Risen 3 Titan Lords PC

winny257

Played the shit out of the whole gothic series, with all its bugs and errors and i still loved it. Risen 1 was very nice actually albeit a bit short.

I stopped playing risen 2 after the first 30 minutes, felt like monkeys fighting with sticks and the flair was just...wrong.

Risen 3 looks a lot more like it should be, i'm most likely getting it from what i see currently.

Though I am german the Gothic-Series (and Risen inofficially belongs to them, in some way) never really "got me" ... Don't know why, maybe because if I am forced to play a dude it should better be one of Geralt-calibre, not another bland amnesiac. And the world just wasn't my cup of tea either...and Risen just looks too "tropical" to me, especially the second one...it just doesn't "spark" anything with me, but few games do recently, maybe I am just getting old

But there are some hilarious bug-videos about Gothic 3 iirc :lol:

I got gothic from store on launch, I was just in store and noticed a new game. Thing that made me buy it was it description - from current day perspective it description was a a greatly exaggerated but anyway It was different from other crpgs.

Overall it was good series some fresh ideas ect. But it ended on part 3 which was buggy like shit, I shuffled it and haven't put hand on it ever since.

I tried risen, and second and all was outdated crap to me, I don't expect form 3 to be anything different. If it will be good at last I will be surprised in good way :P

But for sure I'm not buying it without trying it out first.

Gothic serie was nice.

Then risen came was ok but not above avarage,

2 was abomination.

And what ive heared and read and see im not buying it seems worse then risen 2.

High prais from me in gothic series after that it went downhill now i don´t belive anymore in piranha bites.

Well i got it. And i have to say i like it very much so far. Has the old feeling or "Do some shit if you want to get in here!" just like in Gothic. <3

Also, not sure about the english version, but the choice of words is again, very agressive and just as in the good games of the series. Plot seems interesting so far and also gives the name finally a meaning to be named Risen.

Frankly i expected at least a few bugs, knowing the Gothic series but i have to say, i encountered none so far. Now i'll continue to explore and incinerate hell hound asses with my fancy magic glove.

I don't regret the purchase at all.

I have seen it, and played for some time. I have to say that it is improvement since risen. Not bad game at all. Although to much grind and running (I know about teleporting stones but finding them is a pain.)

It's been that way since Gothic 1, although i don't really get the grinding part you're referring to. Guess it comes down to mentality if someone just desperately wants to get as much points as possible or just explores and gets them as he plays.

Personally i prefer the latter.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived