Dibellan Defender - Naked Heroines of Skyrim

View File

Join the Dibellan Defenders today!

Fight naked against every danger known to Skyrim.

The Dibellan Defenders tattoo pack for SlaveTats 1.0+ makes nudity a viable option in Skyrim, by providing magical tattoos that combine to provide an assortment of protections and enchantments -- as long as you're naked.

Note: These spells are balanced against Skyrim + Apocalypse Spells + SPERG + ASIS + Climates of Tamriel + Nighteye Overhaul + ENB default configuration. If you have a different set up, you might find them a little over- or under-powered, but they should still be in the right ballpark.

The included tattoos are:

Dibellan Callings:

• Dibellan Warrior's Mark
  • Dibellan Assassin's Mark
  • Dibellan Wizard's Mark
  • Dibellan Scholar's Mark

The Dibellan Callings don't do anything by themselves, but you have to have one before you can access any of the other tattoos. When combined with a Dibellan Style, they grant powerful benefits.

Dibellan Styles:

• Glyph of Dibella's Grace
    • Combined with the Dibellan Warrior's Mark, grants damage resistance
    • Combined with the Dibellan Assassin's Mark, grants a Sneak bonus
    • Combined with the Dibellan Wizard's Mark, damages and drains stamina from nearby hostiles
    • Combined with the Dibellan Scholar's Mark, calms nearby low level hostiles

[*]Glyph of Dibella's Passion

• Combined with the Dibellan Warrior's Mark, grants stamina regeneration
    • Combined with the Dibellan Assassin's Mark, grant double sneak attack damage with one-handed weapons
    • Combined with the Dibellan Wizard's Mark, grants magicka regeneration
    • Combined with the Dibellan Scholar's Mark, grants shout cooldown time reduction

[*]Glyph of Dibella's Beauty

• Combined with the Dibellan Warrior's Mark, grants improved prices
    • Combined with the Dibellan Assassin's Mark, grants improved lockpicking
    • Combined with the Dibellan Wizard's Mark, grants improved persuade
    • Combined with the Dibellan Scholar's Mark, grants improved Speech

Dibellan Wardsign:

Each Mark-and-Glyph combination provides a powerful benefit, but none of them actually grant you an armor rating. The Wardsign grants you an armor rating that increases as your character gains levels, and a flat magic resistance.

Sigils:

You can choose one of three Sigils, each of which provides you with resistance to fire, frost, or shock. This resistance increases as your character levels up.

Emblems:

You can choose one of four emblems. Each emblem gives you three benefits:

• The Emblem of Craft fortifies Enchanting, Smithing and Alchemy
  • The Emblem of War fortifies One-Handed, Two-Handed and Block
  • The Emblem of Hunting fortifies Archery, silences you, and provides you with automatic night vision when it gets dark
  • The Emblem of Magic fortifies Destruction, Alteration and Restoration

Goddess Eyes:

You can pick one Goddess Eye tattoo. These are facial tattoos, so the don't appear on the SlaveTats body tab with the rest.

• The Goddess Eye of Life grants you occasional glimpses of Detect Life
  • The Goddess Eye of Death grants you occasional glimpses of Detect Dead

Manifested Weapons:

Manifested weapons are weapons that appear when you 'draw' and disappear when you 'sheath', as long as you aren't already weilding something (not even a spell) in that hand. They are tied to Dibellan tattoos that are inked on the back of a Dibellan's hands. Each manifested weapon grows in power as you level up.

• The Graceful Sword drains stamina on hit
  • The Passionate Dagger drains health on hit
  • The Beautiful Bow inflcts Frenzy on targets of level 12 or less. Works with normal arrows, but you can also use:
    • Arrows of Passion deal fire damage
    • Arrows of Beauty deal ice damage
    • Arrows of Grace deal shock damage

[*]The Shield of Dibella's Gaze is a shield, which gains armor rating as you level up

[*](only available to heretics) The Macabre Axe is a big, brutal axe which has a necromantic enchantment.

By choosing and combining the tattoos, you can create a collection of protections and fortifications that make armor unneccessary for a wide variety of characters. Then you can wander around Skyrim and have people make snide remarks about your nudity all day long.

A note on texture packs:

There are multiple texture packs for the Dibellan Defender tattoo pack. The original pack is bundled with the basic download: if you like those tattoos, you don't need to download a separate texture pack. If you like one of the alternate texture sets, just download it and overwrite the original files with the files in the texture pack. If you want to revert to the original textures, they've been provided as a separate download, which you can install just like any other texture pack.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    07/20/2014
  • Category
  • Requires
    SlaveTats 1.0.4+ and all of its requirements
  • Special Edition Compatible

Really cool idea.

