Mass Effect 3

HanPL

They are in desperate need of getting some single player dlc out. If they have any brains at all it had better be top notch quality and a decent length or they will roast in the fires of "unlove" from the fans yet again.....

bioware bbq.....takes like chicken :)

They are in desperate need of getting some single player dlc out. If they have any brains at all it had better be top notch quality and a decent length or they will roast in the fires of "unlove" from the fans yet again.....

bioware bbq.....takes like chicken :)

rumor has it that next single player dlc will be about recuiting a reaper to your cause, which will likely have no effect on the out come of the game.

I've still yet to try co-op. I dunno, just haven't been interested it. So I kind of hope the co-op fails or at least fades in importance. Waiting for single-player DLC!

Yeah, I think the coming single-player DLC involving Leviathan, the rebel Reaper, is more than rumor; there's some uncovered dialogue about it, too. I didn't know tho that it was to be up next.

The co op is a well made action packed thrill-fest that become painful boring and unplayable once you realize it's the exact same thing over and over again.

Which I will admit is like a lot of multiplayer games' date=' but it's different because in most games you're playing against human opponents. That keeps it interesting because they're unpredictable. ME3 co op is a game of find the faults in the ai and break them.

Really not that rewarding at all.

[/quote']

yeah thats pretty much what I have said about it in the past too, unfortunately the jackasses tied it to the man campaign so i got to keep the numbers up just in case they suprise me by releasing a dlc i actually care about such as the ass fuck liara pack or pimp your t'soni and lets not forget the potential everybody "love's" miranda dlc

Yeah' date=' I think the coming single-player DLC involving Leviathan, the rebel Reaper, is more than rumor; there's some uncovered dialogue about it, too. I didn't know tho that it was to be up next.

[/quote']

supposedly one of voice actors leaked that they were recording for it, to the very same european gaming forums that me news was leaked to in the past. I cant say I really care i'm not interested in a pointles dlc that has me making nice with the galaxy

I haven't really been paying attention to this thread so forgive my ignorance but...did they fix the atrocious ending or is it still as crappy as it was?

It is still crappy. However it is about 1,000 times "less" crappy than it was. Take that as you will........:P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You can use the spoiler button. Plus, this thread spoils everything else about ME3. I spoiled myself by not playing Leviathan and just watching the YouTube walkthroughs.

One thing I don't get, does this DLC change any of the dialogue with the starchild at the end of the game? Does my Shep get to say, "yeah, I already know that now and lots more" to the starchild?

Finally, I don't really have any more pressing questions about it all now after Leviathan.

Interesting, it totally solidifies my choice ending because...

Now I know that with the Reapers out of the way, Leviathan's race will make its move to rule the galaxy once again. So I'm going with the Control option to keep them at bay until I figure out what to do with them. Synthesis option could also work, if I weren't so against turning everybody electric green.

Lol its EA, do you think they would put THAT much brains into it?

Plus wasn't Leviathan supposed to have an additional character? I haven't seen an unlocked character but I have seen 2 new weapons and a probably 4 or 6 new weapon upgrades.

About youtube, lol I watch EVERY console game on youtube before even considering the possibility that it might come out on PC. And sometimes it makes me pull out my hair when people get killed and I think "how the hell could you not see that?"

Interesting' date=' it totally solidifies my choice ending because...

Now I know that with the Reapers out of the way, Leviathan's race will make its move to rule the galaxy once again. So I'm going with the Control option to keep them at bay until I figure out what to do with them. Synthesis option could also work, if I weren't so against turning everybody electric green.

[/quote']

Control is screwed because Leviathan already indoctrinated Shepard, hence they can indoctrinate the Shepard AI thing and control the Reapers just like they said they would.

Synthesis is screwed because the Leviathans will be synthesised too, connected to everyone and be able to control EVERYONE.

In conclusion, all the endings just got screwed. You're welcome.

There's a male Shepard? It's not that monkey in power armor they show in the ads is it? I thought that was a comedy sidekick. :cool:

Anyway, my point on control is not that Shepard is indoctrinated, it's that Shepard has been - or been very close, and that personality could be again.

