Spectator Crowds Ultra Edition (for Skyrim LE, SE, and VR)

1 hour ago, masterewok said:

anyone run into a problem where the NPC you're having sex with will join the crowd and do the clapping animation instead of the sex animation ?

Have you not read any of the post before you? To answer your question, yes. You can fool with the settings in the MCM to slow things down some but yes, this will happen sometimes or alot depending on the MCM settings and other mods you have running. I took this mod out because of this and a couple of similar things. It's absence is noticeable. The animations called for by other mods now run satisfactorily, but my game is not as fun. I miss the extra people coming over to see. I do not miss the air humping while partner claps. My set up caused a bit of a mess when using this mod. (sigh).

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, netruss1964 said:

Yeah. My game runs fine but certain scenarios are not as much fun without this mod. I wish it had an off/on switch. It really adds some cool to my experience. 

I already did more work in terms of getting it ready for multithreaded operation. The multithreading is I believe the best way to solve the issue, and I wanted to do it anyway. It is just a bit of extra work. I do realize it is kindof awkward to use the mod until it is done, but I didn't want to introduce some temporary workaround that I would just have to undo later.

18 hours ago, wpg97541 said:

I already did more work in terms of getting it ready for multithreaded operation. The multithreading is I believe the best way to solve the issue, and I wanted to do it anyway. It is just a bit of extra work. I do realize it is kindof awkward to use the mod until it is done, but I didn't want to introduce some temporary workaround that I would just have to undo later.

um..., It's your mod, I was just giving my two cents worth of opinion and made a few tweak requests. You do what you think is best. The reply on the other hand...greatly appreciated. Thank you. If you do something I do not like I will cry more, all good.

Edit for clarification: I am watching this mod for changes. I have always liked the concept and have abused Skyrim several times with many different versions of this mod over the years. Thank you for continuing work on it. I am fairly free with my opinion, asked for or not. I can only tell you what I think. I do not intend to do it for you or have you do it for me especially. I like it. I have the equipment now to handle it and more now fairly easily. I believe that between the work done on the current version and the performance changes on my system have allowed the scripts to fire more accurately than before. Without other mods beginning additional scenes this mod performs quite well. With semi random occurrences of NPC sex animations happening, like in my current game, kicks up the scripts targeting the original occurrence of sex regardless of if any participants are already in an animation. This is what is awkward. I appreciate your sharing, thank you. I still like it. Even if I talk too much.

19 hours ago, netruss1964 said:

um..., It's your mod, I was just giving my two cents worth of opinion and made a few tweak requests. You do what you think is best. The reply on the other hand...greatly appreciated. Thank you. If you do something I do not like I will cry more, all good.

I wasn't criticizing your feedback (I welcome it), but simply wanted to give you an update as to what I am doing, and why it isn't done yet. I am still working on it. Sorry if I was a bit unclear in my last post.

I am not able to use my own mod, really, until this is fixed, so I want it fixed as much as you do.

On 4/19/2020 at 8:59 PM, wpg97541 said:

I wasn't criticizing your feedback (I welcome it), but simply wanted to give you an update as to what I am doing, and why it isn't done yet. I am still working on it. Sorry if I was a bit unclear in my last post.

I am not able to use my own mod, really, until this is fixed, so I want it fixed as much as you do.

I was trying very hard to give good feed back that would not be construed as, or confused with, a temper tantrum. I wanted to add no sandbags to your field pack. I appreciate your concern, I was trying too hard. I really like it, but...

I hope you get it to where you want it. I also assume I will be trying any future updates. I will throw no rocks at your house. (grinning). Stay safe.

I might have a fix tonight (no promises).

I just finished developing the requested support for the filters, plus added code to remove the spectator from the packages that force them to clap and run to the new sex act.

I'm loading up a game to test to make sure I haven't broken everything with these changes, which are rather extensive.

Still no multithread support I'm afraid, because implementing that right now with all these other changes had a chance of breaking Morality Guards completely.

Spectator Crowds 0.95 alpha 4 is now available for testing for Skyrim LE and SE.

New features and fixes include:

• Filters to prevent forming spectator crowds where they are not wanted
  • Spectators who begin a new sex act will now have the spectator package automatically removed, so that they will no longer break away from their new sex act to run towards and applaud for their original sex act

Still upcoming is fully multithreaded support (i.e. different sets of spectators for different sex acts). I have this almost ready, but could not finish it for this release because it would probably have broken Morality Guards. I would like to make sure that the new features work reliably before I try making this multithreaded.

Would a line of sight option be possible at all? I love this mod, but NPCs notice you through walls and floors sometimes.

Or maybe a key to toggle it on or off, which you can use depending on if you want to be noticed or not?

Apologies if it sounds like I'm entitled or something, your mod's great already.

Really awesome this exists. 
I really missed it but old spec crowd mod always had issues. Had none with this one so far. Thank you so much!

But I still have suggestions/questions:

- would it be possible to get different idles than clapping? At least for some actors? In general maybe we could have an option in MCM like that:

For each actor spectacing the following dice rolls are made:

- Chance for Masturbation 0-100%

- Chance for Sex with other actor (that actors roles are overruled)

- Chance for clapping/cheering idle
- Chance for just standing there 
- Chance for fondle idle (just touching himself) 
- Chance for custom idle (maybe placeable in the mod files. there are some idles that are "gazing" idles like staring somewhere.

Nevermind me, I m just daydreaming out of my "I cannot even understand code when it is explained to me"- corner of the universe :(

4 hours ago, decaluka said:

Would a line of sight option be possible at all? I love this mod, but NPCs notice you through walls and floors sometimes.

Hi,

Isn't this feature already there? The "Aggro Distance" setting is supposed to control how far away they can be to be selected as a spectator, unless they have line of sight. Aggro Distance of 0 or close to 0 should mean they will only be selected as a spectator if they have line of sight.

2 hours ago, Nymra said:

- would it be possible to get different idles than clapping? At least for some actors? In general maybe we could have an option in MCM like that:

The "chance for masturbation" and "chance for sex with other actor" are already settings. I can possibly include other idles, there are currently 6 chosen randomly. If you want to suggest the names for specific additional idles to include, go ahead.

The "aroused" idles are a bit harder to integrate since they are gender specific it would mean making another 15 ObserveSexFemale package objects for females to prevent female aroused animations from being included for males or vice versa, bringing the total number of packages to 24. I'm not going to say no, since it is a good idea, but it is a fair bit of work for a very small feature, so I'm not sure I'm going to get to that right away.

2 hours ago, decaluka said:

Oh that's awesome, I didn't understand that part!

I think a lot of people don't. I only kept that setting name because that is what it was in mainfct's original Spectator Crowds mod, but it is not particularly descriptive. I may change the MCM name to something like "Non-LOS Radius" instead.

You've got an error in the SexActQuality calculations in NewStageStarted. When you take the average arousal, you've got (sum / 100 / numpart). Those are all integers, so it'll truncate the whole thing to zero unless every participant has full arousal.

SexStartDetected is correct, I think, because you divide by a float instead of an int.

Also, a couple of those 100's could cancel out:

SexActQuality = ((sum / numpart) * ((SCConfig.MaximumSexActQuality - SCConfig.MinimumSexActQuality) / 100.0) + SCConfig.MinimumSexActQuality) as int

A couple other things I noticed.

In mf_SpectatorCrowdsThreadBase.OnBeginState, you skip index 0 in the actor array. If the player or a follower is at position zero, then it won't set the SexActInvolvesPlayer or SexActInvolvesFollower flags.

In SpectatorSexHandler, there's an off-by-one bug in the orgy and masturbate checks. RandomInt(0, 100) can return 0 or 100, so (DiceRollFoo<= SCConfig.FooProbability) can be true even if SCConfig.FooProbability is zero.

Thanks, already noticed the SexActQuality problems but other people raised other issues so I put those on the low-priority fix list. I'll get that fixed as well as the other two.

There are also problems in some cases with threesomes not being detected properly (ex. may be seen as bisexual when not, or vice versa). I've known about those issues for a few months now. Just prioritizing more crucial things. I've almost got the multi-threaded operation working.

I would also like to refactor this thing soon. The ThreadBase.psc is getting a little bloated.

New release!

Spectator Crowds ultra 0.99 alpha 1 is now available.

Fixes:

• This is the first release with multi-threading, so that there can be 15 sex acts at a time with 128 spectators each, so a potential total of 1920 simultaneous sex spectators!
  • Bugs pointed out by @Random of Amber in the previous few posts have been fixed, as well as a few others I noticed while reviewing the code.

Now, that being said,

• I would probably not recommend that you actually attempt to have 1920 simultaneous sex spectators, as it would probably crash the game, especially on LE (might be possible on SE if you have an insane system)
  • Since this is the first release with multi-threading there are likely still some bugs, so you might want to stick with 0.95 alpha 3 or 0.95 alpha 4 if you really want to have a stable release
  • This update may require that you clean your save game for things to work properly. All of the previous versions worked fine without this, but I found the multithreading introduced enough changes that it didn't really work as expected with a non-clean save game.

