Xarathos' Armor Workshop - Mass Effect Cosplay for UUNP Bodyslide

Thank you for the conversions. I installed Bikini Trouble update 1.3 and I am having an issue with the panty mesh protruding away from the butt crack:

Could you tell me which sliders you're using so I can narrow down the source of the problem? If you can do that I can make sure a fix is in the next update - there are so many combinations that without more info I'd just be guessing.

Thank you for the conversions. I installed Bikini Trouble update 1.3 and I am having an issue with the panty mesh protruding away from the butt crack:

Could you tell me which sliders you're using so I can narrow down the source of the problem? If you can do that I can make sure a fix is in the next update - there are so many combinations that without more info I'd just be guessing.

The preset is MCBM with 20% AppleCheeks, 50% BigButt, and 65% ButtShape2.

If it helps, there is a conversion of the Black Lace Minidress here and the underwear mesh looks suspiciously similar to Bikini Trouble:

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2366-bahamuts-uunp-bodyslide-conversions/

Thanks!

post-660823-0-68548300-1445622672_thumb.jpg

Maybe this'll do the trick

[REDACTED FOR UPDATE]

Issue seemed to be with the MCBM High slider but you'll have to let me know if this fixed it.

Went back to basics on the Shiny Catsuit revision - welded a few misplaced verts and started adjusting the weighting/base shape again. Goal is to make sure there's no weird clipping and everything poses nicely with the base zero-sliders shape before I start messing with individual shapes again.

Maybe this'll do the trick

attachicon.gifBikini Trouble - UUNP Bodyslide Update 1.36.7z

Issue seemed to be with the MCBM High slider but you'll have to let me know if this fixed it.

Went back to basics on the Shiny Catsuit revision - welded a few misplaced verts and started adjusting the weighting/base shape again. Goal is to make sure there's no weird clipping and everything poses nicely with the base zero-sliders shape before I start messing with individual shapes again.

The panty now clips into the butt and still hangs low underneath, and the straps are still separated from the body. I noticed as well that there is a large gap between the torso and the bra straps.

post-660823-0-63364000-1445638921_thumb.jpg

post-660823-0-21203800-1445638927_thumb.jpg

post-660823-0-81821700-1445640000_thumb.jpg

post-660823-0-94366900-1445640008_thumb.jpg

post-660823-0-80104700-1445640014_thumb.jpg

/twitches

Guess I overcorrected. Stuff like this is almost always a war between clipping and sitting too far away from the skin... oof.

I'll take another crack at it.

EDIT

K

try this? IDFK

attachicon.gifBikini Trouble - UUNP Bodyslide Update 1.37.7z

Much better. The bra strap is fine now, and the panty mostly conforms correctly to the body. There is still some clipping, and the panty straps sit too far away.

post-660823-0-26179300-1445653847_thumb.jpg

post-660823-0-86971700-1445653855_thumb.jpg

post-660823-0-39945300-1445653864_thumb.jpg

One last stab for the evening. If this doesn't get the job done I'm gonna have to come back to it next week because of the way my schedule gets consistently buggered.

attachicon.gifBikini Trouble - UUNP Bodyslide Update 1.375.7z

The clipping seems to be fixed although the mesh is a bit loose again, and it's especially noticeable with the leather thong textures. Some of the other textures hide it fairly well.

Thanks for all the effort, and have a great week!

post-660823-0-47976200-1445658821_thumb.jpg

post-660823-0-48203000-1445658827_thumb.jpg

post-660823-0-74464500-1445658836_thumb.jpg

Yeah... that may just be a tradeoff I end up having to deal with. 

To avoid clipping, the mesh needs to move out, to get a good fit it needs to move in... bleeeeeh

and ofc the leather thong textures amplify any issues a lot because they're displaying a floaty middle bit that looks pretty good if the whole mesh is visible and isolating it so that it doesn't.

The best plan at that point depends largely on what you're using the bodyslide for. If you're using a preset you can clean up the output a little in outfit studio - pull open each mesh, adjust fit, good to go. This is probably most users, at least until the bodygen/racemenu mix catches on, and if you're using that (like I am :P), well, all that's left is for me to keep futzing with things until they unbreak.

To avoid clipping, the mesh needs to move out, to get a good fit it needs to move in... bleeeeeh

and ofc the leather thong textures amplify any issues a lot because they're displaying a floaty middle bit that looks pretty good if the whole mesh is visible and isolating it so that it doesn't.

