Dibellan Defender - Naked Heroines of Skyrim

Love the new version with the weapons. I like where this mod is headed. Keep up the good work. Not clear, though, on what effects the heretic tat has. What do you mean by hardcore effects?

Anyway, I've been running the mod along with Requiem and didn't see any problems. I still need to avoid fire mages and archers, but that's to be expected. And should anyone feel that Dibella's tats don't cover enough of the body, use the full-body Nord tats from the SlaveTats mod (separate DL) in Body slot #6. All I need now is something lore-friendly for the feet and I'm all set.

Again, great mod!

seems to work perfectly for me now, thanks for the update.

edit: noticed something odd a minute ago.  is it intentional that when you have the tattoos applied that armor pieces appear to have 0 armor rating?  maybe something i tick'd in the mcm menu?

It doesn't touch the armor rating of any item, except the manifested shield...

Hey, I've been having a problem with this mod. I applied all of the tattoos - I chose warrior calling, and a few other random things. I noticed that my wardsign isn't working. My armor rating reads 0 in the inventory screen, and the only active effect I have is "dibella warrior calling." I'll assume the other effects aren't working either.

I unequipped all of my stuff except for an amulet and ring. I also use oakflesh to boost armor rating. Am also runing skyre.

Any advice?

Send me a Papyrus log. All of the tattoo effects show up in the active effects menu if they're actually operating, and what you're describing is what it looks like when Dibella isn't pleased with your outfit. The log should tell me why.

Not to sound noobish, but how do I generate a papyrus log? Or where do I find one?

Hey, I've been having a problem with this mod. I applied all of the tattoos - I chose warrior calling, and a few other random things. I noticed that my wardsign isn't working. My armor rating reads 0 in the inventory screen, and the only active effect I have is "dibella warrior calling." I'll assume the other effects aren't working either.

I unequipped all of my stuff except for an amulet and ring. I also use oakflesh to boost armor rating. Am also runing skyre.

Any advice?

Send me a Papyrus log. All of the tattoo effects show up in the active effects menu if they're actually operating, and what you're describing is what it looks like when Dibella isn't pleased with your outfit. The log should tell me why.

Not to sound noobish, but how do I generate a papyrus log? Or where do I find one?

edit/add this to skyrim.ini

[Papyrus]

bEnableLogging=1

bEnableTrace=1

bLoadDebugInformation=1

play a game and quit, then go to documents/my games/skyrim/logs and there you have them.

Any advice?

edit/add this to skyrim.ini

[Papyrus]

bEnableLogging=1

bEnableTrace=1

bLoadDebugInformation=1

play a game and quit, then go to documents/my games/skyrim/logs and there you have them.

Edit: It started working randomly, but now it's randomly not working again. Here is a papyrus log.

I don't see any sign that SlaveTats is operating in your log, @jase1126

That's a little surprising, since if Dibellan Defender ever worked, SlaveTats should be working too. Nevertheless, it seems to not be. That could trace back further to a problem releated to JContainers, such as a wrong version.

It's important to have the versions match up: DibDef 1.2 goes with SlaveTats 1.0.4 and JContainers 3.0.0. DibDef 1.1 goes with SlaveTats 1.0.3 and JContainers 0.67.5

Loving this mod.  I do have a couple of suggestions though.  It would be nice to have a hotkey option for toggleing Nightvision, and I would love to see what you could come up with for feet tattoos, maybe something that would give movement or carrying buffs.  I do have a question though.  Is it normal for the sword of grace to need to be equiped from inventory, or did I mess something up?

ok tried it again after a complete restart of the game.  Got into helgen keep and put on the tattoos right after having my bindings cut.  Ended up with the Bound Sword animation in my right hand after pressing R, with nothing equipped.  There was a sword of grace in my inventory though.  I placed Dibellan Defender at the bottom of my load list before this.  I'll look through some more stuff after I get some sleep.

Attached Papyrus Log.  I'm lost at this point.  Only the hand tattoos seem to be working strange.

EDIT:  It seems to have fixed itself.  I suspect that I might have been trying to draw weapons too soon after applying the tats.

It only runs checks when you equip or unequip something: it's event driven, not polled.

However, having the wrong version of SKSE (or sometimes JContainers, all though that tends to have different symptoms) can get you stuck in a loop. Basically, just install the latest versions of everything that DibDef depends on.

