What really pisses you off? please no posts about nexus lol

1. self-centered people
  2. when someone says to me "WHAT i can't hear you" ....
  3. idiots on the road
  4. when you have to explain something super super super simple over and over again because the person you are talking to can't get it
  5. injustice ( not the game )
  6. EA
  7. micro transactions
  8. facebook posts
  9. someone making a mess for 0.01 ec after you just finished cleaning
  10. lairs 
  11. benefiting from someone/something in bad condition

aaand thats all i can think for now lol

40 minutes ago, EvalovesEP said:

> I call it a syndrome because every new politician got infected when coming into to Governmental council.

But, agree with you in general; they are all lairs and demagogues + mass manipulators. :)

They are not really infected, they just show their true color :) 

Power and money corrupts, but these guys was rotten way before.

Just now, EvalovesEP said:

Haha .... I wanted to say that we are talking about same thing looking at it from different sides and using different terminology but in essence we agree :)

I dunno what the word meant, but similar in my language to the word we say potato :) 

On 10/10/2018 at 9:17 AM, Reginald_001 said:

I had thought up of a new way to resize images with minimal loss of quality.

I worked for 7 days straight on creating a mathematical formula that could help.

On Sunday I had a Eureka moment and I was resizing images with such high quality!

Then I wanted to tweak my algorithm a bit so I google some mathematics.

Then I fucking found out that I had re-invented the Lanczos resizing algorithm...

I fucking, fucking, fucking.. HATE being a genius after the fact..

To make it clear, without knowing anything/a lot about math, and just wanting to solve the issue of resizing image I invented this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lanczos_resampling

Now I'm wondering, does that make me as smart as Lanczos was? After all, I did invent the exact same math..

Yes... it does.
Creation of something without any exposure to the original creation, independently creating something .. yes.. it does.

I stopped watching TV. The reportage I saw today pissed me off so much that I broke it in pieces. You can hate me for saying this and I don't care: FUCK ALL who neglect, reject and deny own child driving it out of home because they loves their fucking stinking pet more than own child. Poor 8 year old kid lived on the streets for months eating the food from trash. I wish his parents and all who did the same to their kids to die in long and most terrible pains that exist and can be imagined. Such despicable creatures do not deserve to live.  If I will ever meet them (they live in our capitol) I will break all their bones and kill their fucking stupid stinking dog.

13 minutes ago, Elf Prince said:

I stopped watching TV. The reportage I saw today pissed me off so much that I broke it in pieces. You can hate me for saying this and I don't care: FUCK ALL who neglect, reject and deny own child driving it out of home because they loves their fucking stinking pet more than own child. Poor 8 year old kid lived on the streets for months eating the food from trash. I wish his parents and all who did the same to their kids to die in long and most terrible pains that exist and can be imagined. Such despicable creatures do not deserve to live.  If I will ever meet them (they live in our capitol) I will break all their bones and kill their fucking stupid stinking dog.

Why even give birth a life, whats point being parent for them, if they do this kind of shit..

2 hours ago, dagobaking said:

The frequency of discord updates.

Yea, turn on discord .... update... turn it off and decide later to turn it on... update.  (It feels that way lol)  I guess it could be worse... no updates or support at all...

On a tangent.. I believe Discord is trying to do more than they should with their game links and other tools. Why do I need that. Why do you keep on telling me that?  Why can't you just do what you do best... provide a communication platform... ?  Mini rant. lol

1 hour ago, RitualClarity said:

Yea, turn on discord .... update... turn it off and decide later to turn it on... update.  (It feels that way lol)  I guess it could be worse... no updates or support at all...

On a tangent.. I believe Discord is trying to do more than they should with their game links and other tools. Why do I need that. Why do you keep on telling me that?  Why can't you just do what you do best... provide a communication platform... ?  Mini rant. lol

yeah. the updating just seems like they arent planning their work properly. its sometimes more than one in a day. lol

they just this week launched a game store.

i hear what you are saying. i hoping it doesnt take away from the core features. BUT, to be honest, I would love for them to take over Steam's space.

I've had some negative Steam experiences and would really like to jump that ship.

You guys know I do IT in a (large) hospital.

