Mass Effect 3

HanPL

Did anyone ever post the happy ending mod?  I can't remember if anyone ever posted the happy ending mod. http://social.bioware.com/project/8587/ Think I'm almost over it enough to try out ME3 with it. Although nothing seems to get rid of Kai Leng, urgh, the neelix of Mass Effect.

As for those statistics if femshep could ride Mirandas ass I would never bother with male shep again (well maybe two for Tali\Ash). No disrepect to Mark Meer he seems like a nice guy and apparently sounds nothing like the voice he uses for Shep.

Oh, about Dragon Age 2. From everything I've read originally it started out as an expansion pack for origins about the size of Awakening then EA sticks its dick in the pie and says make it a full sequal and more console friendly, also you've only get a year and bit to do it in. The thing about the console friendly stuff is DA:O sold really well on consoles and so EA asks to make it more console friendly ignoring that maybe the reason it sold well in the first place was because it was like an old school CRPG that just doesn't show up much on consoles. i always feel really bad for the DA2 dev team becasue they were set up to fail.

EDIT: ok so turns out it was on the previous page, duh :blush:

The happy ending mod truly is the way the game SHOULD have ended in my opinion.  The trying to be cute BS with the space magic control\synthesis endings was just retarded in my opinion.  As Admiral Hackett stated during the game: "Dead Reapers are how we win this!"  Thus Destroy is the only option in the happy ending mod.  It also does not kill the Geth or EDI if you have enough readiness points (which is pretty easy now with all the DLC that is out).

The happy ending mod also cuts out ALL of the star brat BS that was so horrible.

It really made the game playable for me again.

The trying to be cute BS with the space magic control\synthesis endings

No no everything was alright (according to Bioware....) it was their "artistic vision " to leave players with "Ending that will explain everything " aka Clusterfucked and with tons of plotholes lol.

I only played the first Mass Effect but i loved it, then i read several articles about ME2, how they removed the rpg elements and made it more of a cover shooter, wich made me not to buy it...then i read the ME3 reviews and...wow that ending.

Lately i felt i would like to maybe finish the trilogy afterall, but after reading articles again...im not sure anymore, what do you guys think, am i better of having good memories of ME1 and simply forget the other 2 exist or should i give it a try and prepare my rage bite bone?

ME 2 is really really good if not the best from trilogy.

Tons of characters and companions with loyalty missions etc.

ME 3 is..."meh " not really bad but orginal ending made a lot of people furious that's why they made "Extended cut "  and with Citadel DLC you can finnaly reunite with ME 2 characters like you should from the start.

I refuse to play Citadel. Whatever it does for the characters, I can't get over the ending. It's not only badly written, it's offensive. It violates my principles, and the principles of Mass Effect itself. So screw it and screw Bioware.

Also, I've seen the plot of Citadel online. It is remarkably dumb. When you're outright stealing ideas from Pluto Nash of all things, you need to stop and rethink your career as a writer.

I think the storyline in Citadel DLC was the secondary target.

Main target was to reunite properly with Mass Effect 2 characters, ( Proper romance with Miranda,Jack and other teamates ) mini games etc.

ME 3 is..."meh " not really bad but orginal ending made a lot of people furious that's why they made "Extended cut "  and with Citadel DLC you can finnaly reunite with ME 2 characters like you should from the start.

Thank you, i guess i give it a try.

Np.

One thing that I really liked in ME 3 Citadel DLC was the "Team photo "

masseffect3-2013-03-07-04-00-00-07.jpg

Everyone can have diffrent photo depending on which people survived ME 2, with who you have romance etc.

Just make sure you install the happy ending mod and don't play through the normal ending.  It will just piss you off.  The extended cut attempt to fix things was like slapping a band-aid on someone who just got beheaded.  Kinda pointless.  You can watch the vanilla ending on youtube and unlike during the real game.....with youtube you can turn it off without having to suffer through it!

I myself just finished the Citadel DLC and would have to agree the plot line is lame.   As others have stated the main gist of the DLC is pretty much hanging out with your team in a new setting.  I really liked the armax game simulation and played the dog shit out it.  The fan requests as you played and their feedback were kind of cool. 

Of course the party was also pretty cool as well.  I laughed my ass off at Grunt who kept turning people away from the party.  There were other amusing things at the party as well but that one was the funniest in my opinion.  James being tossed around in mid air was also funny.