I was thinking that maybe you could also it an alternate way to do the tattoo's and 'naked' system:

Make a mesh based tattoo solution that takes up the slots (basically a copy of the body mesh, layered on top of the actual body with like a .001 difference maybe)

And then apply textures on to it and use the ck's texture swap function to store variations of tattoo's for a naked style gameplay with enchantments with 'armour' values for those types of tattoo's that would use it.

Anyway, I'm just spouting random stuff off the top of my head.

Very neat work here.

Really interesting concept, may sound odd but do you think it'd be possible to work in support for say http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/19281/ (Kinda makes the game nearly impossible unless you're hardcore stealthy with bow and arrow or in full on heavy armor) lol. Would just be kinda fun to have a bit of an alternative that is kinda adult oriented to go along with that mod :P

Well, I've never used Requiem, but if you apply Assassin/Grace and Hunter that adds up to some pretty hardcore sneaking.

In principle, tattoo spells could be modified to take Requiem details into account, if necessary.

Really interesting concept, may sound odd but do you think it'd be possible to work in support for say http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/19281/ (Kinda makes the game nearly impossible unless you're hardcore stealthy with bow and arrow or in full on heavy armor) lol. Would just be kinda fun to have a bit of an alternative that is kinda adult oriented to go along with that mod :P

Well, I've never used Requiem, but if you apply Assassin/Grace and Hunter that adds up to some pretty hardcore sneaking.

In principle, tattoo spells could be modified to take Requiem details into account, if necessary.

Main reason it would need a compatibility patch would be just because Requiem does a full overhaul of armor ratings, weapon damages and perks entirely, so it'd be hard to play with this without a patch, just figured I'd bring it up is all :)

The Wardsign looks a little. . . off compared to everything else, in my opinion.  I kinda don't like the "trucker girl silhouette" look.

The descriptions of the tattoos in the "Active Effects" menu are REALLY cool, too, though I'd prefer it if they also said what the tattoo actually does, so you don't have to keep coming back here for reference.

Otherwise, awesome mod!  Thanks!

Hmm...the armor rating is just right for vanilla skyrim, but horrendously low for Requiem and Skyre player. :D

Can't really say much for Requiem, but as Skyre player my choice is either kill first or gang-banged. :s  Alteration class would be essential to even having any chance of survival.

Hmm...the armor rating is just right for vanilla skyrim, but horrendously low for Requiem and Skyre player. :D

Can't really say much for Requiem, but as Skyre player my choice is either kill first or gang-banged. :s  Alteration class would be essential to even having any chance of survival.

What would be a reasonable armor-per-level rate for Skyre?

The Wardsign looks a little. . . off compared to everything else, in my opinion.  I kinda don't like the "trucker girl silhouette" look.

You don't even want to know how long I spent making that. ;) Art is not my strong suit.

I originally had a sort of esoteric-looking septagram inside of a septagon symbol for the wardsign, but then I re-read what I'd written about what the wardsign actually means, which is Please do me, Dibella. I'm yours. It seems to me that, of all goddesses, when you submit yourself to Dibella, you're going to submit. The wardsign indicates that you're willing to do exactly that, so an image of kneeling in an armbinder seems about right.

The descriptions of the tattoos in the "Active Effects" menu are REALLY cool, too, though I'd prefer it if they also said what the tattoo actually does, so you don't have to keep coming back here for reference.

Yeah, I wondered about that. I might change it in a future update.

The main problem I see Requiem would have with this is the no naked vendor rule. Basically, in Requiem, if you're naked, anything you try to sell gets given away (zero selling price), and buying prices get like 10x higher.

I have no idea how to remove this (I edited a lot of stuff on my mods to fit with Requiem on TES5Edit, but I can't find what is used for this naked rule), and that is why I don't use Slaverun. If anyone has any idea how to remove that rule (or even what magic effect/perk is used for it), I'd be very happy.

Hmm...the armor rating is just right for vanilla skyrim, but horrendously low for Requiem and Skyre player.  :D

Can't really say much for Requiem, but as Skyre player my choice is either kill first or gang-banged.  :s  Alteration class would be essential to even having any chance of survival.

What would be a reasonable armor-per-level rate for Skyre?

Been a while since I stopped using SkyRe, but IIRC, about 1.5-3x vanilla, depends on the armor. I usually just look at the regular armors, look for a similar armor rating one in vanilla, and use the SkyRe version armor rating when adapting vanilla mods to SkyRe/Requiem.

Regarding Skyre Armor: Roughly 2.5 times higher than vanilla. That's the difference between torso armor, while the difference reached about 4x for other parts (and that's before improvement from smithing!)

