44 minutes ago, kingofthenorth9 said:

so how do I fix this?

So far I can't see what is to fix.

If it's a broken download you can't fix the file, but you have to download the mod zip again.

Let's talk about a specific mod you want to download.

You want to download DDx 4.3

Click on the green download button => this opens a new window

Click on the gray download button => this brings you to the MEGA download page (after waiting)

Spoiler

download.jpg.f1200ffdc14a52570439b3f9a39aa03c.jpg

That's how the file looks on mega:

click on the download button

The file size is huge, so it will take a while to download.

Depending on the internet bandwidth you have, it might be a good idea not do download anything else while the MEGA download is still running.

This also includes watching any high definition streams.

Spoiler

download2.jpg.ee09c6e92a7454cc34fa7c027b388368.jpg

At the end you should get a file named "Devious Devices - Expansion 4.3a.7z"

The file ending *.7z shows that this is a file (or multiple files and folders) compressed by the program 7-zip.

A *.zip file can be added to your Modmanager

If the downloaded file shows as...

Devious Devices - Expansion 4.3a.7z

The explorer also shows the file as "7Z-file" in the category "type"

...you successfully downloaded DDx ? ready to be added to your Mod Manager.

In explorer zip files and other compressed files (rar for example) will look like this (in my explorer):

Spoiler

download3.jpg.9b52d78bb80090f371c9607df84a2e0e.jpg

Means in my case ZIP and RAR files are associated with the program 7-zip and will be opened by 7-zip if I double click them.

I can change the associated program if I wanted to by:

right click on the file => properties => open with: "change"

In this example I changed the associated program for ZIP files to Adobe Flash Player:

(only ZIP.files get a new associated program, because RAR-files are from another compression program, but Z-zip can open ZIP and RAR files)

Spoiler

download4.jpg.1c3bc0f7ae8024b443e9bc3019dc563a.jpg

This means that abcSexlife.zip is still a ZIP-file and will also be handled like one by a mod manager.

The only change here is that in explorer the file shows as associated to Adobe flash player and if I double click it, Windows will try to open that file with Adobe flash player instead of 7-zip (which will give a collection of error messages in this case ^^)

29 minutes ago, kingofthenorth9 said:

okay got it, so I have the three DD (assets, integration, expansion) files as .zip. 

Sweet =D

Now you have to use the holy adeptus mechanicus oil on your Mod Manager. Be sure to make it really oily (very important for NMM users). ?

After this ritual act to appease the holy machine spirit, you can add those files to your mod manager and install them ?

thanks for the Help! So I want to make sure I have the installation right I first(1) install and enable Devious Devices assets, then (2)run FNIS then (3) start up Skyrim and create a new save then (4) I install and enable Devious Devices intergradation and expansion then (5) run body slides. Then install and enable Devious cursed loot. 

I am making sure I read the instructions correct.

1 hour ago, kingofthenorth9 said:

thanks for the Help! So I want to make sure I have the installation right I first(1) install and enable Devious Devices assets, then (2)run FNIS then (3) start up Skyrim and create a new save then (4) I install and enable Devious Devices intergradation and expansion then (5) run body slides. Then install and enable Devious cursed loot. 

Assets, expansion and cursed loot all require you to run bodyslide after installation. Integration (and possibly expansion) require you to run generate FNIS for users after installation.

My advice would be: (1) install and enable dd assets, (2) run bodyslide and build all dd assets meshes, (3) install and enable dd integration, (4) install and enable dd expansion, (5) run bodyslide and build all dd expansion meshes, (6) install and enable cursed loot, (7) run bodyslide and build all cursed loot meshes, (8) run generate FNIS for users.

You could also simplify this by doing the following: (1) install all devious mods, (2) run bodyslide and build all devious meshes, (3) run generate FNIS for users. The reason I do it step-by-step, is because the devious meshes are scattered across various different groups in bodyslide, making it very easy to miss some of them if you're trying to build them all at once.

4 hours ago, kingofthenorth9 said:

Waaay too complicated.

Install:

all requirements for DD and DCL

DDa

DDx

DDi

Run Bodyslide

Run FNIS

done!

Test ingame, start with LAL.

If you managed to install all requirements for Sexlab and DD already you can also install DCL right away.

Don't forget to run bodyslide for DCL too and start FNIS again.

test ingame, start with LAL.

For a basic DD setup check also

Question on the install. Running bodyslide to build the assets, I'm getting an option for a number of items that lists either UUNP CBBE or UUNP/CBBE. Not exactly sure what the difference is between those two as they seem to be identical. Thank you

On 5/17/2020 at 5:56 AM, donttouchmethere said:

If you like leather sounds instead:

Since you seem to be a living sexlab mod achieve :D

Do you by any chance know a replacer for the sexlab slurping sound for oral sex ?

It drives me crazy and reminds me more of bad table manners than anything else.

6 minutes ago, Jahtoris said:

Question on the install. Running bodyslide to build the assets, I'm getting an option for a number of items that lists either UUNP CBBE or UUNP/CBBE. Not exactly sure what the difference is between those two as they seem to be identical. Thank you

?

What body type did you choose the moment you installed bodyslide and outfit studio?

The body you installed for your PC decides what you build.

For example if your main body is UUNP you generate only the UUNP meshes for DDx.

Don't mix them.

