Dibellan Defender - Naked Heroines of Skyrim

I came here to ask a question about armor ratings being 0 and saw the comment about jcontainers v3 and slavetats 1.0.4, both of which I've been using.  I thought the 0 armor was a feature of the mod (or is it still intentional?), since Dibella wouldn't want me wearing them...but it seems like it is due to the versions of those other mods.  Is this a cosmetic issue or are the armor ratings actually 0?  If actually 0, is it effecting the NPC's as well?  I'm hoping I can just continue along with the versions I have without downgrading and just upgrade DD when it is fully compatible with those other mods.  I wouldn't want Lydia to suffer 0 armor rating because my character is a nudist ;)

BTW, loving this mod very much.  Aside from the 0 armor thing, it all seems to be working perfectly, though I'd love to have some detailed info of what's been modified on the active effects page (which has already been mentioned).

If you're naked, or only wearing clothing that Dibella approves of, your armor rating increases with your level. If you put on disapproved clothing, your armor rating drops to 0.

If that's not happening, you probably have a version mismatch somewhere. That's where the vast majority of people's problems come from.

Sorry, I wasn't specific enough.  My active armor rating looks OK.  It's when I view a piece of armor, whether wearing or just in inventory, the armor rating of the item shows 0 when I know it should be something higher (not clothing).

Edit: I believe I know what is happening here.  Apparently the game engine reduces armor ratings to compensate for high damage reduction values (apparently around 80%).  The attempt of the engine is to prevent 100% damage reduction.  Apparently I'm a naked tank. Dibella be praised! wink.png

Damage reduction is indeed capped at 80%. I'm assuming the game displays all unequipped armor ratings at 0 at that point so the player knows that equipping it has no benefit.

Exactly this.  Nothing to do with DD, except the fact Dibella really loves me and is keeping me safe from harm ;)

Different topic: Succubus curse - I triggered it via MCM without really digging into what it was.  I disabled it in the MCM, but I still have the Corrupted quest entry in my journal.  I'm not certain if this is a finished feature that I can pursue or do I need other addons, like the PSQ Succubus scripts, to get the full benefit/immersion?  I didn't want anything that would interfere with being a vampire lord, so PSQ Succubus doesn't fit my playthrough right now.  Should I use console commands to get rid of the quest or is it something I can still pursue in the current version of DD?

Different topic: Succubus curse - I triggered it via MCM without really digging into what it was.  I disabled it in the MCM, but I still have the Corrupted quest entry in my journal.  I'm not certain if this is a finished feature that I can pursue or do I need other addons, like the PSQ Succubus scripts, to get the full benefit/immersion?  I didn't want anything that would interfere with being a vampire lord, so PSQ Succubus doesn't fit my playthrough right now.  Should I use console commands to get rid of the quest or is it something I can still pursue in the current version of DD?

That's not really relevant to Dibellan Defender. Basically, it doesn't care whether you're a succubus or not.

That's not really relevant to Dibellan Defender. Basically, it doesn't care whether you're a succubus or not.

Though it would be a nice story twist if Dibella was the one behind creating Succubi. Hmm...

I like this mod so far, REALLY like it, but major gripes.

I can't find the debug switch to shut off the spam in my error log regarding what dibella does and doesn't approve of.

where normally after a few hours I have maybe 800 kb, with this mod it's tripled. :/

I can't find the debug switch to shut off the spam in my error log regarding what dibella does and doesn't approve of.

where normally after a few hours I have maybe 800 kb, with this mod it's tripled. :/

Unless you're debugging something, you should have the log turned off entirely.

Also, either you're taking things off and putting them on constantly, or you've got one of the common problems arising from mismatched mod versions that puts DibDef into a loop.

tried this mod out for this first time, when using the weapons, they are constantly being removed, and re-added.

That's probably the same loop problem I mentioned in my last post. Make sure everything is up to date: SlaveTats, JContainers, SKSE, etc.

Unless you're debugging something, you should have the log turned off entirely.

Also, either you're taking things off and putting them on constantly, or you've got one of the common problems arising from mismatched mod versions that puts DibDef into a loop.

i'm frequently debugging, looking for problems, and often fixing them. I'm not sure what you mean by mismatched mod versions, as I have jcontainers 3.1 and slavetats 1.04. I am often swapping items out, not to mention all the bondage gear that pops up from mods like deviously cursed loot. is there a way to tell if the mod's "stuck"? maybe something like the MCM menu staying blank?

That being said, I am really looking forward to a "disable debug mode" toggle for this mod, if there isn't one already :/ a lot of other mods have it.

If you're seeing DibDef triple the size of your log, it's stuck in a loop.

2 things then:

1) how do I fix it?

2) how do I prevent it? all mods except jcontainers are the versions you specified. i'm using 3.1 for that mod.

If you have the wrong JContainers, things will not work.

That's probably the same loop problem I mentioned in my last post. Make sure everything is up to date: SlaveTats, JContainers, SKSE, etc.

It's quite impossible to bring everything up-to-date and use the listed version of JContainers simultaneously.

It's quite impossible to bring everything up-to-date and use the listed version of JContainers simultaneously.

True. You'll have to make hard decisions about which mods you want to use until all of them are on the same JContainers.

If Jcontainers is going to bust your nutz on every update maybe its time to look at an alternate. I can do minor mod work and such for myself, but if I had created and put all the time you guys have in creating mods, I would somewhat pissed that I was being put in a bad light for a supposed framework mod that does not have to deal with the public like you guys. I feel for you from a perspective of understanding the work and time you have put in.

any plan adding new effect like "walk on water" in foot tatoo 

what is "heresy" tatoo effect  ???

I don't have any plans for new features in DibDef right now.

The heresy tattoo makes Skyrim a lot more dangerous overall (apply it and play for a while, you'll feel it.). Apart from that, it also unlocks a tattoo that lets you manifest a big magic axe.

If Jcontainers is going to bust your nutz on every update maybe its time to look at an alternate. I can do minor mod work and such for myself, but if I had created and put all the time you guys have in creating mods, I would somewhat pissed that I was being put in a bad light for a supposed framework mod that does not have to deal with the public like you guys. I feel for you from a perspective of understanding the work and time you have put in.

The thing is, without JContainers, SlaveTats would have been impossible and this mod would have been too much trouble to bother with.

Besides, 3.1 works fine with both DibDef and SlaveTats. It's what I use.

none too happy, but I've had to unininstall the mod. my 2 main motivators are, of course, that I can't adjust the dmg of my weapons lower, due to the loop the mod gets stuck in, and that it fills my log file so much.

really wish I knew what "mismatched mod versions" and all that other stuff really meant, since it appears i'm on the same versions as the author -.-

EDIT: deleted double post due to network malfunction

The thing is, without JContainers, SlaveTats would have been impossible and this mod would have been too much trouble to bother with.

Besides, 3.1 works fine with both DibDef and SlaveTats. It's what I use.

I am on the same version as you and are getting the same spam logs increase with dibdef as the other guy.