As a nudist in real life, I love this mod - it finally allows a nude character to survive in Skyrim!   However, after playing with it a while, I'm having a few problems, which are putting me on the verge of uninstalling it.

1.  Frostfall survival.   I've been playing with Frostfall for years, and love it.  But as far as I know, the only real way to not freeze to death when outside is to wear warm clothing - which, obviously, conflicts with the whole principle of DD.  I could, of course, simply disable Frostfall while using DD, which I may in fact do.  However, I'd really prefer it if I could have some DD tats that somehow increase my Frostfall exposure resistance.   Is this something you've ever considered adding?  And even if you haven't, I'm cool with modding stuff myself, so do you have any thoughts on how I could roll my own tats that do the same?

Postscript - I temporarily hacked it so that Fur Armor is nothing but a belt (using BodySlide and the CBBE skimpy Remodeled Armor) and made that acceptable to Dibella.  Thus, I get full fur exposure protection while being 'nude', and still have a belt to hang things on.   It also grants me some extra armor rating, but since I lower the Wardsign rating to only 10/level, it all works out.   And if I choose to enchant that armor, well, that's only me hurting myself...   Thanks for having an MCM to let me tweak things!

2.  Script Lag.   Frostfall - again - is complaining that I have terrible script lag - like it's taking 60 seconds do something that should take < 20.  Now, I have a bunch of other mods, so I don't know that DD is to blame - but before installing DD in this build, I never saw that message from Frostfall before.  I read in an earlier post that DD isn't as script heavy as one might think - just every few seconds for the nighteye and detect life tats.   Is this indeed the case?  Do they keep running even if I remove the tats?  Are there any others?  And if I remove the main DD tat, do *ALL* the scripts stop? 

And - I figure it never hurts to ask - would it be possible in some future release for you to add something to the MCM to control how often the nighteye/detect life effects run?  

3.  Tattoo misplacement.  One of the tats is on the breast, and looks like it should surround the nipple.  However, I use a CBBE body, and I see the tat as just above the nipple.   Is this due to CBBE?  And if so, is there any chance you might release versions of the tats for CBBE?

4.  I agree with everyone else who's posted that they'd like to see some more details on the actual effects of each tat on the 'active effects' screen.  I started the game without a printout, and basically had no idea what *ANY* of those tats actually did for me.

5.  And finally, as a wish for future direction of this mod, I would love it if those tats were only effective after going through some sort of 'Dibellan Initiation' quest, that would require me to *at least* go to the Temple and *ask* for these powers.   If the base initiation quest only activated the wardsign, and each other tat was only activated after some subsequent task, that would be even cooler.  I realize there is something else like that here on LL, but it says it doesn't work, and in any case, what I'm envisioning would require an extra condition on each perk.  That's asking for a lot, I know, but it never hurts to ask...

Again, I want to state that I love this mod, and would love to see it continue to be enhanced!

Galen

3.  Tattoo misplacement.  One of the tats is on the breast, and looks like it should surround the nipple.  However, I use a CBBE body, and I see the tat as just above the nipple.   Is this due to CBBE?  And if so, is there any chance you might release versions of the tats for CBBE?

Try the textures in the attachment. I tweaked a few for my own use and they may work for you.

deftatscbbe.7z

As a nudist in real life, I love this mod - it finally allows a nude character to survive in Skyrim!   However, after playing with it a while, I'm having a few problems, which are putting me on the verge of uninstalling it.

1.  Frostfall survival.   I've been playing with Frostfall for years, and love it.  But as far as I know, the only real way to not freeze to death when outside is to wear warm clothing - which, obviously, conflicts with the whole principle of DD.  I could, of course, simply disable Frostfall while using DD, which I may in fact do.  However, I'd really prefer it if I could have some DD tats that somehow increase my Frostfall exposure resistance.   Is this something you've ever considered adding?  And even if you haven't, I'm cool with modding stuff myself, so do you have any thoughts on how I could roll my own tats that do the same?

Postscript - I temporarily hacked it so that Fur Armor is nothing but a belt (using BodySlide and the CBBE skimpy Remodeled Armor) and made that acceptable to Dibella.  Thus, I get full fur exposure protection while being 'nude', and still have a belt to hang things on.   It also grants me some extra armor rating, but since I lower the Wardsign rating to only 10/level, it all works out.   And if I choose to enchant that armor, well, that's only me hurting myself...   Thanks for having an MCM to let me tweak things!

