time i had the armbridged but i'm not sure this is the problem), the first time for a quest, the second time during SD+

Is it normal? What can it be? What can i do to fix this problem?

Thank everybody for your help and patience.

Guest carywinton

Well before someone jumps down your throat for not including this or providing that, I will try to give you some idea of what folks will be wanting in a post asking for assistance. Gee maybe I should write a tutorial on how to effectively make a post and get help, naaa.

1: Provide the "load order" of the mods you are using in the game.

2: Give some system specification's, CPU, RAM, Video Card, Operating System, etc.

3: Where were you in the game when this happened and what was going on.

I will try to check back later and see what you have come up with and try to better assist you.

It's very likely that DD/SD is the straw that breaks the camel's back, so to speak. It could put just enough added strain on the hardware to cause it to shut down. It's very possible you have a heat issue. The bigger the load on the hardware, the hotter it runs. If you're comfortable getting inside the case, make sure that there isn't a lot of dust build up inside. I live in a fairly dusty environment, so I dust out my case twice a month, more often if it acts like it needs it. Make sure the fans are clean and spin freely. And if you're comfortable doing so, take the heatsink/fan assembly off the processor, clean it thoroughly and replace the thermal compound that adheres the heatsink to the processor. Make sure that cables are routed so they cause as little disruption in airflow inside the case as possible.

Well before someone jumps down your throat for not including this or providing that, I will try to give you some idea of what folks will be wanting in a post asking for assistance. Gee maybe I should write a tutorial on how to effectively make a post and get help, naaa.

1: Provide the "load order" of the mods you are using in the game.

2: Give some system specification's, CPU, RAM, Video Card, Operating System, etc.

3: Where were you in the game when this happened and what was going on.

I will try to check back later and see what you have come up with and try to better assist you.

I'm not very good with PC information, i'll try to give you what i got searching in my computer.

My operating sistem is Windows 8.1,  6 GB (ram), my video card is AMD radeon HD 7670M ad my CPU shuld be 2.40GHz

I load those mods as first and in the game i were always outside (since i've ever used those stuff inside)

I thought too it's a problem due to heat, i'll try to clean the pc.

Thank

In all my years dealing with PCs, the 2 or 3 times I ran into a random shut down came down to a faulty video card (usually, after weeks of troubleshooting and trial and error).

There are, of course, many other reasons a PC would shut down by itself - bad memory, overtaxed power supply, overheating due to dirt, bad capacitor on the motherboard (that one is nasty).

If you have a spare video card, try switching it and see if that helps.

Dusting off the inside of your machine can help a lot.

In all my years dealing with PCs, the 2 or 3 times I ran into a random shut down came down to a faulty video card (usually, after weeks of troubleshooting and trial and error).

There are, of course, many other reasons a PC would shut down by itself - bad memory, overtaxed power supply, overheating due to dirt, bad capacitor on the motherboard (that one is nasty).

If you have a spare video card, try switching it and see if that helps.

Dusting off the inside of your machine can help a lot.

He's using a Mobile AMD chipset, so I'm assuming he's on a laptop.  Dollars to donuts says he's got a heating issue, or since he's using an OEM version of Windows 8, there's probably some sort of diagnostic tool that's keeping his system from taxing itself too much and shutting down immediately.  I'm not very familiar with Windows 8, but in previous versions you could disable automatic shutdowns and force the system to dump an error log to the primary partition as well as throw up an actual blue screen/error message.  Could also be a BIOS feature that's causing the automatic shutdown, which would take some slightly advanced tweaking to solve.  A model number of the laptop would help out a bit, that way I could just see what comes standard on that particular one.

yeppers! Athlon was first to include the overheating diode in the CPU to shut it down if it over heated, rather than have a thermo melt down. I would consider that as a first priority.

Heating problems can happen from leaving V-sync off, if you have a super fast vid setup you card, cards will clock as high as they can, and this will cause them to over heat really fast.

so leaving v-sync on is a good idea in most all case's.

I know some years back the first thing you did was turn it off, not such a good idea now days.

also you have a mobility vid card so i assume you have a lap top, consider getting one of those lap top fan plates, I can not think of right now at the moment the right name :( , the thing that has fans in it, and you sit you lap top on it.

Yeah, that makes things a little more challenging. Didn't realise this was a laptop. The problem with gaming (or doing anything else graphics intensive) on a laptop is that most laptops have really crappy air intake/heat exhaust options. And they are more prone to having heat related issues when they get leaned on. There are exceptions to the rule, of course, but for the most part it's a fact. Many laptops have vents on the bottom that allow for air to be drawn in so it circulates through the system, so you want to make sure that your laptop is on a flat surface.

If you aren't comfortable taking apart hardware, a laptop is probably NOT the best place to start learning. Some are fairly simple to get into. Others not so much. In some models you can get to the fan and the exhaust vents by removing the access panel on the bottom. In others they're accessed by removing the keyboard and, sometimes, the keyboard bezel. And in others yet you have to take out every single screw, remove every single component and flip over the system board to get to the heatsink and fans. There's not really a standard for how these things are put together, so it's really hard to talk people through how to clean their system. Check your manufacturer's website. Some of them offer hardware maintenance/service manuals that give detailed instructions and even illustrations that make it easier to do maintenance on your own.

That said, if your system is still under warranty, contact the manufacturer's tech support. If you take apart your laptop and break any manufacturer seals it voids the warranty. On some of their consumer systems Lenovo puts very easily broken tape over some of the screws that make it very easy to determine if the system has been opened. I know other manufacturers do this as well.

My operating sistem is Windows 8.1,  6 GB (ram), my video card is AMD radeon HD 7670M ad my CPU shuld be 2.40GHz

I load those mods as first and in the game i were always outside (since i've ever used those stuff inside)

If you're using ENBs with a laptop, and to reduce the heat stresses on the processor and mobile graphics, consider either the injector version or better yet, use the SweetFX and the ICBINE preset combination.

Archived