NWN Adult Modules - A Shadow Over Torath (was Dragon Claw Inn Expanded)

Aliris

I've always loved the first Neverwinter Nights, really glad to see people are still making content for it! I'll definitely be watching this module.

Call me an idiot, but even as big of an NWN fan as I am, I don't know any good modules yet. Anyone have any ideas, so I have something to do after finishing Undretide, and Underdark while waiting for this? xD

I've always loved the first Neverwinter Nights, really glad to see people are still making content for it! I'll definitely be watching this module.

Call me an idiot, but even as big of an NWN fan as I am, I don't know any good modules yet. Anyone have any ideas, so I have something to do after finishing Undretide, and Underdark while waiting for this? xD

Well I'd suggest trying these.

A Dance with Rogues

Demonheart

Gladiatrix

Darkness over Daggerford
The Bastard of Kosigan
Shadowlords + Dreamcatcher + and Demon
A Hunt Through the Dark

Some of the above have adult content to various degrees of levels.

Well I'd suggest trying these.

A Dance with Rogues

Demonheart

Gladiatrix

Darkness over Daggerford
The Bastard of Kosigan
A Hunt Through the Dark

Some of the above have adult content to various degrees of levels.

Also add

A Dance with Spies

Dragon Claw Inn

(Personally I don't like Gladiatrix)

• 5 weeks later...

A question: What/where is the most recent release of this mod and what are it's requirements?

The alpha on page 3 of this thread should have everything you need...seems like OP has lost interesting in the mod. It happens. Pity, though :-/

• 3 weeks later...

Darkness over Daggerford
The Bastard of Kosigan
A Hunt Through the Dark

Any of those have adult content?

The Bastard of Kosigan I would rate as mature in content as opposed to adult. That series though was originally in French and the final one had never been translated before the IGN Vault went down.

Right.  Basically, mature can have a lot of themes...be it adult themes, graphic violence, harsh language, etc.  Adult tends to deal with more sexual content.

Would like to see more NWN mod's containing either one or both themes being developed.  

My time/interest does tend to be either very much all or nothing. I did have a few other tweaks and things I had put in since the last alpha that I'll probably look at here, and then either add to or upload entirely.  One of the things lately that I'd been thinking about was instead making an entirely different story using the similar haks/animations/etc, but I don't know that I'll have time to write that up either.

That all said, if anyone does feel inclined, use any of this content as you like - the beauty of NWN is that everything you need is already available when you download the module. Scripts, content, etc, are all accessible from the toolkit. :)

Thanks for the update, Aliris. 

I think I remember you saying your free time was at a premium now and it would be harder for you to work on projects like this.  Hate it when real life interferes, don't you?  :)  But thanks for all the time and energy you have put into this so far.  And hope at some point you will have the urge and the free time to continue mod's such as this.

Really like this mod and I hope you will find the time to finish it some day in the future. 

I was thinking is it possible to somehow transfer the pregnancy system to Dance with Rogues. I have a pregnancy fetish and would love to see that there since that mod already has some pregnancy related elements like contraception.  Even if it doesnt influence gameplay directly I would love to know who is the father when you get the pregnancy event in second game.

It's entirely possible, though it would probably take a lot of legwork, as the script checks would need to be added into each scene/event where you wanted it possible to trigger.

I have no experience in NWN modding, but would like to give a try to do this, can someone explain in detail what exactly should I be doing.

Your first step is to open up the toolset (it's in the same directory as your NWN install).  You can then open up any module you've got and look at them. There are probably tons of tutorials on the web for the basics, but it's pretty simple (easier than using the Skyrim Creation Kit, by far). Script writing is the trickiest part, but that's mostly similar to C-style programming, and the basic stuff shouldn't be hard to modify or adapt.

Aliris, I played through the mod and I just have to give you props for the great work. Ive had plenty of projects in NWN that i started up but never finished before I got tired of the story and wanted to try something new. Maybe you should just consider skipping the animations and just going to darkscreen (with descriptions) for the sex scenes and just try working on progressing quests/story otherwise? Its not as repetative that way. 

Anyways, Ive been working on my own nwn mod now, any idea where I can find inspiration for (non-cheezy) adult quests?

Anyways, Ive been working on my own nwn mod now, any idea where I can find inspiration for (non-cheezy) adult quests?

imo, the best way to go about it is simply to design a regular quest and then add adult encounters and situations over the course of it.  Then you could maybe branch off to other options from those encounters.  You don't even necessarily have to make them part of the actual quest, just something you stumble across during the course of it.

Going in with the mindset of making an adult quest for the sake of adult content is almost certainly going to be cheesy.  

Dragon Claw Inn kind of gets away with it because it's mostly a collection of encounters you come across as you're passing through.  

Put the adult stuff in where it feels right, or where it makes sense that it could happen.

It's cheese if you have an option where the pc can walk up to a barkeep and say "Give me a room for free and I'll have sex"

Not cheese, if the barkeep has a side business of murdering off his customers for their money and gear, where the pc arrieves looking rich, so gets the 'special' room for the night.  Slapped awake after being gassed unconscious during the night to find herself naked and tied up in a cellar. Where the Innkeeper says "Was just going to slit your throat, but . . . " Looks you up and down ". . . I think we can do something more fun first".  Of course, you'd drop some hints about the room or the inn keeper so the Player may twig something is wrong before going to sleep.

A lot of it depends on the environment and the setup.  One option would be to ask yourself "If this was real-life, would they do it?".  Think about how people behave in real life,

Cannot suggest specific quests that'd work, without knowing more about your games setting.

Archived