The best plan at that point depends largely on what you're using the bodyslide for. If you're using a preset you can clean up the output a little in outfit studio - pull open each mesh, adjust fit, good to go. This is probably most users, at least until the bodygen/racemenu mix catches on, and if you're using that (like I am :P), well, all that's left is for me to keep futzing with things until they unbreak.

Have you tried using Mesh Rigger or 3ds max to copy weighting yet? You should be able to make the sliders fit pretty closely then.

The smooth brush in OS helps as well for most meshes (doesn't always have to be 3ds max ;) ).

There are several vanilla npcs wearing your wonderful 7BO conversion of the bikinis as custom outfits, and I hope to eventually switch them over to the bigger body with outfits of equally high quality ;)

I'll try using the brush tools in the meantime and hope I don't break the weight slider as I often do lol.

Thanks!

Have you tried using Mesh Rigger or 3ds max to copy weighting yet? You should be able to make the sliders fit pretty closely then.

The smooth brush in OS helps as well for most meshes (doesn't always have to be 3ds max ;) ).

The weighting was originally copied in 3DSmax, yeah. Had to manually edit a few things from there, though.

Still experimenting with the ideal settings for the skinwrap actually - so far both 3ds and Outfit Studio are giving undesirable outcomes with the thigh weighting reaching too close to the crotch. I'm open to suggestions on that point if you have any tips! 

The weighting was originally copied in 3DSmax, yeah. Had to manually edit a few things from there, though.

Still experimenting with the ideal settings for the skinwrap actually - so far both 3ds and Outfit Studio are giving undesirable outcomes with the thigh weighting reaching too close to the crotch. I'm open to suggestions on that point if you have any tips! 

I've never used 3ds max myself, and Outfit Studio's copying algorithm isn't optimal.

Did you try Mesh Rigger yet? The meshes I ran through it almost never clipped anywhere because of weighting, with I think default settings.

When copying weights to gauntlets you have to unselect the thigh bone, though.

Hmmmm.

So I tried out Mesh Rigger because I hadn't in awhile, and interestingly it did perform better overall.

Still causes the same issue with the front of the panty mesh and thigh painting in places it really shouldn't be there, but the back of the panty ended up weighted WAY better so overall there's less to fix by hand than either of the other automatic methods left me with. I call that a net win.

I'll work on cleaning that up for another release sometime in the next day or so. Preview shot:

post-233165-0-97668100-1445838403_thumb.jpg

Reaaaaaally starting to wish I had my setup such that I could test animations+poses while weight painting and see the effects in real time. Unfortunately 3DSMax refuses to import any of the relevant KF files so either I'm doing something wrong or I'm just screwed.

Just copying my notes from the latest Nexus release of Bikini Trouble

1.4 is currently marked as a test release because I'm not 100% sure of EVERY slider interaction with this version. Yet. HOWEVER

The base shape offers a tighter fit to the body and the weight painting has undergone significant improvements. 

There's one lingering issue with the bra strap I can't seem to fix but it only seems to show up on a few pose mods so far that feature substantial twisting stances, so it's doubtful that it'll come up in gameplay. 99% of the time nobody will notice it and it'll only be ME it's driving crazy...

I'm not saying 'don't update' by any stretch, but anybody who does update is encouraged to let me know if it looks good with your particular combination of sliders, and if not, >>>which ones they are<<< so I can go check how they interact and make further fixes.

I can't emphasize that point enough - specific sliders used so I know where to look, please and thank you.

And YOU guys get pictures I took during the testing process.

post-233165-0-50633900-1446000882_thumb.jpgpost-233165-0-14679200-1446000884_thumb.jpgpost-233165-0-20804800-1446000885_thumb.jpgpost-233165-0-14959400-1446000886_thumb.jpgpost-233165-0-63972800-1446000887_thumb.jpg

LoversLab seems to have deleted all my uploads again, so I'll just upload the updates to the mirror on MEGA and to Nexus where applicable.

If it's not going to KEEP them here anyway, why bother? Sigh.

Just copying my notes from the latest Nexus release of Bikini Trouble

1.4 is currently marked as a test release because I'm not 100% sure of EVERY slider interaction with this version. Yet. HOWEVER

The base shape offers a tighter fit to the body and the weight painting has undergone significant improvements.

There's one lingering issue with the bra strap I can't seem to fix but it only seems to show up on a few pose mods so far that feature substantial twisting stances, so it's doubtful that it'll come up in gameplay. 99% of the time nobody will notice it and it'll only be ME it's driving crazy...

