NWN Adult Modules - A Shadow Over Torath (was Dragon Claw Inn Expanded)

Aliris

Interesting. I did always wish they was a way for you to not end up being rescued in the Swordfish, so nice to hear.

I'd say survival gives the most range as far as roleplay goes. That way, falling into bad situations is something beyond your control (thus why aDwR was so good at what it did in part 1, and as you got more powerful seemed to lull a little in part 2), and even makes decisions that a virtuous character would never normally take seem a little more reasonable. For example, the very original Dragon Claw Inn. You had the oppertunity to fight the orc and goblins rather than be ravaged by them; but if you started at level 1, this was (almost, with the goblins) guaranteed suicide. If you ran into them a little higher? More plausable. But needless to say, running into them at level 1 was more interesting, and thrilling, really.

I don't suppose you have considered incrimental releases to what you are working on? For example, that expanded Swordfish sounds utterly amazing by itself. It also means that we can see it evolve, and offer thoughts and such, as it goes. It also means there is something there if the project suffers an unavoidable cancellation for some reason. If not, I would be eager and willing to offer my services as a beta tester for this. Please. Haha.

Also, while I'm at it - are there any setups, scenes, especially generic sorts of things, that people like and would want to see, from other modules like ADWR?  I know I'd like to add in the option to go whoring, for one, which is one of the things I already have (mostly) working, just to give an example.

It's fantastic that you're working on this module. I think taking it as a template and expanding it is a great way to go.

As far as scenes go I have a few ideas.

Finishing the waitress scene with the stag party would be one way to transition into whoring. 

I think another encounter with the dwarfs would be easy and fun. Let the character be relaxed and embrace the slutty aspect of the end game of the drinking game, and the scene is repeatable with differences in the basement. 

Expanding the goblin scene, allowing the character to be taken into the cave and thrown into the cage. 

From ADWR, making something similar to the beggar scene, but having friends of his arrive in the middle of it, and he's so willing to share good fortune with friends. 

ADWR- Building off of something like Paurie's lie of having sex with sailors for a mission. Expanding upon that and having the lie lead to escalating situations that the pc could absolutely refuse, but she chooses to trust that she's doing it for a good reason. The second mission could be a gangbang with a crew, while a third and final would be putting on a show for a merchant, involving something ridiculous like a horse. 

ADWR- Something similar to the Swordfish but uninterrupted. 

ADWR Inspired- Similar to Christano and the cleric's hiring, but it's two men. They hire the pc for a seemingly profitable adventure at a more than fair percentage, with the stipulation that they can fuck her whenever they desire. They desire a sword and a pussy, hence the percentage. If the pc agrees, it slowly becomes apparent that they're much more focused on her than any quest. Towards the end they pimp her out to others, under the pretense of furthering their goal. 

With Daguy on some of my favorite scenes from the original game -- the goblins were especially well done.  For both male and female PC's.  I also like the reluctant aspect of it and just giving into the fear and/or desires from the stimulation at that point. 

I also liked the evil magician one as well.  But really there were so many good aspects to the original.

Great ideas being presented here too.  There is certainly a great deal of potential here with the reworking of this module.

I typically play my PC as an innocent, trusting sort of player.  Maybe deep down she really is curious about sex.  But doesn't outwardly display her sexuality.  But she might take a quest or two, trusting in the people that they are up front with her on what is expected.  But then she would get over her head or the questor would have just plain lied to her,  and she'd be taken advantage of in some way or another. 

Great ideas, all.  And thanks Aliris for working on this module. 

Without giving anything away, here's the prologue setup:

The Character starts on a ship, in the cabin.  A storm is brewing outside.  Eventually, drawn by the shouts of the crew, they poke their head outside.  Once outside, they wind up swept off the ship, and black out, only to wake up on a rocky beach below some cliffs, near the wreckage of the ship.  All of their belongings are gone, save for the ragged remains of their clothes...

I'm also thinking to block the use of the mage familiar, until possibly later?  I think I might be able to script custom familiars, too... but this would definitely allow for better grasp of the difficulty early on, and maybe some special things later on (like having to take control of your familiar to go into hard to reach places maybe?).

Perhaps instead of being a wizard specifically, it could be more generic.  So the fighter classes are sent to train with a martial master, rogues/bards with an acrobat, clerics with a high priest exc.

They can't get help from who they're being sent to meet, since the wreck happens part way to their final destination.

I will also second the "you need to have sex" to create a cover, with increasing acts to see how far the PC will go.

