NWN Adult Modules - A Shadow Over Torath (was Dragon Claw Inn Expanded)

Aliris

And I don't know where you were going to post any more alpha's/beta's of your fine reworking of the module, but it appears the old vault (nwvault.ign.com) is no more.  Or at least it has been disabled as of today.  Sigh. 

I think most everything has been moved to the newer vault location (neverwintervault.org).  So I don't know if that is a posting possibility for you or not. 

Regardless, look forward to hearing about future updates!

Yes, some of the side quests would have to have their levels adjusted, or at least brought into line with the levels you can achieve in the scope of the module.

As for sites, I saw about NWVault.  I'll either post things here or to nexus, but probably just here.

Never put a module on nwn....so i did the basic and copied it to were my installation is overwrited folders  and all that, but it never ends loading so...

is there a tutorial of something i have to do? versions or something like that? help this idiot pls U_U

If Dragon Claw Inn is required (i though of that) then i'm fucked cause the vault is down and its impossible to download xD

I'm from spain so my english is horrible sorry :D

Never put a module on nwn....so i did the basic and copied it to were my installation is overwrited folders  and all that, but it never ends loading so...

is there a tutorial of something i have to do? versions or something like that? help this idiot pls U_U

If Dragon Claw Inn is required (i though of that) then i'm fucked cause the vault is down and its impossible to download xD

Is it the GOG version you have of the game and its expansions? I had problems myself when it came to the GOG version. But everything runs great with the disc versions.

It sounds like you installed the module and haks correctly.  

You probably need the 1.69 critical rebuild patch.  The GOG version doesn't come with it for some reason.

http://www.neverwinternights.info/players.htm#critpatch

I included all of the files you should need, in their appropriate locations (the hak folder, modules folder, and tlk folder).  Check and make sure those files are going to the corresponding directories in your nwn folders.

It works! its alive!

What i needed was the hotfix 1.69 like thhunter suggested :D

I love the fact that i posted the problem and in nearly no time people was posting sugestions!

for the moment i found a couple scenes and i'm alredy in love with the module (Skyrim is great and all but not story scenes, its all looks)

Yeah, that's just a quirk of how the modelers made the heads.  In NWN those colors are the two tattoo colors originally used for body parts - some enterprising modelers figured out you could use them to control eye and lip color on heads, but there's no standard as to which is which.

In the meantime, if you like some of this, though, and want to try a multiplayer server with all of this and more, I suggest taking a look at www.sinfar.net - the customization and animation options there put the stuff in this module to shame. :)

Hehe yes, I know Sinfar; a great server indeed ;-)

I must admit that I´m also building a mod like yours but without a plot (and a bit weird), with bunch of customization options and erotic scenes for my own amusement and kinks.

Anyway, looking for your updates :-D

It's great this is being worked on again, loved the original. Also inspired me to play NwN again. :D Only thing I'd suggest is making the "encounters" repeatable, seems a shame to only be able to do them once. Also, the customization options at the start are awesome, really liked that idea!

I agree with the poster above.   It would be nice if some of those adult encounters could be repeatable.  Like with the dwarves, for instance.  That maybe the PC would like to get revenge upon them.  Or perhaps one or more of them would trash talk her when she went by and try to badger her into getting into that drinking game again.  And she'd agree to the drink off challenge once again.  And similar results could happen to her as well if she would lose.  Or maybe they could bring some more "friends" in on it as well.

Same goes for the magician one.  Should he escape from the earlier encounter in that room, he could be the one coming back for revenge.  And one or more adult encounters can result from that as well.

I also like the idea of the orc escaping.  And he too could track down the PC for some revenge type action upon her as well.

I don't remember if any of these scenarios are in the offing from the modders.  But it has been something I've also wanted for quite awhile -- some of those encounters would be great if they were not only repeatable, but perhaps expanded somewhat as well.

It's just a script and associated messages.  NWN's armor system wouldn't really support it for a single player module (unlike a multiplayer server like Sinfar, where you can choose to use the appropriate outfits/body type to show it).  But yes, I wanted to include that sort of danger and consequence, and possibly have it be a plot point later in the story.

nwvault may be down for good. However, the NWN community made backups of the majority of the content there, and we're working on transferring it all to a new vault that's independently hosted so we don't have to worry about this happening again. Just an fyi since it didn't sound like anyone here knew about it.

neverwintervault(dot)org or just google "nwn vault" and it's the first thing found now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've tried this mod, and I think it's coming along pretty well. It has a few g;itches here and there, but that's to be expected. It's just a [part ofthe NWN experience, so it seems. There are definitely a lot of new haks and scripts out there you could take advantage of. There's now an auction house, a usable cage, and Project Q is now supposed to come with built in adult animations. Of course IGN is having lots of trouble with the Neverwinter Vault, which seems to happen as a yearly ocurrence. However, the new one is open, and it has a lot of the new haks and scripts that I speak of. NwN1 Projects | The Neverwinter Vault It's also a good place to post your module. I look forward to trying updates as they happen. Keep up the good work.

I just hope this module is being updated. 

Perhaps I am being a bit paranoid, but I'm wondering if this isn't something like the "Dragon Claw Inn Curse".  Ever since the original was posted, the module doesn't get completed.  The original author (Russel?) didn't finish it.  And I believe someone else started to work on it later on, but haven't heard anything since that inital posting about a year ago. 

Hope this time the curse hasn't claimed another moddler.  :)

• 4 weeks later...

Just a gentle knock.

Aliris, if your still working on this, I'd suggest that you add a post about once a month, just saying something as simple as "still working on it".

That way we know it's not been abandoned, and to keep checking.  Not asking for details or pushing you to complete, just a monthly nod would be nice.

Archived