I'm not saying 'don't update' by any stretch, but anybody who does update is encouraged to let me know if it looks good with your particular combination of sliders, and if not, >>>which ones they are<<< so I can go check how they interact and make further fixes.

I can't emphasize that point enough - specific sliders used so I know where to look, please and thank you.

attachicon.gif2015-10-26_00008.jpgattachicon.gif2015-10-27_00003.jpgattachicon.gif2015-10-27_00006.jpgattachicon.gif2015-10-27_00008.jpgattachicon.gif2015-10-27_00009.jpg

LoversLab seems to have deleted all my uploads again, so I'll just upload the updates to the mirror on MEGA and to Nexus where applicable.

Holy moly that's hot! Can't wait to DL and install in game. :D

Started the somewhat lengthy/daunting process of putting the Nova Catsuits together. No promises for when it'll be done and I may get sidetracked along the way - I need to finish my redo/tweak of the Shiny Catsuit/Dark Disciple mods again as well, and there's some vanilla content I desperately want/need for my upcoming playthrough...

Oof.

Decided to take a break and work on my Steel armor edited for UUNP because Lydia is wearing it right away and I want it to look right, so...

I split the Pauldron meshes off like before, only this time I'm setting it up using Zap sliders, which I'm finally learning how to use. The body is 'cut' out with a hidden zap, and the pauldrons have two zap options - a 'no pauldron' zap and a 'gladiator cut' that only eliminates the right hand side. The heavy and light meshes will use the same shape file, with the only difference currently being which zaps are enabled by default - this'll change if I end up discovering that I need to move or rename something to get it working with aMidianBorn's retextures out of the box.

The armor itself is going to be based on the vanilla male mesh, with most likely HDT butt only and very few sliders will be allowed to have any significant impact on the chest plate.

post-233165-0-98385100-1446099379_thumb.jpg

WIP shot from the bodyslide preview using my gladiator zap.

Started the somewhat lengthy/daunting process of putting the Nova Catsuits together. No promises for when it'll be done and I may get sidetracked along the way - I need to finish my redo/tweak of the Shiny Catsuit/Dark Disciple mods again as well, and there's some vanilla content I desperately want/need for my upcoming playthrough...

Oof.

Awesome! :) been looking forward to that conversion.

You're awesome. Thx so much. Take all the time you need. :shy:

attachicon.gif2015-10-26_00008.jpgattachicon.gif2015-10-27_00003.jpgattachicon.gif2015-10-27_00006.jpgattachicon.gif2015-10-27_00008.jpgattachicon.gif2015-10-27_00009.jpg

Those pictures are hot!  Keep up the great work.:)  About LL deleting your uploads, that sucks.  At least you still have MEGA and Nexus as you said.:)

As I find time this week I'll try to work on the Nova suits a bit more but there are two other projects I'm gonna take stabs at. Shiny Rubber Catsuits still needs some updates and revisions, moving toward a Nexus release - the original authors permissions were open enough that I ought to be able to make that happen (policy appears to be a 'don't ask do credit do what you want' affair).

And I have some plans for Arkham Cosplay (LL exclusive) including hopefuly some improvements to Catwoman, and adding at least one more outfit.

• 1 month later...

Great RAO we're back HERE again okay

WELL

That was an interesting experiment. Moving forward again.

Going to try and get at least one of the current projects released this week, if not more than one. Catsuits or Lustmord or both.

I'm also going to throw out an open invitation on these sorts of beta releases - if anyone out there wants to take a shot at improving one or two individual morphs/sliders for an outfit and submit the improvements, I'm more than willing to include them as an update after some tests.

Crowd source 'em a bit as it were. The more eyes we have on these the faster improvements can happen, know what I mean?

Anyway just a thought before I duck back out and head to bed.

Spent some time working on the Lustmord convert. Going to release it as a 'beta' or what have you after a few more minor tweaks. Changes so far:

• converted to UUNP, obviously

• because converting to UUNP makes the concept of having three different otherwise identical armors that change your body shape slightly redundant, I've opted to recolor the textures twice and assign them via texture sets to the same base mesh. This way you'll have a black, a slightly lighter, and a red version (though I've only recolored them somewhat selectively so that the latex look stays pretty consistent). This brings the level of variation into line with the other Vampire armors already in the base game.

Haven't yet added sliders to anything other than the torso meshes and more than a few of them still need to be hand tweaked, but as soon as I've confirmed that what I have is at least functional it'll go up.