Mass Effect 3

HanPL

Were freeeeee!!!! lol

That dude is not making sense. He says the previous races of previous cycles had no knowledge of the Catalyst because the Catalyst tells Shep that Shep is the first to make it this far. Yet Shep is only there because the Prothean VI told him about the Catalyst. Dude is trying to argue that the Crucible could not had been designed because of something he is completely wrong about. I think that he thinks the hologram of the boy is not the avatar of the Catalysts but something real and separate, lol.

Well fans demanded "Happy Ending " and many times said they would glady PAY for DLC of that sort.

I think $$$ is enough reason for EA to "force " Bioware to make DLC or even ME 4 in future.

Since killing the series that gives EA shitload of money is not in their interest.

Any new stories involving Shep will take place before the ending of ME3. They can't do an ME4 continuing the story post ME3. How would that even work? How would I import my save from ME3 after choosing the Control or Synthesis ending into an ME4 based on the Destroy ending??? Even without Shep, I don't see how they could do any post ME3 games when the endings were so drastically different.

The DLC's will all happen in the timeline previous to the ending. If they do an ME4, with or without Shep, it will also take place earlier in the timeline to the ending of ME3.

Well fans demanded "Happy Ending " and many times said they would glady PAY for DLC of that sort.

I think $$$ is enough reason for EA to "force " Bioware to make DLC or even ME 4 in future.

Since killing the series that gives EA shitload of money is not in their interest.

Any new stories involving Shep will take place before the ending of ME3. They can't do an ME4 continuing the story post ME3. How would that even work? How would I import my save from ME3 after choosing the Control or Synthesis ending into an ME4 based on the Destroy ending??? Even without Shep' date=' I don't see how they could do any post ME3 games when the endings were so drastically different.

The DLC's will all happen in the timeline previous to the ending. If they do an ME4, with or without Shep, it will also take place earlier in the timeline to the ending of ME3.

[/quote']

Well if they pick one ending as cannon (with their "artistic vision" license to kill the series jazz anything is possible) they will likely just fast forward a couple of hundred years or more and go from there.

:P But seriously most continuations do just skip forward a set amount of time and "go" from there. It seems reasonable.

I am not really sure that it would be all that interesting to "go back in time" with the series.

Well, it's what the Star Wars franchise did and they only had one ending after the first trilogy.

Going back in time just means pre-ending. Anytime up until the epilogue of ME3. That could be a few seconds or years. I still remember how LotS DLC was my favorite and it was pre-ending to ME2. I also remember having a great time playing ME after playing ME2 first.

They've got a whole ME galaxy to play with and choose from. What about when Humans and Turians were fighting? That might be cool. Assuming they will limit their stories to being centered around a human character, they could still do crazy shit like go to human ancient history when Protheans were on Mars. I dunno. It's a big galaxy. Lot's to play with. Why would post-ME3 be any more interesting just because it was after those events?

Well anything during or pre-ME current time period would be expanding on a story "already told". They would kinda be locked in to the history they have already given you. For instance a game set in the rachni wars would be cool but would suffer from..."already knowing how it ends". They would have to reach back into the deep past and select a subject that was never mentioned or only barely so to have plenty of wiggle room.

Going a hundred or a thousand years into the future would pretty much free them up to do anything. All in all it is purely speculation on our part to assume we have the slightest clue what they will do.....:)

Were freeeeee!!!! lol

That dude is not making sense. He says the previous races of previous cycles had no knowledge of the Catalyst because the Catalyst tells Shep that Shep is the first to make it this far. Yet Shep is only there because the Prothean VI told him about the Catalyst. Dude is trying to argue that the Crucible could not had been designed because of something he is completely wrong about. I think that he thinks the hologram of the boy is not the avatar of the Catalysts but something real and separate' date=' lol.

[/quote']

No thats not how I remember it, the Prothean VI told you the catalyst was on the Citadel but not were it was or what it was. Also when the little bastard introduces himself as the catalyst, or at least an implied representation of it, what are you suppose to think?

No thats not how I remember it' date=' the Prothean VI told you the catalyst was on the Citadel but not were it was or what it was. Also when the little bastard introduces himself as the catalyst, or at least an implied representation of it, what are you suppose to think?

[/quote']

Actually, the Prothean VI says that the Catalyst IS the Citadel. More important is that the Prothean VI even knows to call it the Catalyst. "Catalyst" is the name given to the AI of the Citadel by its creators, which the Catalysts tells Shep in the EC, because it was designed to be a catalyst between the organics and the synthetics of its time.