In my opinion "Citadel " DLC was some kind of repayment and tribute for Bioware Social Community becasue many thing I saw in DLC was written by community members long time ago.

Like how would people like to interact with ME 2, characters some mini games etc.

But to be honest they should put that in ME 3 in first place not make it DLC and charge for it.

Just make sure you install the happy ending mod and don't play through the normal ending.  It will just piss you off.  The extended cut attempt to fix things was like slapping a band-aid on someone who just got beheaded.  Kinda pointless.  You can watch the vanilla ending on youtube and unlike during the real game.....with youtube you can turn it off without having to suffer through it!

I myself just finished the Citadel DLC and would have to agree the plot line is lame.   As others have stated the main gist of the DLC is pretty much hanging out with your team in a new setting.  I really liked the armax game simulation and played the dog shit out it.  The fan requests as you played and their feedback were kind of cool. 

Of course the party was also pretty cool as well.  I laughed my ass off at Grunt who kept turning people away from the party.  There were other amusing things at the party as well but that one was the funniest in my opinion.  James being tossed around in mid air was also funny.

Lol nice mod name, says it all hehe.

Thank you, ill do that, i was already sniffing arround the ending a bit and was really surprised with what nonsense they came up, so i just pretend it wasnt the original ending :P

In my opinion "Citadel " DLC was some kind of repayment and tribute for Bioware Social Community becasue many thing I saw in DLC was written by community members long time ago.

Like how would people like to interact with ME 2, characters some mini games etc.

But to be honest they should put that in ME 3 in first place not make it DLC and charge for it.

Meh typical costumer milking, i wonder how long will people let them do that...probably forever :s

I think the storyline in Citadel DLC was the secondary target.

Main target was to reunite properly with Mass Effect 2 characters, ( Proper romance with Miranda,Jack and other teamates ) mini games etc.

Maybe but my point is they could do all that without being stupid.

Since they appear incapable of that, I'm just not going to bother with them.

They could but something had to go wrong in developing process, many new people worked on ME 3 + EA wanted the game asap.

Now after patches and DLC ME 3 is finnaly worth playing and it's been long time since " OMG WTF IS THIS ENDING " so many people are getting back to me 3 (even if for multiplayer only xd )

I refuse to play Citadel. Whatever it does for the characters, I can't get over the ending. It's not only badly written, it's offensive. It violates my principles, and the principles of Mass Effect itself. So screw it and screw Bioware.

Also, I've seen the plot of Citadel online. It is remarkably dumb. When you're outright stealing ideas from Pluto Nash of all things, you need to stop and rethink your career as a writer.

In all fairness, Bioware has pretty much ripped off every one of their plots ever (Cept Kotor, but that's not an Original IP)

Dragon Age? Song of Ice and Fire.

Mass Effect? Star Gate Atlantis.

Baldur's Gate? Highlander.

Honestly, Mass Effect 3 is pretty damn good right up until the last five minutes. Yes there are some plotholes (The rachii queen still kinda ticks me off)

And while the extended cut isn't great, isn't even that good, its still leagues better than the original ending. It allowed me to at least play the game again and for the most part enjoy it.

@Remy

I don't know, its up to you whether you try it out or not. My reletionship with Mass Effect is kind of like that of the battered spouse. I keep coming back no matter how many times it kicks me, so I guess I am wearing rose tinted glasses here.

Regardless of how original the other Bioware games and endings are or aren't, that has never bothered me.

ME3's ending bothers me because it's lazy, and it's intolerant and racist message (that completely goes against everything Mass Effect tried to tell us up to that point) offends me.

Since I play these games mainly for the story, I can't really get over it.

Also ME3 has many other problems aside from the ending. The intro, for example, is really silly. Shepard acts completely out of character, asking why we need to go to the Citadel and band the galaxy together.

Now, I'm not a continuity hound. I don't care about nitpicky details and minutae, but when the main character suddenly forgets their primary motivation for two games, I have to call foul.

Regardless of how original the other Bioware games and endings are or aren't, that has never bothered me.

ME3's ending bothers me because it's lazy, and it's intolerant and racist message (that completely goes against everything Mass Effect tried to tell us up to that point) offends me.

Also ME3 has many other problems aside from the ending. The intro, for example, is really silly. Shepard acts completely out of character, asking why we need to go to the Citadel and band the galaxy together.

Now, I'm not a continuity hound. I don't care about nitpicky details and minutae, but when the main character suddenly forgets their primary motivation for two games, I have to call foul.

