NWN Adult Modules - A Shadow Over Torath (was Dragon Claw Inn Expanded)

Aliris

That does sound like a good idea.  I don't know if I could manage Bioware-level (well, pre EA Bioware at least) levels of interesting companions, but it may be worth a shot.

I'm definitely planning on customizing the tavern area.  My first goal was to get it working, then see about adjusting from there.  I may also change the other conversations up a bit, as I don't think Prostitution in Torath will be so much actively outlawed (the way it was in Dhorn/ADWR), as not formally legal (but tolerated as long as it's quiet and out of sight).  A revenge plot is definitely a good idea - definitely better than the notion of just coming back in a few levels later and fireballing the whole tavern (which is what my characters would probably tend to do. :D )

Too fast on the draw I suppose.  There's a lighthouse in now (that tower at near the destroyed bridge), though I changed the model to a different tower, as that one didn't quite fit what I had in mind.  As to why they couldn't see it?  Well, that's another matter entirely, that I have some definite ideas on, and will come with later parts of the main plot. :cool:

The hi-res chest models do fit better with the the hi-res shaved/landingstrip/pierced pelvis models that you can get from talking to Anya in the Beauty Shop.  Unfortunately there wasn't a "hairier" one of those that I could find to start off with, so I went with the best compromise.

The tattoo color change options won't do anything visible unless you're using one of the head models (or a tattooed body part) that uses them to display eye/lip color.  The higher head models that I added make use of that.  I note also now that there are a couple of missing head models, I'll fix the script so that it's not trying to serve up null/empty ones.

ok, that explains it. I didnt scroll through all the heads in the mirror, since i figured they were the same as in character creation

No, there's a lot more in there.  The character creation heads are mostly old and ugly in my opinion, so I've been adding new ones that look better (such as the one in the screenshot).

Ok, cool.  Then I will also play around with it more.  I just suspected the heads were the default ones used when you first create a new character.  I'll go in and mess around with it more myself then.

What I did try seemed to work fine.  I changed the skin tone and the breast size (believe it was to a "B" cup).  I didn't try any of the tattoo options. 

I'm glad you put in more looks for the PC.  One of my biggest complaints (even way back then when the game was first released) was that there wasn't a whole lot of customization available for the newly created characters.  Great to see more options now.

Been thinking about that tall cave entrance in near the coastal road.

What if it's part of a hundred year old legend, and tied to the dragon claw Inn.

"Long ago, in our grandfather's father's time, a dragon dwelled upon the cliffs of this shore.  Flying out and devouring the crews of passing ships, Take the treasures in the cargo holds for it's own.  Many a knight came to slay the beast, but all died beneath it's claws and upon it's fires.   No knight or prince or king brought this dragon low.  The hand of a smith was the dragon's doom.  A smith hardened against the dragon fire by the long fires of his forge, and hardened by the metals from his forge that he shaped to his body.  No one left knows the way of the slaying, only that it was done by this smith with craft and cunning.  The only trophy he took was one claw that had pieced his body and stolen his trade, for no longer could he swing a hammer at the forge.  Instead he took his forge and built an Inn, Hanging the claw as his new Inn's sign for all to know the Dragon Claw Inn."

Could have it also that the dragon claw was stolen some 10 or more years ago,  A side quest could involve finding out what happened to the claw and recovering it, with the option or returning it to the Inn, or on a longer quest taking it back to the dragon's cave, exploring it and finding the dragon skeleton and replacing the claw  (could involve a cult that is trying to raise the dragon and needs the claw before they can cast the resurrection to bring the dragon back to life - which may be something the Character will end up needing to do to get the dragon's help in fighting a demon or other over-powerful creature.  Which may be why the character is a sorceress - as sorceress's magics come from having distant dragon ancestry, which the newly raised dragon may detect and thus be able to be persuaded to help.

I'm thinking about working in a draconic angle somewhere along the line.  There are other possibilities though - maybe it depends on what you do in the game?  Perhaps one of the aspects of the quest is learning more about your powers.

Anyway, I've polished a few things up a bit, and added a few more, for another pre-alpha version.

Highlights:

-Recustomized Tavern, some tweaking of the scene there

-Timekeeping for Fatigue, as well as Menstrual Cycle and Pregnancy (not sure how well this works, yet, but...)

-Added mechanisms for checking for the change of getting pregnant at the end of vaginal intercourse:

Base chance is set by what day of the menstrual cycle you're on (For debug/test purposes, the game starts you on the first day where there's a chance), modified by other factors. For instance, using Neem Tea reduces or eliminates your chance, but it's not certain, especially on the 'peak' days.  Some NPCs may also be set as more fertile than others (for instance, I gave Bagor a bonus based on the text in the encounter, etc), and there could be other factors as well.

-Did some initial work on the conversation with the Witch.  She will sell Neem Tea now, and not much else (though some of the dialogue options are in place).

-Various other things I mentioned in prior posts, such as the Diary, the Mirror, and cleaning up some of the prologue scripts/conversations.

-Added a new hak for the expanded animations, though as of yet none of them have been used in any conversations.  Also renamed the haks so I'm not wrecking the DCI haks when I do things like alter some of the basic 2das (like familiars, etc).

Please take a look, and let me know about any bugs, or more suggestions, as always.

ASoTv002.7z

Awesome, had a download. Since i'm more of a story man, i'll probobly have very little to comment on this update, but none the less reporting in as still being here, and still being very interested.