One of the things I do is a lot of data mining, finding trends in large amounts of data that can help our doctors to create better prognosis.

I have been instructed to do some data mining on smoke-victims, people that got lung cancer or  lung diseases from smoking.

Because the numbers don't look negative enough, I am being instructed to simply count any kind of external factor (e.g. particulate matter, asbestos) as 'tabacco' death.

This just caused the 'cause of death by smoking' to go up with 38%.

YOU ARE BEING LIED TO, PEOPLE..

And when all of this is said and done, and everyone stopped smoking?

There will be just as much cases of lung cancers and diseases, because you know what?

In Indonesia and other non-industrial areas, where often nearly 70% of population smokes, lung cancer nearly does not exist.

So keep believing the lies, especially if they make you feel good.

People need leadership, they'd be lost without it.

1 hour ago, Alkpaz said:

Reginald, how about people who vape deaths? :P If that is what they are counting, then any vaper who dies should also be caused by tobacco products. :D BTW, I'm a vaper, smoked 2 packs a day for 16yrs been 5 yrs since my last analog (tobacco cig), yet the media down here says it is worse than smoking. Funny, I feel better, I no longer struggle to breathe, I don't wake up in the middle of the night vomitting because I can't breathe, my taste buds returned, my clothes no longer reek of smoke, I suffer rare headaches, when they were almost daily. (popped a ton of aspirin during those 16yrs), etc. But, yups, vaping is bad. 

They will not quit, Reginald, the tobacco industry and the heath care (Pharma) industry are linked.

We actually did deep research on that. The smoke used in vapes is mostly the same as that used in movies, clubs and music videos.

It consists of PG, VG and Nicotine, all substances which (unless you have allergies like me) have proven over a longer time (50 years of use) to not be harmful to the human body.. or at least not harmful in any way when compared to tabacco, fuel exhausts and industry pollutants (e.g. particulate matter is of HUGE concern). (please note: Nicotine in itself CAN be harmful if used too much, this is a relative comparison: VAPING IS BAD FOR YOU).

The first cases of people becoming sick of particulate matter which is so small that it can penetrate skin are being reported in industry heavy areas.

These particulates are so small (after industrial processes like burning and chemical treatments) that these so called 'micro-fibers' and 'micro particles' can penetrate skin, then get stuck in organs and against bone, they settle and disrupt cell function, can cause infections and inflammation. There's not much the human body can do against these, cells are simply not equipped to fight these.. It's like trying to type on a keyboard with oven-gloves.

More and more doctors are saying to me that these could be in fact the cause for so much more cases of cancer. Of course, they are (admittedly) guessing almost as much as we non-medical persons are... :(

14 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

You guys know I do IT in a (large) hospital.

One of the things I do is a lot of data mining, finding trends in large amounts of data that can help our doctors to create better prognosis.

I have been instructed to do some data mining on smoke-victims, people that got lung cancer or  lung diseases from smoking.

Because the numbers don't look negative enough, I am being instructed to simply count any kind of external factor (e.g. particulate matter, asbestos) as 'tabacco' death.

This just caused the 'cause of death by smoking' to go up with 38%.

YOU ARE BEING LIED TO, PEOPLE..

And when all of this is said and done, and everyone stopped smoking?

There will be just as much cases of lung cancers and diseases, because you know what?

In Indonesia and other non-industrial areas, where often nearly 70% of population smokes, lung cancer nearly does not exist.

So keep believing the lies, especially if they make you feel good.

People need leadership, they'd be lost without it.

Still hate smoking, still don't want it around me.  My understanding is that those who get second hand smoke are the worst affected, as the smokers have filters on their cigarettes. And it certainly feels that way. I don't know why your hospital isn't tracking second hand involuntary smokers, instead of faking results on smokers.

I had a bad case of a rare form of pneumonia when I was a child- I nearly died. Doctors didn't know where it came from. Looks like now from the descriptions of third hand smoke, that's where it came from. My mother was a heavy and a very selfish smoker.  Between my brother and me, we shared every effect described from third hand smoke. That's not even mentioning problems such as emphysema that is directly tied to being exposed to smoke, first or second hand, which many people have attested to.