I'll definitely try and have some incremental releases, as soon as I have things in a semi-presentable format.  Last night I did most of the groundwork for the beauty shop, which is sort of my version of the ADWR one - this time it's entirely written from scratch, rather than adapted.  Skyrim has spoiled me a bit, as have some NWN multiplayer servers, so I wanted options to alter your character a bit, including after creation.  The shop lets you adjust hair (ie head model), makeup (tattoo colors), as well as to add or remove piercings, in addition to being able to have the character's sex shaved.  I also have a mind where the lady who owns the shop comes on to the character during all this, though that bit isn't written yet.

As far as the overall "plot", I meant sort of like how in ADWR the main character has a general goal of survival, but also something of a grudge against the Dhorn and a degree of allegiance to Nathan and the family.  The latter two are certainly up to the player in degree, but for the most part are part of the theme of it all.  I think I have an idea of how the initial scenario/archetype will work out though, and that will be the one I start with at least.

In terms of a first release, I'll probably do one sometime after the initial setup is done, with the prologue and lead in done, and most of the "world" at least ready for people to roam around in, even if not all the planned side quests and scenes are done, and then add those and more of the plot chapters from there.

Okay... here's an extremely rough version, so you can see some of the stuff I've been playing with.  Note that there's no way to go back to the start, but nothing stops you from just reloading.  Nothing stops you from playing with any character, either, though the stuff in the Castle Town is written for (human/half-elf) female only.  DCI stuff remains either or.

Archive password is "Torath".

Main highlights of this version:

-Rough outline of the ship for the Prologue, and the shipwreck event (Missing the intro story bit for the startup, currently just starts you off using the appearance mirror).

-Tidal caves/etc aren't finished, though the areas are connected - wander around if you like, or take the shortcuts provided.

-Village with Dragon Claw Inn  (Church and Witch's Hut put in, no dialogues though)

-Baron's Castle Town - Seedy Dockside Tavern, Sailors by the Docks, Beauty Shop

Note that this contains the module as well as the haks and .tlk - you should be able to just extract the archive to your NeverwinterNights/NWN/ directory.

ASoTv001.7z

I've got the extended version of ADWR that Nonsense667 did, and I'll be expanding on that.  Well, technically I already have - I exported the entire tavern (The Swordfish) and the associated conversations etc for the Sailors from Betancuria's docks, in part because I wanted to see how it worked, and see if I could expand on that, as well as practice with making the animations work.  Thus far it seems to be working nicely, though I'm sure I've missed a bug or two.

Oh, well then. I'm not really hanging around here that much anymore, but I was pointed to this post. I just wanted to say, in case there was any worry, that I have no issue with you taking that stuff. To be honest, I wrote it so long ago, I'm not that happy with my own approach to it, that much, hah. I feel that current me could have done a lot better. But even more pressing is that fact that I honestly don't even like ADwR anymore. I've tried playing it again recently and it just falls flat to me now. I guess roleplaying on SL has spoiled me or something, but I just don't find it as good as I used to think it was. The more I look at it, the more I see wrong with it and the less I see enjoyable with it (such as the main plot, the characters such as Arturo, etc. Ultimately, what I loved about the game was the beginning, that feeling of freedom, that feeling of living in a breathing, dangerous world, with so many different paths and routes to explore. The more focused and plot-heavy the game gets, the less I enjoy it. Thank god for discovering rp.) So, use what little that I did as much as you want, and feel free to change up any of it, as well as use any of those ideas I listed out. I don't mind. 

Awesome, downloading now. I'll check back after i've had a good nosy around.

I am incredibly impressed. Well written, with paragrpahs of decent length and good use of descriptive language. The town comes across as small and dingy, a regular little port, that would find a beautiful young [insert class] washing up an interesting event. I especially liked being washed up in rags, it really gives that 'oh shit, survival time' feeling.

The tavern scene masterfully expanded and well written, everything I ever hoped that scene could be. The only possible improvements I can think of would be mostly picking the more horrifed and resisting options not leading to trying to resist pleasure but more simply struggling to not utterly break. I admit i found the mention of the PC having previous experiance a little jarring, and would reccomend that unless you plan to start out the module like aDwR, that the wording be changed a little, as it really doesn't fit for inexperianced or well experianced characters. (Perhaps, later, even a script that checks 'vaginal' experiance? 0 a virgin of course, anything under a certain number the scene as it is currently written, and a particular special number that gets added if ravaged by anything particularly well endowed.)

