NWN Adult Modules - A Shadow Over Torath (was Dragon Claw Inn Expanded)

Aliris

First of all, thank you to Aliris, for putting together ASoT. It has such awesome potential.

So, after years of lurking I decided to try my hand at the NWN toolkit. And seeing as ASoT had all kinds of nice things already built into it, I decided to have a go at completely ruining what Aliris visioned it to be.

The attached module has very minor changes to ASoTv2, the only noticable thing being the addition of content to the kobold caves one enters after getting shipwrecked.

I am a complete amateur at module crafting, relying heavily on the NWN script generator to make anything work. The changes in the attached module took me about 10-15 hours of work to implement. And they come up to 5 minutes of gameplay at tops. So, do not expect much.

And in conclusion, I am planning on working more on this thing, but I figured I'd upload my efforts here any time I've done anything remotely noteworthy. Mainly because motivation is a fickle bitch, and in case I decide to give up on this thing, the next guy along can use whatever I've produced, if they so wish.

Update:This upload doesn't hold much new content compared to the previous one, but I've basically fixed all the bugs and made Higdush's bed work, etc. So I'm calling the kobold cave finished ( for now). There are two routes to getting through it, and options to get through utilising stealth, violence, persuade / bluff, or sex.

Everything should work, but if you happen to run across a bug do tell me. Also, if you have suggestions / ideas for quests / critique / mad craving for my manflesh, let me know.

Update2: Removed old file, look at newer post for new file.

First of all, thank you to Aliris, for putting together ASoT. It has such awesome potential.

So, after years of lurking I decided to try my hand at the NWN toolkit. And seeing as ASoT had all kinds of nice things already built into it, I decided to have a go at completely ruining what Aliris visioned it to be.

The attached module has very minor changes to ASoTv2, the only noticable thing being the addition of content to the kobold caves one enters after getting shipwrecked.

I am a complete amateur at module crafting, relying heavily on the NWN script generator to make anything work. The changes in the attached module took me about 10-15 hours of work to implement. And they come up to 5 minutes of gameplay at tops. So, do not expect much.

And in conclusion, I am planning on working more on this thing, but I figured I'd upload my efforts here any time I've done anything remotely noteworthy. Mainly because motivation is a fickle bitch, and in case I decide to give up on this thing, the next guy along can use whatever I've produced, if they so wish.

its great that someone has picked up the mantle again. and you've made a good addition to the module.

hopefully you'll make many more

I also like what you have added.   You have the potential here to make this a really nice addition to the original mod.  Like both the new areas and adult scenes.

Have a couple of questions though.  Minor spoilers:

After I was, uh, friendly towards the boss guy, I left the kobold area.  I roamed around but I couldn't get anywhere  I found the lighthouse, but it was locked.  And I couldn't transition to any other place that was inhabited.  Is that the way it is set up now in the alpha?  Or is it because I didn't bother to use the HAK files (since I had them already from DCI/previous Torath game). ?

Again, really like the additions...pleaase continue to add more at your leisure.

After I was, uh, friendly towards the boss guy, I left the kobold area.  I roamed around but I couldn't get anywhere  I found the lighthouse, but it was locked.  And I couldn't transition to any other place that was inhabited.  Is that the way it is set up now in the alpha?  Or is it because I didn't bother to use the HAK files (since I had them already from DCI/previous Torath game). ?

It's the way it was in Aliris' latest release. Nothing outside the intro and the kobold cave was touched in my upload.

The only changes in the HAKs are my additions to the sorcerer class. I've given them weapon proficiencies and the ability to use armor up to medium. Mainly because I have a thing for the whole "spell-blade" thing, and I'm planning on having a questline or two focus on magical armaments. Also, screw balanced classes, I'm making a single player campaign here.

It's the way it was in Aliris' latest release. Nothing outside the intro and the kobold cave was touched in my upload.

