Not removed, they did not exists prior to version 2.1.

Ah, you are correct. I did not recognize the version number in question. My mistake.

@Inte: Sorry. :D

I need to drink more coffee, when browsing around forums. In fact, I should add it to my signature.

@ Inte

I use SDc 2.73 and having kept the bad guys and gals to manageable numbers - insofar as sometimes my NPC wins, sometimes they lose - but I still have never had SD+ use the facilities in the way that you describe in the intro

My recollection is that some time ago, you said that you used a former version of SD+ (one which feels now as almost from the dawn of time  :shy: ) as SDc was designed for that.  However, some of the comments here and elsewhere are a bit ambiguous as to whether or not SDc functionality does work with present SD+, ie 3.51 

Please, can you clarify that?  ie does it, or doesn't it?  :s

I'll still use SDc even if it doesn't support current SD+, as I like the scenery and the challenge you created, but it would be even better if it did   :shy:

TIA 

Posted 24 August 2016 - 08:08 PM

Ah, now I see.

The issues are happening during the SD+ cage scene, and such they are SD+ issues not SDc.

For what is worth, I had patched those for SD+ 2, with my SD+ Patches.

=============================================================

@ inte

So this means that, as I thought I had read before, current SDc versions are actually coded to run 'interactively' with (SD+ 2 plus SD+ Patches), and not SD+ 3?

Could you kindly provide a load order and the version of SD cages you are using?

- As mentioned, latest version. I will give you my load order ASAP, I just got home and still haven't even read Inte's reply. Might have to wait until I'm well rested.

What you describe as a problem not only shouldn't happen but never happened in my games. Have you tried rolling back SD+ to be sure it's a conflict between these two mods? Have you tried only with SD+ and SDc?

- I'll see what happens, although essentially what changed was I replaced SD+ with its current, latest version. It was a new test run.

And again, saying "Your mod doesn't work" will lead to nothing because nobody else than you can:

1. Describe the problem

- Done.

2. Provide the appropriate information

- I offered, nobody asked beyond you, just now. The answer I got, is visible if you scroll up(And is the cause for my little rant on behaviour). I described what I saw to the extend that I can actually see, as far as mods go. I am starting over as soon as I rest, and if this problem persists I'll provide my load order too.

3. If possible provide steps to reproduce the problem

- Check; I already described it was a new game, ETC ETC.

4. investigate the problem, if it is something that isn't reproducible elsewhere

- You'll have to explain this a bit. Reproducible elsewhere, as in...?

Keep in mind that we can't access your computer, we don't know anything you've been experiencing and without information we can't do anything. It's not that Inte don't care, it's that there is not enough data to investigate upon. Most of the time, is a game of elimination: "This issue could be caused by this, but isn't. What about that?"

- Hey no problem, I understand that and I've mentioned it multiple times. And as I said, she or he has the right to not really care and I recognize that too. But the initial reply to my reporting what issues I had, was quite disheartening I believe.

Finding what is causing the weird behavior is as much your job as the job of the mod creator to fix what needs to be fixed. And in actuality, you're free to open the mod entrails and fix it.

- A few problems here, specifically I can't fix $hit because I'm a filthy peasant gamer and have no idea what to do, or if I'd enjoy doing it. I wasn't aware of any unwritten rule making fixing mods my job in any way, shape or form... Since I didn't publish them. I'm just using them. As an example, I'm not expected to tamper with my IPhone if something goes wrong; I'm rather advised to send it in for service. The same principle, I assumed, should be true here. If it's not, then I better just suck it up if something doesn't work and I happen to be inept at modding. As for trying to pinpoint what the problem is, I can help by just attempting to run the game and make minor tweaks in the MCM or some configuration file. Seriously, the most complex thing I've done when it comes to mods is modify Estrus so it doesn't actually run, but EC+ can still use its assets. And to do so, I had help too... More importantly I didn't find it more than a nuisance. So if I'm expected to dive deeper and deeper I guess that sucking it up IS the only solution and I should stop "Whining" when a mod doesn't work for me. Please do let me know what the case is, so I can know what I should or shouldn't be doing around here.

Did you remember to unplug your computer for a few minutes

- Oh I had to install Skyrim on a PC? Because I run it on my IPod.

...At least however, I've calibrated my attitude through various cliffs and falls in life, so as to not come across as brash. Just saying.

Now that you have told me what the actual problem is, we can start moving towards that.  

The problems:

• You cannot activate the SDc cage doors.

- Rather, I could while I was using the previous version of SD+ but can't any more.

• Nor the bedrolls contained there within.

- See above.

• Also it is possible SD+ is ignoring the cages.

- Quite. Which is why I had nothing to say, it's as simple as; Start a new game with my usual set up which worked fine before SD+'s latest version. Nope, SD Cages now decided it's not working, it's as it's not there although I can see the cages and the MCM menu as described. There's nothing more to it.

Possible solutions [...]:

- Of those, I'd look at you not checking the newest SD+ as a first step, just to eliminate what could be simple and obvious incompatibilities rather than user error. It's the reason I immediately asked if anyone else is having issues but I got no replies to that and to save you a head ache, I also immediately asked that you check and possibly update what MIGHT be necessary. If that failed then yes, we can sit and nit pick. But it's a logical first step, I hope you can see that now.

Lastly, I do appreciate bug reports especially descriptive ones, how else am I supposed to improve my work.

- Well then next time save even more time by just asking for exactly that. There's no need to ridicule or mock anyone, or be pedantic. Forgive me for being condescending here, but it's a wee bit called for.

What finally happened is, I gave up and loaded my previous mod profile on NMM and now cages is working again even after installing SD+'s newest version over the one I had in there. I've no idea why cages didn't work when I tried it on a fresh game(Or why it now works all of a sudden on my previous profile) as mentioned and I haven't saved that new profile out of frustration. Apologies, but it has become a hassle trying to figure this out.

hey ty for this mod ive been using it for awhile now with sanguines debauchery and i absolutely love the added bandits,makes me be more careful and pick them off at a distance before closing when i can. ive become aware after reading through this forum and catching up on skyrimll's that they are going down seperate paths and thats unfortunate, if them just not putting you in the cages is the only thing that would happen ill be keeping it in for the bandits added at least and for the cages when they work, though ive not yet run into any that werent used.  ty very much again love the mod.

• 2 weeks later...

information and files for Inte

created a log files specifically to help (hopefully) find the problem SDCages 2.73 is having with regards to White River Watch (and Embershard Mine)

attachment includes screenshots of SDCages settings, Papyrus log created (details below), fnis output, mod list and load order (using Mod Organizer).

new game start only mods updated since start are POP Patch from 8h to 8i and Devious Devices Intergration from 3.1 development to 3.2,

all other mods (except XPMSE which is at 3.86) are the most recent versions available as of 09/18/2016.

log creation process

start game and turn on trace logging.

save game and exit to desktop

delete old log files

start game

load lal start cell save

load play save (location Lakeview Manor)

turn on god mode (character to low to survive SDC bandits otherwise)

fast travel to Honningbrew Meadery

walk to White River Watch and enter (used White River Watch due to Embershard Mine currently being listed as cleared)

proceed thru dungeon (to get  account of total SDC Bandits that appeared {determined by name and armor after death})

total SDC bandits identified was 13

exit game

copy screenshots and log file to spare folder for zipping

settings (screenshots for your verification) should not have generated SDC bandits.

log created and provided to help you figure out why they are appearing.

hopefully this helps you locate why this is happening

other locations previously tested with this mod that this does not happen at include Knifepoint Ridge, Forgotten Cave, Bilegulch Mine, Movarth's Lair,

and a couple more that I do not remember the name of offhand.

the only 2 locations I can verify this happens on my game at for certain are Embershard Mine and White River Watch.

anyhow thanks for the great mod

helpful files.7z

Oh, wow! Very diligent. You would make a very good tester. :P

Let me take a look right now.