I'd advise not enlarging the project more than you feel is managable. All these ideas are fantastic, but it might be easy to get bogged down. So many projects die because of that.

Yes, I'm aware of that danger.  I'm going to try to not go too much more crazy beyond this in building out "backbone" systems.  With this done, I'll probably look to alternate between working on main plot stuff, and specific side encounter/quest stuff.

only significant bug i've found so far is in the sailor prostitution scene. where the "clients" tend to wander about inside the warehouse during conversation, and them not disappearing once the deed is done.

at some point a flying torso with a pair of boots spawned in there too, dont know if its an event or anything, only managed to encounter it once.

also, "accidently" killing one of the sailors turned the whole town against me, even though i made sure there were no witnesses left alive when i did... accidently..... murder him

I was having some problems with that, the sailors don't seem to want to go back to the docks afterwards.  Thought I had it fixed.  I'll also check the factions, and see if I can't make sure they don't cause wider aggro issues.

Re: Monsters - I definitely have some in mind.  One spot I was thinking of was the quest to find your familiar - you might have to (or at least have the option to) "bond" with it a bit.  I'd also like to put in a minotaur somewhere, but I can't find a really good head model for one that I could use on a dynamic body.

I was having some problems with that, the sailors don't seem to want to go back to the docks afterwards.  Thought I had it fixed.  I'll also check the factions, and see if I can't make sure they don't cause wider aggro issues.

Re: Monsters - I definitely have some in mind.  One spot I was thinking of was the quest to find your familiar - you might have to (or at least have the option to) "bond" with it a bit.  I'd also like to put in a minotaur somewhere, but I can't find a really good head model for one that I could use on a dynamic body.

For the familiar would we have to choose a particular one?

I like the appearance options. I'm tempted to drop your hak files into my override.

Familiars would probably have a choice of as many as would be reasonable - probably something like imp, mephit (fire or ice), hellhound, pixie, maybe a few others.  Each one would probably have a slightly different quest, or at least conversation/scene.  I might use the 2da to cut down on choices, though I'm not sure how well that would work (if it breaks anything that is).  Maybe just tell people at the start that they should choose one of the ones something was written for to unlock.

Familiars would probably have a choice of as many as would be reasonable - probably something like imp, mephit (fire or ice), hellhound, pixie, maybe a few others.  Each one would probably have a slightly different quest, or at least conversation/scene.  I might use the 2da to cut down on choices, though I'm not sure how well that would work (if it breaks anything that is).  Maybe just tell people at the start that they should choose one of the ones something was written for to unlock.

I believe in you can just delete  the familiars you don't want available in hen_familiar.2da

As far as I can tell that works.

I set hen_familiar.2da to

2DA V2.0

NAME         BASERESREF  STRREF DESCRIPTION

0  Bat          NW_FM_BAT   1995   5636        

1  Panther      NW_FM_CRAG  5995   5996        

2  Hellhound    NW_FM_HELL  5997   5998  

and those were my only options.

It sounds like a fun idea, maybe even add a loyalty/devotion gauge to the familiar that can be increased with actions or a quest or w/e and let the famliiar get stat boosts at certain loyalty levels.

I like the familiar idea. Although I prefer more if it was forced on the player. A Dance with the Spies had a good scene like that where some characters where sent to the dungeon and abused in that sense. 

For the sailors, maybe you can ad some water sports options. It would make sense that some sailors would abuse the female after they forced themselves on her. 

Was going to mention earlier that I wouldn't mind some sort of religious sect or cult that would be taking residence around the area somewhere.  It could be that cave.  Or possibly some ancient ruins located in another area.  The leader would be a cleric type character who would be running a cult based on sex.  He would lure unsuspectnig people (such as our PC) to it, or set some sort of trap, physical or magical (like dazing or otherwise charming or incapacitating the player).  And then the PC would have to endure some sort of sexual ritual by him and his group. 

Maybe this could start out to be a quest to look for disappearing people and then this cult becomes discovered later on.

Aliris, you are truly a breath of fresh air. Taking on two of my favorite mods and expanding/editing them is truly a godsend and I hope you have fun doing this. :) ADWR could use a little freshening up and from what I've seen of your work so far, it's in good hands.

I definitely have plans for a temple in Chapter 4 (or what I have written down as Chapter 4), though my initial plan was that the ancient temple would be on an island with a slavers' camp, and depending on how you ended Chapter 3, you'd either start as a prisoner of the slavers and have to escape, or fight your way through, and then will eventually find your way to the temple.  Maybe there are some cultists hiding within the temple, though.

The next thing I need to do though is do Chapter 1, which will be mostly short (comparatively).  I need to set up the kobolds, and plot and script/conversation the events for them, depending on how the character tries to navigate their way through the cave.  I'm hoping to also add options for some use of spells, including some of the less obvious/standard combat ones.

I also want to finish up the witch and that system, and then over time add some more minor side bits, some shops, etc.  Incidentally, if anyone feels interested in designing a small side-type scene, feel free to open the toolset and build/export the area and post it here. :)

Been a little busy at work (nothing like working 9 days out of 10), though I should have more free time after that.  Mostly I've just tinkered with a few things.  I'm going to try to get to a semi-playable beta before I put out another - at least to get the core story down, and then embellish as I (or others) have time.

I did fix the factions on the sailors, and have been tinkering with their start/reset issues.  I've also imported some manacle appearances for use later in the game.

Archived