The only changes in the HAKs are my additions to the sorcerer class. I've given them weapon proficiencies and the ability to use armor up to medium. Mainly because I have a thing for the whole "spell-blade" thing, and I'm planning on having a questline or two focus on magical armaments. Also, screw balanced classes, I'm making a single player campaign here.

You're going in a good direction here imo. If I was to design a story based module, I wouldn't like the player to have too many possibilities regarding gender, class etc. perhaps I'd restrict even PC's looks Planescape: Torment style. That way I could focus on telling a story and if PC's description would've came into play, I wouldn't have to worry about being too specific.

Therefore in the module we're discussing I like customization options in the intro but are afraid these are (mostly) for flavor only. If a PC has big breasts, it's shown only when she's naked and isn't reflected in other dresses nor in dialogue (perhaps becuase Aliris didn't have time to work on that yet). If, however, the PC would be restricted to some properties, the author would've an easier job to make the module coherent.

Hmmn.  In Aliris' version, I was able to journey to the Dragon Claw Inn area.  Maybe because I went to the kobold caves I don't have access to that pathway there now (?)

Again, I like the time and effort you have put into it thus far.  Only thing about that kobold cave encounter I might add (or if it was there I stupidly missed it) is instead of fighting, leave one more option for PC resisting (but not fighting and turning everyone hostile) but the boss and maybe his kobold sidekick just go ahead and rape the PC anyway (again, without them and the whole population of the area turning hostile).  Maybe have a random chance at one or more of the other kobolds will attempt to rape the PC as she is leaving the area.

Just a thought.  And thanks again for all your efforts here...looks like it has quite a lot of potential.  Hope you continue on with it.

Therefore in the module we're discussing I like customization options in the intro but are afraid these are (mostly) for flavor only. If a PC has big breasts, it's shown only when she's naked and isn't reflected in other dresses nor in dialogue (perhaps becuase Aliris didn't have time to work on that yet). If, however, the PC would be restricted to some properties, the author would've an easier job to make the module coherent.

I have actually removed all but the third size option of the five original choices. I've kept the breast inspection in the prologue, because it's an easy way for me to have the PC change the default naked upper body of the HAK to a better looking one. But I'm not actually allowing for customisation there. Also, I am convinced that Aliris is a masochist for even offering five different choices originally. The thought of having to write five times more dialogue for anything to do with titties, makes me shudder.

Again, I like the time and effort you have put into it thus far.  Only thing about that kobold cave encounter I might add (or if it was there I stupidly missed it) is instead of fighting, leave one more option for PC resisting (but not fighting and turning everyone hostile) but the boss and maybe his kobold sidekick just go ahead and rape the PC anyway (again, without them and the whole population of the area turning hostile).  Maybe have a random chance at one or more of the other kobolds will attempt to rape the PC as she is leaving the area.

I'll probably end up adding a couple of strength checks for resisting, or something along those lines. But it'll come later, when I get around to building some universal mechanics to scenes.

As for the kobolds, I don't think I'll add anything for them. Mainly because I can't get into it. I mean, they're reptiles! They come from eggs (afaik)! There's no way they'd care about something that's too tall and has unnecessary mammary tissue. But hopefully I'll be able to create something for a bunch of goblins at some point, that's almost like kobolds, right?

Update: Here's the latest version. Sadly, it doesn't have any more scenes, but there was some unfortunately necessary story building to be done. In the new section, the player meets the primary antagonist and the driving force behind whatever plot the module has.

There's quite a bit of railroading, but I don't even want to imagine how to make this section work with multiple routes. So I won't.

I could use some feedback on the new content, it has so much dialogue that I'm sure I've left spelling errors and silly turns of phrase in there.

ModdedASoT003.7z

Have d/l'ed the module and will play as soon as I have some free time. 

Ok, goblins will work.  Though I would still think kobolds would have certain urges.  I mean, they gotta fertilize those little kobold eggs somehow, don't they?   ;)

As I said, will fire up the NWN game when I have some time available later on - probably tomorrow.  Thanks again for taking on this project!

Well, I played through the latest version, was very friendly to the boss.

