Mass Effect 3

HanPL

Dont know how many of you have cought the rumor but its been going around that the next single player DLC will be the last one. Supposedly it is to be big (the 2gb max for dlc) the entire cast has been brought back in and it is to be a super tear jerker.

Yeah... "All hands on deck". Don't suppose they know the saying 'too many cooks'. One good writer would be better than 8 terrible ones. I miss Drew Karpyshyn.

Saw a chart of xbox dlc downloads, and it didn't look like ME3 dlcs were doing well, except for From Ashes.. Of course, who gives a duck about dlc when the star child will always be there with his 3 choices.

Damn I hate that I'm still bitter over this game.

.. Of course' date=' who gives a duck about dlc when the star child will always be there with his 3 choices.

[/quote']

If you are still seeing start child in your game it is your own fault. The happy ending mod (very well done I might add) completely removes star brat: http://social.bioware.com/project/8587/#files

IMHO this is how bioware should have made the game to begin with.

.. Of course' date=' who gives a duck about dlc when the star child will always be there with his 3 choices.

[/quote']

If you are still seeing start child in your game it is your own fault. The happy ending mod (very well done I might add) completely removes star brat: http://social.bioware.com/project/8587/#files

IMHO this is how bioware should have made the game to begin with.

I'm aware of the mod. I honestly wish I could use it, but no matter how I try, I can't pretend that it's "real". BioWare wanted ME to end as it did. Their vision will always be, in my mind, the real end. Unfortunately for me.

If there had been a kinda/sorta happy ending, and the mod expanded on it, like several for DA:O, then it would have been different.

I'm glad many enjoy MEHEM though, it is far more satisfying than what BioWare provided.

Sorry but using the word "real" make little sense to me with regards to a video game.

Now if you mean canon then ok. However canon is whatever "YOU" want it to be. Bioware's version of canon was little more than upchuck served on a plate of steaming shit, the MEHEM mod is what I think of for my canon. To use their own artistic BS argument against them, the MEHEM is MY artsy vision of the ending. :)

If you have not tried it you really aught to. It is actually very well done and makes tons more sense, at least to me anyway. It maintains the overall series themes and the flow pretty well. The whole star child interrupt just really disturbed the pacing of the game to me.

Course you can always just watch it via youtube....:)

Dont know how many of you have cought the rumor but its been going around that the next single player DLC will be the last one. Supposedly it is to be big (the 2gb max for dlc) the entire cast has been brought back in and it is to be a super tear jerker.

Have you (or anyone else) caught any rumors of what it will be about? I thought Omega was the final single player DLC.

What else is there? Pretty much all the plot lines are wrapped up.

Have you (or anyone else) caught any rumors of what it will be about? I thought Omega was the final single player DLC.

What else is there? Pretty much all the plot lines are wrapped up.

My guess is more Leviathan style attempts at justifying the ending.

Because foreshadowing is now something extra we have to pay for, you know.

• 2 months later...

@up

Like everything else :D

ME 3 was not that bad only thing that ruin ME 3 for me of course ending of the game and how they treated characters and LI from ME 2

They kinda fixed that in Citadel ending (still have to check it myself ) and ending in Extended Cut but it is still kinda clusterfucked.

For me atmosphere in ME 1 was the best but overall ME 2 was for now the best. So many complex companions, loyalty missions, side quests etc.

I don't understand how they could be writing the script and programming the game and thinking all the while that this ending was a good idea. I guess this is from the same people that made Dragon Age 2 so what can I really expect? Bioware is destroying itself, I don't know if it is EA's fault or what (EA does have SOME good games) but I'm sad that I don't trust Bioware anymore. The peak for them IMO was Dragon Age Origins.

Well it's kinda mixed bag.

DA Origins was (and still is ) great game BUT it was designed for PC so console players where like "OMG I CAN'T PLAY THIS ON PAD" so orders from EA where pretty simple.

Turn dark,bloody rpg into small world slasher designed slasher and voila DA 2.

And about ME 3 ending I also don't really understand that.

There are videos with interviews when Case Hudson and other guys talk about how ME 3 ending will look like.

"No simple ending " "Everything will be explainted " etc.

And at the end we got the opposite.

Press 1,2,3 button for same ending

Fucking ton of plotholes.

Da Fuq Bioware.

And later they say it was their "Artistic Vision "

Part of this is the fact that Mac Walters is a hack and a coward. Hell, even Hudson decided to attend the PAX panel this year. Probably thinking that Citadel makes up for everything (WRONG).

Walters? He's still hiding. Why this fool was ever allowed to pen the ending of this trilogy is beyond me.

Drew Karpyshyn who wrote story for most of the Bioware hits left soon after (or right before ) ME 3 to work on his books.

