Xarathos' Armor Workshop - Mass Effect Cosplay for UUNP Bodyslide

Thanks, ha.

I'm debating future direction a bit still, or again, or... something of that nature. Anyway. It looks pretty nice in game, I'll say that - whether it's something I'll actually start converting for, well, we'll see. If I were to change up the body I use it'd probably be something along these lines.

The other thing I find myself thinking about quite a bit lately is sparked by this tumblr post and has me considering the respective advantages of actually advancing the way we collectively do things as modders, versus compatibility with existing content.

Like on the one hand, bethesda left a looooooooooot of comparatively goofy decisions in this game, some of which, for a long time we've all basically decided that we're stuck with. The size of the female wrists for one; the weight-slider morphing head for another; there are others. I've seen a few attempts to move past them but I'm never sure what to think tbh.

There are definite advantages to changing the way things are done, but there's also one comparatively big disadvantage... a lot of existing content has to be remade. Most bodies look alright with vanilla gear, not perfect but alright; but when you start changing the wrists, anything that replaces the hand mesh is gonna risk breaking your outfit.

On the flip side of which, actual human proportions. So, I mean. I dunno, guys. Messy questions without clear answers, at least for me. I've always valued compatibility, but if quality gains can be high enough it might be worth taking an Apple approach to things.

Oh, the things I think about when I'm supposed to be working...

e2494b2dae9d4c537141a47eaad0913f6732f483

Well okay two pieces of good news, one is I'm never doing THAT again, but sorry. Indulge me this one time.

Here's the actual good news: 

post-233165-0-33951500-1432669554_thumb.jpg

I figured out what's the deal with the seams 3DS Max was giving me on export.

TURNS OUT, it has something to do with the weight painting not being identical, IE when I copied the weights from the actual body to the one I'd chopped up for this particular outfit, it ... fudged details somehow. Describing it poorly, obviously, sorry for that. And that caused the gap between the neck and body.

The point is, I pulled out Gerra's Mesh Rigger, used it to copy the weights 1-1 vertex as closely as possible, and the seam is now flawless.

So I'm still chipping away at that. No fear.

Got the gloves done. No weightslider for them in this version, because they fit both weights fine. ESP points to a new mesh, and a texture set tells it whether it's red or black:

post-233165-0-11684600-1432764561_thumb.jpg

... you're not looking at the gloves, are you? Yeah. I didn't think so.

Got the gloves done. No weightslider for them in this version, because they fit both weights fine. ESP points to a new mesh, and a texture set tells it whether it's red or black:

attachicon.gif2015-05-27_00001.jpg

... you're not looking at the gloves, are you? Yeah. I didn't think so.

wait....theres gloves?....oh....oh I see them....yeah..sure....I see them lol

Fffffffffffffff...

Well, alrighty then. I'm gonna just. Upload this.

I'd take more pics, but I'm still adjusting my exterior lighting and the game crashed while I was tweaking my ENB xD

Anyway I'll package it up and let you play with it.

EDIT: Okay. Uploaded. You need the original mod for the textures and ground meshes. I packed my meshes with their changed paths into a BSA, and you also need the replacement ESP. Added CCO compatibility while I was at it.

Xarathos, 

FYI I'm having trouble downloading the Devious Devices Assets, Expansion, and Expansion alpha. It will let me download but then it will say that the file is only 0 bits in size when I know you've uploaded a 2.88 mb file? However your other files I can download. 

I'm not sure if its a problem on my end but I used a different internet browser and still had the same issue. 

Thanks! 

Well, I haven't moved anything, so either it's a LL server thing or I'll need to start reuploading stuff. I'll check it when I have time. If need be I'll start putting the new stuff on MEGA.

I'm going to have to change the weight painting on the DD stuff and the rogue armor and so forth anyway to match UUNP but that'll be a process.

EDIT: they don't download to my system either. So if it's temporary, it'll fix itself, I guess. Meantime, I'm putting up a MEGA folder with current versions of everything I can find archives for, and you'll be able to grab those here. It's going to take awhile to find everything, and as is the case on this page, not everything in it has been updated to UUNP yet.

But at least there'll be an alternate location for some of the stuff.

Alright. DD needs redoing, and the vanilla project is going to need either restarting or just reworking what's been finished so far. And I need to be deciding if I'm going to keep working on the default 7BO preset, or changing over to my tweaked (and as yet unnamed) oppai variant.

Or both body flavors, I guess, is technically an option (until I've chosen for sure). It'd be more work, but since only the low weight is different it wouldn't be as bad as it could be.

If somebody wants to test out the body I've been toying with you can find that attached. Maybe you could help me give it a name, too.

experimental oppai preset by xarathos.7z

7BX? Idk.

I added the MEGA mirror to the download page. Probably have to reupload stuff here, or else just delete it from LL and move it all to MEGA. Whichever is safer, I guess.

EDIT:

I've started remaking/reweighting the devious devices converts for the 7BO UUNP body. A few I'm redoing from scratch because the weighting from the first time was comparatively sloppy. They don't take too long individually, it's just a loooooooooooot of pieces to go through. I'll drop them into my game to test as I go though.

So far it's just the armbinder and a couple of the belts, but anyway.

I'm sort of steeling myself for redoing the vanilla stuff. I was less than half done anyway, but most of that has to be redone entirely.

On a side note, I recently switched over to this HDT preset - the bounce effects are slightly more subtle than what I was using before, and I managed to get hand collision working by adding the havok path to the head meshes, and it is some of the best hand collision I've ever seen lemme tell you.

I wish somebody would just start making bodyslide armors/clothing for UUNP, so we could choose our own shape. Instead of being forced into giant bad looking breast giant hips and legs body. I mean, that's the whole point of UUNP, to make unp work in bodyslide so you can use any unp shape you want, hence unified unp.

Here's the thing about that: the base UUNP shape is identical to the base CBBE shape. If you have a CBBE armor and a tutorial you can make a UUNP version pretty trivially. I've done it exactly once. 

I just don't want to, because I don't like the results of using bodyslide. The outfits always end up with distortions that have to be ironed out, and I always HATED that as a user, and as a modder now, I haven't really started liking it any more than I did then.

I'd rather convert for a shape I like and make sure the outfits look right for that shape, so I can keep the maximum control over the quality possible.

And I would rather be able to alter the armor in bodyslide very easly to look any way I want instead of being stuck with one shape some guy on the internet likes.(why I prefer CBBE over UNP, only reason I'm on UUNP is for the better animated vagina and it has bodyslide, but apperantly unp users are stuck in their old fashioned ways, and don't "like" bodyslide)  Why don't you just use 7b then? Why even use UUNP. Also, your downloads aren't even working, it says 0 kb when the download comes up. ANd winzip won't open it.

Yeah, LL's been having problems all over. There's a mirror that links to MEGA; if I'm missing anything from that folder gimme a heads up.

I'm using UUNP because it had better weight painting than 7BO for the same shape. But if you're going to gripe about my wanting to make mods I like using then maybe take it somewhere else, because frankly it gets annoying very very quickly.