I'd suggest that instead of a magical compullsion to turn back from going the wrong way, it might just be a much longer travel time / trough more dangerous land.

The main other thing is that the dialogue when you meet the antogonist has a few broken paths.  I don't know the specific paths, but there were several times that the dialogue would stop partway through depending on the choices made.  I was able to restart them and find a working path, but it is annoying.  Also, when I was supposed to get the teleportation rod nothing happens, is that the current end?  If so I'd suggest adding a short message there to let the player know.

Well, I played through the latest version, was very friendly to the boss.

I'd suggest that instead of a magical compullsion to turn back from going the wrong way, it might just be a much longer travel time / trough more dangerous land.

The main other thing is that the dialogue when you meet the antogonist has a few broken paths.  I don't know the specific paths, but there were several times that the dialogue would stop partway through depending on the choices made.  I was able to restart them and find a working path, but it is annoying.  Also, when I was supposed to get the teleportation rod nothing happens, is that the current end?  If so I'd suggest adding a short message there to let the player know.

I'm actually just going to mess around with a few variables, and have both the east and the north route teleport you to the boss. And having looked through the conversations, it seems that I forgot to link a couple of conversation choices properly, thanks for the tip. Edit: Fuck me, something has broken most of the links, causing even previously working ones to end the dialogue, I hate my life. Also, after testing it, it seems that spamming through the conversations breaks them... Somehow the player ends tagged as being in combat by a few of the effects I used. And that prevents the next convo from firing.

And yes, the teleportation rod is the current end. Speaking of which, I've decided to remove the teleport rod, and just implement a portal network of sorts in the world for fast travel. I assure you that this decision was entirely not based on the fact that I can't figure out how to make custom activatable items work.

Update: Here's a version with all the bugs I could find fixed. Alaroth's head should now be visible, conversations shouldn't break, and puppies will be happy. Current content ends at the apartment. I haven't done anything with the Castle Town yet, but there's the Salty Dolphin there, if you want to re-explore the stuff done by Aliris.

Oh and the sailors in the harbor are still broken. I've spent the last 3 hours trying to figure out why.

ModdedASoT004.7z

I think the problem has to do with the fact that youre going to have to tweak the script supposed to fire after they get teleported to the shed. I re-implemented a working version of valines whoring-system in my mod a long time ago and I seem to recall that was the only changes needed (assuming I remember correctly).

Funny thing, I first considered it would be a fun thing to create my own dialogues for the whoring system, but I realized after a while that valine already included just about everything, so it really felt pointless. Rewriting something is less exciting, and creating something like that from scratch just to end up with something similiar felt like time wasted. In my opinion I guess its both a gift and a curse to be able to use well made modules as framework for your own.

Tried it both ways...being nice to the Orc boss and hidding/sneaking my way though. 

Didn't find a lot of bugs.  I did have an issue where I probably was clicking away too quickly.  That when I was being defiant to the new boss you created, he punished me.  Just after the hit point hit, I clicked on the next dialog and got a "You are too excited tot talk now" or something such as that.  But I was able to restart the convo by clicking on said new boss.  When I went slower and continued on with each coversation option, I didn't have that issue re-occur.

Some minor spoilers below...won't bother with the spoiler space..just don't go further down if you want everything to be a surprise....

My witch armor wouldn't fit after the, umm, enhancements.  Is that supposed to be the case?  Am I supposed to run around nekkid in Torath now?  I think you said you didn't do much to the Aliris areas.  But I did go in the beauty store and she wouldn't sell me a dress to wear...no matter what I did, couldn't get her to give me dialog options.  *shrug*  So I guess I should stay unclothed(?)

And IIRC, Valine had some initial problems with the sailors in the warehouse in one of her earlier versions.  Don't know what she did to fix it.  I am also not necessarily a fan of random whoring, but I do like it that sailors (or other thugs, ruffians, scoundrals) won't take "no" for an answer and drag the me the PC somewhere for a little bit of nasty activity.  Don't know if there is a way to do that so that the villains aren't stuck there or walking around still...wish I could be of help there. 

