This mod *cough* doesn't NEED to up updated - no menus that are edited by THIS MOD were altered between v5.0 and v.5.1...

Could someone confirm this, please? I don't want to stop using this mod, but the SkyUI warnings kind of worry me. I just want to be on the safe side.

Just go to the SkyUI MCM Menu and disable the SWF warning/s. Then you are good to go in blissful ignorance.

899e3990.jpg

(Picture randomily snaffled from the interweb - because.....)

I was busy updating my mods today and got that error, it's a good thing that people are complaining about it. Now I know it can be safely ignored.

the mods do two different things... this one shows what items take what slots in your inventory without being equipped so you can see what slots you  have items for

the one on nexus http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/64976/? shows what items you have equipped and what slots they are equipped in

the two mods compliment each other allowing the player to see what slots they have used in the MCM of the nexus mods and then go to the inventory so this mod can show them what items they have to put in the remaining slots

i use both mods and they work well together for me at least

the mods do two different things... this one shows what items take what slots in your inventory without being equipped so you can see what slots you  have items for

the one on nexus http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/64976/? shows what items you have equipped and what slots they are equipped in

the two mods compliment each other allowing the player to see what slots they have used in the MCM of the nexus mods and then go to the inventory so this mod can show them what items they have to put in the remaining slots

i use both mods and they work well together for me at least

Em, no they are exactly identical - you are wrong. This mod also shows what "slots are equipped" just by, you know - equipping things...

SkyUI also has a "sort by equipped" option (and always has): left click on "name" on the top bar to cycle through the sorting options - one of them is "equipped".

The MCM one does NOTHING that this mod does, except require the use of scripts and a plugin, thus making it less efficient, and more resource-intensive by, oh, 100%? >_<

you make things so much harder doing that

...I steadfastly FAIL to see how it's in ANY way easier to CLOSE the inventory UI (ya know, the one that you actually EQUIP things in...), open the menu, select MCM Menu, scroll through ALL of your MCM Menus to find that one, open it, then stare at what it says, after which you must close it and open up your inventory again to equip things...

But fine, whatever.

---

Also, you DO know that the guy who made this mod thoughtfully also added the ability to sort by "biped slot" to SkyUI as well, yes...?

you just fail then

edit: if your read my post right, you will find i'm interested in empty slots not full slots DUH!

the MCM menu is easier because i don't have to remember what slots there are DUH!

Sort by number -> see what numbers are "missing".

It's not *rocket science*, and it will heavily lighten your papyrus load, it's one less plugin to worry about, AND it's a hell of a lot faster.

---

Let me put it to ya this way: Which is quicker?

1) Close inventory, open menu, click MCM, find MCM menu, click MCM menu, look at slots, close MCM menu, open inventory again, search for item of unfilled slot.

2) Click top bar of inventory to sort, look at results, search for item of unfilled slot.

i don't game on a toaster and as i have been using this mod heavily since it came out i know which is faster - MCM menu  - i have hundreds of items in my inventory at a time and even though it's not a toaster it will still take more time than opening an MCM

i have been using both mods together for quite awhile and i am very experienced with mods - i don't need to be treated like an idiot when i know better

i have been modding skyrim since it came out and NEVER had to reinstall it  or ask for help to solve any problems with mods - i run over 300 mods (some merged) without a single CTD

some of those mods where made by me

quicker is NOT always equal to easier - that is not rocket science either

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Frostfall lists the coverage and warmth of items in the inventory. Does this play well with Frostfall?

Skyrim has individual .swf's for certain functions, (i.e. crappy flash where the original game publishers couldn't be bothered to code some rudimentary interface stuff properly). Which is a reason why you can't have two types of inventory, skill menu or perk trees functionality existing at the same time by different mod authors unless those mod authors go to the trouble of doing it for every fucking permeation of other mods. This is a reason why you can't have nice things.

Frostfall lists the coverage and warmth of items in the inventory. Does this play well with Frostfall?

Skyrim has individual .swf's for certain functions, (i.e. crappy flash where the original game publishers couldn't be bothered to code some rudimentary interface stuff properly). Which is a reason why you can't have two types of inventory, skill menu or perk trees functionality existing at the same time by different mod authors unless those mod authors go to the trouble of doing it for every fucking permeation of other mods. This is a reason why you can't have nice things.

I take it thats a no, then.

I take it thats a no, then.

One file per UI element - if they use the same .swf file names, then they aren't compatible. Hell, even if they don't edit the same .swf files it doesn't necessarily mean they're compatible either...

But in this case the answer is a straight-cut "no". Since both mods edit the same file, only one can "win", and the only way to make both compatible would be to painstakingly make a manually merged version of the .swf elements. =.=

----------

Skyrim uses .swf flash files (you know, that thing from the 1990's) written in "ActionScript", connected to the game via several million lines of gibberish XML "spaghetti code" auto-generated by Autodesk Scaleform. So unless you have both a copy of Adobe Flash CS(X) or another Adobe tool capable of editing actionscript files AND Autodesk Scaleform, then good luck editing them successfully... T_T

Thanks, Im still learning the nuts & bolts of modding, and thats good info.

Sorry it had to be covered twice.

Hell, even if they don't edit the same .swf files it doesn't necessarily mean they're compatible either...

Heh, thats basically my sig line on the Nexus Forums.

• 8 months later...

Have you ever consider to update this Great Mod to Work with SkyUI_5_1?

No need, it works just disable version check on skyui MCM to get rid of the warning. This is mentioned several times in this thread.

Either way. bushido24 updated it at

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/84957/?

Just a note, this update also includes patches for Frostfall and Immersive Jewelry compatibility, an even bigger selling point than just the version check working on SkyUI 5.1