I'd also suggest the end of the scene being a short fade to black where its briefly mentioned that it continues for a while, before coming abck to the bouncer moving the PC. It feels like it ends just a little abruptly, due to the numbers in the tavern. Also, a big one might be a single chance at the start (as a new, seperate option) to escape the scene.

One thing that might help the 'feel'? Have the tavern be the closest building to the town enterance. That way, it can make a stong opening impression, as it will likely be the first place people stumble into. It may be closer to the dock and fitting as such atm, but a player could concievably take quite a while to enter the tavern, and it feel like just a side event (albiet a deeply horrifying one).

I found the Dragon Claw Inn too, and its nice to see it from the outside. I see the half-orc quest is missing, but I assume thats just because you are working on it, rather than choosing to remove it.

Over all i'm incredibly impressed, as I noted at the start. You seem to have done an amazing amout of high quality work in a very short time.

I'm still looking around, so i'll add more later on if I get longer to play.

post-69-0-64344900-1402647821_thumb.png

post-69-0-82308700-1402647837_thumb.png

Just played through a little of your modified mod, Aliris.  Looks very promising!  I was actually surprised you had as much new content to the module as you did.   Thanks for releasing it for us to explore.

Was going to mention from a prior post that I like your witch's idea too.  That she would enjoy taking a souvineer from our PC.  Maybe even without her knowledge.  Or have minions secretly doing it.  Perhaps in her room or looking at her inventory the PC would notice something might be missing, but didn't know immediately what it was.  And then sometime later another item would be missing.  Maybe give a % change that she would notice the minion doing it, catch him/her and question him/her as to who they would be working for.  Sex could be invovled there as well to get info. 

Anyway, loved your new additions to the module!  Great start to it so far!

Didn't see Daguy's post earlier...so replying now..

Daguy:  The orc quest now starts on the outside of the DCI.  He's a guard outside of the inn and then you click on him to start the quest.  Though admittedly I didn't follow it to the end as I was still exploring the new dig's..

My 2 coppers...

Text is what makes a story successful. Now saying that... it doesn't hurt to have animations with the text. Personally ADWR would have been better with animations.

I will play your mod regardless though! 

How about an adventurer type hired by a regional authority figure to investigate the situation? The opening "questionaire" could narrow it down further, complete with the possibility of betrayal and intrigue.

My lamentations regarding overwrought character backgrounds were about just about background not connected to the game/module's events. I wouldn't expect a fully open world adventure, as I realize complete freedom results in a lack of narrative focus. For example, it should not make any difference where my character grew up or who her parents were (unless the story happens to be about a princess whose country gets taken over, or somesuch) and so there's no need for the module to dictate that.

Haven't played the first version yet, but all this sounds delightful.

So, use what little that I did as much as you want, and feel free to change up any of it, as well as use any of those ideas I listed out. I don't mind. 

Thanks - I looked at trying to pick up on what you'd done (and more generally what Valine did).  Ultimately it's not "my" story though, and while I could embellish it, I think I'm better suited to doing something different, even in a similar vein.  Ultimately there's only so much replayability in any single player module.

Awesome, downloading now. I'll check back after i've had a good nosy around.

I am incredibly impressed. Well written, with paragrpahs of decent length and good use of descriptive language. The town comes across as small and dingy, a regular little port, that would find a beautiful young [insert class] washing up an interesting event. I especially liked being washed up in rags, it really gives that 'oh shit, survival time' feeling.

Thanks!  The tavern scene is admittedly unpolished, but as I said, it's a rough start.  I'm going to go back at some point and even out the dialogue, as well as putting together a more even ending, as you suggest.

Just played through a little of your modified mod, Aliris.  Looks very promising!  I was actually surprised you had as much new content to the module as you did.   Thanks for releasing it for us to explore.

Definitely - feel free to wander around and suggest things that might go in various spots.  There's going to be a wizard who lives in the tower at the end of the Coastal Road, that figures into the 'main' plot.  I also had an idea that there might be bandits camped out in the burned-down house near the other end of the kobold caves.

How about an adventurer type hired by a regional authority figure to investigate the situation? The opening "questionaire" could narrow it down further, complete with the possibility of betrayal and intrigue.

My lamentations regarding overwrought character backgrounds were about just about background not connected to the game/module's events. I wouldn't expect a fully open world adventure, as I realize complete freedom results in a lack of narrative focus. For example, it should not make any difference where my character grew up or who her parents were (unless the story happens to be about a princess whose country gets taken over, or somesuch) and so there's no need for the module to dictate that.