2.  Script Lag.   Frostfall - again - is complaining that I have terrible script lag - like it's taking 60 seconds do something that should take < 20.  Now, I have a bunch of other mods, so I don't know that DD is to blame - but before installing DD in this build, I never saw that message from Frostfall before.  I read in an earlier post that DD isn't as script heavy as one might think - just every few seconds for the nighteye and detect life tats.   Is this indeed the case?  Do they keep running even if I remove the tats?  Are there any others?  And if I remove the main DD tat, do *ALL* the scripts stop? 

And - I figure it never hurts to ask - would it be possible in some future release for you to add something to the MCM to control how often the nighteye/detect life effects run?  

4.  I agree with everyone else who's posted that they'd like to see some more details on the actual effects of each tat on the 'active effects' screen.  I started the game without a printout, and basically had no idea what *ANY* of those tats actually did for me.

5.  And finally, as a wish for future direction of this mod, I would love it if those tats were only effective after going through some sort of 'Dibellan Initiation' quest, that would require me to *at least* go to the Temple and *ask* for these powers.   If the base initiation quest only activated the wardsign, and each other tat was only activated after some subsequent task, that would be even cooler.  I realize there is something else like that here on LL, but it says it doesn't work, and in any case, what I'm envisioning would require an extra condition on each perk.  That's asking for a lot, I know, but it never hurts to ask...

Again, I want to state that I love this mod, and would love to see it continue to be enhanced!

Galen

Dibella's Recruit applies everything except the Wardsign; adding one tat manually is not too bad, right? Still working on getting that one, but I'll figure it out soon. :) 

Perhaps I'll expand it. I like that idea.

not sure if this has been mentioned b4 but the weapon tattoos dont work during the thalmore embassy quest. the weapons wont spawn. atleast not that 1st part indoors when malborne locks the door behind u and youre on your own. once i got outside in the courtyard i was able to spawn the macabre axe again but i think i actually reloaded my game and thats y it worked again

Try the textures in the attachment. I tweaked a few for my own use and they may work for you.

Thanks!  I've temporarily switched to the tribal tats, which seem less problematic, but I'll give those a try.

Dibella's Recruit applies everything except the Wardsign; adding one tat manually is not too bad, right? Still working on getting that one, but I'll figure it out soon. :)

Perhaps I'll expand it. I like that idea.

What I was thinking is that you can *apply* the tats at any time (like any tat), but until you've completed the proper rituals for Dibella, she won't *empower* the tats that you've applied.  I.e. have a condition on each perk of not just 'do you have the tat' but also 'have you completed the right quest stage'.   Actually getting the tats applied by quest is cool but unnecessary; as they stand, they're more like body paint rather than permanent tats, as it's nice to be able to reconfigure them in the course of play.  In any case, I regard the wardsign as the key first power - after all, if you're going around with no armor, you NEED protection, before you need extra powers.

I haven't looked at the code yet, but it seems to me that it should be fairly easy to make enchanted items or spells that check the same 'nude' status as the DD perks - so it doesn't have to be strictly tats.   How do the perks check for 'nude' status?  Is there a script variable or what?   Because now that the framework is in place, I think it would be cool to have various enchanted Dibellan objects around, that only work if you're nude (or in the future, have achieved a certain level of initiation in the cult AND are nude).  

DibDef doesn't have any continuously-running scripts. Not a single one, not even to trigger the nighteye and detect life effects. Nighteye is done entirely with Creation Kit conditions, and detect life/dead is event driven.

The tattoos are made for the UNP UV-map, which accounts for the misplacement on a CBBE body. Mostly that should be a small error, but it's particularly noticable around the breasts.

An idea I had to further overburden your already insufficent time would be to add a specific enhancement for Khajiit. As a replacement for the sword, dagger, or bow options, some sort of Magic claws.

Also, I would like to see the Weapon Damage, and Armor Rating Customization expanded to ALL the effects

Additionally, I will add to the requests to put in-game what the various tattoos do, I mean I have SkyUI, and I can guess what some of them are doing, but it's hardly exact.

Excellent Mod BTW, Started a new character just because of it.