Certainly industrial pollution is bad, too. Lady who is a religious hermit in Siberia gets sick every time she goes into a town and is exposed to car exhaust and other pollutants,. Cigarette smoke gets into your personal space, and is relatively concentrated compared to the air pollution.

Indonesians might have a diet that is effective in preventing cancer. There could be many factors that keep them from getting cancer. Good air might be a help in countering the worst effect of smoking.

Anything that irritates the lungs can cause cancer. Think about it. If smoking doesn't have a good chance of causing lung cancer, then why do so many smokers cough?

16 hours ago, dagobaking said:

yeah. the updating just seems like they arent planning their work properly. its sometimes more than one in a day. lol

they just this week launched a game store.

i hear what you are saying. i hoping it doesnt take away from the core features. BUT, to be honest, I would love for them to take over Steam's space.

I've had some negative Steam experiences and would really like to jump that ship.

Sounds like they update their programs Iike I update my guide :P lol

It isn't a core feature and it isn't really a replacement. I don't see it taking over Steam as you have to have it .. all that will happen is it (Discord) will start the manager (Steam in this case) and then start the game. It seems to me as just something else that can get messed up in the process. :( Bad enough to have to use the manager to play the games.

I have had some issues with Origin and some with Steam (different issues) however , all in all I still remember all the issues I had with gaming before (when you dropped cd after cd or dvd after dvd into the drive to install a game.  Then if one of them went bad.. you were FUCKED.... Not to mention 1000000000 different DRMS and such. Not to mention if the game flaked out you had to reinstall the entire game... again. from DVD/CD... :(  FUCK... now it isn't perfect but much better. Well that is my opinion. (Mini rant to stay on topic you know for when the moderators are watching  ?

1 hour ago, RitualClarity said:

I have had some issues with Origin and some with Steam (different issues) however , all in all I still remember all the issues I had with gaming before (when you dropped cd after cd or dvd after dvd into the drive to install a game.  Then if one of them went bad.. you were FUCKED.... Not to mention 1000000000 different DRMS and such. Not to mention if the game flaked out you had to reinstall the entire game... again. from DVD/CD... :(  FUCK... now it isn't perfect but much better. Well that is my opinion. (Mini rant to stay on topic you know for when the moderators are watching  ?

Yeah. We don't need to go back to CDs to have a company without bad customer service running things.

Steam acts like they can treat customers badly because... where else are they going to go? An undeserved monopoly there.

1 hour ago, dagobaking said:

Yeah. We don't need to go back to CDs to have a company without bad customer service running things.

Steam acts like they can treat customers badly because... where else are they going to go? An undeserved monopoly there.

I prefer Steam over the old CD "thang" ...

Also I havne't had any problems that couldn't be fixed quite quickly with Steam. However, yes, took some time if I had to go through their "ticket" system but was able to resolve the issues

There is Origin, GOG to use besides Steam. Now Bethesda has a service as well which will be selling (I presume) their new game Fallout 76 (and I assume all their other games as well) through their service.  I don't see Steam having much of a monopoly going forward...

1 hour ago, MadMansGun said:

Haven't used it yet. 

5 minutes ago, RitualClarity said:

I prefer Steam over the old CD "thang" ...

Also I havne't had any problems that couldn't be fixed quite quickly with Steam. However, yes, took some time if I had to go through their "ticket" system but was able to resolve the issues

There is Origin, GOG to use besides Steam. Now Bethesda has a service as well which will be selling (I presume) their new game Fallout 76 (and I assume all their other games as well) through their service.  I don't see Steam having much of a monopoly going forward...

Haven't used it yet. 

those arent really comparable to steam. they are just selling their own brands games.

53 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

does gog have an installer/library like Steam? ive always only used it for discounts and then bring them into steam.

Yup

GOG GALAXY - https://www.gog.com/galaxy

The gaming Client designed for a convenient purchasing, playing and updating games, as well as an online play between gaming platforms, GOG Galaxy is also built with optionality in mind, and a belief that you should own the games you buy.

12 hours ago, dagobaking said:

does gog have an installer/library like Steam? ive always only used it for discounts and then bring them into steam.

Well mostly the GOG is DRM free, you install it and play, it no need for login or something unless you care meaningless stuff like achievents.

However most of stuff there is old games and rpg-s.