The MCM settings are correct if you do not want the any NPCs showing up.

The log shows that the script enabling the NPCs does not fire, nor should it.

I'll be right back!

EDIT: That is very strange as all SDc NPCs in those locations start as disabled.

Another thing that the log also shows, is that the NPCs are already enabled when you get there because CF is running checks on them.  

I will check this in game and see what I can see.

Hi,

a badass bandit, a tank or some other but I can tell as the fight was too quickly ended by the defeat of my avatar and E.L.LE happened in some mine. I have completly forgotten your mod don't just add cage (which my avatar have not the joy to test for now). It took her by surprise and she pay her confidence and was sent to auction as a slave.

But just a question (maybe configurable in MCM) does this bandit can be beaten there was very hard for my avatar (which mean nothing as she a a pure mage and not a good one) but for E.L.L.E too ?

Anyway thanks for your mod, I was just afraid that thing was going too smooth for my avatar. She was being sent to red wave as prostitute and worked well, this lesson should teach her to be less confident and arrogant (and E.L.LE do some weird thing to her since like she was not happy to be a prostitute or maybe upset to have a such bad friend).

:P

You are not the only one. I too, did that on occasion. ^_^

You should be able to limit their numbers in the MCM.

1. In the 'Setup' page - uncheck 'Enable NPCs on every cell load'.
  2. In the 'NPCs' page - turn the 'Max SDc NPC number per camp' to something lower, say 6. However, this will not affect already loaded NPCs. So change that number before you enter that area.

You can reduce their strength by disabling their powerful armor and weapons, again you have to do this before you enter their area.

1. In the 'NPCs' page - uncheck 'Badass NPCs use SDc armor'. However, this will not have that much effect on mages as they can still use magic against you, but it will/should take away their powerful staffs.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, so as I already sent my avatar to a location with them powerfull, I should not sent her back here if I don't want her to be beaten again (I really should write this somewhere to bad I have not paper near me).

Can I remove them even if already loaded in this mine if she complain too much and start to cry when I sent her again ?

Right now, I don't think she complain but she is at solitutde gaged and bindfolded by E.L.LE so I can really tell.

Oh, wow! Very diligent. You would make a very good tester. :P

Let me take a look right now.

The MCM settings are correct if you do not want the any NPCs showing up.

The log shows that the script enabling the NPCs does not fire, nor should it.

I'll be right back!

EDIT: That is very strange as all SDc NPCs in those locations start as disabled.

Another thing that the log also shows, is that the NPCs are already enabled when you get there because CF is running checks on them.  

I will check this in game and see what I can see.

Yeah, that was my conclusion too but I may have been passably too frustrated to explain it properly in my earlier message. I'm certain that it is an issue in SDc as I went to the trouble to go back to vanilla+SKYui+SDc, and visit several places with badasses to see if they spawn while the configuration says they should be disabled. They did spawn.

A thing I don't really understand now, is your mod working 100% for you? If you disable those enemies, do they stay disabled? If so, what kind of dark magic are you weaving on your computer? Teach me!

They don't spawn for me either. I will check the locations in question again, and report back.

EDiT: I just wanted to mention that the badasses are indeed that. No more fake defeats to play SD+.

Sometimes they even defeat the infamous POPBHs, unfortunately they immediately enslave their prisoner instead of setting her free. :(:P

HI,

My follower have some pb to enter one of the cage. It go at the right of the cage and it stuck here. The cage is the one in water at the frosworn camp near the temple sky haven entrance in Markvath hold.

My avatar have tried to get the follower in the cage but without success. She tell it they will be punish to convince it but it don't understand the risk. She tried to teleport it in front of the door cage but it go to the right again. My avatar is afraid to be punish by the master if he found out. She will try to push the follower (Xaz pack come with free from IA which come handy in this situation).

PS : my avatar have another reason to wanted to be caged, they are in the wild and it provide some protection and it excite her too. :)

++