That the Prothean VI leaves out the rest, which would spoil the ending, is just an odd complaint for this kind of fiction. Maybe the Protheans didn't know more, but the previous races did, perhaps the race that originally began designing the Crucible. Who knows what else they had done to the Citadel, as well?

What we have here is a case of gamers going crazy mad over-analyzing a work of fiction. I mean, seriously, why not point out how impossible it is for giant worms to dive into the ground or come flying out and only after being deaf to a giant Reaper yet responding to a thumper? Because it's not that kind of fiction. It's fantasy sci-fi with telepathic aliens! Speaking of which, though I was referring to Asari, if you get the DLC with Javik and talk to him, you learn that Protheans can touch even inanimate objects and have extra sensory perceptions about its past. Javik does this by touching the floor to sense that Grunt was once in his quarters. He also explains that's how the Protheans beacons worked when communicating with Shep. Javik even shares memories with Shep when they first meet/touch. So imagine Protheans on the Citadel/Catalyst touching everything...

I mean' date=' seriously, why not point out how impossible it is for giant worms to dive into the ground or come flying out and only after being deaf to a giant Reaper yet responding to a thumper?

[/quote']

Everyone knows that worms come to the surface when a thumper is activated.......:P

They are drawn to vibrations and defend the spice sands.

I mean' date=' seriously, why not point out how impossible it is for giant worms to dive into the ground or come flying out and only after being deaf to a giant Reaper yet responding to a thumper?

[/quote']

Everyone knows that worms come to the surface when a thumper is activated.......:P

They are drawn to vibrations and defend the spice sands.

;)

LOL, yeah, I was using the old school terminology.

Welp' date=' just finished it. Wow, how bad was that ending? No closure at all. All that time spent sculpting your character and their relationships, and it ends like that. MEH!!

[/quote']

Was that with the free Extended Cut or without. If you are saying that "with" the EC you should have seen it "without" [shudders just thinking about original ending]. There was a reason the rage went viral all over the web :P

I just now had the opportunity to play the extended cut, I'll be honest while I am not happy with it I am no longer sending mental image of doom and gloom in Bioware's direction. The EC at least wraps things up,

though now that shep is confirmed to live in the destroy ending I think this throws a wrench in some of Bioware's future plans. IMO I dont think Bioware intended for shep to live until all of the rage started and they discovered just how bad they fucked this one up.

Welp' date=' just finished it. Wow, how bad was that ending? No closure at all. All that time spent sculpting your character and their relationships, and it ends like that. MEH!!

[/quote']

Was that with the free Extended Cut or without. If you are saying that "with" the EC you should have seen it "without" [shudders just thinking about original ending]. There was a reason the rage went viral all over the web :P

With.:(

BioWare has scarred me.

I should have abandoned ship after getting through DA2 lol. I'm honestly wondering how they go on with ME after this. You KNOW they will but that will present a lot of problems.

Hey, I just discovered a new scene mid-game from the EC. And I think it goes to show that the new 4th ending wasn't a FU to anyone. It's actually a very special scene with Liara as she visits your cabin to share her time capsule device for your archives. Way sweet if you let her decide what to say about you and hear her next words. One of my favorite scenes now. And I love the way the very, very end after the credits shows that it worked in helping the next cycle stop the Reapers. How's that an FU, especially if you really didn't like the Catalyst or other endings?

Hey' date=' I just discovered a new scene mid-game from the EC. And I think it goes to show that the new 4th ending wasn't a FU to anyone. It's actually a very special scene with Liara as she visits your cabin to share her time capsule device for your archives. Way sweet if you let her decide what to say about you and hear her next words. One of my favorite scenes now. And I love the way the very, very end after the credits shows that it worked in helping the next cycle stop the Reapers. How's that an FU, especially if you really didn't like the Catalyst or other endings?

[/quote']

First part of this was in before EC. So this can mean that they had it already done and were saving it for paid dlc but ppl bitched to muche.

Hey' date=' I just discovered a new scene mid-game from the EC. And I think it goes to show that the new 4th ending wasn't a FU to anyone. It's actually a very special scene with Liara as she visits your cabin to share her time capsule device for your archives. Way sweet if you let her decide what to say about you and hear her next words. One of my favorite scenes now. And I love the way the very, very end after the credits shows that it worked in helping the next cycle stop the Reapers. How's that an FU, especially if you really didn't like the Catalyst or other endings?

