Just hide the warnings in 5.1. Works fine, no issues as far as I can tell!

*FACEPALM*

Why do I bother writing up this stuff when you guys tell me to do EXACTLY what I said not to tell me to do.................................................................................

And before you all jump on me to "go turn off version checking in the SkyUI MCM Menu", it lacks an option to disable version checking for certain elements still, including:

- quest_journal.swf

- sharedcomponents.swf

*FACEPALM*

Why do I bother writing up this stuff when you guys tell me to do EXACTLY what I said not to tell me to do.................................................................................

And before you all jump on me to "go turn off version checking in the SkyUI MCM Menu", it lacks an option to disable version checking for certain elements still, including:

- quest_journal.swf

- sharedcomponents.swf

Yes, because every comment someone makes is specifically about YOU... post-61020-0-76484300-1445492612.gif

*FACEPALM*

- quest_journal.swf

- sharedcomponents.swf

It was a general comment for people who might have had issues as I had. If I had replied to you specifically I would have quoted your post. Self-absorbed much?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have no problems whatsoever running this with the current version of SkyUI - it's not "abandoned", it just has no need to be updated...

Humm...

But the main page says: "SkyUI 5.0 - only this version"

I have no problems whatsoever running this with the current version of SkyUI - it's not "abandoned", it just has no need to be updated...

Humm...

SkyUI v5.1 wasa just bug fixes pretty much... This mod still works fine with 5.1 or 5.0...

Good to know!

Thanks!

Humm...

SkyUI v5.1 wasa just bug fixes pretty much... This mod still works fine with 5.1 or 5.0...

Good to know!

Thanks!

Using it just means for the replaced menus, you revert back to v5.0. So any v5.1 features won't be available on those menus.

Using it just means for the replaced menus, you revert back to v5.0. So any v5.1 features won't be available on those menus.

...Except that SkyUI v5.1 didn't make any REAL changes to the menu elements that this mod is replacing, and as such, carries no risk, and no reverting of version and/or features...

Research before you speak... >.>

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/3863/?tab=12&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmodchangelog%2F%3Fid%3D3863%26v%3D&pUp=1

Neither the new alchemy nor enchanting menus are included in what this mod overwrites, and no other menu elements were altered between v5.0 and v5.1...

...Except that SkyUI v5.1 didn't make any REAL changes to the menu elements that this mod is replacing, and as such, carries no risk, and no reverting of version and/or features...

Research before you speak... >.>

Think you're taking it the wrong way. I didn't suggest it was a bad idea.

My point was it would work, and all that would happen is it would overwrite the v5.1 swf with the v5.0 file. It will work, and technically it is replacing it with the v5.0 version. Whether the differences matter at all is a separate issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Any chance of getting this mod updated to SkyUI 5.1 so we don't get the warning messages?  smile.png

Wow, this is a new LOW for people's reading skills!

Try again - read my post LITERALLY ONE ABOVE YOURS....................................

Yeah, we read it.  It isn't an acceptable answer.  All that does is hide the problem, it doesn't actually FIX it.

Any chance of getting this mod updated to SkyUI 5.1 so we don't get the warning messages?  smile.png

Wow, this is a new LOW for people's reading skills!

Try again - read my post LITERALLY ONE ABOVE YOURS....................................

Yeah, we read it.  It isn't an acceptable answer.  All that does is hide the problem, it doesn't actually FIX it.

Well, it's either use that mod or turn off the compatibility warnings in the SkyUI MCM options.

Since the SkyUI team didn't release the swf source files for the menus, this mod can't be updated.

This mod *cough* doesn't NEED to up updated - no menus that are edited by THIS MOD were altered between v5.0 and v.5.1...

Thank you for that info. I've not used this mod not knowing that this was the case. I should have looked a little closer into this.

• 2 weeks later...

This mod *cough* doesn't NEED to up updated - no menus that are edited by THIS MOD were altered between v5.0 and v.5.1...

Could someone confirm this, please? I don't want to stop using this mod, but the SkyUI warnings kind of worry me. I just want to be on the safe side.

Could someone confirm this, please? I don't want to stop using this mod, but the SkyUI warnings kind of worry me. I just want to be on the safe side.

Just go to the SkyUI MCM Menu and disable the SWF warning/s. Then you are good to go in blissful ignorance.

899e3990.jpg

(Picture randomily snaffled from the interweb - because.....)