Mass Effect 3

HanPL

i dont know why you ppl seem so angry with the game to me is a beautiful game the ending well i didnt completely liked it because' date=' in the entire game im giving hope and doing impossible things like curing genophage and unifying the geth with the quarian, kind of things, but i had to sacrifice myself to do the right thing i didnt like that, i believe synthetic and organics can live in peace why the sacrifice.[/b']

Dude, the reason folks didn't like the game is in the 80 plus pages of this thread. One of the main reasons for all the hate is right in your own statement (highlighted in red for you).

and the multiplayer is fun trying new characters is fun especially if you have friends and i have always prefer survivals than boring player vs player

Fun for a bit, and then it gets really old...fast! Enjoy it for as long as you can. :)

i dont know why you ppl seem so angry with the game to me is a beautiful game the ending well i didnt completely liked it because' date=' in the entire game im giving hope and doing impossible things like curing genophage and unifying the geth with the quarian, kind of things, but i had to sacrifice myself to do the right thing i didnt like that, i believe synthetic and organics can live in peace why the sacrifice.[/b']

Dude, the reason folks didn't like the game is in the 80 plus pages of this thread. One of the main reasons for all the hate is right in your own statement (highlighted in red for you).

This and the fact that in the end pretty much all of the choices you made through all 3 games DIDN'T matter AT ALL and they even said in

and interview that THEY WOULD.

i dont know why you ppl seem so angry with the game to me is a beautiful game the ending well i didnt completely liked it because' date=' in the entire game im giving hope and doing impossible things like curing genophage and unifying the geth with the quarian, kind of things, but i had to sacrifice myself to do the right thing i didnt like that, i believe synthetic and organics can live in peace why the sacrifice. and the multiplayer is fun trying new characters is fun especially if you have friends and i have always prefer survivals than boring player vs player

p.s. haven't finished leviathan yet, but hoping that i can just kill or befriend the reapers without killing myself

[/quote']

It's complicated, to say the least. Liking it or disliking it is not really something to argue with logic; that's something we do to justify our likes or dislikes, normally. I really liked it and the whole series, reflecting back, and each one was better than previous in my mind. I even thought the endings got better each time.

Also, I'm not so sure the message was ever meant to be that organics and synthetics will always fight. I kind of think it was more like organics will always fight other organics and with synthetics unless groups can learn to come together. But, then again, I also think the writers did an excellent job of not forcing any single overall message. So, in the end, you could go with how you thought it should be. I chose the Control option so I could be like the Avatar (from the Last Airbender series not the Cameron movie), restoring balance and order and using my ultimate power only to fight those who would otherwise rule. So I totally loved my Avatar-like ending.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to post in such an old thread with a question that's probably already been asked' date=' but does the leviathan dlc change the ending at all? It even add to it in any way ?

[/quote']

No. Not one change.

Only the EC (extended cut) makes any changes to the ending. The changes the EC makes are mostly cosmetic with the exception of one new ending (and that is just the developers flipping the middle finger at all us gamers who complained about the ending).

Not that I want to revive this topic anymore. But BioWare/EA is about to release the next dlc' date=' titled Omega.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/10/12/report-mass-effect-3-omega-dlc-out-nov-27-priced-1200-msp-15/

as for the comments a ways down. This one is the best "People are still playing Mass Effect 3?"

[/quote']

I will likely buy it but certainly not for $15 bucks. When it drops down to $5-7 I will pick it up. Leviathan was a complete rip off as I started it, then sneezed once and missed 50% of the DLC. :s

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome! I wondered if someone was ever going to attempt this. I jacked around with the bink files myself but it was a real pain in the butt. It also looks as though they are continuing to refine this so I can only imagine this mod getting better and better.

Thanks GSBmodders for the link!

That actually has been reported for quite a long time now. EA\Bioware hinted that a 4th installment may be in the works back when they released ME3, and they also confirmed that Shepard would not be in it.

The bit about the game engine 'may' be new ... but honestly in my rage against the F'd up ending might have made me miss it. I am about halfway through ME3 with the happy ending mod installed. I am actually looking forward to completing the game for the 1st time now! :)

• 2 months later...