5 minutes ago, Gräfin Zeppelin said:

Since you seem to be a living sexlab mod achieve

I which, I lurk mostly on the dark side :classic_ph34r:

6 minutes ago, Gräfin Zeppelin said:

Do you by any chance know a replacer for the sexlab slurping sound for oral sex ?

It drives me crazy and reminds me more of bad table manners than anything else.

?

That's a good question.

There are some on LL, but I didn't try them (or was scared away?)

Added to the list of "fine tune meeee"

just happy atm that this combo works:

Spoiler

@Corsayr's crazy extra voices!

I mean... I doubt it's Corsayr's voice ?

43 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

I which, I lurk mostly on the dark side :classic_ph34r:

?

That's a good question.

There are some on LL, but I didn't try them (or was scared away?)

Added to the list of "fine tune meeee"

just happy atm that this combo works:

Reveal hidden contents

@Corsayr's crazy extra voices!

I mean... I doubt it's Corsayr's voice ?

Oh I will check that out, thanks alot.

2 hours ago, Jahtoris said:

It's actually normal that some devices are for both CBBE and UUNP, i have those too. But on the list after that they are all just UUNP as the selected body:

Spoiler

Bodyslide_build.png.70a92bd4893ed9d86dca9552ac796542.png

5 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

?

What body type did you choose the moment you installed bodyslide and outfit studio?

The body you installed for your PC decides what you build.

For example if your main body is UUNP you generate only the UUNP meshes for DDx.

Don't mix them.

I use the sevenbase cbbe body (very familiar with BS - used it for years in FO4). I am getting 2 output options for a number of items within DD when I batch build them. What is throwing me off is that the two options look to be the same. One is "UUNP CBBE", the other is "UUNP/CBBE". I was just curious what the difference was.

55 minutes ago, eduardo32 said:

is this incompatible with paradise halls enhanced pahe? when i install its just fine but when i start pahe then it crashes if i reload :/ is there any patch or am i doing something wrong? 

It's compatible with PAHE.

Even if you miss the PAHE devious Patch you won't get a CTD.

There seems to be another issue there.

I'm a bit confused about TBBP support. Every device that has to do with the breasts has inconsistent HDT physics. The boobs wobble separately from the devices.

On github there are the following instructions "If using UNP-TBBP body, install Core and UNP files as above, then drag and drop the contense of the "02 UNP (TBBP)" folder into your /Skyrim/Data/ folder afterwards, say yes to merge and overwrite." but no "02 UNP (TBBP)" exists. Not in the loverlab download and not in the github download.

9 hours ago, eichabbs said:

I'm a bit confused about TBBP support. Every device that has to do with the breasts has inconsistent HDT physics. The boobs wobble separately from the devices.

On github there are the following instructions "If using UNP-TBBP body, install Core and UNP files as above, then drag and drop the contense of the "02 UNP (TBBP)" folder into your /Skyrim/Data/ folder afterwards, say yes to merge and overwrite." but no "02 UNP (TBBP)" exists. Not in the loverlab download and not in the github download.

I don't exactly know what TBBP means anymore tbh, it was some kind of old breast physics thing that has nothing to do with HDT. If you see *BBP related settings and mods just ignore them, use HDT instead. There are breast & butt physics settings for HDT mods in nexus too. You need HDT-PhysicsExtensions, XPMSE skeleton, FNIS, run Bodyslide batch build with morphs. HDT-PE for SkyrimLE, HDT-SMP for SkyrimSE.

Hi all,

I just wanted to let you all know that due to the high number of abusive/fraudulent pledges I got on my Patreon, I felt forced to change the payment model to "upfront". For my genuine supporters, nothing will change. You will still get charged the same way you always were, on the 1st of each month. But for those of you who felt the need to sign up just to read up on the occasional updates I give to the fraction of people here who support me financially and then drop the pledge 5 minutes after, without ever getting charged once: Sorry, but no, this won't work anymore. From this day on, if you want to read these postings, you will get charged at least one buck!

From the astonishing amount of people performing the "pledge and run" scheme, one would think I'd offer DCL 12.0 behind a paywall or so. It's mindboggling, really. Hello? My Patreon is a TIP JAR! There is nothing there you can steal except maybe a few bits of info I give to my supporters the general public might get later. Pledge if you like my stuff and want to support me, don't otherwise. It's really that simple.

/rant

PS: To the 0.000-something percent of everyone who ever downloaded my mods and chose to tip me: Thank you. I wouldn't be here anymore without you guys.

Hello, I am doing a game and want to include a multitude of these mods in for the flavor but I would like to avoid a total stand still. Is there any settings you suggest altering to assist in this? Previous playthroughs have seen me try and get some devices removed and I instead get into more trouble. Some devices making gameplay more or less impossible and might as well reload an older save. I'm asking this here because this is the main master for most of my issue mods and is the current active one in development. 

36 minutes ago, corvusbray said:

Hello, I am doing a game and want to include a multitude of these mods in for the flavor but I would like to avoid a total stand still. Is there any settings you suggest altering to assist in this? Previous playthroughs have seen me try and get some devices removed and I instead get into more trouble. Some devices making gameplay more or less impossible and might as well reload an older save. I'm asking this here because this is the main master for most of my issue mods and is the current active one in development. 

You can reduce the device escape difficulty in the MCM menu. or you can add the mds to your mmod list which makes escaping easier. Cursed Loot, Devious Device Helpers, Devious Lore, Laura's Bondage shop. These mods provide keys to escape or give the ability for NPC's to free you or both.