[/quote']

Yea I like that scene too and I have always selected the "you decide" option. Someday I may have to try the other options but that one fit the Shepard's I have played thus far.

As to the FU. It wasn't necessarily the scene at all that was the FU. It was more the fact that they said they would not change the ending but rather just clarify it and then went and broke yet another promise and "did" change things by adding it.

Honestly, now that I have gotten over my rage at bioware I can look at this stuff a bit more objectively and you can make an argument either way on this. One it is a nod to folks that wanted a reaper win and/or just didn't want any part of the red/green/blue endings.

Or the other way it could be interpreted as the middle finger at the retake crowd for making them spend money to fix their game with a proper ending. Perhaps it was a bit of both.......:P

Honestly' date=' now that I have gotten over my rage at bioware I can look at this stuff a bit more objectively and you can make an argument either way on this. One it is a nod to folks that wanted a reaper win and/or just didn't want any part of the red/green/blue endings.

Or the other way it could be interpreted as the middle finger at the retake crowd for making them spend money to fix their game with a proper ending. Perhaps it was a bit of both.......:P

[/quote']

first impressions are always what counts the most with games. The way it played it out, and Shepards words and emotions during that scene were so well done that I was amazed. Despite my not liking the way it ultimately ended, It did contain the best voice acting that I have ever come across in any game to date. For that reason alone it ranks as one of my personal favorites even though it comes across to me as nothing more then a FU

first impressions are always what counts the most with games. The way it played it out' date=' and Shepards words and emotions during that scene were so well done that I was amazed. Despite my not liking the way it ultimately ended, It did contain the best voice acting that I have ever come across in any game to date. For that reason alone it ranks as one of my personal favorites even though it comes across to me as nothing more then a FU

[/quote']

Yea I would have to agree that it was very well done. It was almost like Shepard's voice actors were trying to punch it up as a final encore (which it isn't unless they decide not to make any single player dlc - surely bioware is not that stupid...). Either that or maybe the voice actors sympathized with the whole retake movement - wouldn't that be ironic!

Strangely, while the majority of folks I have seen at the bioware forums do view the added ending as an FU, there are quite a few that still think it is the best ending (well the best of the four that you have to choose from anyway). The irony of this is funny to me - that folks willingly choose an ending they perceive as an FU because it is a better alternative to the other three. :s

Never in my life have I ever witnessed such a collection of horrible moves by a single company in the gaming industry. I hope I never see anything like it again!

The EC soundtrack is available for free.

http://social.bioware.com/me3ecsoundtrack.php

It's funny' date=' I downloaded it thinking yeah they sure are trying hard to make up with everyone, then track 2... I got teary eyed. Then again found myself a little emo on track 6 which is the one for the 4th ending.

The soundtracks for all three games have been so good.

[/quote']

I agree with you there. That is one thing that bioware has nailed on all three games! The guys doing the musical scoring are flat out geniuses!

The EC soundtrack is available for free.

http://social.bioware.com/me3ecsoundtrack.php

It's funny' date=' I downloaded it thinking yeah they sure are trying hard to make up with everyone, then track 2... I got teary eyed. Then again found myself a little emo on track 6 which is the one for the 4th ending.

The soundtracks for all three games have been so good.

[/quote']

Thanks for the link. While I knew I wasn't going to agree with the endings either way, the music still provokes fond feelings for the game. Now I can listen and enjoy without actually having to play the game! Thanks!

Guest Lady Luck

Kinda Surprised there is no topic about ME 3.

1320836743.jpg

Mass Effect 3 is the upcoming sequel to Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 developed by BioWare for the PC' date=' PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360. It is intended to be the final game in the planned Mass Effect trilogy

Mass Effect 3 will be released March 6, 2012 in North America, March 8, 2012 in Australia, and March 9, 2012 in Europe. The game was originally slated for a 'Holiday 2011' release but was delayed to "[ensure'] that it exceeds everyone's expectations"[4] and "address a far larger market opportunity."[5] Prior to that, Ray Muzyka had stated that the release timing would be based on maximising both "quality" and "commercial success"

76432568291243809184.png

Few vids

[video=youtube]www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0-OR7IB2O4

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

lol my pc will run this like smooth butter XD damn i surpass all the recommended system must buy !

question this vs skyrim why the fuck does bethesda didnt do they shit right like bioware did *facepalm * they have reasonable requirement and games run very smoothly

Archived