I figured I'd bring back this old dea horse just to flog it a little more... the reason being that I just finished ME3 myself. About a month before the relese my computer crashed and I lost my savegame, so I didn't want to play ME3 until I could be bothered to replay the first two games. So I am writing this as a person who never saw the original endings, except afterwards, when I checked them out on youtube to see what all the drama was about.

Anyhow, my impressions of the controversial points regarding the game...

The combat I was very satisfied with. For all the talk about it being "dumbed down" or whatever I really enjoyed it. I'm not really upset about it, to me, what defines "role playing" is not the stats, skills etc., but the ability for my character to make choices regarding the story. I am more upset about the fact that almost no one references your class during the triology. There are a few references to your biotic abilities, but they are few and far between. To me that is a pretty big deal. Most biotic characters (except Wrex I guess) reference their own abilities atleast some, while no one seems to notice that I can kill people with my brain. A bit of a letdown in my book.

To get back to the combat ME2 and 3 really improved upon in particular the companions. While I assume that the companions in ME1 sometimes fired their guns, and maybe even killed some enemies from time to time, it really felt like a one-man show. In ME2 and 3 it really felt like you had a couple of highly skilled fighters along, not just a couple of bums who followed you around.

I'll put it in a spoler just incase anyone else is as late as me...

The ending... ah, the ending. I was satisfied with the extended cut ending actually. I can understand the rage of people who got the original ending, and even why they keep being angry after the extended cut, since it really must have ruined something great for them. After all, it's like sex, the first time really matters, no matter how many times you repeat it later in life.

The whole issue of the "starchild" and his reasons... Well, I think it might have been better to have left the reasoning behind the reapers a bit more in the dark. You defeat them, but never really get to understand them. That could have worked, but we would have had a similar shitstorm about that, with people complaining that nothing got explained. And about the lack of a "happy ending"... In my book the "green" ending is pretty much the perfect ending. What more could you ask for? All life in the galaxy reaches an entirely new level of existence. Can't really ask for more. That was my choice for my character that I played pretty much by taking the choices I felt was moral based on my IRL morality. The no-choice ending I felt was brilliant as well. It is well established that the galaxy had no chance to win a conventional military victory against the reapers. Shepard refusing to use the crucible would lead to just that, but it was still a pretty "good" ending, since it gave the beings of the following cycle a chance, which they appearently took and used to win against the reapers.

The one thing that REALLY annoyed me was the was assets stuff... I assumed that they would matter in some little way. Maybe if I recruited, say, the blood pack, during some part of the final missions, maybe when I was hard pressed by a couple of banshees or something, a couple of vorcha would jump in and help me or something, or atleast a cutscene. Sure, the battlefield was huge, and I imagine that we can imagine that all those assets where used somewhere out of sight, but I was really dissapointed with that.

I was also a bit dissapointed that they cut the "middle" or neutral option from (all?) conversations. I used it pretty often.

Oh, and one thing maybe someone could clarify for me... It seemed that the old companions, Tali, Garrus and, in my case, Kaidan, often referenced only missons that they were activly part of. Perhaps Bioware figured that most would take Garrus to Noveria, and Liara to Feros or whatever, but does the savegame actually track who went on what mission during ME1 and ME2? I am pretty sure that whenever they referenced any old missions in a "I was there"-way it was on missions I actually brought them.

All in all I am perfectly happy with the game, and the entire triology, although I imagine it would have been different if I had played it with the original ending.

The game does NOT track who went on what mission, from game to game. The only things it tracks are a few decisions you made, your fish and your LI. The statement you are seeing is just the blanket generic "I was there" to cover their bases. There is a saved game editor out there and you can see exactly what can be imported from one game to the next.

I am glad you are happy with the bioware tweaked endings. I was still completely unsatisfied myself, but the Happy Ending mod fixed all that. Now I can play the game at will and not have to dread the ending. I speculate that the reason bioware has not thrown fits about the happy ending mod is that they realize how badly they they tweaked a large chunk of their fan' nipples.

