[Abandoned]Bandit Slut

Guest IAmTheOneWhoKnocks

Guest IAmTheOneWhoKnocks

OK, I would recommend not downloading until I work out the dialogue blocking issue. I won't have time today but maybe tomorrow.

My problem seems to have been a conflict with the Open Cities mod, which removes the loading screens when entering and exiting the city. Once I activated the Markath gate, he appeared in the market and I was able to talk to him. I'll let you know if I have any other problems.

Update; Your mod won't work with Open Cities. Once you go through Markath's gate, triggering the loading screen, the merchant appears and activates the quest. However, you can no longer go through any doors, period. They open just a little bit, then stop. I had to disable your mod and start with an older save.

Open Cities conflicts with a lot of good mods, unfortunately, and needs the right hardware and right set-up to work at all; even with a doctored load order and my computer's hardware I can't get that mod to work stably.  It's no surprise it conflicts with this one.

I hope Bandit Slut's issues get fixed soon.  Will you be considering follower support once the core feature has been stabilized?  I'd love to make use of this mod but it just doesn't mesh well as-is with my main character playstyle, which is a male PC.  Most bandits are male, and that's just something I don't want to see.  But offering up female followers in lieu of that would mesh easily enough, I think, and I'd love to see that become an option.

errrr tried v1.1 after getting collared I can't talk to almost anyone. No shop, no carriage, not even followers. Some quest based NPC dialog seems to be ok like the murder when entering Markarth.

Bandits seem even more hostile than before. The ones that are territorial who usually tell you to stay back attack on sight. However it seems like dialog can trigger if they aren't hostile, I had Defeat on, not sure about any animation follow up or actively engaging in dialog with them. I could try calm spells.

The bandit camp near Whiterun, the one sort of in a cave, always have a horse, the horse was soliciting for sex :lol: but nothing gets trigger tho.

I have this same issue, talked to the fella in the silver blood then the merchant, collared and now no dialog is possible with anyone. Bandits attack on sight too... but I speculate would be more dialog with the initial npcs first, I suppose?

I hope Iamtheone can look into this soon... looks like an interesting mod ... so far.

OK, I would recommend not downloading until I work out the dialogue blocking issue. I won't have time today but maybe tomorrow.

would a papyrus log assist? been away for a bit so late seeing your mod but given it a try and had the same dialogue issue

What should happen if you are already wearing a collar when you speak to the NPC? i'd tried out another start up mod and had the posture collar on so it just added this mods collar to inventory

for some reason i still have the issue that i cant talk to anyone. only the toll booth bandits

I thought I tested them?... not sure, been a few days. Makes me want to install it again and debug. :/ Something in my mind though makes me wonder if it's possible the collar has a gag properties? Not sure if I had Gagquest in or not? 

Guest IAmTheOneWhoKnocks

Ok, not had much time but I've worked out that the bug is not caused by the collar. This probably means that it is some sort of faction problem(?) And I'll try to have a look into it.

I am intrigued by the mod. Can someone who has used it and seen what all there is care to explain it in more detail? I think I understand but since the mod author has said it is broken at the moment I have not installed it to give it a try.

Here's what I think it aims to do:

Talk to a quest NPC in Markarth and get the choice to have bandits not be hostile towards you. In return PC will get collared, but can walk into bandits areas. Bandits will also have unique dialog when PC is near. What I am unsure is if bandits are meant to force trigger animation on PC each time PC gets near to an area or will it trigger by talking to them then can proceed to their turf without aggro. Or maybe it is just flavor text and PC can go wherever as soon as the deal was made.

What it actually does in my game:

Talking to the quest NPC and getting collared works. But after getting collar I can't talk to anyone, and by that I mean everyone, can not talk to friendly NPCs, shop keepers, jarl, guards, follower, etc. with the exception of a few quest/event based dialog.

Bandits also do not become passive, they still attack. However if for whatever reason they drop their aggro (say Defeat trigger) they will say a few lines that seem to suggest they know about PC's dealing with the quest NPC and is asking for sex.

Also a Horse in a bandit camp asked PC for sex, since I guess the horse is passive and is in the bandit faction.

Just installed this to try it out and got the "No dialogue to NPC" bug after being collared as the others.

Being curious I looked at the mod in TES5Edit and noticed an entirely empty Dialog Topic,

could this eventually be the cause of the bug?

It´s "BanditSlaveDialogueBranchStartTopic" (FormID 040012DA and 04001845).

Those two are entirely empty, all other Dialog Topics actually have dialogues in them.

As i´m no modder I don´t have a clue if this and the bug are related in any way, just thought I´d mention it.