Also if you look on ME 3 credits you will see that 90% of people who work on ME 1 and ME 2 did not work on ME 3.

That's why ME 3 was so diffrent from previous Mass Effects.

exactly what i think Han. Dragon Age originis was an amazing game and Mass Effect 1 was a master piece. But their sequels are just console abobinations that mother nature would surely erase from existence if having the chance.

I only hope they won't do the same with Dragon Age 3

But all the info we know so far looks like this :

We will use frostbite engine !

One Location will be larger than whole DA 2 (like that's big deal.... )

We have new engine !

O yea did we remind that we will use new engine ?

As if anything Mass Effect didn't depress me enough, now idiots are going on about the damn infographs, because "only" 18% of players completed the game as FemShep. Therefore FemShep is a waste of resources!

Not only do these closet misogynists not understand anything about percentages, they also fail to notice the bit in rather big letters that say "those who finished the game". Given that the ending prevented many of us from finishing the game once, let alone in multiple playthroughs, the statistics are obviously skewed. But nope they have to open their big mouths anyway. They piss me off.

Agree

I made like 8-10 alts in ME 2 for ME 3 (3 female chars ) but didn't even finish the game twice after I saw ending after first time lol.

Now with Citadel DLC I might finnaly play other "alts "

Also here are the "statistics "

mass-effect-infografika_175hp.jpg

Did anyone ever post the happy ending mod?  I can't remember if anyone ever posted the happy ending mod. http://social.bioware.com/project/8587/ Think I'm almost over it enough to try out ME3 with it. Although nothing seems to get rid of Kai Leng, urgh, the neelix of Mass Effect.

As for those statistics if femshep could ride Mirandas ass I would never bother with male shep again (well maybe two for Tali\Ash). No disrepect to Mark Meer he seems like a nice guy and apparently sounds nothing like the voice he uses for Shep.

Oh, about Dragon Age 2. From everything I've read originally it started out as an expansion pack for origins about the size of Awakening then EA sticks its dick in the pie and says make it a full sequal and more console friendly, also you've only get a year and bit to do it in. The thing about the console friendly stuff is DA:O sold really well on consoles and so EA asks to make it more console friendly ignoring that maybe the reason it sold well in the first place was because it was like an old school CRPG that just doesn't show up much on consoles. i always feel really bad for the DA2 dev team becasue they were set up to fail.

EDIT: ok so turns out it was on the previous page, duh :blush:

As for those statistics if femshep could ride Mirandas ass I would never bother with male shep again

Hahaha so true :D

Many people where piss off when they told that suddenly Kaiden after 2 ME will become bisexual but Ashley don't :dodgy:

If they would allow Fem Shep to have Miranda as LI.... that would certainly very interesting :D

I only did it once by "glitching " save game via Gibbed Editor but it's really not the same thing.

I will probably never forgive BioWare for fucking ME3 up so badly. Then simply handwaving it all away ; some players, a minority, artistic integrity.

At least Citadel gave me a chance to say goodbye to the universe.

I just wish I knew why. Why end the 5 year journey of 3 games, books, comics, on a controversial and polarizing note? If you are going to be a dick to your audience, do it with a new franchise. Or make a 2 hour movie. That way people can forget, or move on fairly quick. 5 years is not so easily forgotten.

One small mercy I'm glad for. It's still David Gaider who is lead writer for Dragon Age, just as he was for Origins and DA2. Though he had less time with 2... and it shows.

The jump from the Drew Karpyshyyn (BG2:ToB, NwN/HotU, KotOR, Jade Empire, ME(ME2))  to SuperMac Walters(....Garrus? ME2? yeah ok.....) is comparable to going from ANY/EVERY GOOD WRITER ANYWHERE EVER to Uwe Boll.

As for the infographs.... it certainly shows that most players of ME3 were new. There is no way 2 out of 3 people killed Wrex on Virmire? So I guess calling the "haters" a minority is correct? Since I doubt new players would have the same attachment to the characters and universe...

Now I'm rambling and should get some sleep :-/

Well your not the only one.

I remeber after bad Dragon Age 2 (comparing to origins ) I was talking with many people "You think they will fuck up ME 3 like this ? "  Impossible this is Mass Effect their crown jewel they can't fuck it up....

How suprise I was when infos about game started to leak, even former Bioware employee started to write how bad is this game, at start no one wanted to belive this game will be this BAD (including myself )

But when more and more started to confirm those leaks it was downhill from there.

Plotholes,Characters and LI from ME 2 had just a cameo in ME 3, DLC day one with  FUCKING PROTHEAN.

Still can't understand how did they fuck up so badly... Did EA push to release game asap or what.

Archived