The game does NOT track who went on what mission' date=' from game to game. The only things it tracks are a few decisions you made, your fish and your LI. The statement you are seeing is just the blanket generic "I was there" to cover their bases. There is a saved game editor out there and you can see exactly what can be imported from one game to the next.

[/quote']

I figured as much. They just must have guessed fairly accuratly. After all, it is a fairly good guess that you'll take Jack into the derelict reaper, atleast on your second playthrough, since her abilities kick ass in that particular mission. In the same way it's a fairly sure bet you'll bring Liara to Feros and Noveria, on the chance that she'll have something interesting to say, because of her connection to those missions.

there is a mass effect 1/2/3 save maker in wich you can see what decisions are tracked. if they tracked wich companions were with you in x mission, that would definitely gave us a huge save file or in any case a very complex one.

I figured as much. They just must have guessed fairly accuratly. After all' date=' it is a fairly good guess that you'll take Jack into the derelict reaper, atleast on your second playthrough, since her abilities kick ass in that particular mission. In the same way it's a fairly sure bet you'll bring Liara to Feros and Noveria, on the chance that she'll have something interesting to say, because of her connection to those missions.

[/quote']

Again, it is just a generic statement. It doesn't matter who you brought to what mission (other than the "forced" ones that you have to take a particular squad mate), they will all say that they were there.

This isn't really something I am all that concerned with as you honestly would be taking the entire group on pretty much all of the missions instead of just choosing two, so you can fairly easily head canon that "whomever" really was there.

How did you feel about them voiding your decision on the Rachni?

I figured as much. They just must have guessed fairly accuratly. After all' date=' it is a fairly good guess that you'll take Jack into the derelict reaper, atleast on your second playthrough, since her abilities kick ass in that particular mission. In the same way it's a fairly sure bet you'll bring Liara to Feros and Noveria, on the chance that she'll have something interesting to say, because of her connection to those missions.

[/quote']

Again, it is just a generic statement. It doesn't matter who you brought to what mission (other than the "forced" ones that you have to take a particular squad mate), they will all say that they were there.

This isn't really something I am all that concerned with as you honestly would be taking the entire group on pretty much all of the missions instead of just choosing two, so you can fairly easily head canon that "whomever" really was there.

How did you feel about them voiding your decision on the Rachni?

Yeah, it was just a couple of times it struck me. If I re-run the game and choose not to take certain companions on certain missions I guess it will stick out like a sore thumb. I think it was mostly a statement from Jack about the derelict reaper that made me wonder if the game kept track of her being there or not since her statement wouldn't made sense if I hadn't chosen her for that mission.

Not just taking "everyone" on every mission is a pretty retarded mechanic that unfortunatly is inherent in all RPG's with multiple companions. Sure, it might make sense in some of the missions, where you would want a small force to fly under the radar, but most of the time it's just retarded. The only way to get around it while still keeping several companions would be to construct every mission like the suicide mission in ME2, with "something to do" for the rest of the squad, and I don't really see that happening. Or bringing different numbers of companions for every mission, which would be kind of cool. Some would be special forces sneaking around, others would just be big battles with everyone running around... hehe, I guess you can dream.

Anyway, I didn't realise my choice was voided with the rachni. I choose to save her. Do you mean they don't bother with any explenation why she is there if you choose to kill her in ME1? Just saying "Oh yeah, the collectors had an egg lying around" would pretty much solve that problem, although it is still a bit of a cop-out.

Right up until the game was released they kept claiming the Rachni decision would matter.

They not only voided it' date=' they lied about it just like they lied about planning the trilogy and having a coherent story. Screw them.

[/quote']

Exactly. Regardless of what decision you make they bring the rachni back. To me that was not only a broken promise, that was just shear laziness for not designing an alternate mission for those who killed the rachni.

Unfortunately, this was just ONE of the many decisions that they voided (or just flat out ignored).

Personally I am just pleased that a fan had the balls & brains to do what they would\could not in making the happy ending mod. The whole red\green\blue BS was as anti-climactic as ending the series with a hail mary fart that caused the reapers to die from the smell. :P

Archived