You don't have to make a separate skyre version though (although many of us would appreciate the effort :) ). Besides, armor doesn't really mean that much when I can just snipe them with my bow, given that archery and alteration skill are significantly stronger than vanilla. (oakflesh gives you 100+ armor vs fur armor set which gives about 96, and that's before counting the mage armor perk; sneak long bow are guaranteed kill, even against boss enemies).

As for improvement: either extra customization for each tattoo type, clearer description in skill effect menu (as ErikModi asked), or extra stability; I got some random ctd after I installed this, although the culprit might be other script heavy mod I had. :s

Speaking of which, can you just group all slavetats expansion into one esp? Its quite a chore to download and NMM install them.

As for improvement: either extra customization for each tattoo type, clearer description in skill effect menu (as ErikModi asked), or extra stability; I got some random ctd after I installed this, although the culprit might be other script heavy mod I had. :s

Believe it or not, this isn't a script heavy mod. The scripts are short, and don't run very often. The heaviest users are the Goddess Eye tattoos, which run two lines of code once evey five to thirty seconds.

More likely, the tattoos are pushing you over some internal threshold where you don't have enough memory anymore. The Skyrim Stability Guide might help: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50244

Speaking of which, can you just group all slavetats expansion into one esp? Its quite a chore to download and NMM install them.

Well, not into an esp, technically speaking, because so far this is the only tattoo pack that even has an esp. I could make a combined pack, but if things go as they seem to be that will become a less and less reasonable proposition. I've already got two more people making packs for inclusion on the SlaveTats page, and that's only going to grow.

I don't expect to update all of the tattoo packs at once ever again, so this is a one-time chore.

One question ?? Is this mod just a race mod or does it also add npc who uses the tattoo around skyrim so you can form a group ??

It's just a tattoo pack, for now. I might create an optional esp that adds quests and NPCs at some point in the future.

If I get how Slavetats works, you can select an NPC to apply these to, so you can put them on followers as well.

As regards the Wardsign, I totally get the concept and why it makes sense, and I feel your pain about lack of artistic skill.  Maybe something more abstract, like a heart with a keyhole or chains around it or something?  Eh, maybe it just only bothers me, and nearly enough to be a dealbreaker.  This is awesome.

I do have another question, though.  The Emblem of Craft says it fortifies Alchemy, Enchanting, and Smithing, but only my Enchanting skill shows a bonus in the Skills menu.  Is this a low-levels things, i.e. other bonuses come in as you level up and the tattoos get more powerful, or do you need to combine specific other tattoos with the Emblem to select the right skill bonus?

I do have another question, though.  The Emblem of Craft says it fortifies Alchemy, Enchanting, and Smithing, but only my Enchanting skill shows a bonus in the Skills menu.  Is this a low-levels things, i.e. other bonuses come in as you level up and the tattoos get more powerful, or do you need to combine specific other tattoos with the Emblem to select the right skill bonus?

You see all three in the active magic effects window, though, right?

When you "fortify" a skill in Skyrim, there are actually three ways that that can take place. You can just bump up the skill points, you can apply a modifier to the skill points, or you can apply a modifier to skill power. When you modify skill power, that doesn't make a visible change in the skills menu. The alchemy and smithing fortifications are skill power modifications, but the enchanting fortification is a skill points modifier. This is the same way that the potions and enchantments in vanilla Skyrim work, and I didn't want to mess with it.

I'd love to be able to apply these to followers, like Amalee from Interesting NPC's, it'd would fit her perfectly!

You can! Just select the follower in the SlaveTats setup tab.

Just keep in mind that when you select someone in SlaveTats, that person becomes the default target for SlaveTats until you select someone else.

Bit of a side question. I've stayed away from slavetats since i'm using ece as racemenu and ece wouldn't work well together (at least thats in the faq). This mod makes the tattoos more interesting again so has anyone any experience or tips to work with both racemenu and ece together?

You see all three in the active magic effects window, though, right?

When you "fortify" a skill in Skyrim, there are actually three ways that that can take place. You can just bump up the skill points, you can apply a modifier to the skill points, or you can apply a modifier to skill power. When you modify skill power, that doesn't make a visible change in the skills menu. The alchemy and smithing fortifications are skill power modifications, but the enchanting fortification is a skill points modifier. This is the same way that the potions and enchantments in vanilla Skyrim work, and I didn't want to mess with it.

Ah, that explains it.  Thanks!

Bit of a side question. I've stayed away from slavetats since i'm using ece as racemenu and ece wouldn't work well together (at least thats in the faq). This mod makes the tattoos more interesting again so has anyone any experience or tips to work with both racemenu and ece together?

Lately, people have been fine using just NiOverride instead of the full RaceMenu package. You can keep using ECE.