Yeah, I can't get through a full game with the male Shep. He just annoys me in so many ways. While I'm in love with FemShep.

I think after going with control option and becoming that new Shep who speaks likes a more powerful Shep, indoctrination becomes much less likely. I'm still feeling pretty good about it.

Yeah' date=' I can't get through a full game with the male Shep. He just annoys me in so many ways. While I'm in love with FemShep.

I think after going with control option and becoming that new Shep who speaks likes a more powerful Shep, indoctrination becomes much less likely. I'm still feeling pretty good about it.

[/quote']

Found a funny write up on the leviathan dlc that I thought you would enjoy. Now I seriously doubt you will "agree" with it, but I still think you will enjoy the playful bantering style that he writes with:

Yeah' date=' I can't get through a full game with the male Shep. He just annoys me in so many ways. While I'm in love with FemShep.

[/quote']

I suppose you can.

But I'm thinking more of their intent, this is clearly a setup for Mass Effect 4.

What ending did you pick? Doesn't matter! Because these guys here will mess it all up and you have to fight them till Mass Effect 17 or something.

Well' date=' I broke weak and picked up Leviathan. I don't have time to play it until tomorrow however. About how long is the DLC?

[/quote']

You beat me to it! Like I said, I'd only watched a walkthrough and only of the last few minutes with the talking to Leviathan. I'm kind of surprised you got it before me. I hadn't yet decided to purchase it or not.

Found a funny write up on the leviathan dlc that I thought you would enjoy. Now I seriously doubt you will "agree" with it' date=' but I still think you will enjoy the playful bantering style that he writes with:

[/quote']

Yeah, not my sentiments. He writes a lot about hope as a theme, which seems to reflect his hope for different endings! I think resisting the writers' own story makes enjoyment harder.

Dude seems to have a mental block in place that prevents dude from getting the story. His discussion about "why?" is off the mark, I think, and demonstrates his resistance to the story. In the case of Leviathan, I thought the writers made everything explicit. Why did they create the Catalyst to solve their problem? Why is answered by their elitism. Why do royal bloodlines prefer having others do all hard work? Why were they feeling invincible? Why did they think they were superior and above the problem themselves? Why not just keep doing the hard management of crop themselves? It's a story of a race climbing to the top, high on its success, then being the source of its own demise.

I suppose you can.

But I'm thinking more of their intent' date=' this is clearly a setup for Mass Effect 4.

What ending did you pick? Doesn't matter! Because these guys here will mess it all up and you have to fight them till Mass Effect 17 or something.

[/quote']

It does seem like a setup for future ME's, as I also said. Or not. The more I think about it, the more I can't see any possible way to do a Mass Effect story that takes place after ME3 in the ME timeline. Maybe a spinoff in some alternate universe, but that's it. If one Shep ended with synthesis while another ended with failing to stop the Reapers, there's no bringing those together.

I really hope there is no ME4. Please, no. I want more BioWare games, hopefully a new franchise, but no more ME games.

It does seem like a setup for future ME's' date=' as I also said. Or not. The more I think about it, the more I can't see any possible way to do a Mass Effect story that takes place after ME3 in the ME timeline. Maybe a spinoff in some alternate universe, but that's it. If one Shep ended with synthesis while another ended with failing to stop the Reapers, there's no bringing those together.

I really hope there is no ME4. Please, no. I want more BioWare games, hopefully a new franchise, but no more ME games.

[/quote']

While I agree, I also am done with ME universe, post Shepard, I think we both know that EA is going to force them to milk this franchise. Who knows, maybe they will actually come up with something decent in ME4. I seriously doubt it, but stranger things have happened.

i dont know why you ppl seem so angry with the game to me is a beautiful game the ending well i didnt completely liked it because, in the entire game im giving hope and doing impossible things like curing genophage and unifying the geth with the quarian, kind of things, but i had to sacrifice myself to do the right thing i didnt like that, i believe synthetic and organics can live in peace why the sacrifice. and the multiplayer is fun trying new characters is fun especially if you have friends and i have always prefer survivals than boring player vs player

p.s. haven't finished leviathan yet, but hoping that i can just kill or befriend the reapers without killing myself

Archived