I'm definitely planning to avoid any extraneous information.  Most of what you find out about the world will be inferred, or referenced in some offhand manner as you go, or at least that's the idea.

While the additions are currently barebone, I see great potential. The area design is simple but sensible.

I have to admit that I really like the starting point of "well, I'm stranded, have no shelter, food or money and barely have clothes".

Most importantly of all your writing avoids many of the pitfalls I've seen other writers fall into when trying to expand content of this nature, so I look forward to more.

Will you implement some kind of system for hunger and / or rest/sleep? Not in a survival mod kind, where you have to eat every hour or so, but rather one that checks whether you're getting food from somewhere (so if you have a room at a tavern, it'd assume you get food and not bother you), and keeps reminding you that you're hungry if not. Maybe keep the character from sleeping or give mild to severe attribute adjustments?

Even without real consequences, being reminded that your character feels tired/hungry would make offers of food/money/shelter more attractive.

That's a good suggestion.  I was planning on trying to keep track of time anyway, so that shouldn't be too hard to add on.  I think moderate penalties would suffice - you'd be encouraged to do so, but not so horribly penalized that hitting the fatigued state would be a gamebreaker.

Has anyone had much time to play around with the model/appearance adjusters, i.e. the mirror in the cabin, and the beauty shop in the town?  The latter is a little buggy still, though it shouldn't break anything.  I think I may change it so that you're not seated for the piercing/shaving conversations, if only so that you can actually see the changes on the model - when seated, it's impossible to see.

I'm thinking that I also need to add these (http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Hakpaks.Detail&id=8182), which were not available when Rusal first did DCI.  Should allow for a bit more... ah... variety, in the animations. ;)

So I'll probably upload an incremental version after the weekend.  Tonight I mostly polished up some things, fleshing out the prologue to add a journal entry, as well as more detail/story rather than just dumping you in the cabin.  Now there's a brief introductory conversation, some checks to make sure you're playing a human or half-elf sorcerer, and a diary to go with the mirror.  The diary asks certain questions, and depending how you answer, it sets certain things on your character.  You get to choose one school of magic to start with a free spell focus feat in, as well as some alignment setting style questions, and a question about what the character's sexual prowess or lack thereof is.  This determines if you're a virgin or not, but also is going to be used to set the starting value for the character's chasteness, and grants a modifier to the Arts of Love skill.  I also made it so that you can't exit the cabin until you've used both the book and mirror, and set the character's chest model (since I'll be using scripts that rely on the custom models, as they represent the sizes).

Chasteness and Depravity are going to be two (separate) stats the game will keep track of, that I intend will come into play in certain things (quests, conversations, certain NPC attitudes).  The idea is that your character's responses may have a later cumulative impact, beyond simply good/evil.  If nothing else, maybe I'll just have it displayed for the player. :)

I also fixed up the scene in the tavern a little based on the feedback - now the bouncer comes and disperses the rest of the crowd after the ringleaders have their fun, before he drags and dumps you at the entrance.  I'll probably also go back and even out the dialogue in the whole scene, later, but this should help with that semi-abrupt ending.

Per a previous suggestion, I changed the death script and dialogue for the Bagor quest - now he can't die, he'll just get knocked out on the offchance you kill him.  This means you may run into him later... :angel:

Lastly, I tweaked the Beauty Shop conversation up a bit.  I need to add an actual dress store for her, as well as add in the possibility of actual seduction/molestation/sex, rather than just the semi-erotic stuff she does now, though I need to import/add those F/F animations to really do that right, which are included in that link above, along with 10 more M/F positions.  Should provide a bit of variety, I think.

Was about to comment on this myself...that I have heard of speed reading classes.  Did you happen to take a speed modding class as well?  ;)

I like a lot of the proposed additions.  Not as keen on the food/sleep requirements, but as long as they aren't too constricting on one's gameplay, I can live with them.  I do like the change to the tavern scene.  It does make the ending a bit less abrupt.  And even as a rough draft, so to say, I thought it was great otherwise.  As someone else mentioned, it was the way the Swordfish scene should have gone down in ADWR.

This weekend will be a bit on the busy side for me.  But hopefully will be able to poke around and explore it a little bit more and maybe come with an idea or two.  Otherwise, I think you are getting a lot of good suggestions here from members of this forum.  Really like how this reboot job of yours on this mod is coming along.

OK, input from me. Great job taking this up. The new stuff seem delicious and I can't wait to explore around. Maturity (or just smut, I'm not discriminating here) is something that was severely lacking in the original game, despite the many adult (mass death, murder, treason, drugs, poverty etc) themes throughout the storyline.