Also, a warning with this new multithreaded version - you have to be careful with your settings, since it is very easy to get an endless chain reaction of sex acts going on if you are not careful. For instance, if you limit the spectators to each sex act to 4 or something instead of the default 128, and you have masturbation and orgies on at a high possibility, then spectators who come to spectate themselves will start masturbating or having orgies, and they will each draw spectator crowds of their own, who will start masturbating or having orgies and drawing their own spectator crowd, probably made up of the original sex participants at this point because they would have finished the original sex act, etc.

I started this in Riverwood as a test (masturbation probability set to 100%, with only a few participants per sex act instead of 128) and walked to Whiterun, the sex chain reaction was still going on in Riverwood while I was going through the gates into Whiterun.

I may need to add a "maximum threads" setting to control the number of spectator crowds that can form at once to prevent these types of chain reactions, or block masturbating spectators from forming crowds of their own.

On 8/17/2016 at 7:16 AM, WaxenFigure said:

I keep telling myself that one of these days I will fix it for myself and even implement the originally promised and never done multi-threading so multiple sex acts get spectators but I never seem to get around to it. I like playing the game more than messing in mods.

FYI WaxenFigure,

Thanks very much for all of your early feedback and encouragement regarding this mod.

I thought I might reply (even though this is several years later) to let you know that I have finally done the originally promised multi-threading. Not sure if you are interested anymore, but since I saw this post before, I just wanted to let you know in case you hadn't noticed.

It is still likely to have bugs, but it was less work than I thought to get it working fairly reliably. The main issue now is what I saw from the beginning, is that spectators can gather spectators who gather spectators, leading to a chain reaction. I think I can prevent this by adding options to either limit the number of threads and/or prevent spectators from gathering crowds of their own, at least when it comes to masturbating spectators. I believe you foresaw those issues as well.

I'm also thinking about the idea of having masturbating spectators continue dialogue while they are masturbating, perhaps now with additions to reference the fact they are masturbating, through the use of additional factions that get added while they are masturbating. I would also have to make additional packages to trigger the hello dialogue but without running to the target, which could be applied to those spectators. Haven't tested it yet though.

1 hour ago, wpg97541 said:

FYI WaxenFigure,

Thanks very much for all of your early feedback and encouragement regarding this mod.

I thought I might reply (even though this is several years later) to let you know that I have finally done the originally promised multi-threading. Not sure if you are interested anymore, but since I saw this post before, I just wanted to let you know in case you hadn't noticed.

It is still likely to have bugs, but it was less work than I thought to get it working fairly reliably. The main issue now is what I saw from the beginning, is that spectators can gather spectators who gather spectators, leading to a chain reaction. I think I can prevent this by adding options to either limit the number of threads and/or prevent spectators from gathering crowds of their own, at least when it comes to masturbating spectators. I believe you foresaw those issues as well.

I'm also thinking about the idea of having masturbating spectators continue dialogue while they are masturbating, perhaps now with additions to reference the fact they are masturbating, through the use of additional factions that get added while they are masturbating. I would also have to make additional packages to trigger the hello dialogue but without running to the target, which could be applied to those spectators. Haven't tested it yet though.

@WaxenFigure and @wpg97541 I bet he cares. I have not road tested this offering yet but i am downloading it now to begin. Every update it seems to get better. It is too bad you cannot foresee the bugs. I will check for them for you wpg97541...this is soooo close to being on every play for me now. This will keep me playing Skyrim that much longer. Thank you!

Removed from game, saves deleted (precautionary), began new game. Got approximately 1/5th of the way through main quest, NEW VERSION! Added new version designed to punish me. Re-ran LOOT, rebuilt patches loaded last save from most recent restart...game loaded, spectator spells added, mod initialized. I breathed a sigh of relief and went to a quiet place to save and quit. So far so good on old/existing save file with NO PREVIOUS VERSIONS present. I will go play for a bit and see if the magic holds for the old save. I should have started a new game but...Bleak Falls Barrow...maybe later...Expect future crying if it breaks. Stay sharp.

2 hours ago, netruss1964 said:

So far so good on old/existing save file with NO PREVIOUS VERSIONS present. I will go play for a bit and see if the magic holds for the old save. I should have started a new game but...Bleak Falls Barrow...maybe later...Expect future crying if it breaks. Stay sharp.

No need to start a new game - the mod 0.99alpha1 version should be fine being loaded at any point. The only time you might have a problem is if an older version of spectator crowds was loaded before in the same save game. However now that these big changes have been made, future upgrades should be ok going forward without clean saves being necessary.