Like what you have done so far.  Great to see the new story elements.

My witch armor wouldn't fit after the, umm, enhancements.  Is that supposed to be the case?  Am I supposed to run around nekkid in Torath now?  I think you said you didn't do much to the Aliris areas.  But I did go in the beauty store and she wouldn't sell me a dress to wear...no matter what I did, couldn't get her to give me dialog options.  *shrug*  So I guess I should stay unclothed(?)

I'm going to be adding a bit where you can get the witch armor altered at the beauty store. And there's clothing to be found in the apartment, there just wasn't any in the version I've released.

Anyway, I've wasted a stupid amount of time trying to troubleshoot code that I barely understand. I think it's time to give up on the wandering sailors (the ones in the tavern don't have problems). I'll just have to see about creating something to replace them. Using my own, crude scripts.

Just find this module

Good to see Tovi is working on it now.

I played the last update.

great work so far.

I like most the starting Point(stranded), the Big Breasts, the piercing option at the store,the salty Dolphin Scene.

Do you plan to add a male PC  some day ?

And Some BDSM would fit in nice too.

useable-bonds on neverwintervault org   looks great

Looks fun. Thanks for taking up the task of building on this module. I'll try and get around to playing it over the weekend.

I have some written content from Celeritas EoS and DemonHeart Chapters 1 and 2 that didn't get used, next to none by EoS, that you are welcome to use. EoS asked for a ton of content over four to six months but they decided to not do much in the way of sexual content in their module.

Just message me about it and I'll email it to you or whatever you like.

I've also given Lamb most of what I wrote for EoS as well as have given ReMeDy (The Dark Paladins of Knox) that content as well. I know to a degree what Lamb is using and that she won't use all that much of it, mostly breaking it up into chunks. ReMeDy hasn't contacted me after I sent off an email with all of the related documents attached.

If you like I'd be willing to try and help you out on new content. Depending on what you want/need.

--

On the sailors from A Dance with Rogues. Valine and I playtested those lines hundreds of times to find the mistakes and fix them. Took forever. Particularly when she was willing to add some content to them after I made some suggestions. (The lines were getting stale after reading them so many times.)

I did write some similar lines for EoS/DemonHeart but Lamb only used fragments for Chapter 2.

I have some written content from Celeritas EoS and DemonHeart Chapters 1 and 2 that didn't get used, next to none by EoS, that you are welcome to use. EoS asked for a ton of content over four to six months but they decided to not do much in the way of sexual content in their module.

Just message me about it and I'll email it to you or whatever you like.

You really are like the patron saint of dialogue, aren't you? :D

I'd greatly appreciate anything you can offer. Trying to come up with scenes and writing the dialogue for them is pretty much where I struggle the most. Apart from the whole "can't script to save his life" thing. I'll PM you.

I always try and help people with projects that interest me.

Scripting was hard for me to learn too. I've not had to do much with NWN script in some time. Just simple stuff.

I used to mostly help out with beta testing, construction of quests, etc. Feedback mostly. More recently it has been writing stuff up but I guess I did a little bit of writing that made it into A Dance with Rogues but that was mostly by accident when Valine would take the words right out of my emails.

8)

--

I have put up about 35 documents so far. I believe some of the next batches maybe duplicates because I started sending Lamb some of the stuff I wrote for EoS after I felt they weren't going to actually use any of that content.

--

I've added 10 more documents. Most of them are mixed into the first batches of documents because they are related to those sections: EoS, DH 1 and DH 2, etc.

Total content roughly 1.4MB yet there will be some dulication. Not including the Module Design and Builder's Toolkit document which is pretty big in itself.

I decided to post the Module Design and Builder's Toolkit along with the quests I wrote for EoS. I first wrote those EoS quests on the new Bioware forums so they have been public in the past and I know several people who have posted in this thread have seen them.

People building NWN modules, or other kinds of RPGs, might have a use in seeing these documents.

NWN_building_modules_final.doc

EoS Waste of Time.docx

Archived