I would also like to support the idea of food and sleep requirements, at least at first. See, it is hard for me to think why -realistically- an adventurer would dabble in prostitution and sexual favors without the push of extreme poverty and need. Sure, love of lust can be a reason, but I'm having trouble convincing myself that a mighty wizard, with more gold than she needs would fuck a sailor for 10 gold coins. Whereas, if she has nothing, she's hungry and night is fast approaching, well, it becomes... more possible. 

Also, yay! for text! Animations are not bad, but only text can convey a good sex scene in NWN. So, kudos and waiting for more. 

Has anyone had much time to play around with the model/appearance adjusters, i.e. the mirror in the cabin, and the beauty shop in the town?  The latter is a little buggy still, though it shouldn't break anything.  I think I may change it so that you're not seated for the piercing/shaving conversations, if only so that you can actually see the changes on the model - when seated, it's impossible to see.

i did mess around in front of the mirror a lot, and in the beauty salon.

i was able to change "heads" and boob size, as well as change the colour of skin and hair.

the options about "tattoos" didnt seem to change anything what i could see. (i didnt have any tattoos to begin with)

i did end up in a conversation loop at the salon, were i was continuously asked to sit down

The tattoo color change options won't do anything visible unless you're using one of the head models (or a tattooed body part) that uses them to display eye/lip color.  The higher head models that I added make use of that.  I note also now that there are a couple of missing head models, I'll fix the script so that it's not trying to serve up null/empty ones.

Image Examples:

post-311055-0-63964800-1402772327_thumb.jpgpost-311055-0-74738500-1402772332_thumb.jpg

I did a lot of work to fix up the conversation with the Fashion/Beauty shop, it should work better in the next version.

Next I think I'll work some on the Witch. 

I also have some ideas for familiars.  It may be tricky, but I'd like to have you start without one, and have to gain it during the course of the game.  I *think* the way I can do that is by blocking summoning one at start (easy, and already set for v0.02), changing the hak file to limit the number of choices, and then having a quest lead on a different path based on which one you picked.  This would allow better control of the difficulty, and make things a lot more desperate at first, since a level 1 mage by themselves is weak, but if they have say, a panther or a dire wolf that kills stuff for them, not so much.

I agree, there's not a real incentive to engage in prostitution.  I'll probably also put in some side quests that send you down towards the docks, or try to get you to engage in prostitution (or at least expose you to that part of the area), much in the way that ADWR did.

As far as speed, some of it could go faster.  I probably spent an hour last night just trying to get the animation for the Beauty shop to line up right so the proprietress grabs your breasts when she pierces (or unpierces) your nipples. :lol:

I agree with you that turning off the 'familiar' on the sorceress and rather making it something you gain is good.  Personally I'd make it a companion npc, so you can give it a personality and have it talk to the PC, join in conversations, etc.  

One thing that made ADWR so good, was the conversations with your companions, and how they would initiate talking to you from time to time.  Having a talking hell-hound or shadow-hound or imp or something as a companion could be more interesting than having just a standard familiar.

You may want to alter the shape of the interior of the Tavern a little, it feels too much like a lift-and-drop from ADWR at the moment.  You could have it trigger during a conversation, rather than as soon as the character moves into the bar.  Maybe have them take her into the back room, with more joining in as the scene plays-out, becoming a gangbang until the bouncer notices comes over and drags her out - If the bouncer is a little nice to the character when he takes her back to the front door and tells her she should leave, he could become a source of info in a future plot when she has to wait for him to come off-shift to ask him about something.  Maybe setting it up so the character can talk to the bouncer when he leaves work and persuading him into telling her who the ones responsible / took part, so she can hunt them down individually for revenge may be fun.

I used the mirror to alter the character's colouring and breasts, as the modified upperbody looked better than the default one.  It's a pity there wasn't one that let you alter the butt too, as going with small breasts tended to make the character look too wide in the hips.  I also added nipple rings at the beauty parlor which worked fine.

That tall cave entrance near the broken bridge is just shouting for a giant creature/monster to be inside.

Your town could do with more roads between the buildings, feels a little too rural for a town (works fine with the village, but the town feels like a village rather than a town).

A lighthouse would also be good to add, as the intro mentions that they are trying to see one.  Could have a side quest at the lighthouse, which was the reason it wasn't seen as the light had been put out for some reason, maybe it's been attacked and the keeper's son dragged off by something and the keeper himself hurt, so begs the character to try to rescue his son.

Archived