Again, the rose colored glasses. There are a lot of things about the game I think I chose to "strategically ignore" simply because Ive drowned too much of my life into this series and it has become a part of me, like it or not.

I actually enjoyed ME3 up until the last 10 minutes or so (and I can't install the happy ending mod since I have ME3 for the 360 and have no desire to getting the entire series for the pc) it's just that that ending (the original one, not the extended cut one which is better but still pretty crappy) kills the entire game. The fact you get to choose between 3 different coloured cupcakes (as I have decided to call the choices) irks me, the fact it explained fuck all annoys me and the fact that it's so fuckign lazy pisses me off. The existence of the multiplayer also annoys me because I've always viewed the ME series as a single player only experience and multiplayer shits on that view, but the other thing that pisses me off about the multiplayer is that it's actually pretty decent which highlights the shittiness of the ending (the most important part of the game) as it looks as if they spent more time on the multiplayer (a not so important addition) than on the fucking ending (the part they needed to not fuck up) so yeah my entire opinion of the game is that it's good but the ending ruins it.

As for the citadel DLC, I enjoyed it. Sure the story was a bit weak but I liked the banter going on, it was a humorous DLC and the Combat Simulator got pretty addictive. I agree that the story wasn't the main part of the DLC, instead the main focus of it being hanging out with your crew - past and present- which was pretty nice. And in light of the other 2 quest DLCs it stood out for me (I only liked Omega because you got Aria as a squadmate and I found Leviathin to be meh.)

Again, the rose colored glasses. There are a lot of things about the game I think I chose to "strategically ignore" simply because Ive drowned too much of my life into this series and it has become a part of me, like it or not.

I've tried to look at it like that, and if you can set it all aside I'm happy for ya.

As for me, I just think of that ending again and my emotions override anything else.

Some might say I take it too seriously, but I have very strong views on racial and cultural diversity, which Mass Effect supported and promoted right up until that ending. The idea that somebody could write that diversity is bad and that conflict arises from difference (because, you know, resources, ideology and territory have never caused conflicts ever! Oh wait) and put it into a game like this disgusts me.

I've tried to look at it like that, and if you can set it all aside I'm happy for ya.

As for me, I just think of that ending again and my emotions override anything else.

Some might say I take it too seriously, but I have very strong views on racial and cultural diversity, which Mass Effect supported and promoted right up until that ending. The idea that somebody could write that diversity is bad and that conflict arises from difference (because, you know, resources, ideology and territory have never caused conflicts ever! Oh wait) and put it into a game like this disgusts me.

If you're talking about Mr. Starchild, then I agree with you. Tbh I found that character to be incredibly obnoxious just because of two words he says "You can't" and the fact they used a child for him. 

If you're talking about Mr. Starchild, then I agree with you. Tbh I found that character to be incredibly obnoxious just because of two words he says "You can't" and the fact they used a child for him. 

Yep.

Aside from the moral issue and the lazy last minute character introduction, what really annoys me is how the starkid goes "Reapers are here to fix the galaxy, the galaxy needs fixing, here are your 3 options to fix the galaxy."

One problem: The galaxy doesn't need fixing. The entire problem, all along, in all 3 games have been the Reapers. The only fix needed is for the Reapers to go away.

Yeah this has been gone over a million times, but really, how do you portray a galaxy that's perfectly fine, that needs saving from the Reapers then at the last minute suddenly call it a distopia that needs to change?

In the end, that's why I had to drop Mass Effect entirely, because the ending is a train wreck of bad ideas and phony plot twists that retroactively taints the whole series. Playing any part of it now just makes me angry.

• 4 weeks later...

Finished ME2, it was better then i hoped it would be, despite the lack of inventory etc.

Playing ME3 now, not much change from ME2, but i had fun and the feeling of urgeness on the priority missions is awesome (but wtf is with the side missions, rushed horribly rushed)...everything went well until that moment when i killed the reaper and it tells me it wants to kill us to save us...my pillar of belief crumbled now...im scared to finish this game lol...i mean i read a few spoilers about the end, but as engaded i am now into the game i fear some of my pc components will be a victim soon.

"Artistic Vision " that caused so much Rage that they had to "fix " the ending but not to change it because that's their "Artistic Vision "  What ? it don't have any sense ?  nope it's perfectly explained ! (To them it seems lol )

Archived